Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

Champions League. What are you competing for?

Do you mean a CL spot for next season or the cup itself? For the former, you aren't competing with them - they're getting one regardless. For the latter, well, I'd say it's unlikely enough that it's better to have the £20m. Same goes for other competitions, sure, you might have a tiny shot at a title, but strengthening United and getting £20m for it isn't going to have any meaningful effect on your chances.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but when was the last time Fulham looked like going down? 07-08. And when was the last time Arsenal had a title challenge? 2010-2011. So they aren't really comparable. But I guess you weren't to know that, since you were probably scrapping around in League 1 back then

Yeah but when was the last time Fulham looked like going down? 07-08. And when was the last time Arsenal had a title challenge? 2010-2011. So they aren't really comparable. But I guess you weren't to know that, since you were probably scrapping around in League 1 back then

You finished 4th :D :D :D hardly a serious title challenge, closer to 6th than to Man Utd that year.

Yeah, but we were coming 2nd for the majority of the campaign. It was only an awful run it that prevented us from challenging at the end. But like I said, you weren't to know, can't blame you for not following a league two divisions up from your club.

So you had a good run for a bit and then fell back to your natural position? Arsenal haven't been inside the top 2 since 2004-05, I think that excludes them from being qualified as serious title contenders doesn't it? Always assumed the same sentiment was shared by Arsenal fans tbqh.

Keep on with the cheap shots about us being in League 1 back then though.

So you had a good run for a bit and then fell back to your natural position? Arsenal haven't been inside the top 2 since 2004-05, I think that excludes them from being qualified as serious title contenders doesn't it?

Again, good knowledge of the Premier League, that was definitely a title challenge. 1 point behind at the end of February=title challenge as far as I'm concerned. But you tell me, you're apparently the expert on title challenges, despite having never seen your club win the top flight. Now bore off you small time know nothing, your sister probably wants a porking.

The original comment was about selling our best player to one of our competitors. It doesn't actually have to mean a team we're competing with now, it could mean a team at a level we're hoping to achieve. Even though Arsenal don't have the resources to expect to be competing with the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea for the title, we have enough resources that we have a chance of competing with them, and it is surely a target for us?

By selling our best player to Man Utd we are extending the gulf between us and them (we are weakening ourselves and improving Man Utd) and making our ultimate target more difficult to achieve. Therefore the original comment holds true. Man Utd are competitors because they are an obstacle to our ultimate aim.

Anyone who claims that we have no chance of making ourselves contenders for the title is an idiot. But then anyone who thinks we should expect to be at that level is an idiot too.

Sagna doesn't sound pleased, he is very right though.

I like this bit, we sound like a disaster with contracts. He doesn't sound overly keen on the clubs situation, think he'll be here much longer?

Sagna then admitted that his own situation is far from certain, revealing his contract is up in 2014 - something Arsenal would never confirm publicly.

"My own situation? At the end of the season, I will have one year remaining," he said, insisting that nobody from the club has been in touch.

So we wait until he is back in form with only one year remaining on his contract and are in a terrible negotiating position? Ridiculous.

It's the beginning of September. You are aware we can offer contracts to players during the season, right? There's almost ten months until his deal has twelve months to run.

If he's back and playing well and we haven't offered him a new deal by the start of next summer, then I'll be worried. Right now you're just being absurd.

funny if bacary returns and goes back to form and proves himself as one of the best rb in the league, we don't bother to get him to sign a new contract, decides he can do better by the end of the season, tired of selling club mentality and goes off to some big club for a tidy £8million or so.

****ing hell, the state of some Arsenal fans in this thread. You should be ashamed.

Sagna has had 2 broken legs and is approaching 30.It would be sensible to not offer him a contract. However, the club are shortly going to offer new deals to Sagna, Chamberlain and Gibbs so you can all stop ****ing moaning.

I do wonder what some 'fans' would be like if we were in Portsmouth's position atm, we have it really good. Maybe too good and that's why there are some fans who are acting like spoilt brats.

****ing hell, the state of some Arsenal fans in this thread. You should be ashamed.

Sagna has had 2 broken legs and is approaching 30.It would be sensible to not offer him a contract. However, the club are shortly going to offer new deals to Sagna, Chamberlain and Gibbs so you can all stop ****ing moaning.

I do wonder what some 'fans' would be like if we were in Portsmouth's position atm, we have it really good. Maybe too good and that's why there are some fans who are acting like spoilt brats.

I agree with you 100%. The hypocrisy of some fans is baffling. They belittle Chelsea achievements because a rich man bought their success, but when our owner's don't behave in the same way with regards to irresponsible spending, they get mad.

Manager in showing emotion shocker.

Poor man cant win with some fans.

Sagna doesnt sign, gets fit, leaves. Fans revolt.

Sagna signs, get injured again. Fans revolt.

Lets see how he comes back from his latest leg break before we judge - if he comes back and has a good few months, there is still time to go before the end of the season to renew.

Sagna issue is being blown out of proportion. Just wait and see if he signs a new deal before the end of the season rather than worrying now about the whole thing
That was the problem with Flamini, Nasri & RVP, probably Theo too but at least he remains neutral for now. Too right were apprehensive about final year's approaching, however far off the actually are.

That was the problem with Flamini, Nasri & RVP, probably Theo too but at least he remains neutral for now. Too right were apprehensive about final year's approaching, however far off the actually are.

We as fans shouldn't be apprehensive yet as it's too much effort. The club on the other hand should be sorting the issue.

I was not aware there's a buy-out clauses on the Bendtner's loan.

Also, Giroud looks nothing like Chamakh. Beside, he has a better goal-scoring record than Chamakh did as well. I'm still feeling quite optimistic about the Frenchman

Archived