Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Tell me more about your extensive knowledge of Segunda.

why do you need segunda knowledge to question the signing? its already been acknowledged hes got "potential", so he may develop in the future. that said, im not sure how i feel about *****ing E8M on a player who has played well in a division worse than the championship.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Dan is trying to get across to us all how edgy and rad he is for extensively watching an inferior league of football. Well done, Dan.

Actually not sure if you believe the crap you write, but the Segunda is FAR superior to the Championship.

Quite hilarious how much of an effort people are going to in attempt to rubbish signings. Is it the new meta?

The other thing that makes me laugh about some people is how they can't wait for people like Aspas to fail, but Mkhitaryan for 20M is a really good signing to get excited about. I can only assume that I'm one of the very few people on the Internet that isn't an expert on the Ukranian league, but to be honest I would have guessed that, apart from the top two or three, the standard isn't far off leagues like Segunda.

For what it's worth I've not said what I think of Luis Alberto, I just like the seemingly infinite capacity Liverpool fans have to make themselves look ridiculous.

well the obvious difference between mkhitaryan and aspas is the three seasons in the CL, 39 international caps and numerous goals and awards he had in his career thus far. its not difficult to see why people might label him as more of good signing than a man who played his part at a club that has just been relegated? so perhaps you should consider your own infinite wisdom once youve stepped down from your homemade pulpit.

well the obvious difference between mkhitaryan and aspas is the three seasons in the CL, 39 international caps and numerous goals and awards he had in his career thus far. its not difficult to see why people might label him as more of good signing than a man who played his part at a club that has just been relegated? so perhaps you should consider your own infinite wisdom once youve stepped down from your homemade pulpit.

You do know he was actually talking about Luis Alberto :rolleyes:

Dunno if it's just me but it's a proper struggle trying to talk to people who get well defensive straight away and can't even bother to get their facts right :D

Obviously playing for a team that plays the group stages of the Champions League and plays for Armenia is the sign of a potentially top player. Anyway, I'm done.

Actually not sure if you believe the crap you write, but the Segunda is FAR superior to the Championship.

Quite hilarious how much of an effort people are going to in attempt to rubbish signings. Is it the new meta?

Almost as much as the effort some people are going to to convince us they're the best players in the world. Wait and see, but will certainly be pleased if we sign Mkhitaryan.

Dunno if it's just me but it's a proper struggle trying to talk to people who get well defensive straight away and can't even bother to get their facts right :D

Obviously playing for a team that plays the group stages of the Champions League and plays for Armenia is the sign of a potentially top player. Anyway, I'm done.

its not just you. its infuriating trying to talk to people who waltz in with lines that we want signings to fail.

Has anyone seen much of Mkhitaryan? As he hasn't scored in the UCL despite his scoring credentials in the Ukrainian league.

If he does score as many in the EPL than could be a masterstroke signing as takes some pressure of the forward line knowing you have goals from midfield.

Edit: He has scored in UCL :)

Has anyone seen much of Mkhitaryan? As he hasn't scored in the UCL despite his scoring credentials in the Ukrainian league.

If he does score as many in the EPL than could be a masterstroke signing as takes some pressure of the forward line knowing you have goals from midfield.

Yeah, and he's a good player. Versatile and the type of character we're after.

But as for the rest, like i said on the previous page, even with players i like you have to wait until you see them in that red shirt before you can tell.

This article does a good job of outlining his strengths, but is almost dangerously optimistic. http://anfieldmole.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/henrikh-mkhitaryan-armenian-assassin-in.html

Fernandinho for £34million is being said to be slightly overpriced yet a supposedly great purchase but Henrikh who going by his awards has looked arguably more important for Shakhtar at around £20million isn't so likely to be such a good deal..? Top scorer from midfield is impressive whichever league.

Almost as much as the effort some people are going to to convince us they're the best players in the world.

Quite sure not a single person in the thread has done that with the people we've been linked with.

Wait and see, but will certainly be pleased if we sign Mkhitaryan.

And I'll bet 90% of Liverpool fans had never heard of the guy by name, Champions League or not, until a couple of weeks ago.

These last two pages are the reason this thread is best avoided. Bad enough that clownshoes post saying Rodgers would move on to better things or not be here in a few years. Jesus. :D

that was me, and ill stick by the fact that for one reason or another he wont be here in three years time.

not sure why people cant comment cos they might not have heard of him? the most anyone is said is that he sounds exciting. which he does, given his history, which is easily found around the internet. if this was the stone age and such information wasnt available then you may have a point, but its easy to find information on anyone and anything, and its not a big stretch to suggest that the mkhitaryan signing would be more exciting than luis alberto from barcelona b.

I've never seen McAteer II play but I think it still counts as an exciting signing. He'll probably be the biggest signing of our summer, so if we can't get excited about that then we may as well go into hibernation for 2 months.

Quite sure not a single person in the thread has done that with the people we've been linked with.
I was just talking about in general. Link i posted is a good example of what i meant.
And I'll bet 90% of Liverpool fans had never heard of the guy by name, Champions League or not, until a couple of weeks ago.
You're probably right, but i can only speak for myself and i'd be happy if we signed him.

I've never seen McAteer II play but I think it still counts as an exciting signing. He'll probably be the biggest signing of our summer, so if we can't get excited about that then we may as well go into hibernation for 2 months.
Aren't they going into administration?.... Or was that Hearts?

I saw the story about that the other day but i don't know who he is or anything.
i don't know much either i know he has scored 4 in 4 in the U21 finals. Hopefully Dan_Rm could fill us in if SSN & Insipudus have stopped being dicks & haven't scared him away.

I don't think saying "Let's not pretend he's some world beater just yet" as SSN said is an unreasonable thing to say.

We've had a Barca youth(s) before and they haven't reached the level.

Obviously some people know more than others about certain leagues, and people tend to defend the leagues they watch a lot of.

i don't know much either i know he has scored 4 in 4 in the U21 finals. Hopefully Dan_Rm could fill us in if SSN & Insipudus have stopped being dicks & haven't scared him away.

I thought I'd posted about him a while ago but I just looked and all I could find was me saying in 2011 that he should be playing for Real Madrid instead of them signing Falcao etc, haha.

Anyway, I've been really hot on Morata for years now. The thing I really like about him is that he's a proper number nine who only plays to score goals. Like, I think it's a mindset which is gradually fading away over time because more strikers want to drop deep to get involved etc (look at the difference in his movements and Rodrigo's in these Euro U21s, for example). Whereas with Morata every movement is to get into a goalscoring position or into space behind a defender. I've seen a few people compare him to Morientes, which I think is a bit of a disservice just because he's a great finisher and quite tall. He's pretty rapid and has a way of shrugging defenders off which reminds of Ibrahimovic sometimes, where he uses his body really well by standing in front of a defender and then kind of muscles him off and turns.

This goal's a pretty good example of what I mean, where most players would have tried to control it and slow down, but he lets it run and bullies that defender:

[video=youtube;0lZY4b-tgiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lZY4b-tgiU

Anyway, I hope he doesn't go to Liverpool personally, just because he's been playing regularly in a good league for a couple of years, and is ready to be the top striker somewhere now, and sitting on the bench most weeks would just hinder him.

I don't care where he watches it as it has no relevance.

He's the one having a go at anyone questioning Liverpool signing a Sevilla reserve (he is) for 8 million euros; when Barcelona refused to take up the first refusal clause with him. He could be good, he could be ****.

Which makes you wonder why they even loaned him in the first place.

Dear me, these were posted while I was just typing my previous post. Makes me wish I hadn't bothered now because what's the point trying to chat with anyone when people seem to think it's some kind of competition. I've seen more then anybody on this forum of just about every Spanish player over the last 5 or 6 years or so, so yeah, when it's relevant I do have a bit of authority on it.

For starters, you obviously have no idea at all of what being a "reserve" means in Spain, or why Sevilla loaned him out, or how he did for Barca, or why they're not signing him. I could take a few minutes and tell you the pretty straightforward answers to these questions but it's pointless when you're just gonna take it as some kind of insult?

I don't think saying "Let's not pretend he's some world beater just yet" as SSN said is an unreasonable thing to say.

We've had a Barca youth(s) before and they haven't reached the level.

Obviously some people know more than others about certain leagues, and people tend to defend the leagues they watch a lot of.

I've not really defended anyone or anything. I said that Segunda's a higher standard then the Championship, yeah, but apart from that I've not said anything about Luis Alberto, in this case.

Dear me, these were posted while I was just typing my previous post. Makes me wish I hadn't bothered now because what's the point trying to chat with anyone when people seem to think it's some kind of competition. I've seen more then anybody on this forum of just about every Spanish player over the last 5 or 6 years or so, so yeah, when it's relevant I do have a bit of authority on it.

Don't let the thread clown dictate what you contribute.

For starters, you obviously have no idea at all of what being a "reserve" means in Spain, or why Sevilla loaned him out, or how he did for Barca, or why they're not signing him. I could take a few minutes and tell you the pretty straightforward answers to these questions but it's pointless when you're just gonna take it as some kind of insult?

I've not really defended anyone or anything. I said that Segunda's a higher standard then the Championship, yeah, but apart from that I've not said anything about Luis Alberto, in this case.

Don't lie.You got all pissy when I called Alberto a reserve; which he is.

Did you or didn't you? You called me a buffoon for simply questioning a player who is a reserve and we're planning on spending upwards of 8m euro on. You then went on to get even more pissy when I later went on to state that the segunda isn't up to much to judge a player completely, so lets not call Alberto a world beater just yet. Then, with some ultra defensive tactic about segunda, you compared Mkhitaryan and Aspas (why) claiming the leagues are pretty similar; disregarding that Mkhitaryan has played in a Champions league team which defeated Chelsea and qualified from the group.

To be honest, mate, I don't think I'm going to take your opinion on a player as gospel for some reason. And yes, I will mock you for claiming to be the know it all of segunda.

Archived