Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually quite like the statement. Reads pretty well but I still expect there to be a huge blacklash from the very hardcore, pro Dalglish supporters.

I'm very sad for Kenny but its understandable why he's went. The Carling Cup doesn't excuse 8th place and being so far from 4th, nor the poor performances and home record along the way. Dalglish will always remain a legend at the club and that hasn't changed though.

I was on the fence about him going mainly because I wondered who we would get in. Thats the next massive decision for FSG and its one that needs to be made very carefully, but by the same token its needs to be made soon. The pre-Euros transfer window will shut in a few weeks and thats really the time to be doing busy this summer.

Jol. That might end up being a good shout. No Fulham manager ever seems to stay for long, and he's done a great job with them.

oh, i was being serious, out of the current prem, they are the 2 best options. i was laughing at the fact that they are the best 2 options, out of a bunch of managers we're apparently going for.

ive said we need a top class manager and its stupid to aim any lower when you can afford the best, though fsg have been known to go for the up n coming baseball coaches aswell. it really is a massive appointment as others have said.

No mentions of Clarke/keen anywhere tho since he stayed for the baseball with Henry and Werner it would suggest hes in the good books.

Ah **** scratch that Tony Barrett is saying Clarke has walked.

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

#lfc Get the right man,not the cheap man next. Top quality manager,proven at a big club.Martinez.Rodgers.Di Matteo,million miles off.

Stan being spot on shocker. **** all these one season wonders with relegation fodder. We're better than that. We need a manager with European history. Maybe won a major trophy or two.

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

#lfc Get the right man,not the cheap man next. Top quality manager,proven at a big club.Martinez.Rodgers.Di Matteo,million miles off.

wow i never knew he had it in him :D

i was just gonna post, if we get martinez etal then that smacks a little of the saving money appointment and he's also more likely to be a yes man just like hodgson. this, i dont want!!

Downing in over Johnsen. Hilarious.

Tbh, I don't really care about England anymore. They're **** and it doesn't matter what certain, over rated players do, they will never be dropped and other people won't be given a chance, even though most of the old guard have proved time and time again that they can't hack it.

Oh and I believe the selections are pretty racist. Obvious Rio was going to be kept out over that ****ing scumbag Terry wasn't it, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Regardless of what he's done, Terry is England's best CB whether you like it or not.

Got to bring Rafa back - its an absolute no brainer.

No thanks to bringing in a manager who doesn't have experience of top european football, we simply cant afford to take a punt right now because if we get it wrong we are well and truly screwed.

Rafa is the man!

Got to bring Rafa back - its an absolute no brainer.

No thanks to bringing in a manager who doesn't have experience of top european football, we simply cant afford to take a punt right now because if we get it wrong we are well and truly screwed.

Rafa is the man!

Have you lot not learnt that you don't need 'one of your own' to actually do well? You're all starting to fall into what the Newcastle fans were like a few years ago...and that was disasterous for them whe all they wanted was 'one of their own.'

Might be worth getting someone in new don't you think?

Great to see the left wing, lilly limp wristed PC-OTT-Crap BBC having to punt the Suarez/racism/KD's defence of him on the main news story of his departure.

There's enough journalist scum at the BBC, previously happy employee's of Murdoch, to get it wrong. But quite so wrong?? :D

Have you lot not learnt that you don't need 'one of your own' to actually do well? You're all starting to fall into what the Newcastle fans were like a few years ago...and that was disasterous for them whe all they wanted was 'one of their own.'

No - bring back Rafa, simple really.

once again, its about bringing in the man with the correct skillset to move the club on. That man just happens to be Rafa.

No - bring back Rafa, simple really.

Championship awaits then...ask the Toon fans!

P.S. Although then you'll appoint a Londoner, sign some amazing players all known to fm players, go and get 5th, then probs win the bloody league next year! So yes...bring back Rafa!

Gutted isn't the word. Really dissapointed in the owners. I think people in here need to be careful what they wish for. If we end up with Martinez or Rogers I think everyone will realise this was a mistake.

Our owners really worry me now. Seems to be no plan and more importantly no patience. Its madness.

Don't think many are from Liverpool so I'll post it here radio city are doing a special on this right now and big rumours on there are that AVB has been approached and we haven't spoken to Rafa at all.

Archived