Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think there are some articulate and intelligent liverpool fans on here who realise that Rafa is not the answer...he's had his day. Definitely time for a new manager. Would love to see Liverpool get back to their best, and challenging at the top with Man Utd (and I am not a Liverpool fan - get a young, hungry, attack-minding manager who wants to be at a club for a good 10 years...you'll be laughing)

You're also the same clown who compared Rafa to Alan Shearer and said we'd go to the Championship.

Then you're a ****ing moron who shouldn't be allowed to watch football.

Apart from the fact he doesn't speak English and has previsouly said he wouldn't consider a management job apart from a Spanish club or one in his native south america...yeah...moron...have a word and do some research...and I don't even support ur club Dan...c'mon!!!

if you're going to stick bielsa and klopp in there you might as well include deschamps as well

Wouldn't want Bielsa, bit of a nutjob and with his side you never quite know if it's going to be the one who shows up and beats Man Utd, or falls apart like against Atletico. Deschamps has also had a very poor year, so I'm not sure he's the answer. Klopp is about the only one I'd say grab with both hands out of Europe atm, but slim odds he'd want to leave Dortmund.

You're also the same clown who compared Rafa to Alan Shearer and said we'd go to the Championship.

That was a joke originally...just don't want u scousers going toontastic on the league...need u scousres back challenging - and that's from a spurs fan!

And the toon reference is more for king keegan coming back...cos he started their downfall...but i described the shearer aspect...i know...makes no sense!

Go some research; my little child x

I've followed his career since the 2002 WC with great enthusiasm. To say he shouldn't be near football management is a down right idiotic statement.

Apart from the fact he doesn't speak English and has previsouly said he wouldn't consider a management job apart from a Spanish club or one in his native south america...yeah...moron...have a word and do some research...and I don't even support ur club Dan...c'mon!!!

What has that got to do with anything? Did I say anything about wanting him to be Liverpool manager? It was in relation to Select_screen_name's statement that he should be near football management.

I was going to ask about that, what is the deal with him and Chelsea. I heard crazy talk of him getting a 15 million payoff, is that only if he doesn't accept another job in the next few years? Makes me wonder if the guy will even want to manage when he can sit back and collect money for doing nothing.

as far as i know there is no large lump payoff but we keep on paying him his salary until he gets a new job

FWIW whoever mentioned him earlier, Hyypia was unbeaten as Bayer manager (6 games, 4 wins, 2 draws). Would have loved him to come in as part of the staff be it assistant or a coach but he's signed on to be Bayer manager until 2015 :(

“Of course I am disappointed with league results but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything."

Living in a completely different era. Such a relief he's gone.

I'd never bothered reading RAWK before last night and wondered why everybody slags it off so much. Now I know why. I never realised we had so many embarrassing fans.

I think i want Rafa back for sentimental reasons but looking back I remember posting on here when he was manager that we should get rid at certain points but saying that he never got the chance to build on the team he guided to 2nd in the league, instead over the course of three years the squad has been dismantled and world class players sold and replaced with mediocre ones.

I think that season when we came second to United is a real fork in the road in Liverpools fortunes. Should have won the league that year.

I think that season when we came second to United is a real fork in the road in Liverpools fortunes. Should have won the league that year.

As always with Liverpool FC, we were our own worst enemy that season. Should have walked it but way to many stupid draws....as always.

The problem was, after going so close we should have then re-invested to take us to the next level, but it was the point at which we starting losing players and replacing them with guff as the money ran out.

I think i want Rafa back for sentimental reasons but looking back I remember posting on here when he was manager that we should get rid at certain points but saying that he never got the chance to build on the team he guided to 2nd in the league, instead over the course of three years the squad has been dismantled and world class players sold and replaced with mediocre ones.

The key point here 'he never got the chance to build on the team he guided to 2'. From what I gather there were promises made in regards to transfer funds being made available to push us on but that never happened, it all then collapsed with Gillet and Hicks.

If I had my choice it would be Klopp or Rafa. Klopp has done amazing at Dortmund, you cannot underestimate the job he had done in taking down Bayern on way less resources. Rafa is more of a safer bet and I think you could guarantee that he would stick around for the long haul if it took that long.

Baffling. Hyper-motivated manager who's tactically astute potentially finally being given backing in the transfer market, and you're saying no?

I concur with that. Never get the Benitez bashing from Liverpool and other fans. None of the Spurs fans want him, mainly because they are morons who think Brendan Rodgers or Roberto Martinez are more qualified. I'd rather him than Redknapp and infact i'd wish Levy would just do it. His record of buying(and trying to buy) great talents- Masch, Alonso, Torres, Aguero/Villa(that didn't come off) is formidable. If he had backing in the market and didn't have to sign 3rd choice players such as Pennant and Jovanovic.....Imagine what he would have done with the money KD spent.

Personally I would like to see one of the following:

1. Rafa

2. Jürgen Klopp

3. AVB (Still very unsure, but Chelsea at the time seemed an impossible job)

4. Marcelo Bielsa

I think that's basically it honestly, I am not sure how feasible those names are but we need someone with a vision and a plan for the club.

No chance of Bielsa or Klopp. Seen someone mention they don't want Capello. I find it highly unlikely he'd want to come to your club.

I concur with that. Never get the Benitez bashing from Liverpool and other fans. None of the Spurs fans want him, mainly because they are morons who think Brendan Rodgers or Roberto Martinez are more qualified. I'd rather him than Redknapp and infact i'd wish Levy would just do it. His record of buying(and trying to buy) great talents- Masch, Alonso, Torres, Aguero/Villa(that didn't come off) is formidable. If he had backing in the market and didn't have to sign 3rd choice players such as Pennant and Jovanovic.....Imagine what he would have done with the money KD spent.

Benitez is the only manager been mentioned in the Spurs thread (besides Mourinho :D) that would be an improvement on Redknapp. Lambert and Rogers are haven't got the experience to take on a job with the pressure that Liverpool or Spurs would bring yet. Rogers' history as a manager is rather questionable too, he failed at Reading and the Watford fans hate him.

No chance of Bielsa or Klopp. Seen someone mention they don't want Capello. I find it highly unlikely he'd want to come to your club.

Why no chance of Klopp? I am of the opinion that ANYONE can be gotten if you have the will and are willing to pay the price. I have no idea how much Klopp is on at Dortmund, but surely a doubling of your salary etc may turn your eye. If FSG see someone like Klopp as ideal to their 'vision' I don't think paying him a mega salary will be a issue.

BTW I just read on another forum someone mentioned Pardew for the job, if that happens I will be ****ing livid!

Baffling. Hyper-motivated manager who's tactically astute potentially finally being given backing in the transfer market, and you're saying no?

Baffling? No and I never once bashed him so congratulations on that mistake.

I dont want him back is what I said. Excellent tactics and I felt confident going into a game when he was in charge, but I just dont want another returning manager. Whats the point!!! Lets take a step backwards again eh.

We should be looking to move forward and I dont think it should be Martinez, Rodgers et al, but what I think is we should be looking for a manager who is young and hungry and someone who can take the club forward.

I couldn't care if it's a returning manager or not, and I'm not ruling him out on that basis. For me the criteria should simply be:

1) Winning mentality

2) Highly adept tactically

3) Experienced managing a large club

4) Ability to work under pressure.

Nowhere in there for me should it say "excluded on the basis of past employment". I don't care what someone has done with us or a rival, I care entirely what they can do here, based on their experience.

And their ability to break the clique and be ruthless with our playing squad.

Re-appointing Rafa would not be taking a step backwards, I don't remember anybody saying that when we re-appointed Dalglish.

Rafa may not be perfect, but he is the best option right now for resurrecting a club that is in trouble.

Apparently in yesterday's twitter web-chat with Marca Suarez admitted he wants to move to Spain at some point. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7761710/Suarez-dreams-of-Spain-switch

If FSG really are going to now punish Luis for the racism thing as was reported a few posts up I'm worried they might try and sell him off, or cause him to want to leave sooner.

Every manager will have their flaws whether that be tactically, man management or signing players - looking for a perfect manager is pointless.

Rafa took over the team that Houllier left him and transformed it into a title challenging side whilst winning trophies along the way.

Yes, he spent a chunk of money doing it (we aren't talking man city levels of spending though) but he also recouped a lot as well.

Tactically he was spot on and had us punching above our weight (especially against the big teams) and we were always in the latter stages of the CL.

If they want to give someone 5 years to turn things round then, what is he 51 or 52 now, so plenty of time ahead of him. Just seems an easy decision to make to me.

The fact he loves the club, is probably sitting in his house in Liverpool currently doing nothing makes the decision even easier.

As someone said, imagine if FSG had been in charge when he took them to second - even if they had backed him modestly but allowed him to retain the team he'd built we'd be a completely different situation now. Get him back as manager, back him with the money and time that were missing last time and we will reap the rewards.

Apparently in yesterday's twitter web-chat with Marca Suarez admitted he wants to move to Spain at some point. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7761710/Suarez-dreams-of-Spain-switch

If FSG really are going to now punish Luis for the racism thing as was reported a few posts up I'm worried they might try and sell him off, or cause him to want to leave sooner.

I hope they don't force him out. For me, keeping him is more important than who we appoint as manager.

Why no chance of Klopp? I am of the opinion that ANYONE can be gotten if you have the will and are willing to pay the price. I have no idea how much Klopp is on at Dortmund, but surely a doubling of your salary etc may turn your eye. If FSG see someone like Klopp as ideal to their 'vision' I don't think paying him a mega salary will be a issue.

I think it's more about bad timing than money,if I were Klopp I would want another go in the CL before leaving Dortmund.He's won the Bundesliga twice and won the Cup on Saturday but failed miserably in the CL.

Btw,doesn't anyone find it a little strange with all the sackings of people not directly connected to the footballing side of things?

Is there anyone beside Ian Ayre left?

don't know what to think of avb. really like his swagger in interviews and stuff but lets face it he crumbled under pressure at chelsea and was a bit naive in how he thought he could get them playing straightaway.

think it'll be a huge risk to go with him after not really proving himself in this league.

would be excited at seeing what he could do long term though as i would with martinez, totally undecided on who i want tbh. think out of who's out there and obtainable my preference atm is benitez, martinez, avb, lambert in that order.

Archived