Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

Arteta is going to be the holding mid. My biggest issue with it is that what happens when he is injured? We are just as reliant on him as we were last season which is a nightmare. My issue is I feel that we need another player to help improve the depth in that area

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arteta is going to be the holding mid. My biggest issue with it is that what happens when he is injured? We are just as reliant on him as we were last season which is a nightmare. My issue is I feel that we need another player to help improve the depth in that area

Yep, exactly this. It doesn't have to be a defensive midfielder, just anyone who can play centrally to make up the numbers. Selling Song without bringing in a replacement is just farcical.

The problem I have here is I want us to go forward and challenge for the title and other trophies, I feel like we're simply challenging for 4th here showing little ambition to move forward.

Spurs have improved heavily and it's making things even harder going for 4th.

I think we all do but we also want a self sustaining club and we are financially constrained. The club only breaks even at the moment so any profit comes from the sale of players however this year we had some property money. Not really sure what is going on

The mismanagement of this squad really is something i cannot understand, we are going into this season atleast 3 players short again and its been the same for years. It literally makes no sense to run things like this, they really must be deluding themselves into thinking things are fine.

Forget midfield we are down to chamahk who can't score goals and two players who have never played in the premership so will need time to settle upfront. One injury which will happen and we are ****ed, it's not like we were getting loads of goals from all over the squad last year it was pretty much Van persie or no one.

I cannot believe we have been this naive again.

At most we can bring in one non homegrown player due to the squad restrictions so that is holding us back. The biggest issue is we can't shift players because of their wages and Wenger is reticent to have them outside the squad as its uneconomical, his sense of loyalty and it isn't get for the spirit of the team

Ha ha, he made it seem like he had a story, but instead it was a song by Rick Astley that no one likes. Quality stuff. Links to that song should have a name or something......

Yup, it might even become like a global internet sensation or something, I just hope he did not use all his material in one post and that we have more of this unique humour still to come.

Yup, it might even become like a global internet sensation or something, I just hope he did not use all his material in one post and that we have more of this unique humour still to come.

On an internet forum during deadline day. They don't call him Crazy Ivan for nothing. Sign us some players ffs!

and you expect me to listen to talksport?? no, no

Why not, the journos who have been interviewed on there have been spot on so far today.

Well there you go. Lies, lies, and more lies from the club.

So, is that finally it for you lot? Do you all finally see what I've been saying for years now?

AW has NO ambition to win a trophy at Arsenal.

What a bollocks football club we are. Would rather no one than Michael ****ing Essien.

Hope we sack the lot tbh. Hopefully this will be the year when we finally finish fifth so we can start sacking some board members.

There we go. You've arrived at where I was 2 years ago. You finally caught up.

But, don't say things like you hope we finish 5th because then you'll be branded a fake fan by the "Arsene knows" brigade.

I actually hope Man City put 10 past us and then buy Tv5 and Cazorla in January because, unfortunately, that's the sort of thing it will take for fans to properly turn.

I WANT the civil war to begin at Arsenal. I want unimaginable pressure on the club. I want huge changes.

This cannot go on.

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david 4m

Arsenal were in talks earlier over Chamakh exit but Bendtner/Park moves mean Wenger needs him. No arrivals as things stand #bbcfootball #afc

That tweet sums up everything that is wrong with this football club.

Chamakh :D why we keep holding onto players who are doing nothing for us i don't know.

Park, Denilson, Bendtner, Squillaci, Arshavin all still here or on the books. We have been waiting 6 years for Diaby to do something aswell, 26 years old and still in the "potentially" category.

This is very disappointing however it's not a disaster. The squad is good enough to finish in the top four. We still have a good first XI; however I am worried about the depth particularly in the centre of midfield with 2 players with dodgy injury records to say the least and another coming back from a very long time out. I feel we could have done with another central midfield player and forward type player with Theo's uncertain future and Gervinho's ability to promise a lot and deliver so little.

Archived