Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Via A Bola (portuguese newspaper):

LFC have agreed personal terms with Tiago Ilori (CB). #LFC have offered €4m but Sporting want €5m. A deal is expected this week.

A Bola also reporting LFC and Marseille have made offers of around €3.5m for Diego Capel.

Mignolet's 24 years old. It's possible he's bringing him in as a back up for Pepe, who will go some way to teaching him a few things about distribution, communication, organisation etc. Having someone as good as Mignolet as a proper understudy as opposed to some random 2nd rate keeper must be good for the team and the club. As 'alright' as Brad Jones is I don't think we should be relying upon him if Pepe gets injured or something.

I'm not sure why were not sticking with Pep.

He had a good solid end to the season and seemed to be looking like he was a few years back. Could be a massive gamble getting rid for Mignolet.

I think his 100k a week wages have a lot to do with it tbh.

Mignolet's 24 years old. It's possible he's bringing him in as a back up for Pepe, who will go some way to teaching him a few things about distribution, communication, organisation etc. Having someone as good as Mignolet as a proper understudy as opposed to some random 2nd rate keeper must be good for the team and the club. As 'alright' as Brad Jones is I don't think we should be relying upon him if Pepe gets injured or something.

Do you think Mignolet would be willing to give up a starting spot for a premier league club, where he is adored by the fans to be Pepe's backup?

Pepe's gone.

I don't know, but he might want the opportunity to improve as a keeper for a couple of years before getting the No1 spot at a club where he could be 'adored' just as much.

you think hed improve more sitting on the bench rather than playing first team, premiership football? :D

Well I don't know then, all I'm saying is it would be good for us to have a (very) good back up for Pepe instead of the level of reserves we have now. Would be a shame to see Pepe leave, as someone else said he had a very solid 2nd half of last season for us, there's plenty left in him yet.

It'd be great to have two really decent keepers at any club, but the problem is that the better they are, they more they expect to play. It's for that reason that there's bugger all chance that Mignolet is coming to Anfield as a backup goalie, which means that Reina's moving on.

Mignolet is moving to help enhance his chances of getting a starting place in the WC. He won't be doing that on the bench, Pepe to Napoli?

Unless Courtois gets injured there's absolutely no way Mignolet starts in the World Cup, on the bench at his club or not. Although I agree, he's not going to be signed as a backup.

Unless Courtois gets injured there's absolutely no way Mignolet starts in the World Cup, on the bench at his club or not. Although I agree, he's not going to be signed as a backup.

Bit of a nonsense statement tbh. You have no idea how Courtois is going to perform from now until then. Even my statement is slighly wrong as it should have been ' try to help enhance ' as we don't know how Mignolet will do here but to completely rule him out is stupid.

ayre was supposed to have missed a trip to brazil to complete a signing this weekend believed to be mkhitaryan though its probably mignolet, hope its both. weve agreed terms with ilori but not a fee yet. a marque cb signing still needs to get sorted as papa deal has stalled from what ive heard. all just speculation until it happens though.

just pulled this from lfc site.

Category Johnson Enrique

Passing Accuracy (%) 14th 24th

Passing Accuracy opp. Half (%) 15th 24th

Duels won (%) 26th 28th

Aerial Duels Won (%) 8th 29th

Tackles Won (%) 11th 4th

Clearance Per Min. 22nd 30th

Interception Per Min. 19th 23rd

Shooting Accuracy (%) 24th 12th

Successful Crosses (%) 26th 29th

wonder what everyone thinks? sure most of them stats are ambiguous but the ones im interested in are duels won and tackles won. are they good enough to push us into the top 4? i have my reservations tbh.

Something I'd not even thought about, with Carra retiring we're in need of a new vice captain. There was a poll on the site which Agger won, who would you lot choose?

I'd pick Lucas :*)

May be that BR wants a keeper that will hit peak age the same time Sturridge/Coutinho/Borini/Henderson and assumedly whatever younger defenders he ends up bringing in

why though? he wont be here when they all peak, no matter how well he does.

think we're having a great summer signing players from relegated (and nearly relegated clubs) along with B team players. pleasing.

why though? he wont be here when they all peak, no matter how well he does.

think we're having a great summer signing players from relegated (and nearly relegated clubs) along with B team players. pleasing.

Why won't he?

because rodgers has been there a year and is now the 7th longest serving manager in the PL. football doesnt do longevity, and theres literally nothing to suggest rodgers will be here in 5-6 years when those players peak, and he wont be. nor will the players either, but thats by the by.

Nice that we're looking at a few central defenders. Not to mention more attacking players - hopefully seeing the end of Downing. Carroll could be off this week as well to West Ham.

Spoke to an Armenian girl I know on whatsapp, and asked to to pronounce Mkhitaryan. She pronounces it Mack-it-ta-ree-an. Say it fast, and make it flow, though.

ayre was supposed to have missed a trip to brazil to complete a signing this weekend believed to be mkhitaryan though its probably mignolet, hope its both. weve agreed terms with ilori but not a fee yet. a marque cb signing still needs to get sorted as papa deal has stalled from what ive heard. all just speculation until it happens though.

just pulled this from lfc site.

Category Johnson Enrique

Passing Accuracy (%) 14th 24th

Passing Accuracy opp. Half (%) 15th 24th

Duels won (%) 26th 28th

Aerial Duels Won (%) 8th 29th

Tackles Won (%) 11th 4th

Clearance Per Min. 22nd 30th

Interception Per Min. 19th 23rd

Shooting Accuracy (%) 24th 12th

Successful Crosses (%) 26th 29th

wonder what everyone thinks? sure most of them stats are ambiguous but the ones im interested in are duels won and tackles won. are they good enough to push us into the top 4? i have my reservations tbh.

Well do you think they are a better than Gibbs/Monreal and Sagna? Or BAE and Walker? I think that is the better way of looking at it. Using these stats without context is all a bit pointless.

Something I'd not even thought about, with Carra retiring we're in need of a new vice captain. There was a poll on the site which Agger won, who would you lot choose?

I'd pick Lucas :*)

Suarez. :D

Reina could be a contender (if he sticks around). Probably DAgger though.

Archived