Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is M'Vila actually that good? I've never seen him play tbh so he may well be fantastic, but I can't help thinking that coupled with his chequered history the fact that nobody has actually gone near signing this 'fantastic solution to our midfield woes' might mean something. M'Vila smells a little bit like one of those names fashionable in the media but little more.

It's getting closer and closer to deadline day, the rumours are getting more and more mad, heard one earlier saying Marca reporting Vilanova wants to sell Fabregas and we apparently have a 35M buy-back clause that's still active :D

What's next? Cazorla comes out and says he'd love to play with Cesc for Arsenal, Theo claims Cesc would be a great signing, Frimpong declaring Cesc has Arsenal DNA :D

I seem to recall, a few years ago, there was a group of 3 young, english central midfielders at arsenal who were said to be "the future", one was Wilshere ( who i think was said to be the most talented of the 3, which has been proven correct so far ) one was lansbury, who was the other one? i seem to recall he fell off the map and is playing in the lower leagues atm.

The times are saying walcott has rejected a new contract apparently, really starting to get sick of this.

Agreed.

With 72 hours to go we are once again scrambling around for new players just because we have such utterly incompetent individuals in charge at AFC. This is unacceptable and heads really need to roll soon.

Gazidis, PHW, and Wenger are all doing everything they can to hinder progress at the Emirates. Time for a big, big change. Why does this happen to us every god-forsaken summer?? You only have to look at the common denominators for the answer.

Shambolic it hasn't been sorted before this. Good player but if his wage demands are rumoured we should have sold him before. As long as we replace him I am fine with it but this would be much worse than the RVP issue as we left it to the last minute

stupid that its been left this late to either a) offer him a new deal or b) wait for him to make his mind up.

If its true and he has refused to sign we have 3 days to get rid, so have no bargaining power. A deal to City involving Dzeko would be acceptable, but then who do we replace Theo with?

We have too many things going on in the final week of the transfer window again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walcott was worried of Chamberlain over taking him in the squad.

Could you blame him?? Chamberlain is a machine!! I'd choose the ox over walcott any day! And I'd be happy if we got sinclair or dzeko! But we need a second playmaker type. EVERYTHING runs through Cazorla now it seems, I guess with Arteta doing a bit of the work. But if Cazorla gets injured then we lose a big chunk of our attacking ability because he has such vision and passing

I'd chose Theo over Chamberlain for games where there is space for him to run in-behind. Chamberlain better in the games where teams stick 10 men behind the ball. Horses for courses. Which we will no longer have thanks to how tight the board are. But hey, we are top of the net spend league \o/.

If we sign Afellay I am definitely done.

I'd chose Theo over Chamberlain for games where there is space for him to run in-behind. Chamberlain better in the games where teams stick 10 men behind the ball. Horses for courses. Which we will no longer have thanks to how tight the board are. But hey, we are top of the net spend league \o/.

If we sign Afellay I am definitely done.

Done in a good way.....? And top of the spending? that's nice, but it means nothing. PSG spent a tonne, and look where it got them!

Done in a good way.....? And top of the spending? that's nice, but it means nothing. PSG spent a tonne, and look where it got them!

Done in a 'I want the board to **** off' way.

And skybet odds are full of ****. Cabaye wont go to us.

Done in a 'I want the board to **** off' way.

And skybet odds are full of ****. Cabaye wont go to us.

dont shoot me for this as I know very little of afellay, but why not him? my view would be that he is not needed being a winger - a position in which we are fine in

If Theo goes we are definitely not fine out wide. Even with Theo we are not fine out wide. Unless a season of Gervinho starting every game sounds fine to you?

Afellay is terrible. Injury prone and just really average at football.

It's like we are never going to get to the point where we are building in the summer instead of spending the whole time replacing starting players we lose, that's no way to move this club forward.

It looked like this was finally the year where we signed players early so we could build but lo and behold we are back here again.

Yeah. This is basically last summer but in reverse. If Theo goes we need a starting winger and a starting midfielder. As well as a squad player or two.

If that all happens then yeah fine, we've strengthened. But the likelihood of that happening? Very slim indeed.

Btw, potential bid for Sinclair do we reckon?

SSN reckons cabaye to arsenal and mvila to tottingham according to their odds. I wouldnt complain about us having cabaye, but i would complain if tottingham got mvila.....

No thanks to Cabaye. I want some steel to the midfield and Cabaye is not the Song replacement I expect.

Archived