Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My ISP is limiting Steam download speed, is there a way to transfer demo from one PC to another PC?

Steam allows you to play any of your games on any computer: all you have to do is go to the other computer, log onto your Steam account, they will send you an email with a simple confirmation code to copy into Steam, do that and FM12 demo will download onto other PC.

• Administrators
I never play the demo as I think it spoils the anticipation for the real game...........but can you tell me is the editor with the demo and any new features with it

cheers

No there's no editor with the demo I'm afraid.

• Administrators
Have they removed the option, when viewing a player for transfer for example, to compare them to players in your squad?

Also why did they remove team report?

No the comparison's still in there, likewise the team report although laid out differently.

illogical? Hmm did you read my examples? It's not illogical that a 3 man defence spreads out so the goalkeeper can play them. It is however illogical that they all stand close together in front of the penalty area leaving the goalie with no options other than kicking it far away.

Maybe there are no current logical "wide play" options for central defenders, but hug touchline (when on the ball) is the closest possible, if you want them to spread out (make a "push wide" option - i don't care - hug touchline was an example with the options currently available).

You must admit it is also illogical to have the option "hug touchline" for ALL central players, and it has no effect what so ever. How come the option is even there, if not to be used?

Let's face it PaulC.. there is a limitation in the ME, when it comes to "breaking" the (invisible) vertical line between central players and left/right players. It's a flaw, and it has to be fixed ;P

Only the bold parts, I need to ask you about, does your keeper still kick long even when you set him up to Defender Collect

a few thoughts on the demo...probably already been said but anyway....

1 - Director Cam - absolutely wonderful and has actually made me watch more of the highlights than in fm11

2 - New layout - again, i'm impressed, just looks cleaner, although a little too bright at times!

3 - Players actually doing what i'm asking them to do - big improvement this year

4 - Team meetings - good improvement, feels like you're more of a manager - goes hand in hand with the new "tone"....i'm annoyed and i can show it more!!!

I actually cannot wait until i get my copy of the full game....

On all points, my thoughts exactly. :)

FM 2012 has been a very good improvement , especially the Contract lock feature and the pep talk feature which makes it much more fun and non-repetitve unlike than the previous " For the Fans !!" option .

I have not viewed the previous pages so please ignore if this is already mentioned . To check my Reserve and U18 Squads i have to click on the Main Squad and then select the Reserve Team . THE UI has acres of space left blank on the right hand side , which i think SI could place Reserve and U18 besides the Main Squad instead of clicking on the Main Squad and then selecting the Reserve/U18 .

Also another thing would be to about the Rigidness of "Morale" . i won 6 games on the trot with Manchester United yet after nearly 1 and a half months Rooney , Young , Nani and couple of others had "Fairly poor" morale for reasons unknown . Only after the international matches did suddenly the lot had better morale . Pep Talks i give make them in generally makes delighted/makes them happy/ fires them up with the one odd guy angry/stressed . Yet next match they'll be back to their fairly poor morale ....

I've just played my first game of the demo and the font is so horrible that it gave me a headache after the first hour. I usually play FM11 several hours at a time. Can anyone tell me if this will be fixed in the main game or if it can be changed. Otherwise I fear that there is no way I'll be able to buy this game which would be a real shame!

I've just played my first game of the demo and the font is so horrible that it gave me a headache after the first hour. I usually play FM11 several hours at a time. Can anyone tell me if this will be fixed in the main game or if it can be changed. Otherwise I fear that there is no way I'll be able to buy this game which would be a real shame!

Don't know if SI will change it but I'm sure someone will create a new skin, just have to keep an eye out

Something has to be done about indirect free kicks and corners. I have yet to see a goal from a direct free kick, but the indirect ones and corners are just way to effective.

I am using the default tactic for free kicks, and the only change for corners was to aim them at the 6 yard line. After 21 matches, I have scored 18 (!) goals off corners and free kicks, and conceded 8, for ~1.24 goals per game.

a few thoughts on the demo...probably already been said but anyway....

1 - Director Cam - absolutely wonderful and has actually made me watch more of the highlights than in fm11

2 - New layout - again, i'm impressed, just looks cleaner, although a little too bright at times!

3 - Players actually doing what i'm asking them to do - big improvement this year

4 - Team meetings - good improvement, feels like you're more of a manager - goes hand in hand with the new "tone"....i'm annoyed and i can show it more!!!

I actually cannot wait until i get my copy of the full game....

I agree with all of em but 3. My wide forwards refused to track back no matter what instructions i gave them :(

Other than that, the demo is really good.

Something has to be done about indirect free kicks and corners. I have yet to see a goal from a direct free kick, but the indirect ones and corners are just way to effective.

I am using the default tactic for free kicks, and the only change for corners was to aim them at the 6 yard line. After 21 matches, I have scored 18 (!) goals off corners and free kicks, and conceded 8, for almost 1.4 goals per game.

WOWZERS!!! Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Is there any way to bypass these unnecessary profile pages on the player and club screens? When I click on a player, I wanna go straight to the attributes page. And when I click on a club name, I wanna go straight to the squad screen. I use these much more than the default profile screen. It's a completely pointless addition and only slows things down by giving me more screens to navigate through.

Otherwise, loving the game.

Maybe because it's a Demo, or it's the 'getting used to the UI' changes or the two horrible skins (White and Dark), having difficultly getting into it at the minute. All I've played so far is the odd match, checking the data and seeing how the AI handles various teams.

From what I've played the game is good, though occasionally with the new screens I feel overwhelmed with information, while in others there isn't enough (match day facts and such). Overall my biggest gripe is the skins, every year I usually have to revert to the Dark skin, but even that one seems to not feel right. Looking forward to seeing the full game though, as I think there will be some more surprises to be had.

Maybe because it's a Demo, or it's the 'getting used to the UI' changes or the two horrible skins (White and Dark), having difficultly getting into it at the minute. All I've played so far is the odd match, checking the data and seeing how the AI handles various teams.

From what I've played the game is good, though occasionally with the new screens I feel overwhelmed with information, while in others there isn't enough (match day facts and such). Overall my biggest gripe is the skins, every year I usually have to revert to the Dark skin, but even that one seems to not feel right. Looking forward to seeing the full game though, as I think there will be some more surprises to be had.

I wouldn't get your hopes up... this is a gold release.

Am loving the Demo regardless !

Is there any way to bypass these unnecessary profile pages on the player and club screens? When I click on a player, I wanna go straight to the attributes page. And when I click on a club name, I wanna go straight to the squad screen. I use these much more than the default profile screen. It's a completely pointless addition and only slows things down by giving me more screens to navigate through.

Otherwise, loving the game.

You can, go to preferences screen and change between profile and attributes.

Very odd goings on, first of all I get a message telling me that Steven Gerrard has been "dropped to the England Squad" for poor performances (I think they mean dropped from the England Squad!!) however then the next screen tells me he has been called up?! What's going on??

news1j.png

news2r.png

I recall this happening in FM11 at one point - post in the bugs forum please.

when you record a highlight how do you view it again after the match?

If you've exported it use VLC player to watch the .ogv file outputted to the uploads folder.

If you haven't exported it it'll appear as a clip on the Custom Highlights tab under Upload Highlights. From there you can choose to export or upload it.

Something a tiny bit unrealistic just happened to me... Long pass from AC Milan, Stekelenburg come's out to the top of the box to pick up the loose ball, without any pressure at all.

He gets it and starts sliding out of the box, red card!

Here's the video:

What do you think? Should I report it in the bugs forum?

Something a tiny bit unrealistic just happened to me... Long pass from AC Milan, Stekelenburg come's out to the top of the box to pick up the loose ball, without any pressure at all.

He gets it and starts sliding out of the box, red card!

Here's the video:

What do you think? Should I report it in the bugs forum?

Looks more like he just stepped out, (unbalanced slightly or just careless?) worth letting them have a look though.

It could be Kriss, but then it's not a red card.

I should be awarded a red card if i'm stopping a potential scoring chance... If a gk accidentally steps out of the box, let's say because of momentum, it's not a red card.

It could be Kriss, but then it's not a red card.

I should be awarded a red card if i'm stopping a potential scoring chance... If a gk accidentally steps out of the box, let's say because of momentum, it's not a red card.

There's a whole debate there waiting to be had:) GK handling outside the area can be a red card, in this case it looks inadvertant so the ref is a dumbo or it needs looking at, so I would definitely report it in bugs:thup:

Apologies if I've missed the blindingly obvious, but is it possible to reduce the amount of 'windows' in the player profile page? I'm stuck playing at 1280x1024 and there is just too much partial information there. Is it possible to remove the 'windows' to just show, say... attributes, preferred postions and contract details?

I apologize if this has been mentioned but I'm not going through 17 pages to check. ;)

During the match if you go to the tactics screen it doesn't give the updated players condition, for example at half time it will show the players condition from the start of the match. To get the updated condition you have to refresh, ie click on something then go back to the tactics screen.

Not a game breaker but at first I was going onto the tactics screen to bring some subs on but decided not to because the players weren't too tired, I now realize that's not the case.

Edit: I do have screenshots if required.

I believe you can get in match stats to display this while the match is playing on your screen

I've actually seen this toned down alot in my game, hardly ever caught offside anymore

Surely he is not offside even if in an off-side position until he touches the ball or is considered to influence the game in some way?

Goalkeeper handling outside the box is deemed a professional foul and red card, accidental or not.

Is this actually correct, I dont think it is.

If he handles outside the area then he is treated the same as an outfield player in that he could receive a yellow or red card subject to the incident in question. Its not an automatic red card the same as its not for an outfoeld player

Can someone from SI tell if the team report recommendations are still in?

2nrhafc.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only only one missing this. Didn't realise how often I checked this screen until I couldn't find it on the Demo.

Is this actually correct, I dont think it is.

If he handles outside the area then he is treated the same as an outfield player in that he could receive a yellow or red card subject to the incident in question. Its not an automatic red card the same as its not for an outfoeld player

The actually rules can be found at http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

It says the only handling offense a keeper could commit that would warrant a red card would be deliberately handling the ball outside of his own penalty area in order to prevent a clear goal-scoring opportunity. This is quite often deemed to be the case hence why you see a red dished out more often for keepers in this situation.

The actually rules can be found at http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

It says the only handling offense a keeper could commit that would warrant a red card would be deliberately handling the ball outside of his own penalty area in order to prevent a clear goal-scoring opportunity. This is quite often deemed to be the case hence why you see a red dished out more often for keepers in this situation.

My point is that its NOT an automatic red card. There is a decision process the ref must follow - The OP stated it was an auto red card regardless of accidental or not - this is incorrect Cheers

Hi all a question as the demo save games are compatable with the full game and the demo games are a one league small database game if i choose to carry on my demo game and i can add leagues to that save can i also increase the player database size?

Thanks

MC_Blue I'm sure you can continue your demo saved game if you buy the full version but I'm pretty certain you wont be able to play in off-line unless its steam verified. It is likely to require steam verification at every start-up

no many people help me? , Even administrators?

Hi Violet

The game is Gold so you are unlikely to get any changes in the game that will be released on day 1.

However I would recommend you raise this query giving more detail in the Technical Forum where you will hopefully get the right response. I don't think anyone is ignoring you, its because they just dont have an answer for you. Hopefully someone in the Technical Forum can help - Good Luck

MC_Blue I'm sure you can continue your demo saved game if you buy the full version but I'm pretty certain you wont be able to play in off-line unless its steam verified. It is likely to require steam verification at every start-up

No: Steam verification is a one time connection. You can then choose to play off-line, though doing that would sacrifice automatic patching and Steam achievements. From Steam's own Help page:

What is Offline Mode?

Offline Mode allows you to play games through Steam without reconnecting to the Steam Network every time you wish to play - this is particularly useful if you do not plan on playing over the internet and would prefer not to download new updates for your single-player games.

Please note that you must connect to the Steam Network and test each of the games you would like to use in Offline Mode at least once to set up your account and configure Offline Mode on your machine.

if i choose to carry on my demo game and i can add leagues to that save can i also increase the player database size?

Add leagues yes, change database size no.

The full game needs to be activated - once.

Archived