Adam Gemili (Fastest person in UK)

ramie

I just saw a news report on this guy he is the fastest person in the UK this year. Ran 100m in 10.08, he is going to the junior Olympics and is considering going to the trails for the real one. He is has had rave reviews from Mr Bolt himself. Not sure if he is any good in the game but here is a screeny

2zqctva.png

No Walcott is not faster than 10.08, not a chance. This just highlights the fact that FM ratings are biased toward upper league teams in terms of physicals. He should be 20 for acceleration, having seem a couple of his starts.

What if he doesn't move as quick on field as he does on a racetrack? The whole point of sprinting (sport) is to get to top speed ASAP while soccer you don't need to be running at top speed all the time. He may not bother running at top speed on a field either.

Walcott's probably faster but never times himself, Gemili's got an official time so therefore officially Gemili's the fastest, even though he may not be, if you get what I'm saying!

Hahahah You must be joking right?

10.08 would the fastest time by a uk athlete this year... And at 18 should deffo be going Olympics has he given up football to concentrate on sprinting?

But about the stats being wrong these are a year old and Is it unrealistic a 17 year old could improve from 16 to 20 in a year not at all. But also being fast on the track is not the same as being fast on the pitch on a track. U have a squat start while on pitch u have ball at ur feet and are not usually from a standing start

• 3 weeks later...

Also embarrassing that they've put his strength at 1. Sprinters are generally strong as hell, and this kid is no different. FM really need to improve their research standards, because glaring mistakes like this shouldn't be accepted. I remember not that long ago, Scott McDonald had 16/16 for pace and acceleration, and I'll be damned if an Olympic Sprinter ain't fast than a fat Aussie bloke.

• SI Staff

The data is probably slightly old, so it's unfair to critisize.

It may be that his strength is an empty attribute, in which case the AI fills in the stat. Interesting to see how he will pan out for FM13 though :)

Well I just looked (When I found out his personal best) and it seems that he still is on the books at Dagenham and Redbridge, so who knows, he might not even be on FM13

• SI Staff
He can't have 20/20 acc/pace and other higher attributes as his CA is limited by guidelines for his league level AND that physical attributes use a lot of CA points.

If he's the fastest player in the world then he should get 20 acc/pace.

It's fairly safe to assume he's quite rubbish in other aspects, so he won't have a high CA after all (although the 20/20 will give him a nice boost)

If he's the fastest player in the world then he should get 20 acc/pace.

It's fairly safe to assume he's quite rubbish in other aspects, so he won't have a high CA after all (although the 20/20 will give him a nice boost)

I agree, but someone above me said he should be a physical beast, with high strength as 'sprinters are strong as hell', to which I replied with what I did. To have 20/20 Acc/Pace and high strength/other physicals he would need a rather high (for that level) CA.

Im a a sports scientist and i can tell you that if he is that fast on the track he will transfer that speed onto the pitch. His acceleration patterns in the drive phase would match his acceleration patterns on the on pitch and he may hit top speed slightly later but not much. Accelaration 19 and speed 19 would be about right... He isnt a 20 because surely that would make him a Usain Bolt ;) Which he could be eventually :p

he is over 0.5 seconds quciker than walcott, he obviously deserves 20/20!! and his natural fitness must be pretty good, he would qualify for the olympics if he reproduces that time for sure. as for strength, obviously better than a 1... but he may easily be knocked over cos hes running so damn fast, hence lower strength..

I ran 12.0 secs when I was 13/14, I really regret not joining a club and placing a real focus upon sprinting :( .

BULLS#%& i have a friend who is 18, races for the southeast and ran 11.0, just asked him and he said he was doing around 13 flat aged 13/14, when racing for south england, no chance you ran 12 flat you would have been snapped up by every athletic club in the country

As a sprinter I can say you can build up SO much more speed on track than field. On track the ground is a lot more suitable, you have the spikes (which practically feel like socks), the crouch start, the running technique + a lot more ground to build up speed.

In football the grass slows you down, football boots which weigh more than sprinting spikes (varies depending on the boot of course) and depending on your position is done over a much shorter distance, around 50m if you're a striker/winger. The first 30m are generally building up speed anyway so thats only 10-20m of flat out speed.

Just my 2 pence though.

BULLS#%& i have a friend who is 18, races for the southeast and ran 11.0, just asked him and he said he was doing around 13 flat aged 13/14, when racing for south england, no chance you ran 12 flat you would have been snapped up by every athletic club in the country

nope.. not at all.. you'd be surprised how many can run great times at that age, it's not uncommon tbh... i used to run just under 13.0sec aged 14 .. didn't hear a sniff of any interest... in fact, i went the opposite route to Gemili here, i took up football with wrexham fc :D

nope.. not at all.. you'd be surprised how many can run great times at that age, it's not uncommon tbh... i used to run just under 13.0sec aged 14 .. didn't hear a sniff of any interest... in fact, i went the opposite route to Gemili here, i took up football with wrexham fc :D

i will believe 13! but 12, a second in sprinting is a long long way :p especially aged 14, guarentee there'd be interest if any 14 year old can run it that fast.

As a sprinter I can say you can build up SO much more speed on track than field. On track the ground is a lot more suitable, you have the spikes (which practically feel like socks), the crouch start, the running technique + a lot more ground to build up speed.

In football the grass slows you down, football boots which weigh more than sprinting spikes (varies depending on the boot of course) and depending on your position is done over a much shorter distance, around 50m if you're a striker/winger. The first 30m are generally building up speed anyway so thats only 10-20m of flat out speed.

Just my 2 pence though.

I was under the impression that the whole football pitch was grass? Or is some track now? I agree he may not becas fast, same with everyone, this wouldn't change his stats.

I was under the impression that the whole football pitch was grass? Or is some track now?

Is this a failed 'funny comment'... cause I literally have no idea what you are on about?

He doesn't say anything about a pitch not being grass?

It made me chuckle.

Anyway i don't find it unbelievable someone ran a 12 flat at 14, people develop differently, if he carried on he may still have only been able to improve to 11, who knows? My best was 13.2 when i was 14, never got timed again, however i doubt id be much quicker!

I do have a friend i player american football with who used to be a sprinter, his best was a 10.9, when i go against him i like to give myself a 10 yard headstart so i dont have to run too far with him! Id be amazed if Walcott could actually run 10.6, and surely Gemilli would be the fastest footballer, therefore justifying a 20/20 (just all his other starts would have to be 8's)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived