Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is fab btw? edit: nvm, back injury still apparently

Mannone should be fine, our defence looked solid against stoke so i hope we can maintain that, also might help if suarez does a favour and continues to finish dreadfully. Incredibly I actually feel more confident in the defence than the attack atm, how things change.

Where is fab btw? edit: nvm, back injury still apparently

Mannone should be fine, our defence looked solid against stoke so i hope we can maintain that, also might help if suarez does a favour and continues to finish dreadfully. Incredibly I actually feel more confident in the defence than the attack atm, how things change.

I think the defence is solid. You can tell bould is involved!! hopefully it will be like the days of dixon, adams, keown and winterburn

Pep to Arsenal isn't that far fetched at all really. Although I think he is quite overrated as a manager.
probably a larger chance of pep managing Brescia at some point, since he have for quite some time stated he wanted to go back there at some point

Both. Diaby shouldn't be starting matches for us though.

I'd agree he shouldnt. But I do believe the ox is best on the wing, with his pace he can fly past most defenders in the league and put crosses into the box. If they were low crosses and walcott was on the end of them, with their pace together, the following will happen - 1) lots of offsides 2)walcott will fluff the finish or 3)walcott will score..... would be interesting to try I reckon, but in training first....and NOT before tomorrow's game!

I hate to say it but Diaby has been impressive so far.

Why do you hate to say it? Do you hate being wrong about your negative opinions that much? Even by just one game? There are millions on pessimistic fans around the world, but everyday, they pray they're wrong. I would think you'd be happy you're wrong about Diaby, even just for a game, because it means Arsenal is benefiting. I know I was happy as hell when Song eventually turned out better than I thought he'd be.

Yet again Jenkinson showing just why he was playing non-league football 18 months ago.

Or the other way round, for a 20 year old, who just 18 months ago play League 1 football, he's done well to improve to become part of the so-far best performing defense in the league.

For a 20 year old, who hasn't had that many game time... for a backup RB... I think he's done well today. The odd mistake here and there, but he's done well for the most part and you can't fault his effort.

I think the weakest player in our defense today was Mertesacker.

Why do you hate to say it? Do you hate being wrong about your negative opinions that much? Even by just one game? There are millions on pessimistic fans around the world, but everyday, they pray they're wrong. I would think you'd be happy you're wrong about Diaby, even just for a game, because it means Arsenal is benefiting. I know I was happy as hell when Song eventually turned out better than I thought he'd be.

Or the other way round, for a 20 year old, who just 18 months ago play League 1 football, he's done well to improve to become part of the so-far best performing defense in the league.

For a 20 year old, who hasn't had that many game time... for a backup RB... I think he's done well today. The odd mistake here and there, but he's done well for the most part and you can't fault his effort.

I think the weakest player in our defense today was Mertesacker.

I thought defensively Mert was good. His passing was a bit sloppy.

Last year, RvP finally stayed fit and showed how good he was.

I think this year, Diaby might be that one. If he stays fit, he might eventually prove to be the player Wenger always tell us he is. His natural talent have always been obvious, but his injury record is almost unbearable. If he stays fit, I think he'll prove to be the surprise of our season.

Bouldy still has a lot to work on that defense. However, it already looks better than recent time already. Individual mistakes aside, I thought our defense did well. It was particularly pleasing to see the midfield providing a much better protection for the backline.

Hard to see any negatives in the performance today. Diaby and Arteta were superb, Cazorla looked lively but faded later, and that's the 3rd clean sheet in a row. Not bad considering we've been to Stoke and Liverpool.

I still don't think we have enough to challenge for a cup once the injuries kick in though. I'm a bit worried about Giroud too - he was hardly in the game today and I hope he can contribute a lot more as time goes by. Still early days.

Jenkinson made a few errors today. But also some strong tackles and good decisions too. Developing player. Diaby and arteta were rocks in midfield. Great play by the pod and cazorla. Giroud is getting into space. Encouraging play from him. He just needs to find the net and relax a bit. I think we've got a strong team in all areas. And we are UNBEATEN!! Shades of the unbeaten title winning arsenal perhaps?? ;-) :-D

Hard to see any negatives in the performance today. Diaby and Arteta were superb, Cazorla looked lively but faded later, and that's the 3rd clean sheet in a row. Not bad considering we've been to Stoke and Liverpool.

I still don't think we have enough to challenge for a cup once the injuries kick in though. I'm a bit worried about Giroud too - he was hardly in the game today and I hope he can contribute a lot more as time goes by. Still early days.

Are you capable of anything but glum negativity???

I still don't think we have enough to challenge for a cup once the injuries kick in though. 'm a bit worried about Giroud too - he was hardly in the game today and I hope he can contribute a lot more as time goes by. Still early days.

Not helped by some appalling crossing. There were a few times Giroud got ahead of his marker in the box and the ball just sailed miles over his head.

Archived