Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact he is writing them off already from winning a cup! And mentioning injuries. Why? Injury free so far. Have faith and hope it stays that way

Not much wrong with what he said. Made a nice change.

Arteta was immense today, and Diaby, much as I don't like the guy, if he performs like that every week then I'll be well happy. Hopefully when Giroud finally finishes a chance, the goals will follow more rapidly. I know that's hardly a good Liverpool side we played today, but the defence does look more organised. The biggest defensive problem today was the distribution with Per being the most guilty.

Not getting over excited but there is hope... for now.

xnod :cheeky: :king: etc

Haha. He was excellent today, which frustrates me more as I know he will be horse **** in our next game.

Arteta and Cazorla are just really good footballers. Gibbs is maturing into a top left back too. I adore Podolski.

Hopefully when Giroud finally finishes a chance, the goals will follow more rapidly.

Hope he gets a goal soon, seems to work hard, win most of the headers that come his way and do his bit defensively on corners so I like most of what I've seen of him so far.

Difference between a top 4 side and a top 6 side, which you don't always make apparent.

To think last week it was doom and gloom at no goals and no wins and now it looks pretty good with unbeaten and not conceeded a goal. Football, eh

meanwhile our victory has allowed the liverpool thread to descend into chaos whilst last week a good performance against city had them feeling quite good

Not helped by some appalling crossing. There were a few times Giroud got ahead of his marker in the box and the ball just sailed miles over his head.

This is a good shout. Some deadly Jarvis or Ashley Cole crosses and Giroud would have had a couple today *

* Not that I'm suggesting we should buy Jarvis or get Cole back etc but you get the point.

It's actually Sunderland away that they have next... Man Utd is their next home match.

Ah I must have mis-heard commentators earlier when they said United next for Liverpool. Their thread does worry me though, it's like an alternative reality of what our thread could turn into if we ever got into their position.

I don't know, I feel like us Arsenal fans have been through enough in the past decade to know better than that.

We were in Crisis mode back in 2006, and we somehow clinched 4th in the last game.

Last season we were also in crisis mode yet somehow finished 3rd.

I think we know better than most that the season is long and lots of things can happen.

Arsenal fans singing your new striker scores when he wants the guy who scored first goal. Also sang she said no robin which was a bit disappointing considering he wasn't playing.

I thought diaby was superb made time on the ball, strong, drove forward started the attacks. Liverpool could not break you down and you counter attacked really well.

Well done guys hope you or city win the title while I accept my team is miles from 4th that why I was hoping for top 6 but no striker we might finish 8-9th.

Arsenal fans singing your new striker scores when he wants the guy who scored first goal. Also sang she said no robin which was a bit disappointing considering he wasn't playing.

I thought diaby was superb made time on the ball, strong, drove forward started the attacks. Liverpool could not break you down and you counter attacked really well.

Well done guys hope you or city win the title while I accept my team is miles from 4th that why I was hoping for top 6 but no striker we might finish 8-9th.

Sorry for going off topic but you need to get your ass into the OTF league thread. :D

Liverpool fans pre-game.

Downing would rip him [Jenkinson] apart, nevermind Sterling. Apparently he is set to start as well.

For a back-up RB, I think he's done well. Love the fact that he's a Gooner as well.

We need a rule where if he is mentioned then the user gets a straight infraction. :D

Retro make it happen.

He's been infracted. I will not tolerate this kind of thing - it ruined an otherwise excellent Sunday!!

Let that be a warning to you all. :mad:

I've gone rogue.

Next it's anyone criticising Wenger or the board. So sy and dj have about 5 minutes to say their goodbyes. :D

You need to re-evaluate that and think twice.

Don't want to get carried away, but we do look like we have more of a solid more organised side then previous years. Even last season, once we got going, we looked fairly solid. Surprising for an Arsenal side considering our normal attacking creative game. I think Arteta helps a lot.

I know its been said a lot but Diaby showed what he could be today. Hes not just a very good player, hes a quite unique player. On his game I think he'll frighten other teams. Oh, and have faith in Giroud, he'll come good. Missed a sitter of a header today though.

Our team relies on 3 things, at the moment, in my opinion.

1. The improved defense, probably based on Bould's work with them. If we're going to do well this season, having lost our star striker, our defense need to continue to improve as they have done

2. The double pivot. Arteta and Diaby have set the standard, and it's one we must keep throughout the season, at the very least. Arteta seems to be the only player with the intelligence and discipline to play the holding role right now. Whoever comes in, Wilshere, Ramsey, or any other, need to keep up the good work of shielding the back 4 and supporting the attackers.

3. Santi Cazorla. He's truly a class above our other attacking talent. The difference he makes to our build up play and attack in final third, compared to someone like Ramsey or Rosicky, is absolutely massive.

According to AFCAMDEN, Jack Wilshere's back in training and is "looking sharp". All going well, he should return to 'ball training' by the weekend. Great news.

Let's just hope we don't rush. Apparently, Arsène wants him to be part of the squad for our home UEFA Champions League game vs. Olympiacos (October 3rd) :thup:

I've only just noticed, Gibbs went absolutely mental at Giroud when he missed that chance yesterday, looked outraged! I would say that won't help his confidence but Giroud didn't seem to gaf anyway. Still, I found that strange from a teammate.

I seem to remember Giroud getting a bit frustrated with the awful crosses Gibbs was putting in before that, so I would guess Gibbs was just getting his revenge!

I've only just noticed, Gibbs went absolutely mental at Giroud when he missed that chance yesterday, looked outraged! I would say that won't help his confidence but Giroud didn't seem to gaf anyway. Still, I found that strange from a teammate.

Noticed that as well, my explanation for it at the time was that, had Giroud knocked the ball to his left in to the path of Gibbs instead of shooting, Gibbs would of had an open goal. Could be wrong of course though and Gibbs just went mental because he missed!

The more I think about it, the more I feel Diaby could become one of our key players this season. His natural talent have always been clear to most people. It's his injury which have so far, crippled his career. His qualities, as a box-to-box midfielder, is probably one of the most sought after in English football. I was watching highlights of my favourite player of all time, Vieira, the other day, and it's amazing what he brought to the table. Diaby will probably never be anywhere near as good as Vieira, but I think having a proper box-to-box player, if he can remain fit, can prove essential to our effort this year. It's no coincidence surely, that the likes of Essien and Yaya Toure were all key components of title-winning sides. Now Ramires is Chelsea's new engine. In modern time, our best campaign was in 2007/2008 when we had the much improved Flamini next to Cesc in midfield.

I think he can be consistent. I think it was his injury that prevented him from being consistent.

I also don't see a lot of the criticisms that he used to receive, like being lazy, undetermined, or selfish.

Archived