Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Luis Alberto, who we are being linked with as our next possible signing.

Currently at Sevilla but was on loan at Barcelona B last season and looks like he did well there judging by the above video. Apparently Barca had an option to buy but it doesn't look like they are taking that option up which leaves the path free for us to step in. Looks a good talent and would be a massive upgrade on Shelvey - cost reported to be between £4 mill and £7mill.

toure, aspas, papadopoulos, pearce, ilori, micktaryan, mignolet, alberto, alderweireld, montoya...

so much for the one or 2 quality additions.

obviously we're not gonna get 5 CB's. my money's on alderweireld but prefer papa. pls not pearce and no one else though :(. get miktaryan and get shelvey out on loan for a season to one of the promoted sides. (wasnt he originally at palace?) keep allen and hope he comes good, if not get rid but defo keep hendo, lucas and gerrard as our mainstay mid with micky^, doesnt look too bad on paper.

out with downing, suso, skrtel, coates, shelvey for good or on loan.

wouldnt mind seeing us get montoya (if he's any good) as johnsons form has gone downhill scarily fast and needs the competition at least as the whole defence needs a massive shake up obv.

First I've heard a link to Montoya, where did you hear that? He's fantastic, would be a quality buy but never going to happen.

This is Luis Alberto, who we are being linked with as our next possible signing.

Currently at Sevilla but was on loan at Barcelona B last season and looks like he did well there judging by the above video. Apparently Barca had an option to buy but it doesn't look like they are taking that option up which leaves the path free for us to step in. Looks a good talent and would be a massive upgrade on Shelvey - cost reported to be between £4 mill and £7mill.

To be fair these video's dont mean jack.. i remember watching video's of Babel and what did he do? Video's of Borini beeing a prolific goal scorer in italy but he can't hit a barn door from 2 yards ;).... I think this kind of player fits well with what the owners wanted, they will sign players that will have good resale value in the future..

Sunderland press reporting you're about to agree a £10m fee for Mignolet with us. There may be some of you that find that price excessive but I think you'd be hard-pushed to find a better keeper for cheaper. He will be your number 1 for 10 years and when he retires you will have an awesome testimonial for him as he will be a Liverpool legend. Trust me.

Both luis Alberto and that henrikh fella look pretty tasty, as does the entire barca b team...

A front three of aspas alberto and henrikh could be great, provided we sell Suarez.

Mkhitaryan is fantastic. Bit surprised he is considering Liverpool, as he could walk into almost any side, and with all due respect its a somewhat sideways move considering he plays CL football and said he wanted to play for the best teams in the world. But Liverpool absolutely right to be chasing him, worst thing that can happen is that he says no, and that hasn't happened yet.

But where is Reina going because if anything Barca will have buy him next season, not this one. Maybe Milan may chip in this summer. Big competition for places though next season. Henrik Mkhitaryan is a brilliant buy if the move goes through. Scores bagful for a player who is not a striker. Almost like a Michu type but a bit better probably. So if Suarez stays how are Liverpool going to line up next season and if not vice versa?

Do you pronounce is Mit-ar-yan (or similar)?

This transfer window is shaping up to be something epic at the moment. Imagine doing all this business and not selling any 1st teamers. That would be a thing of beauty.

seriously, like ive said in the past, talking in the press about leaving your club should automatically forfeit and loyalty bonuses and be treated as a transfer request.

we all know thats the only reason players dont put in transfer requests when clearly they want to go.

Luis Suarez has urged Liverpool to heed his wishes as he continues to be linked with a summer departure from Anfield.

Via Skysports.

IF thats true from Suarez he should just stick a transfer request in.

seriously, like ive said in the past, talking in the press about leaving your club should automatically forfeit and loyalty bonuses and be treated as a transfer request.

we all know thats the only reason players dont put in transfer requests when clearly they want to go.

I agree with you on this tbh, seems a bit **** that players can demand loyalty bonuses when theyve been anything but, iirc, when Pierre van Hooijdonk went on strike at Forest, after he was sold, he sued us to get his loyalty bonus paid up! I dont know what came of that but it really does defy belief sometimes

He'll be sold. Just getting business done first so we don't get screwed on transfer prices.

I think you are right.

And when does go, the money will be either banked or used for a marque signing.

I think you are right.

And when does go, the money will be either banked or used for a marque signing.

Only reason little is happening currently with his potential move (imo) is because Real Madrid do not have a manager yet and that is holding up all their transfer business.

Sky Sports ticker tape,

" Sky sources : Liverpool in talks to sign Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet "

How much did he contribute to keeping Sunderland in the Prem last season?

I know he was voted their player of the year but i am always wary about any goalkeeper being any teams player of the year.

Sky Sports ticker tape,

" Sky sources : Liverpool in talks to sign Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet "

How much did he contribute to keeping Sunderland in the Prem last season?

I know he was voted their player of the year but i am always wary about any goalkeeper being any teams player of the year.

If it wasn't for him they would have gone down, I'm sure of it.

He is a cracking goalkeeper who is improving game in game out.

When people say "superb keeper" do they mean "makes a lot of saves that look great on a highlight reel"?

Or is he good at organising and communicating to his defence? Have excellent distribution? Kicks well with both feet? Calm under pressure.

All of that a bit more relevant than the odd worldie save that's common on a highlight reel of a keeper at the wrong end of the table.

Archived