Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Was managing City, and tried to bring on Tevez as a sub - he agreed, went on to play well and scored, so his morale increased.

This is obviously a bug.

1) Tevez would never agree to coming on as sub

2) He would never display any happiness post-match, ever.

I've just spoke to Tevez's in game agent about this and he had the following to say:

a) There was a translation issue. Tevez thought he was told he CANT come on as sub and instead took off his tracksuit and ran onto the pitch remonstrating his anger

b) during his on pitch rant he was flailing his arms and legs around - it was a pure fluke that the throw in to him on the halfway line connected so sweetly with his boot it rocketed into the opposition net

c) Post match happiness - This was down to constipation apparently. He'd been bunged up for days and his smile was directly related to some emergency venting he'd just performed in preparation of a massive turn-out following a prune & chille sandwich he consumed in his pre-match lunch

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
I have already activated it to play the demo, so do i need to do it again with the full game?

The demo is different to the game I'm afraid, you'll need to download it separately and activate it.

Before my old graphics card failed methinks one of the new screen (team report?) displayed the role that player was best suited for along with a start rating - John Terry stopper etc. Have finally fitted replacement card, slightly poorer spec but running same screen resolution 1680x1050. Cannot now seem to see role best suited to displayed any more. Is this something to do with replacing graphics card or am I mistaken?

Was starting to enjoy demo before graphics card went on Friday and only just resuming!

I have already activated it to play the demo, so do i need to do it again with the full game?

What you activate is the game itself, not the savefile, so whether you start a new save or continue a demo save has no effect.

I'm going to buy the disk, so will i need to active that aswel?

Yes.

But if you increase leagues in the game will it not increase player database size also?

Well, yes and no. From what's been stated the game will fill the added leagues with players and simulate their progress as if they had been there from the start. That is, if you add say Serie A and your database size is small, it will presumably only load in the Italian players that would've been there from the start with Seria A and that small database. In other words, it will increase the player database (more Italians/Italy-based players now), but not to the degree of "medium" or "large".

Are you running the game full screen or windowed mode via the Preferences -> Display and Sound? Let me know, thanks.

Full scree, I believe, as I clicked on 1680x1050 at bottom of list rather than windowed at top. Hope thats what you were asking for.

Are any officials gonna comment me and paganizers posts regarding the ME constriction on page 17? Would be nice to hear your opinions, as it's some very valid question for tactic freaks trying to create out of the box tactics (without exploiting the ME). The fact you cant emulate a Vermaalen/Lucio type DC, with freakishly offensive raids. The fact you cant make the DC's push wides and dropping the DMC into DC position, creating a 3-4-3 which is utilised frequently in modern football. Or when trying to play as Bielse in the world cup with the wb moving into channels? All in all FM12 looks very promising, but these previsously mentioned restricition in the ME is a big bummer im having an hard time getting over. PS. Sorry for any misspellings or grammar errors. Im from swiiiiiden.

Are any officials gonna comment me and paganizers posts regarding the ME constriction on page 17? Would be nice to hear your opinions, as it's some very valid question for tactic freaks trying to create out of the box tactics (without exploiting the ME). The fact you cant emulate a Vermaalen/Lucio type DC, with freakishly offensive raids. The fact you cant make the DC's push wides and dropping the DMC into DC position, creating a 3-4-3 which is utilised frequently in modern football. Or when trying to play as Bielse in the world cup with the wb moving into channels? All in all FM12 looks very promising, but these previsously mentioned restricition in the ME is a big bummer im having an hard time getting over. PS. Sorry for any misspellings or grammar errors. Im from swiiiiiden.

I believe the answer from PaulC was... it was illogical :)

We know about the invisible vertical barriers between central and wide players which make it almost impossible to simulate certain tactics. I just want the SI guys to acknowledge there is a bug in the ME or atleast that they are aware of these shortcomings and what they intend to do about it... if anything. I have been holding my breath for these issues to be fixed for a couple years now and i'm about to turn blue :p

• SI Staff

In terms of the ME there will always be a million and one things we could tweak, but we feel it's a stable, balanced version and we don't have plans to make updates to it this time around.

In short, the less maintenance time spent on this ME the more time we can spend on building something even better for a future release. We are overall as happy with this one as we have ever been, and I think the feedback so far backs that up.

In terms of the ME there will always be a million and one things we could tweak, but we feel it's a stable, balanced version and we don't have plans to make updates to it this time around.

In short, the less maintenance time spent on this ME the more time we can spend on building something even better for a future release. We are overall as happy with this one as we have ever been, and I think the feedback so far backs that up.

It seems to me that FM is going quickly towards a larger and different audience, once it was a football simulation for hard-core gamers, while now the game is becoming, year in year out, less challenging and more orientated towards "general" or "casual" gamers.

I don't mean this is a bad or a good thing, just my impression, personally I'm a bit disappointed by some cosmetic 3-d improvements (that will have the main effect to oblige people to update their graphics card or their machines without adding too match to our game experience), but I'm aware that you could gain lots of consensus from that.

I think Football Manager is still a solid and for me enjoyable game,however I can't deny I'm a bit worried for the reasons explained above.

I have to say that visually every FM release looks like a slight improvement on what came before. The FM12 demo looks like how I dream the game may look in several years time. I just love it (you can tell!).

I just love the format of the International Match reports on your players too - but can I see that same format of display of match report for my players for club matches?

I have been exploring options to insert columns and in the senior squad selection screen I have added Asst Man view on players Best Position and Best Role along with Match Fitness.

regarding Best Role I was disappointed that the information provided was not as complete as that shown on individual players profile eg John Terry's report gives Ball Playing Defender - Stopper.

The Best Role column inserted on selection screen, unfortunately, only says Ball Playing Defender. There is plenty of space to add the additional, useful, information Stopper. Any chance of this being addressed in patch?

Somewhat confused by what Match Fitness % column I have actually inserted actually tells me and its relationshipto the standard Condition %.

Have just finished a match and following show up

Mata 94% Condition 85% Match Fitness

Ganso 89% Condition 100% Match Fitness

Switching to my tactics screen the % shown reflect the condition % (Mata 94%, Ganso 89%)

Condition is basically tiredness/general fitness. Match fitness is how up to tempo they are to play matches. You could leave someone on the bench for months and they'd keep their condition (physical fitness) up through training, but they'd gradually lose all match fitness and thus be a bit awkward when they return, until they've played a few games.

After a few challenges getting the demo to download via Steam I have finally had the chance to play around with the demo.

Positives:

* The game looks very polished;

* I like having much more information on the player information screen to save me from having to click on other icons to find the information I want (although if I do click on a few other options, to get back to where I want needed a few extra clicks. There must be a shortcut but I couldn't find it);

* I like seeing the results of player interaction on the screen;

* The different tones are good. It was interesting having a play around with the different tones to see how different players responded. Lewis McGugan didn't seem to respond to any. Seeing Matt Derbyshire respond positively persuaded me to play him;

* The new transfer / player searches and scout reports were easier to navigate;

* It was nice to have a more attractive skin out of the box;

* The tactics / squad page was better laid out - I saw somewhere that FM11 tactics can be used. I uploaded an old FM11 tactic and it still gives good results!

* Director cam is good. Especially when you have a direct free-kick and it pans to behind the taker.

Negatives:

* I think for each version since FM09 I have been promising the wife that each version would be my last. However, the demo looks v.v.good and with Steam selling for more than half the price I'd normally have to pay in Australia I will definitely be buying it again this year!

i think the demo is great, ui is much easier to use, my only gripe with it is b teams and players pa, for example,

if you start as barca, you can see how good everyone inthe first team and u19s will be but you have no idea how good the players in barca b are going to be or how good they are when this should not be the case,

other than that am very much looking forward to buying fm this year

Goalkeeper handling outside the box is deemed a professional foul and red card, accidental or not.

Rubbish.

Please don't state personal opinions as fact when they are anything but.

Example one to contradict your statement:

Liverpool vs Bolton a few years back, Reina held the ball in his hands as he was running out of the box, then releasing it into the air and kicking it long. The dirtbag referee could see from half a mile away that he handled it outside the box (which he didn't according to TV footage) and awarded Bolton a free kick, and gave Reina a yellow card. Bolton subsequently scored from that free kick (indirectly) and Liverpool lost the match.

To be fair, WulfgarDK, it is a popular misconception. A goalkeeper is dismissed for handling outside the box only when it denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity. I'm not sure if it's even a definite yellow card offence.

Also, where do I go now to ask my assistant manager to compile a loan report for positions? I can do it for a club, by going to that club and click on loan report, but there's no longer an option in the squd page to find a loan player by position??

Same here, can't find it for the love of God

do we need to buy disk to install the full game or steam just update the demo ?

It's not just 'update' the demo - the full game has a much bigger database.

You can choose to buy the disk or a digital download (from Steam or another supplier). But however you buy it, you need to use steam to activate it, just like the demo.

Are you running the game full screen or windowed mode via the Preferences -> Display and Sound? Let me know, thanks.

Running on full screen, not windowed.

When I opened up saved game this morning, overview screen still 9 panels (high) but squad depth report still not showing best role (John Terry Ball Playing Central defender - Stopper etc) as it was pre replacing video card.

Could the fact that I downloaded the demo from steam and started the game on one video card (which I believe did show best role on squad depth screen - unless I was miskaen and "seeing things") and then replaced failed video card to resume game be causing some sort of issue? Would ideally like to resolve for demo so that I know it is back before full game arrives.

Advice appreciated.

PS really enjoying exploring and playing the demo - congrats to all thought and work SI team have put into this version.

Oh, wait, you're playing in full screen. Hmm, I don't think you can without going into window mode then. The best you can do AFAIK is this and then click the green optimize view button:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/153632-Tip-Macs-and-Using-full-screen-while-windowed

Still not working, im trying to play it on 1920 x 1080, 60.00 hz which is the default and gives the maximum use of the panels on the home screens etc, but theres no way to minimise without going into windowed mode.

Right, if you use the trick in that post you'll want to start the game in windowed mode and then click the green button on the window header. It will cover the entire screen, hiding everything but the game. You'll lose a few pixels of height to accommodate the window header, but that's it, and you can cmd+tab between windows. If you go into fullscreen the effect is lost and you'll need to restart the game to get it back.

Right, if you use the trick in that post you'll want to start the game in windowed mode and then click the green button on the window header. It will cover the entire screen, hiding everything but the game. You'll lose a few pixels of height to accommodate the window header, but that's it, and you can cmd+tab between windows. If you go into fullscreen the effect is lost and you'll need to restart the game to get it back.

I did that, I did it in Full screen then restarted in Windowed mode, and I pressed the green button and nothing :/ no doubt im doing something drastically wrong, it fills the screen apart from the top heading bar, and the bottom bar, and other little bits but wont go any bigger, surely there has to be a simple way to minimise FM on Mac :L infuriating.

You can't start in fullscreen, it nullifies the effect. :) Switch to window mode, quit the game, then restart the game and press the green button when you see the main menu. It should now look as previously described and start like this every time.

Technically this is a workaround. You can't do the tab-from-a-fullscreen-app-to-a-window thing that you're really after.

I give up for now, why there isnt no simple method like on Windows I have no idea, ridiculous. Ill just play in the windowed mode for now, even though ive gone from the max number of panels to like 6, guess when i properly want to play then ill just maximise and then window mode it every time i wanna go on itunes or internet lulz.

Archived