Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Sure here you go Juventus, have our Danish international striker on loan for the whole season, you don't have to pay all of his wages or even a loan fee, and if he plays well enough you can have him for a cheap fee of €6million at the end!."

Did we get a good deal here?

I mean he could be extremely useful with Chamakh and Chu Young seemingly leaving and us being left with just Podolski, Giroud and Walcott as striker options but whatever, as he wants to leave lets give in and await the games where we have one option up top.

Im sure arsenal are in for more players than we know. AW is good at keeping his mouth shut on things like this, so although as a supporter of arsenal, its highly fristrating not to know the gossip, however for wenger to get a good deal and not have other teams jump in, its important that he doesnt flaunt his desires

I'd take Bendtner over Chamakh/Park.

Anyone else annoyed that we always fail to offload our players and instead give them out on loan until their contract runs out? Squillaci was rumoured to be heading that way, Almunia did, Denilson, Bendtner, Chamakh, Park etc

I'd take Bendtner over Chamakh/Park.

Anyone else annoyed that we always fail to offload our players and instead give them out on loan until their contract runs out? Squillaci was rumoured to be heading that way, Almunia did, Denilson, Bendtner, Chamakh, Park etc

My annoyance is mostly with the fact that we give unproven players large contracts that make it impossible to ship them out when they turn out to be hopeless.

The top, top, top player we should have signed is Dembele.

Agreed. He's a beast.

I think the next 14 hours will determine AW's entire Arsenal future. Little to no action and he'll be hounded out by the fans. He just can't go into another season with the squad the way it is now and expect to get away with it.

Hearing Loic Remy close to signing for the gunners

We have been linked with him since he was 18, just the usual trot out an old rumour on deadline day. Won't happen.

Would love a strike of his style (pacey, quick feet) rather than target man but i don't think he has developed as much as he should have by now and will probably be played out wide anyway.

Still i would take him right now.

On BBC it says new signings at AfC now unlikely FFS.

Why???

So, to sum up, AW says we are very active in the market and so we'll go into the new season with just 2 forwards and no DM.

Genius from le liar once again.

Wenger is finished if this is true.

On BBC it says new signings at AfC now unlikely FFS.

Why???

So, to sum up, AW says we are very active in the market and so we'll go into the new season with just 2 forwards and no DM.

Genius from le liar once again.

Wenger is finished if this is true.

Firstly, the day isn't over, we can still sign players.

Secondly, we might be very active looking for players, but can't find any, or the funds to buy them. Therefore Wenger isn't lying.

And also, why would Wenger tell the bloody press about a potential signing, and therefore increase his transfer value?

There's another idiot Arsenal fan who I work with, moaning about not making any signings today.

He moaned last year about how last minute our deals were, and now he's moaning that we haven't signed anyone. Clearly can't remember further than a month back.

It's not even the points he make that annoy me mostly, it's the constant 100% moan.

Spurs activity just slaps you in the face. They have no champions league football and yet are showing 100x more ambition than us, improving their squad, offloading deadwood and even breaking their record transfer deal potentially. If we end up signing Tiote or Essien whilst Spurs get Moutinho etc I'll be ****ed off.

Everyone around us is improving and all we've done is sign replacements, we're maybe even weaker than before. These next few hours are big, hopefully they're keeping quiet and we end up happy later.

Spurs activity just slaps you in the face. They have no champions league football and yet are showing 100x more ambition than us, improving their squad, offloading deadwood and even breaking their record transfer deal potentially. If we end up signing Tiote or Essien whilst Spurs get Moutinho etc I'll be ****ed off.

Everyone around us is improving and all we've done is sign replacements, we're maybe even weaker than before. These next few hours are big, hopefully they're keeping quiet and we end up happy later.

Exactly this.

We won't sign anyone of any note. You know why? Because they're all moving to Spurs and every other club!

Archived