Your most prolific striker?

Winning the Euro Cup with Ajax in my first season, I bought Oscar Cardzo from Benfica and a generated player from mexico callerd Santacruz (am/r/s) (this young boy was rec by a scout) bloody hell wat a player. Oscar started great and went quite at age 30/31. IMO check to see if u have a 17 year old Santacruz mexico boy generated.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Bit of an overreaction maybe! :rolleyes:

Care to explain? If you want realism then it has to be consistent not just when you perceive things to be going against you. Yes it is unrealistic that for example(hypothetically) teams constantly hit the crossbar, but it's also unrealistic that players score as many goals as a number of them in this thread have. i'm not saying you're one of those moaners but please don't bother replying if you're just going to be snarky and unconstructive again :)

Care to explain? If you want realism then it has to be consistent not just when you perceive things to be going against you. Yes it is unrealistic that for example(hypothetically) teams constantly hit the crossbar, but it's also unrealistic that players score as many goals as a number of them in this thread have. i'm not saying you're one of those moaners but please don't bother replying if you're just going to be snarky and unconstructive again :)

Yes, I care to explain.

It's a ridiculously huge overreaction on your part. So people want to have a bit of fun and fantasy on a computer game. Why has that got to make you 'sad on a number of levels'?

Why is it unrealistic for a world class striker (perhaps the best forward of their generation or maybe even the greatest forward of all time) to score a lot of goals? Especially if they are in a world class team that is dominating football domestically and perhaps even continentally.

Why do you have to link this thread, which is basically a bit of fun, imagination and fantasy, to something negative? Chances are most of us in here are pretty tactically adept on FM , seeing as we're hitting the sweet spot with our forwards, and therefore haven't ever moaned about 'bugs' and 'game breakers' in relation to forwards taking chances. Why do you have to link anyone in this thread with negativity when all we're doing is having a bit of fun?

It's quite likely that a large number of people on this thread have spent a long time building their club, finding a great player, nurturing him, training him, tutoring him, tweaking their tactics to suit him. I know I have. Why shouldn't I share that accomplishment and sense of enjoyment with other FMers? Why should anyone on this thread be looked down upon by you, someone with a handful of posts and a misguided sense of their own superiority?

You're just basically misrepresenting the views of everyone in here presumably to make yourself feel better. Furthermore, who are you to say what is realistic and what is not? There have always been legendary and prolific goalscorers in the history football for goodness sake!

I see a lot of people in here having fun with the game and living out the fantasy of having a prolific number 9 who knocks the ball into the back of the net like it's going out of fashion. Everyone likes a goalscorer and what's wrong with that?

The only thing making me 'sad on a number of levels' in this thread is the negativity of your post. If you don't like it, and you have nothing positive to say, then please don't post at all.

+1 Crouchy. :thup:

There is always a lot of moaning threads, and when there is a thread with people showing off their achievements, some people always try to change the tone of the thread into something negative.

It's not as if the people in this thread are the people complaining like 'the game is broken'. The people in here are probably the people enjoying the game, having successful careers but some people can't accept that and have to try and 'rain on the parade'.

That Pele, what an unrealistic bastard he was with all those goals, then he moved to the states for millions when he was just an icon and no longer a goal machine. Same with Sir Stanley Matthews, where did he get his balls from to play in the top flight until he was 50? What's worse, when he finally decided he was making fun of the footballing world enough, he went around the world for another 13 years still playing football.

Each individual game save is basically a different fork from the game at the current state. In just over a century of the game truly being organised we've had two one thousand goal careers (allegedly at least), so it is unrealistic to say there will at some point be another player who matches this feat? The simple matter of fact is, if you had several thousand versions of the last century to pore through jsut from a football perspective it would be very different in each and every one of them, Pele may have never had a career at all due to an injury in his early years, in others he may have moved to another country earlier - been better managed on the nutritional side, been looked after better and he wouldn't have been past it by the time he was 30.

In the vast majority of saves these players don't happen, I'm not just talking about the regens but I mean players in the right situation, in the right tactic with the right youth training to do this, so in the <5% (most likely) it does happen out of the thousands of games played it is a major issue for you?

May have a couple of new contenders for my most prolific strikers. Couple of regens.

Diego Rubio - 93 appearances in all comps over about 1 3/4 seasons.(joined me in jan 2021, it's now November 2022). Has 97 goals to his name. First half season was a bedding in period, where he only got a paltry 20 goals in 27 games, last season he got 56 in 54, and this season so far he's got 21 in 12. That's mostly as a result of changing formation(Gone from a narrow one with him as a poacher in a striker partnership, to him being a lone striker with 2 strikers playing as inside forwards on the wing, he's a been set to run onto balls through(pace20, acc17), and takes my penalties now as well as free kicks. Absolutely dominant. has 5 hatricks in his last 13 appearances. Oh and has 40 assists in 93 games, so isn't too selfish either. Helps that he's two footed

Abdou Camara. - Attributes wise, he's better than Rubio, perhaps better than any striker I've ever seen. Though played second fiddle (creating chances rather than scoring all of them himself last season) Still managed 32 goals in 58 appeances last season, and this time, from the wing, has 19 in 17. Has 41 assists as well.

• 1 month later...

Copied and pasted it together so it'd hopefully fit on the forum a lot better (without going far off the side, and not shrunk to the point it's hard to read). The information shows stats, age, value, name, and at the bottom is his best season for me (first season we won the league I think)

mauriciot.jpg

tavares.jpg

evansu.jpg

63 goals nowhere near the level of some posts in here. What I thought was great was his strike partner getting 34 assists with a passing stat of 7, I know passing is not all that matters but still a good record.

Truro in the Prem!

Truro winning the Prem too! We've got a 27,000 all-seater Treyew Road too which we fill out every game (seems the forced expansion due to premier league requirements ups the "expansion capacity" of a stadium).

Can you post the player attributes page AB? THanks. :)

atttav.jpg

attjones.jpg

attjuan.jpg

Both are being outscored this season by the new guy, I am hoping he will replace Tavares next season. I can get £30 million for him so at 31/32 it might be too good to reject a bid of that size. Evans won world player of the year and his international goal scoring record is amazing. He past Wayne Rooney's record in around half the games it took Rooney to become England's all time leading goal scorer.

Mine would have to be Stanislav Hanak, he needs 3 more goals for his 300th Banik Ostrava goal, which i'm sure he'll get this season.

StanislavHanakProfile_PlayerAttributes.png

StanislavHanakHistory_CareerStats.png

Hopefully i'll keep him on as a coach too when he decided to retire.

Luckily i have a possible replacement already through the youth :D

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I was going to mention in the OP that NepentheZ is banned from posting in this thread! :p

I do what I want. When I want. :p

Just got linked to this thread. By myself. Since I searched my own name. Some amazing stuff going on in here. Nice to still know Smylie is mentioned a few years after his retirement. FM12 will be big for me, and I will attempt something like this again.

Not really had the time if I'm honest dude. I'm spending 90% of my gaming time on FIFA now, since my YouTube channel is getting pretty big (Just got over 1,000 subscribers)

FM11, much like FM09 and 10 really aren't for me, either. I'm hoping FM12 will be better.

Not somebody I've managed but Gonzalo Higuain had 31 goals after 14 league matches in the first season in a recent save. He finished on 48 league goals with a further 17 in all cup games. Still didnt win Real the league, my Barca side sorted that out!

Just finished the 2028/29 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 33 but had another cracking season hitting 61 in the Prem and 85 in all comps for the season:

84991266.png

Felipes record under me now stands at:

612 club games / 772 club goals (398 league games / 489 league goals)

143 International games / 108 International goals (he played in another 5 games for Brazil after i took the screenshot above)

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

755 games / 880 goals

64871312.png

22756504.png

Just finished the 2029/30 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 34 but had another cracking season hitting 39 in the Prem and 70 in all comps for the season:

27779953.png

Felipes record under me now stands at:

661 club games / 842 club goals (427 league games / 528 league goals)

151 International games / 113 International goals

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

812 games / 955 goals

90234578.png

30066829.png

I'm struggling to keep anyone on form long enough to get these kinds of stats - I had one very promising striker who hasn't quite been the same since a viral infection did him in for a whole season, an Argentinian with some serious self-esteem issues, and a collection of players who decided they were bigger than the club.

My current hope is on 'Mick'. His debut was in a FA Cup final against Arsenal when he was 16, in which he scored as we lost 2-1. Now 22, he's looking good for a strike rate of 2 goals every 3 games.

As with Stuart English on FM10, I reckon having yourself the best striker is a culmination of a few things. Maybe it's because I'm a Middlesbrough fan, but I always think that for a striker to truly perfect, he needs to at least be of the same nationality of the club. Where possible, he should have come through the academy.

I'm still a few seasons shy of finding out whether I can get everything to snap together perfectly, and a few pretenders have fell by the wayside, but I think I'm finally getting closer to a true talismanic striker.

It all began 10 seasons ago. Southampton had one doomed Premier League campaign, the only bright point being the emergence of top-scorer Dave Greenwood. Despite only being 16, he netted 6 goals in 29 games for them. When they were relegated, Barcelona and myself swooped for him, and thanks to offering a ludicrously high wage for a 17 year old, he joined us at the Boro. A series of bizarre long-term injuries, plus a continually dented confidence by not having a proper strike partner means he's become nothing more than a very good striker.

Current strike rate: 165 goals in 356 games (0.463)

Stephen McMahon (nicknamed Mick because his name reminded me of Tony McMahon and Stephen McManus too much) began at Stockport, before being immediately being snapped up by Hibs for peanuts. After one season north of the border, we brought him back to develop in the U-18s. Terrible luck with injuries meant he got a taste of first team football in the FA Cup final, where he promptly scored the opener. Several seasons on, he's still not the finished article, but looks most likely to reach the very top.

Current Strike Rate: 70 goals in 206 games (0.340)

Christian Moreno, the odd one out having been bought latest at 22 years old for £22m at the bequest of my whiney Argentinian midfielder, and the only foreign forward. Think Yaya Sanogo or Nicolas Anelka, and you'll be about there. Capable of fantastic football, an incredible number of goals, and the most infuriating attitude. His favourite trick is to be complacent and disinterested until he reaches the 5th or 6th game without scoring, then his confidence is suddenly so shot that he couldn't score even if he tried.

Current Strike Rate: 45 goals in 95 games (0.474)

The newest recruit is Jamie Davenport. He joined on loan during a striker crisis last season, and did extremely well. After a £12m transfer, he was our top scorer in the league in his debut season. His versatility and work rate are key components in being a strike partner, hopefully eventualy alongside...

Current Strike Rate: 22 goals in 68 games (0.324)

VictorEzehProfile_Attributes-2.png

Victor Ezeh. Since none of them quite reach my ludicrosly high standards for your top strikers, that leaves all the pressure on this English/Nigerian youngster. He's had limited opportunities so far, but has had flashes of ability. Plus, his surname sounds brilliantly close to Easy, which I inevitably chant whenever he scores. A product of the academy, he spent last season on loan at Blackburn, netting 13 Premier League goals in 30 games. I have no doubt he will become my most prolific scorer - I wouldn't let an academy player this good ever leave.

Current Strike Rate: 9 goals in 53 games (0.170)

Nice post Tom_15390. Enjoyed reading that. Are your top scorers always set up as poachers or advanced forwards with a striker partner then?

What do people find is the best tactical set-up for their striker? In a two or even a three maybe? What role and duty etc.? Quite interested to know.

Personally, my man Michael Vermeer is a poacher and I always give him a complete forward (support) alongside him.

Personally, my man Michael Vermeer is a poacher and I always give him a complete forward (support) alongside him.

I've watched your threads crop up about poachers and whatnot (and Vermeer, obviously!). It changes on a season-by-season basis for me. Generally, I'll go for the complete forward in one slot, then the other varies depending on who I've got. Over the past few seasons I've had a advanced forward, a poacher, even a defensive forward at one point. In the Championship, I went for a front 3.. can't remember the exact detaills but there was definitely a poacher in the middle and two hard workers either side of him to get the assists.

I do have one defensive minded formation with a target man and an inside forward in the hole behind him, and that seems to work pretty well too.

Archived