Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wa a straight choice out Benitez, Martinez and AVB (still convinved he'd do well with the right club, don't think Chelsea suited him at all) who would you take?

Also it's being said Kenny returned home earlier because he's going on holiday tomorrow with his family while Clarke is going to Miami for a holiday so there was no need to go back to England.

In my humble opinion, I think either Rodgers or Martinez would be very good men for you. Looking abroad though there are the likes of Guidolin, Mazzari, Blanc etc.

Out of interest, how is Benitez viewed as a talent by Liverpool fans in hindsight? If he took over at Spurs can't say i'd be disappointed.

The lack of any kind of announcement one way of the other, is typical of the general malaise of the board at Liverpool at present. You just feel that it is currently being run from across the pond. I am not sure what Ian Ayre actually does as CEO, other than seemingly procrastinate on building a stadium.

The club needs much more active leadership at the very top in this country, rather than the current set-up where we all stand around scracthing our heads waiting for someone in Boston to make a decision on something.

It was the same with the Suarez affair. It literally took months before Werner seemed to realise that are club's name had been dragged through the mud by Suarez and Dalglish and their various ill-thought out actions and statements.

Does any outside of the US have an executive power at this club or what?

The lack of any kind of announcement one way of the other, is typical of the general malaise of the board at Liverpool at present. You just feel that it is currently being run from across the pond. I am not sure what Ian Ayre actually does as CEO, other than seemingly procrastinate on building a stadium.The club needs much more active leadership at the very top in this country, rather than the current set-up where we all stand around scracthing our heads waiting for someone in Boston to make a decision on something.It was the same with the Suarez affair. It literally took months before Werner seemed to realise that are club's name had been dragged through the mud by Suarez and Dalglish and their various ill-thought out actions and statements.Does any outside of the US have an executive power at this club or what?
Remember when we used to like the fact that they took their time thoroughly making decisions?Now it's just like. Get on with it!

The lack of any kind of announcement one way of the other, is typical of the general malaise of the board at Liverpool at present. You just feel that it is currently being run from across the pond. I am not sure what Ian Ayre actually does as CEO, other than seemingly procrastinate on building a stadium.

The club needs much more active leadership at the very top in this country, rather than the current set-up where we all stand around scracthing our heads waiting for someone in Boston to make a decision on something.

It was the same with the Suarez affair. It literally took months before Werner seemed to realise that are club's name had been dragged through the mud by Suarez and Dalglish and their various ill-thought out actions and statements.

Does any outside of the US have an executive power at this club or what?

Why should they hurry up, because a bunch of fans are being impatient? Let them make a decision ffs, we'll all find out one way or another soon enough.

Our impatience off the pitch reflecting that on it?

I worry for any manager who takes over that isn't Rafa tbh. How much time would we give the likes of Roberto Martinez? How soon would it be ahh he can only manage at Wigan's level etc etc?

Remember when we used to like the fact that they took their time thoroughly making decisions?Now it's just like. Get on with it!

FSG are just not coming across as proactive though, that's why we now seem impatient. They have muddled along with the stadium, they took ages to get to grips with the Suarez problem, and our Chairman seems to be doing the job part-time. We need a UK based Chief Operating Officer in our corporate structure above Ayre (whose job seems to be strategic, rather than day-today running).

Sometimes it just feels to me that nobody is actually running the club, until a crisis reaches fever pitch (Hodgson's management causing attendances to drop; Kenny and Luis embarassing the club after "handshakegate").

@martp,

thats why i dont want a young manager, whoever it was would have no chance. we should be employing managers who've got a proven track record of winning cups and leagues and who know more about football and football management than most.

these are the winners, these are the people we should be going for, not taking a chance on inexperienced managers.

Why should they hurry up, because a bunch of fans are being impatient? Let them make a decision ffs, we'll all find out one way or another soon enough.

The problem is, that rumour fills the void.

If he staying then quash the rumours. If he is going then announce it. The meeting was ysterday and KD aarived back in the UK today, so I am assuming the reviews has been carried out and a refusal to comment is simply fanning the flames.

I'm sure if Dalglish was still having the team play like the whole pass and move philosophy that was going well after he took over from Hodgson, it would be ok...

But he's just gotten more and more inept and clueless as the new season went by

Rafa is without question the right man for the job if Kenny leaves today. If anyone else is picked I'd have serious doubts about FSG's ability as owners (unless of course they appoint someone with a better track record than Rafa).

Club not commenting on the rumours would mean more likely gone then staying, surely.
Maybe its because we sacked the PR guy last week :D

:D Spilt my tea.

If KD goes it has to be Rafa, and it has to be an amicable departure or there'll be no end of trouble.

Maybe there is no decision to be made and all you lot are going mental because of Twitter?

Be shocked and gutted if they sack him. We need patience, most on here are acting like Chelsea supporters.

Yeah, like with Hodgson

Hodgson has never been and never will be good enough for our club. Simple as that.

And Kenny is because he's a legend, right?

The rose tintedness you spout is embarrasing. If our club was allowed to be run by fans like you, it would be run into the ground.

Given that Kenny got rid of practically every Hodgson signing because they weren't good enough. I wonder how much clearing out a new manager will do of Kennys signings.

Most of them were cheap to get rid of. Not sure a new manager will be allowed to get rid of the expensive flops.

Given that Kenny got rid of practically every Hodgson signing because they weren't good enough. I wonder how much clearing out a new manager will do of Kennys signings.

see, ive been thinking about this aswell, if it was rafa for instance would he really fancy carroll?? what about adam, downing and henderson? doubt he would tbh. along with that we have ageing players like maxi, bellamy, kuyt and aurelio to let go and it suddenly looks like we need more than £100m to rebuild the playing staff. do fsg want to do that all again after just 18 months?

bin thinking this would be a major factor in keeping kenny, which is sad as its then just about the money and not about the club.

Why keep it for another season when it didn't work the 1st time? Next year means even older players and more needing to be replaced. As we fail to qualify for champions league each season, the harder it is to attract the players we need then we will get stuck in the same rot. Needs addressing and needs addressing now imo

Rafa lost the dressing room for a reason, and a lot of the players are still there.

Not too many is there? Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Carra (which would be a problem), Lucas and Gerrard? That's assuming Maxi, Kuyt and Aurelio are all off. I'm sure I've seen Lucas praise him a few times, can't imagine Pep has a problem with him either. Obviously if the rumours about Carragher/Gerrard are true that'd be a problem.

And Kenny is because he's a legend, right?

The rose tintedness you spout is embarrasing. If our club was allowed to be run by fans like you, it would be run into the ground.

No he is because he has proven he is. Won countless trophies as both player and manager including one this season. Got to another final this season. Has won the premier league which the club haven't yet.

see, ive been thinking about this aswell, if it was rafa for instance would he really fancy carroll?? what about adam, downing and henderson? doubt he would tbh. along with that we have ageing players like maxi, bellamy, kuyt and aurelio to let go and it suddenly looks like we need more than £100m to rebuild the playing staff. do fsg want to do that all again after just 18 months?

bin thinking this would be a major factor in keeping kenny, which is sad as its then just about the money and not about the club.

He looked at Carroll himself as a youngster he said so when we signed him. If you look at his Valencia side and the way he used Carew he would probably use Carroll in a similar fashion. I think he could really work with the other three and improve them greatly as well.

Archived