Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/12/2022 at 06:43, eXistenZ said:

What determines whether a player manages to learn a trait or fails at it? Is it just ability? distribution of attributes? quality of trainers?

Of the around 8 times i tried to learn a trait, if failed 6 times

Some traits are specific to the position eg. Play killer balls, this is something BPDs can learn unless they are playing in DM positions. And the player needs the correct distribution of attributes.

When a player can/can’t learn traits it’s cos his attributes may oR may not be enough.

6 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Some traits are specific to the position eg. Play killer balls, this is something BPDs can learn unless they are playing in DM positions. And the player needs the correct distribution of attributes.

When a player can/can’t learn traits it’s cos his attributes may oR may not be enough.

I find the game doesnt convey this information clearly, and as such it feels like a cointoss.

Take for example this player. he just failed to learn one-two's. yet i'd argue his technique, vision, flair and first touch are quite good for the level we are at.

love the livestreams btw

20221213125302_1.jpg

2 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

I find the game doesnt convey this information clearly, and as such it feels like a cointoss.

Take for example this player. he just failed to learn one-two's. yet i'd argue his technique, vision, flair and first touch are quite good for the level we are at.

love the livestreams btw

20221213125302_1.jpg

What was the feedback of the assistant coach at the start of his ppm training?

Hi, I'd like to know what aspect in tactic u need to tweak first if u want to be more solid defensively in big away games? I mean is it the mentality? Is it tweaking things in tactic, out of poss, in poss, in transition or is it the roles of players? 

Im sure more factors are important like how do i play ofc. but what is the first thing u need to get ur attention to in this case? I mean i do rly fine in home games, but in big games away its suddenly bad. 

2 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

Hi, I'd like to know what aspect in tactic u need to tweak first if u want to be more solid defensively in big away games? I mean is it the mentality? Is it tweaking things in tactic, out of poss, in poss, in transition or is it the roles of players? 

Im sure more factors are important like how do i play ofc. but what is the first thing u need to get ur attention to in this case? I mean i do rly fine in home games, but in big games away its suddenly bad. 

Formation, Roles & Duties, as well as Mentality and individual Instructions do always go hand in hand. It can be devastating to just make a few defensive adjustments to your instructions, if your formation and roles are still very aggressive. Just keep that in mind.
Try to make slight adjustments, maybe lower 1-2 Player duties, drop DL by one noth or decrase pressing triggers and transitional instructions.

46 minutes ago, tropicsafc said:

Both of my full backs are apparently best suited to the roles of full back (A) and wing back (D). How similar are these roles?

Not even close FBa is trying to attack space while WBd is trying to protect space

"And Endrick strays in to an offside position" - I'm seeing too much of this for my liking. I'm not soo sure why, is it elite Premier League defences catchign me out, is it the mentality of my Attacking forwards on Positive Team mentality or is it just poor Off the Ball from my strikers? 

23 hours ago, JPKD said:

"And Endrick strays in to an offside position" - I'm seeing too much of this for my liking. I'm not soo sure why, is it elite Premier League defences catchign me out, is it the mentality of my Attacking forwards on Positive Team mentality or is it just poor Off the Ball from my strikers? 

Take at look at his mentals, Anticipation, Concentration etc

How do you set up your tactic to get your wing backs to score goals or get in attacking position? What are the keys aspects to take in consideration? I want to use a 4-3-3. Should I aim to play through the middle with three narrow midfielders using the centre off the pitch? Or should I try to play with width using mezallas, thus creating overloads?

7 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Hi.

If you want a player in FB position to be aggressive but avoid crossing too much like and attacking duty does, how would you solve this? Using him as a WB(s) and teach him "get forward" trait for example?

I love the WB (S) role. If you want him to be aggressive without crossing as much you are correct. I notice now that WB (A) doesn't have cross more often either. I think this was changed in the latest update? They certainly had it before from what I remember.

48 minutos atrás, Gee_Simpson disse:

I love the WB (S) role. If you want him to be aggressive without crossing as much you are correct. I notice now that WB (A) doesn't have cross more often either. I think this was changed in the latest update? They certainly had it before from what I remember.

Thank you.

Oh maybe he doesn't have it, but I'm still playing FM21 version, and both FB(A) and WB(A) have cross more often.

Edited by mikcheck

I just noticed that you can add or remove reserve and youth team players to first team training through the unit section. What does this actually do that is different from simply promoting a youth player to the senior squad and making them available for u19 matches? 

Hi,

Do you guys care about position/role/duty familiarity? If so, I guess you train your players in the role you want them to play? How negative is to have an awkard familiarity there?

Because for example I have someone who plays as a CF(s) but I train him as a DLF(s) instead, because he's already too good at heading and I don't want him to waste attributes in long shots for example.

15 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Hi,

Do you guys care about position/role/duty familiarity? If so, I guess you train your players in the role you want them to play? How negative is to have an awkard familiarity there?

Because for example I have someone who plays as a CF(s) but I train him as a DLF(s) instead, because he's already too good at heading and I don't want him to waste attributes in long shots for example.

If you mean in the tactical familiarity bar, no I don't bother about it.

20 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Hi,

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

If you mean in the tactical familiarity bar, no I don't bother about it.

Neither do I

26 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Hi,

Its one piece of many. If you can afford to not play to your full potential, just dont bother. 

Is it possible to play a 442 without your assistant manager remind you every match that the gap between your midfield and attack is too big? I dont get it. Playing 2 wingers on attack, a b2b and bwm on support, along with an AF and DLF (s) up top. Annoying to be always told I'm doing something wrong

On 21/12/2022 at 19:09, ca14g44 said:

Is it possible to play a 442 without your assistant manager remind you every match that the gap between your midfield and attack is too big? I dont get it. Playing 2 wingers on attack, a b2b and bwm on support, along with an AF and DLF (s) up top. Annoying to be always told I'm doing something wrong

Figured this out, in case anyone else happens to have this issue. It was due to having roam from position set on the DLF

48 minutes ago, ca14g44 said:

Figured this out, in case anyone else happens to have this issue. It was due to having roam from position set on the DLF

That's surprising. I have this issue regardless of role/duty selection. So to prove to my idiot virtual assistant that his opinion is worthless I switched to 2 attack duty strikers and dropped my CMs into the DM strata. How dyou like that gap Andrea Maldera!?

in the day before a match, what training session (attached) am i using that can hurt a player?

this has been my setup ever since fm switched to this style of training, and it sometimes has resulted in injuries. so wanted to see if anyone could help.

for example, attached is one player who got a hernia lifting weights and another who blew out his cruciate ligaments sprinting.

looking to see if anyone can help me understand what it is about my prematch training (attached their descriptions too) that can cause such significant injuries.

because i'm struggling to see where weight lifting or sprinting injuries could come from.

training.png

hernia.png

ligament.png

match tactics.png

teamwork.png

Em 21/12/2022 em 17:35, CARRERA disse:

Its one piece of many. If you can afford to not play to your full potential, just dont bother. 

Sorry, I didn't quite get your words. You're saying that I should train them within the same role and it's important for that bar to be full? 

32 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Sorry, I didn't quite get your words. You're saying that I should train them within the same role and it's important for that bar to be full? 

I meant, that a maxed out P/R/D Familiarity is just one piece of many for you team to perform at their best level. 

If your team is good enough so you don’t care about them playing at their best level, then train whatever you want. If you are looking for maximum performance, you should train them by their assigned roles and duties

Does that make more sense?!

13 minutos atrás, CARRERA disse:

I meant, that a maxed out P/R/D Familiarity is just one piece of many for you team to perform at their best level. 

If your team is good enough so you don’t care about them playing at their best level, then train whatever you want. If you are looking for maximum performance, you should train them by their assigned roles and duties

Does that make more sense?!

Thank you. Yes I've understood it better now. Sorry, English it's not my native language and sometimes I miss a few things. 

Of course its always better to have full bars, but training attributes that I don't want them to train, either because I think they aren't necessary for my playing style or because they're already too good at them (or too weak that it's a waste to spend CA there), just to fit to the role they play its something that I admit I never did, because I didn't know, until recently, that the only way to get that full bar was to train the same role they play. 

Edited by mikcheck

6 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Thank you. Yes I've understood it better now. Sorry, English it's not my native language and sometimes I miss a few things. 

Of course its always better to have full bars, but training attributes that I don't want them to train, either because I think they aren't necessary for my playing style or because they're already too good at them (or too weak that it's a waste to spend CA there), just to fit to the role they play its something that I admit I never did, because I didn't know, until recently, that the only way to get that full bar was to train the same role they play. 

To clarify my earlier answer,  I aim to maximise all the other bars, but as you suggest,  the last one doesn't necessarily mean your team is better.

Not quite a question, but something I have observed and wanted to share: played a few matches with Counter mentality (and I'm assuming mentality has lower or higher risk), style of play tiki-taka, and my defenders just stood still with the ball (opponent players not pressing whatsoever) and then just hoof the ball to a forward or winger. Since there is no pressing by the opponent, and there short passing options, and I'm asking to take lower risk decisions would be expectable to move the ball around instead of just taking a long pass.

Isnt a pressing forward supposed to run a lot? Im halfway through my first season and i was flicking throught my data hub, and my PF had outlying low number of high intensity sprints and low distance covered. Yet he has decent work rate, aggression and stamina...

I've started a new save and all my players are very one-footed. They're all 16 years old, and the training facilities are minimal. Should I train some to use their weaker foot, or does that take too much away from their general and individual training? How long does it take and how much improvement can I expect to see anyway?

Thanks

On 01/01/2023 at 03:36, pedrosantos said:

Need help to understand the logic of the situation. With higher risk mentalities and TI to press more often, why do several positions have the hard coded PI to press less??? :confused:

The two parts to your sentence are unconnected. Hard-coded means regardless of mentalities and TIs. Some positions need space - playmakers, for example.

On 25/12/2022 at 06:57, Englishhammer said:

With Opposition Instructions, am I missing something simple or do I have to go into OI before EVERY match and click my pre-set positional preferences? Such a ball ache doing it every time.

Refreshing this question 

On 25/12/2022 at 06:57, Englishhammer said:

With Opposition Instructions, am I missing something simple or do I have to go into OI before EVERY match and click my pre-set positional preferences? Such a ball ache doing it every time.

According to this thread you have to set them every match

Heyy guys… how can i can make it possible? creators on support roles behind him? team instructions? or does training PPMs like “get forward possible”, “get into opposition box” make it possibe?

The reason why i made him on support duties is that i dont want him to move into the channels as i have two players that are doing it. I want him to pin the opposition’s defenders, be involved in build up and most importantly, press tenaciously.

i need help from the community 😞

On 03/01/2023 at 02:17, phnompenhandy said:

The two parts to your sentence are unconnected. Hard-coded means regardless of mentalities and TIs. Some positions need space - playmakers, for example.

Ok thank you, By hard-coded I meant the PI is set to press less and its not possible to press more or balanced. I can't find an explanation for this.

27 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Ok thank you, By hard-coded I meant the PI is set to press less and its not possible to press more or balanced. I can't find an explanation for this.

it's a visual glitch, the bar should be completely filled right?

Which tweaks should you do if you go from among favorites to be promoted (with a 4231 gegenpress)to one of the lowest rated teams the division above? The temptation is to go more defensive, but I feel thats just a way to invite more pressure and just completly stop any attakcing threat which you need to break on the counter

12 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Which tweaks should you do if you go from among favorites to be promoted (with a 4231 gegenpress)to one of the lowest rated teams the division above? The temptation is to go more defensive, but I feel thats just a way to invite more pressure and just completly stop any attakcing threat which you need to break on the counter

Improve the squad and crack on, then adjust as necessary