Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

But the purple kit is nowhere near red so it should be fine.

Im not saying its an exact colour match, but in a match at full pace you can see where people would get a little confused.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont get the point in the third kit for next season if its going to be purple. Ok, so we are playing against a team in red, what colour are we going to wear? 'purple'!!! What the hell??? Ok, lets wear a colour top that is close to the colour of the team we are playing against.

We wont do that you say? We will wear the away kit....so what was the point in making the third kit!!

The 3rd kit is purely there to make cash, another shirt to sell for those who maybe want something a bit different. I'm sure it'll be in the contract with Warrior that it be worn for a minimum of 2 or 3 away games next season.

"Is it really that hard to consult all of the families, not some?"

Check with every single bereaved family before making a small change to the shirt? What the actual ****?

I want to believe that none of that article is real, but no doubt even people in this thread will tell me that they are right and I'm not a real fan for not wanting 96 families to not be on the board of directors or something.

What do you think is going to happen with these execs being removed? Screw the PR/Communications lot but with director of footie, etc leaving you think that's a position that:

a) will be filled by someone else (any names?)

b) will be filled by Dalglish (upstairs) and a new manager comes in

c) will just be left and the way stuff is done changed, more control Dalglish (can't see that one, personally but I guess it's an option)

d) no one has a bloody clue!

I guess someone will oversea transfer this summer

Got to say I would normally back most things the HJC say but this I don't. They contacted the HFSG that is enough really. I think it is a better message personally. The flames were lost on the old crest and the fact it has 96 on is a nice touch in my opinion.

think the HJC have made themselves look a bit silly there, they consulted with the oldest most etablished group. Can't really expect them to do more than that, & tbh i didnt even know the significance of the flames on the old crest, the bit on the back is much more poignant gesture.

Got to say I would normally back most things the HJC say but this I don't. They contacted the HFSG that is enough really. I think it is a better message personally. The flames were lost on the old crest and the fact it has 96 on is a nice touch in my opinion.

This. HFSG is more to do with the families, and they were consulted. And anyway, it's still on the shirt. Looks like someone feels missed out...

This. HFSG is more to do with the families, and they were consulted. And anyway, it's still on the shirt. Looks like someone feels missed out...

It does come across as a bit egotistical. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have lost somebody there, not have any justice and have to listen to chants about your family or friends. Thats why I fully support their cause. But this comes across like they can't accept that they weren't involved. In fairness to Warrior they didn't have to involve anyone. It was right to and I'm glad they did but to talk to 96 separate families would have been too much. Most would feel the same way and I'm sure the HFSG are quite representative of the majority.

Surely the HJC was founded to fight for justice for the 96, not to embarrass the club because they feel like they have been left out.

I think it's great we have our traditional crest back, and it's also great that club still sees fit to remember the 96 on the shirt, because they don't really need to do that. They'd probably have agreed to it anyway, so what is the point of making such a fuss.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I think that new home shirt is very, very nice.

I'd just add, if I saw the bit on the back with the 96 I'd know instantly what it referred to, I actually had no idea the two 'justice flames' that surrounded your previous badge had any reference to commemerating Hillsborough.

The club actually only officially recognises HFSG from what I can tell. I have no idea why there are actually 3 Hillsborough campaign groups. Can anyone shed some light?

The HFSG was set up first I think. The club supported it and has continued to do so. That isn't a campaign group as far as I'm aware but literally just a support group. The HJC is for the campaign and is therefore a separate group. What is the third one? Can't think now which one you might mean.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc/2012-05-11/5910/would-it-hurt-lfc-to-consult-all-hillsborough-families-lfckit.html/#more-5910

To clarify: HJC's issue is not with the design of the shirt. Our concerns are with the fact that, despite LFC stating that families were consulted during the design process, no families within the HJC were ever contacted.

HJC STATEMENT RE: LFC KIT LAUNCH

The HJC are aware of an amendment to the new 2012/13 kit, which has recently been launched. We have also noted that the Hillsborough flames and "96" will now appear on the back of the shirt, "after consultation" with family members".

We can confirm that no bereaved families of the HJC were contacted or consulted. Indeed the first we were aware of this was via the Supporters Committee Minutes of their March meeting.

Once again LFC has chosen to ignore the HJC and their families. The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable. 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that.

It's pretty horrid. I've always thought HJC just seemed a bit too aggressive in their tone, and that "WE should have been consulted" screams of a measure of entitlement. The HFSG were consulted, and given that their primary mandate is to assist the families, that should be more than enough.

Like BWCH, I had no idea the flames were on the old logo - my eyes were instantly drawn to the 96 on the back though, and I think that's a far more compelling statement.

Jari Litmanen believes Luis Suarez has all the attributes to write himself into Liverpool's history books as one of the club's greatest ever players.

The Finland legend is a keen admirer of the striker's talents, and feels he can join Kenny Dalglish and Kevin Keegan as one of the finest No.7s to have ever donned the Red jersey.

"It's difficult to compare different players from different times," Litmanen told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Of course, Kenny and Kevin played in great teams that won a lot of trophies.

"You become a legend if you win things and you are in big teams.

"Time will tell what kind of results Liverpool will get in the coming years, but we all already know Suarez is a great player."

Litmanen was back at Melwood this week visiting former teammates Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

Like Suarez, the forward made his name at Dutch club Ajax before making the move to Anfield, via Barcelona.

However, Litmanen is keen to play down any further comparisons.

"We are different players," he said. "He is a player who really wants to score goals, and he is used to scoring massive goals for his national team, in Holland and here too.

"I was more of a player who was producing assists and more of a supporting player, like a second striker supporting a lone striker providing a link between midfield and attack.

"I was happy with my game without scoring goals – but Suarez is never happy if he's not scoring goals and you need that kind of player if you want to have a team at the top.

"You need different kinds of players, and ones who really want to score goals. There are moments when you don't notice them on the pitch, and then they show up and score a goal."

Litmanen spent a productive 18 months at Anfield, making 43 appearances and scoring nine goals between January 2001 and August 2002.

"I have happy memories," he reflected. "It's over 10 years since I left and this is the first time I've came back, so it is a little bit of a strange feeling.

"The team is totally different. There are some old teammates like Carragher and Gerrard, but most of the players I know from other clubs.

"I supported Liverpool as a child, so I knew all the stories about the club when I first came here, They still are one of my favourites and it was such an honour for me to come to a big club like Liverpool."

Legend.

Pity he wasn't used quite often enough

yeah just checked it out and its on fsm twitter account which is supposed to be the management department of fsg and it looks like just some random tweeted it on there tbh.

im sure if its gonna happen it'll happen in the next few days after tomorrows game, cant see them hanging around.

Charlie has had his good days and his bad days in a Liverpool shirt....more bad, but I think if we can keep him held back as a DLP he could be alright. Its just a case of not allowing him to go off where ever he wants on the pitch.

The three mentioned, Kuyt, Maxi and Aurelio are definitely leaving. I cant see them staying at all.

I would get rid of Spearing and although he has done a job for us (we cant slag him off because who else would have been there), he isnt good enough for LFC. For a club like Wigan I think he would be bloody brilliant though.

Otherwise, I dont see many leaving at all.

Archived