What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What id really like Is a way of migrating old custom databases over into the new versions database format. I have an old FM07 premiership greats database it would be great if instead of having to create a new one in FM14's editor I could run a program and have a new FM14 database created with all those players from my FM07 Db.

A one game or next fixture save.

We often see threads about a tough to beat opponent or a particular problem with a particular match, and it's difficult to diagnose exactly what is happening or to test theories about what might help. A pkm is good, but doesn't tell you everything and doesn't let you play the match. An entire save game is often too big to be practically uploaded. So a one game save would just save enough information to load the player's next fixture in the match engine and allow you to essentially play the next fixture with all tactical options available. All you'd need would be, I think, stats for the two squads, current tactics, opposition manager information, and maybe a few other bits and bobs. The file would weigh in under a megabyte. This would also help the tactical gurus use example matches to make a point.

Never see defenders use their body to protect ball out of pitch, which is very common in real life.

SI has many things to do on players' collision(protect ball / block foul)

Another thing is can SI make differences to injured players except green cross, for example, add bandages or protective masks

I wish they'd sort the Italian League's reserve system out...

Been like this for about 10 years and its pretty unforgivable really. Just need to essentially abolished reserve teams, and merge with the U20s. So you can set players to be available for the reserves until match fit etc.

Really annoying having to manually put people in the U20 squad if you want them to play..

It's probably been said already, but I would like to see the NextGen series brought into the foreground a bit more in future versions. The games are reported on as news items, but unless you're looking out for them, they can easily fly by. My Partick Thistle U19 side just won the series, beating their Man City counterparts in the final, and all you get is one of the standard U19 result mails saying who played. There needs to be more to it than that - I don't know too much about the series, but I imagine the manager of the senior team may be a little more interested in the game than just getting a bland update. Why not ask if the manager wants to attend? Have a bit of build up around the game.

ONLINE LADDER for BEST players around the world. Ranking will be based on hall of fame points.

Ladders can be categorized for restrictions to : 1) signing fee 2) wage limit 3) signing age limit. 4) nationality limit

Obviously each category will have its own ranking list and a players who starts a ladder game with multiple restrictions, his hall of fame points will be applicable to all selected restrictions

A must condition for a ladder match would be if a match is started it cannot be replayed by quitting game. means if power gone or game crashed or user quits game in between match it will be counted as a lost match.

I hope ranking will attract a good attention for old players who consider themselves as "PROS" to be on top of the ladder

- Foreground text linked to shirt number colour. That means reduced chances of unreadable colour combinations.

- Option at the game setup to disallow any purchase and sale during the first transfer window, not just transfer budget set to 0.

- If a player is in last year of contract and he is refusing offers, then one puts him out for sale and he comes saying he wants to stay. The option of telling him "either you accept lower wages than you ask for or I'll sell you". I know waiting would have the effect of taking down his wage demands, but then it'd be too late to sell him.

- In every screen or piece where the attributes are shown, have an option to not see them and see instead the scout/coach report or the season stats, for example. So one can try the "work by reports and stats and what I can guess to be the attributes from watching games" style (at least those that one has to see, i.e., I can not go to that tab when looking a player by calling the context menu, but if a news item includes it as it was shown in a preview video of FM14 I would be constantly needing to try not see or ignore what I saw, which is not very good).

- Quick search filters, those buttons above that say "Goalkeepers, defenders, ... transfer listed etc" asking when clicked, if there's search criteria already active if replaces or adds.

You need

- Younger players when game starting. You need to scout the biggest clubs what the players are in the U17 teams. This will make the game more "floaty". A longer flow in the game. When you are playing today the rush and the flow goes away to early. Most players are retired after 10-13 years.

- And develop the classic mode with:

-That you can save your history if you get fired from a club with your first character. Then when you get your second character you can add the previous history to the new one. So you can create a new manager and take over the club you just got fired from again. It adds "levels" to the game, if you understand what Im talking about.

I hope someday si will give us the opportunity to choose the languages we speak. As a portuguese man fm gives portuguese and spanish as spoken languages. Problem is, i speak portuguese, english and french and no spanish at all. It bores me having to answer at the first press conference if the language will be an issue if i coach a club in england or france for example. It would be nice to have the option to choose.

And it would be cool if with the money we get we could sign up for learning a languague like mourinho and guardiola did.

I hope someday si will give us the opportunity to choose the languages we speak. As a portuguese man fm gives portuguese and spanish as spoken languages. Problem is, i speak portuguese, english and french and no spanish at all. It bores me having to answer at the first press conference if the language will be an issue if i coach a club in england or france for example. It would be nice to have the option to choose.

Yeah, I have requested this too several times.

In future FM versions, place optional dialogs during the match as an improved assistant's feedback, stadiums unpacking at the end of the match and media active chairmen in transfers,results etc

With a realtime editor this is easy enough, innit? Changing your individual manager's languages.

And it would be cool if with the money we get we could sign up for learning a languague like mourinho and guardiola did.

The costs of that are too negligible to warrant implementing as a gameplay factor, and Guardiola for example has dramatically improved his German the last few weeks by actually managing here as opposed to learning the language far away.

I just want the transfer window to be alot more realistic in means of bids for and especially bids received, I've said this many a times, its just not realistic at all, nowt happens season after season in the windows even if you have a team full of superstars...not one AI team will make a bid ..unless..you offer them out and all you get is low advisory bits!

Plz sort this out SI it will make the game so much enjoyable!

how come that in editor we cant add region or see nation population (or change it)? don't see how this changes game much but can help us if we want to make lower leagues in some smaller countries or add real population if it is wrong.

next one is how come that we don't have more options when adding leagues (apertura, clausura and then championship playoff)?

and last one. in history league we can see 1st 2nd and 3rd placed teams usually (if championship isn't other way so we see only champs and/or second placed team). could SI put near that list of champions by number so we can see that e.g. in serie a juventus has 29 champs and 21 runners-up, milan 18-17, inter 18-13.... so that we don't have to count every one we are interested to see how manny time won championship or cup...

thanks in advance

How about something I'd like not to see in future versions? Just get rid of the tones, they serve absolutely no purpose and are a big waste of time.

I'd like to see an option to disable press conferences, or reduce them for the most important matches of the season only. It doesn't matter the changes, the new questions and the so called "improvements" on interactions. Press conferences literally annoy me. What I'd really love to see is just an option to think/unthick: "On - Rare - Off". For me it would be "Off" until Ragnarok.

What i'd like to see is that you can SWITCH OFF the weather 'enhancements' like sunny, misty and frozen pitch, a nice GREEN pitch is best to follow the ball (and a white ball ALL the time is best also)

Many players of Football manager have reached 50 or older and start having trouble with eye sight, especially on a small monitor screen.

Think of this please, it is getting very annoying watching a 3d game when you can't see the ball for most of the time.

So please give us the opportunity to be able to choose what kind of pitch we want.

I'd really like to see an export button that will export an image of each player in your squad. Possibly have the option to filter it so that it only does players on a certain squad (1st, Reserve, U18, B, U23, etc)

Ideally, the image would have all the attributes, statistics from the current season (broken out by competition), height, weight, wage, value, national team caps and goals. ANd for easy finding, would be titled with the Players Name and in-game date. This would certainly help those of us who like sharing stories about our save.

Was just going to repost that ;)

It would be good as it would always be a risk going to the press, like if you're trying to renew a contract and a player who's on £20k p/w suddenly wants £50-60k p/w you can say "noone's bigger than the club etc" like Fergie did with Rooney, but only made the situation worse.

Same as if you're selling a key player, can say its due to his contract etc, as happens in real life, being able to justify your decisions rather than having angry supporters on your back.

Would also work with being able to properly confirm / deny rumours as they appear on the rumours page, rather than being grilled in a press conference about one particular one

To be able to keep National Team job when accepting Club Team managerial job.

So far, you can accept National Team job offers while being a Club Team manager and keep both jobs. However, the other way around should work also.

In FM 13 Editor, If you were to create a local cup that gets you to qualify for Euro cup,you would not be able to set TV dates for them, Those games would go without TV coverage, I really hope you added that TV option for cups.

Some option to see all goals scored by a player in a particular year.....all assists made by a particular player etc........that would definitely be a lot fun to watch how well some of your players played throughout the season

Why not take it further and have the option to see all failed shots, misplaced passes, etc. so you can determine a players weakness and try to make them better through the PPMs. For example, if one of your strikers is poor on one-on-ones, you can get him to train in taking it round the keeper (if high pace, acceleration, dribbling) or lobbing the keeper (if high finishing, flair).

It would definitely help enhance gameplay as you'd actually be able to analyse a player's performance more easily through the 3D match engine. Yes, it would be very time consuming, but it would add to the realism!

Why not take it further and have the option to see all failed shots, misplaced passes, etc. so you can determine a players weakness and try to make them better through the PPMs. For example, if one of your strikers is poor on one-on-ones, you can get him to train in taking it round the keeper (if high pace, acceleration, dribbling) or lobbing the keeper (if high finishing, flair).

It would definitely help enhance gameplay as you'd actually be able to analyse a player's performance more easily through the 3D match engine. Yes, it would be very time consuming, but it would add to the realism!

very well said and thought....:thup:

What about the option to offer the chance to relocate to an under-18 South American kid, a la Messi.

After all there's plenty of underage non-EU kids in academies and youth clubs around Europe.

Also, an "look for EU passport" option for South American/African players would be nice, as plenty of players manage to get (even in shady ways) such papers to override work permits and non-EU players quota.

What would you have in mind?

More hairs, more unique features to faces, and maybe a bit of shoulders showing. it would help alot, I feel.

They look so much alike right now (except for skin colour, hair and some lip details). Dont you agree?

How about negotiating with clubs in their native currency and having either live real time or fixed exchange rates. This would give deals more financial complexity which would mimic real life transfers. For example a few years back, Djibril Cisse was loaned to Sunderland from Marseille with the option of a permanent transfer with the price negotiated in euros. Then the pound weakened against the euro and at the end of the season if they chose to make it permanent it would have cost two to three million pounds more than when the deal was first agreed due to the currency fluctuation.

-training ratings with scale like match ratings and the option to tell players that they don't play because of training performance

I would like to see more made of training. IRL what happens in training throughout the week has a massive baring on the team that a manager picks but it doesn't really mean anything on FM.

I don't know if this/anything similar has been suggested but extra control of the academy beyond funding would be really cool, particularly in terms of shaping the type of player you want graduating as regens and managing a club long term.

You could control the recruitment pool, either looking towards local lads who are more loyal to the club and better liked by the fans or towards poaching the very best teenage players from across the globe albeit with more mercenary tendencies/homesickness as a factor. As well you could define the type of player you are interested in, ie do you want the very best athletes or look towards the more technically gifted.

Obviously this would all be moderated by the board request feature/something similar with more established/youth-oriented managers being given more say in how this is run. As well, 'scout reports' indicating the state of the academy/consequences of your on going actions, showing any trends being established by your actions ie promotion to the premier league has increased the number of recruits or the lack of first team football for regen X has caused one of our brighter prospects to transfer to a rival academy.

Thanks for reading!

I am in a network group of 6-8 managers and we holiday between games to get a season done in 1 week/5 sessions and bid only during windows. It might be a nice idea if for network mode you could make it possible to only bid during the windows and have a pre-set holiday between games option. Then deliver all mail in 1 stop directly before games, instead of multiple feeds throughout the week. More network options like this would help the host control the speed of the game.

-I would also like see a tick box at start up showing if the game has been edited in real time, just as you have the edited database box.

-It also appears that whoever applies for a job first gets it...if this is correct and I believe it is, it needs altering.

-More clubs going into administration instead of getting bail outs at the end of the season would also make finance more important.

-Random regen dates

-and if you are running out of ideas...bring FML back as a single player game like classic mode...a fantasy football style game!!!

Return from holiday checkbox available when going on holiday but not activating the application for jobs. I may want to holiday through a spell of no matches and no transfer window and not actively apply to anything; but I want to be notified instantly of any offer that can come my way.

Possibility to ask Director of Football to renew the contract of specific players, and to not renew others.

I like to leave somethings on his hands but it seems that many times the DoF will wait too much to offer contract , or will spent precious budget with some releasable players before extending the most important. I think its pretty usual for managers talk to DoFs on whom they expect to have on the next season.

Would like the ability to offer a wage raise in the future, so the board will allow the offer taking account the wage budget will be available as other players are set for release

In future versions I want to see an end of this trend toward "psychological realism". I want to play a game, not some attempt at coding psychology. I'm sick of the game being about managing complacency and morale. I don't mind if they have an affect but it's starting to feel like it's become by far the most important determinant of results. I would not shed a tear at all if team talks and pre-game speeches were taken out entirely.

In some respects I like how the mental attributes matter, the tutoring of players to raise professionalism and determination and having that play a role in the results is a great feature. But it seems like even if you have a squad of professionals with determination over 15 it still doesn't matter all that much if certain scenarios arise, the most common being winning streaks or facing inferior opposition.

For example:

I'm Man United playing away against Hull in the second leg of a cup semi-final. We're on a massive unbeaten streak in all competitions. I played the game 4 times and watched most of each game. We lost all of them by 1 goal. Obviously we had better players, the reason we lost is because the ME decided to nerf the abilities (and hearts) of all my players and give all of Hull a boost. To the point where my players are guaranteed to make crucial mistakes that cost goals, refuse to go claim a ball that is right in front of them (I had Kagawa run a way from a loose ball that would have given him a breakaway, he literally ran away from it so the defender could reach it first.) So many times players would do the equivalent of this, slowing down to let the opposition get the ball first despite having a clear headstart. It was literally a theme throughout each and every game. Also, during every one of Hull's goals there was a whole sequence of 3-4 plays where players should have made the challenge, pass, clearance, interception or whatever and just didn't make the play. It would be the kind of play that they were capable of making and had been making all season long, Vidic missing tackles against a no-name striker to give him a chance, that of course he rockets past De Gea from 30 yards despite having 11 finishing and 8 long shots....

Or Carrick missing interceptions he could make in his sleep otherwise, Rooney sleepwalking through the game, Van Persie getting the ball and standing there waiting to be tackled...and on and on.

Fine, you will tell me it's "realistic" that this is how teams get complacent and the opposition gets jacked up because they're at home and so on. And fine, I agree there must be something like this, or it won't be fun (sarcasm) but what I'm not happy with is both the degree (which seems to get more pronounced with each new release) and the way it gets implemented in the ME with players running away from the ball or conversely getting temporary superhuman abilities.

But the thing I hate the most is how it all seems so formulaic. It's like you get punished for winning games, because a winning streak = complacency. And every time you play a small team you will under-perform. I know it happens, but not every time. Human beings are too complicated to say if condition x occurs then player will respond with y. Reality isn't that tidy and in my opinion you should stop trying to code psychology. This is a game, and all this psuedo-pychological manipulation that is becoming a major part of the gameplay is for me, just taking away from the parts that are actually fun, like scouting players, buying players and watching them perform according to their abilities and your tactics, and not according to psycho-babble and coded scenarios.

I mean when I played ball I never took a minute off, never became complacent, never underestimated anybody, it wasn't the way I was built, when I got on the field I gave it everything. And I was never being paid, these guys are pros. Are there players who do buckle under pressure or take games off, yes. Are there times when players play above themselves? Yes. But when you see the likes of Vidic, Carrick, Rooney and Van Persie sleepwalking through a cup semi-final because it happens to be against a small club on the road (and because apparently I didn't find the magic psychological button to push pre-game, I told them I expect a performance, what else am I supposed to say?) or you see a mediocre player pulling off a 30 yard rocket with regularity (like there's an attempt to code-in those "special" moments where something like this happens, forgetting that they are really freaking rare and shouldn't occur 4 games out of 4), then something is unbalanced in the approach. It needs to be toned down please, and in my opinion when it does manifest, make it massively dependent on the determination and professionalism of the player, and only slightly on the talks, thanks for listening.

I TOTALLY agree with this. Morale is overwhelming the whole game. Winning 7 games in a row with Arsenal, drawing away against Man U and i couldn't win for 14 games in a row, 1 season i even got RELEGATED coz of the bad morale of my team!!!!! Getting really ridiculous.

Example : playing Barcelona atm : 14 games played : 12 won, 1 draw and 1 loss

Playing against Osasuna (8th) at home in 15th game and after 30 mins i lose with 0-4 using same team, same tactics.

Come on guys (devs). Keep it a bit realistic please, there's no way this can happen IRL. You want as much realism as possible with adding sun, rain, snow, yellow ball (which all is detoriating the visability of the 3d game) and on the other hand realism in the match game is getting worse and worse, especially when morale is overwhelming the whole game.

Look into this please for future updates.

I love the game, bought every one since it first came out, but more and more often now i'm not bothered playing it anymore for days and weeks.

ps : Barca lost 1-4 with Messi and Neymar missing 7 open chances together!!!!

Hey, i just registered to suggest 2 things.

1) In the start of the season when your assistant manager suggests preferred tactics instead of just clicking one of the options have a visual presentation of the suggested tactics.

2) When selling a player a club is interested but doesnt make a bid. Have the option to talk to the club thats interested asking them what they would pay at most. That way you'll know if you should continue to sell of cancel the transfer.

Hopefully someone reads these because i think they are quite good additions.

When moving a player to the reserve squad, wait to hit continue to trigger the reaction to that. It's been a couple times already I do some moves from first to reserve not because I want the player in reserve but for sake of organizing the squad for sorting out contracts, training, screenshots and other stuff and immediately I get the message of unhappines for being placed in reserve team when I was not actually placing the player there.

Archived