Patch Speculation - There's no point in discussing it...but...

It won't be this week. It might be next week. Please note the use of the word "might", meaning "maybe, and we'd like it to be, but we're only going to release it when we're happy with it", not meaning "will".

I now won't be looking at this thread until next Monday, when I'll give a further update.

Thanks for the update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so who's CA/PA do people think will be bumped up/down the most with the new patch??

I'm guessing Andy Carroll, Wilshere, Albrighton, Ciaran Clark, Smalling, Lindegaard will be some of those improved.

Maybe Torres should be decreased after a very long spell of bad form (and coz i hate Chelsea haha).

Gutted that Ronaldo will be gone!!:(

This thread is walking a dangerously close line to being closed. It's not coming out tonight, it'll be out when it's ready and we'll announce when it's ready on this forum first. We cannot and unfortunately will not give a definitive date until it is ready so please don't ask. We'd rather take our time and try to make sure there are no issues whatsoever than release it too early. Yes I know it's frustrating waiting for something, but please try and do it in a civil manner. Cheers.

your attitude isn't much better than anyone else here that is being a jerk.

Is Miles throwing a Curve Ball?????? My heart says tomorrow but my head says next week. Hope my heart is right.

Seriously ?! People lament SI for not coming on here and giving information, and when they do, it is apparently some code or perhaps a "curve ball" .

How is the guy supposed to get word out if everything he says is over analysed ?! The man has taken the time to come on here and say they are aiming for next week. If i were you i would just accept that and expect a release at some point next week - anything sooner is a bonus.

Seriously ?! People lament SI for not coming on here and giving information, and when they do, it is apparently some code or perhaps a "curve ball" .

How is the guy supposed to get word out if everything he says is over analysed ?! The man has taken the time to come on here and say they are aiming for next week. If i were you i would just accept that and expect a release at some point next week - anything sooner is a bonus.

Please lighten up. This is a speculation discussion. It is meant to be fun.

Weird that Miles first said that patch will be delayed by a day because the mess about the attack from Greek forum. Then he said that it's not going to be released this week. It seems like they were going to release it pretty soon firstly. And then it's delayed at least for a week...?

(Sorry for my english)

or alternatively if people like you weren't around to hound them they'd be left in peace

Yes, lets not hound people for a patch to make a game that I bought near enough 4 months ago, enjoyable. Where does anyone get off with comments like that. I paid £30 cash and have played about 10 20 hours maximum. An absolute disgrace.

or alternatively if people like you weren't around to hound them they'd be left in peace

Yes, lets not hound people for a patch to make a game, that I bought close on 4 months ago, better. Where do people get off with comments like this?. I paid £30 for this game and its nearly March and I have played between 10-20 hours at the most of this awful installment. Its a disgrace. Even if this patch fixes 90 percent of the bugs, I am still hugely annoyed at having to wait so long for the game to become playable. NEVER again will I buy on release. I will wait until the final patch is released and save some money in the process. I hope most people do the same.

Yes, lets not hound people for a patch to make a game, that I bought close on 4 months ago, better. Where do people get off with comments like this?. I paid £30 for this game and its nearly March and I have played between 10-20 hours at the most of this awful installment. Its a disgrace. Even if this patch fixes 90 percent of the bugs, I am still hugely annoyed at having to wait so long for the game to become playable. NEVER again will I buy on release. I will wait until the final patch is released and save some money in the process. I hope most people do the same.

most people won't do the same because most people are enjoying the game.

It won't be this week. It might be next week. Please note the use of the word "might", meaning "maybe, and we'd like it to be, but we're only going to release it when we're happy with it", not meaning "will".

I now won't be looking at this thread until next Monday, when I'll give a further update.

Well, at least I have one week to do my homework for the rest of the year then ;)

Right guys, now we are done, lets pitch up on the Codemasters site and badger them for a Patch for F1, that lets the races be cancelled for rioting!

We will all meet up back here at 00.01 on the 28th Feb 2011!

Last one there is a Southampton Supporter!!! Keep the world patching guys!!!!

Yeah, thats why their have been tons of threads complaining about the game.

I'm not saying there aren't problems but a lot of people making threads about bugs are trying to improve the game and provide constructive criticism because they want it to be better. The big difference is most of these issues don't annoy people as much as they've clearly annoyed you.

Really?, I have my own business thanks and I have never stood for customers giving abuse to either myself or my staff.

If you regularly take abuse from customers do you not consider this an issue? Have you taken the matter up with your supervisor/manager? Does the company have guidelines on how to deal with the abuse?

I work for Sky so they do have guidelines, unfortunately they are rarely adhered to. I take a hard stance on it and don't accept it but unfortunately I still have to stand for all sorts of abuse. I have raised up to my manager but the big problem is customers fill in a form about there time with us which affects my bonus and the one's who have had a good rant are generally more likely to do this it seems.

I understand where SI is coming from. I think its better to release it later instead of rushing it and then maybe missing one or two things and then people will be moaning once again then having to bring out another hotfix patch at a later time, keep up the good work SI and Miles you are a legend. :)

Just stop moaning people and when it comes you'll have nothing to moan about i'm sure.

Miles, perhaps you could update us on what problems you face with the last patch? There are lots of people on this forum with a lot of knowledge in relation to coding, we can be helpful if you can at least explain to us what exactly remains before the patch is approved for release. You should never underestimate the competence of the members here on the forum. At the same time, it would be nice if you told us what is your priority in this patch, so that we can keep the discussion going here on the forum while we wait for the patch. It would do no harm if we discuss about the patch while we wait, and expresses what we believe is the most precarious areas that needs attention in the new patch.

Miles, perhaps you could update us on what problems you face with the last patch? There are lots of people on this forum with a lot of knowledge in relation to coding, we can be helpful if you can at least explain to us what exactly remains before the patch is approved for release. You should never underestimate the competence of the members here on the forum. At the same time, it would be nice if you told us what is your priority in this patch, so that we can keep the discussion going here on the forum while we wait for the patch. It would do no harm if we discuss about the patch while we wait, and expresses what we believe is the most precarious areas that needs attention in the new patch.

Yeah I can just see Miles and the team handing over all the info about the patch to a bunch of unpaid amateurs on here. Thanks but no thanks.

Lets leave it to them, its what they get paid for.

Well ,i am getting started with this.

Spent a large part of today dealing with some people attacking me from a Greek forum about something I didn't say. We all want the data update for FM to be released (I might get some sleep then), but we'll only release it when we're happy with it. Personal attacks on personal Facebook pages, or personal Twitter accounts will not be tolerated.

Ironically, any likelyhood of the patch coming out is now delayed by a day just from sorting out the mess left behind from the attack.

I can't realise that you spent so much time to delete the posts at fb! I wasn't between the people who attacked you at fb,twitter but i want to express my apologies for that! It's a shame to attack people for a game.

But it's not only a game! We are the buyers and you are the seller. (I am not tell people to attack but i want to make myself clear and my opinions also.) It's ridiculous to blame and punish (blame people for attacking you at fb,twitter & punish people who didn't do anything!) people..

I am playing FM (or CM if you want) from CM01/02. I think that you don't respect us by giving such cheap excuses for the delay of patch. I understand that you want to make it perfect but you should take out a fix at least for tactics bugs which makes the game unplayble!

I had spent plenty of hours at FM and i gave plenty of money for FM,FML. I don't deserve that behaviour i think.

We are supporting you all over these years. Don't treat us like this way! You can tell us that you have problems and believe me that we all understand this. But it's not excuse that 4-5 greeks trolls you at fb,twitter for delaying the patch. You show no respect to the other people who bought the game from the 1st DAY and supports you all these years.

I hope that you understand that i am not attacking you. I express my SELF and only ME (not greek forum , no one else)! I am complaining for this situation and the behaviour + cheap excuses.

Thanks for reading this. If you reading this.. I hope :)

Αdvice 1 : Don't go against your buyers and give blame on them. It's a silly cause you will fall at sales.

Yeah I can just see Miles and the team handing over all the info about the patch to a bunch of unpaid amateurs on here. Thanks but no thanks.

Lets leave it to them, its what they get paid for.

Wise guy, chill a little. First, you dont know all members on this forum and about their knowledge, thus you can not verify your assumptions. Level of competence can surprise you. Second, no one was talking about handling over anything, I`m just trying to involve the rest of cummunity in a product that we actualy have paid for, technically we own this product as much as they do. If they are stuck with a problem, it could be usefull for us and SI if we knew what a problem is, and maybe come up with solution. We are all in the same situation here, both SI and the customers want this patch to be one fine product released as soon as posible. In the end, it would not be first time members of this forum showing that they have more competence then the SI employees – it has happend before. At the same time, cooperation and communication creates stronger ties between SI and their customers, as well as mutual respect.

It is intersting though, as people have pointed out, that your full of information prior to release, in the form of blogs, tweets and threads. But when the money is in the bank its back to 'its out when its out' regarding the patch. No daily blogs to let the loyal fans that have already purchased the game how things are coming along. Not even a weekly blog. No nothing until BANG its on the forum. Surely you can see that from a customers point of view it looks like we are being fobbed off once the money has been handed over. If anybody deserves information its these people that bought the game on release (nearly 4 months ago), that are still waiting for this 3rd patch to start a decent save.

Thanks for the news anyway :thup:

Stevo, I could take issue with a lot of this, but I won't, this thread doesn't need my input to go into car crash, it was there long ago.

I will however remind you that in all that info (blogs etc) prior to release, Miles clearly stated the patching strategy and approx timings. They haven't deviated from any of that. If I was them I'd close all these inane threads and just open a sticky with that in it and be done with it.

Cheap excuse of delaying the patch? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I think too many people here feel like they are entitled to get the patch ASAP(read: spoiled), patches and bug fixing isn't something that can be done with the snap of a finger, when you fix a bug, 5 other could pop up just the same, i don't think I'm the only one who would rather wait for a COMPLETELY finished product that they can assure that is as finished as it can be. Honestly at this point, i would rather there would be NO patch, just so you bunch of silly 12 year olds would shut the hell up, they don't HAVE to release the patch, yet you moan about them trying to finish the patch up so that it can be released in an optimal or near-optimal state. But hey, even then people would never look at themselves and think "hey, maybe i did moan too much" and it would just achieve nothing but lost sales, meh.

Grow the heck up. Patch is going to come out when it's finished.

Wise guy, chill a little. First, you dont know all members on this forum and about their knowledge, thus you can not verify your assumptions. Level of competence can surprise you. Second, no one was talking about handling over anything, I`m just trying to involve the rest of cummunity in a product that we actualy have paid for, technically we own this product as much as they do. If they are stuck with a one problem, it could be usefull for us to know what a problem is, and maybe come up with solution. We are all in the same situation here, both SI and the customers want this patch to be one fine product released as soon as posible. In the end, it would not be first time members of this forum showing that they have more competence then the SI employees – it has happend before. At the same time, cooperation creates stronger ties between SI and their customers, as well as mutual respect.

Firstly I am pleased you have recognised my wiseness. Well done.

I am however completely chilled. I'm playing FM11 (don't listen to the hyperbole, its perfectly playable) and cruising the forum. In bed. Doesn't get much more chilled.

If you want to be involved, then volunteer for beta testing next time they ask.

As for owning the product as much as they do? No we don't, we own a licence to play the game, we don't own jack. Unless you have a dvd copy. In which case you own a dvd case and a dvd which allows you the licence to play their game.

The community works well as it is. There is plenty of co operation already.

If they were to produce a list of the issues there would then be fights about what certain consumers vs others see as priorities and you would then get factions advocating one fix over another and the only result would be carnage in the forums and SI then being no closer to knowing what is or isn't a priority.

I'd sooner leave the prioritising and fixing and all the game making in their court.

Cheers.

I dont care how long they take to release it. I just want it to be near perfection. I.e, no game breaking bugs (tactic bug, manager reputation bug etc), and just a smoothed out ME.

I find making a decent tactic impossible with this game, as a perfect tactic for 4 games, is for the rubbish a few games later. I know FM is trying to get more realistic, but at the end of the day its a game, and if you spend hours making a tactic, theres no reason why it shouldnt give you success for years and years. I dont have time for tweaking tactics after and during games. I work 6 days a week, have a mortgage, and stress from the wife :p.

I need FM to give me the happiness I need with a great save (something I havent had since FM 07) lol. Listen up SI!!! Get rid of these silly and repetitive press conferences, they just waste time. Unless you master press conferences, match preparation, get them OUT of the game, They just waste time

Stevo, I could take issue with a lot of this, but I won't, this thread doesn't need my input to go into car crash, it was there long ago.

I will however remind you that in all that info (blogs etc) prior to release, Miles clearly stated the patching strategy and approx timings. They haven't deviated from any of that. If I was them I'd close all these inane threads and just open a sticky with that in it and be done with it.

The statement referred to is here http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Exclusive-Football-Manager-2011-blog-with-Miles-Jacobson-day-18-Upcoming-patches-revealed-and-check-out-our-anti-racism-podcast-article610699.html and is completely unambiguous.

Cheap excuse of delaying the patch? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I think too many people here feel like they are entitled to get the patch ASAP(read: spoiled), patches and bug fixing isn't something that can be done with the snap of a finger, when you fix a bug, 5 other could pop up just the same, i don't think I'm the only one who would rather wait for a COMPLETELY finished product that they can assure that is as finished as it can be. Honestly at this point, i would rather there would be NO patch, just so you bunch of silly 12 year olds would shut the hell up, they don't HAVE to release the patch, yet you moan about them trying to finish the patch up so that it can be released in an optimal or near-optimal state. But hey, even then people would never look at themselves and think "hey, maybe i did moan too much" and it would just achieve nothing but lost sales, meh.

Grow the heck up. Patch is going to come out when it's finished.

Are you drinking anything bro? If you drink anything and it's good give some for us... Read my post again and you will see WHAT i am telling cheap excuses. Cheap excuses = Blame 4-5 greek people for delaying patch if you don't know how to read.

I don't want patch asap. But i want a fix ASAP cause i can't play FM .. cause we have a huge TACTIC bug. If you don't see it then i can't do anything for this.

You don't understand anything that i am saying.

This thread is hilarious. The level of hostility towards SI is laughable. They said the patch will be out in Feb, early March. Now, according to my calender, it is still February. The patch will be out when it's ready, if it is released and there are any kind of problems, the same people that have been crying on this thread will be the first to criticise SI for releasing a sub standard patch. I know this may seem strange to some people but IT'S ONLY A GAME. Get on with your lives. If it gets to the second week of March and goes past the timescale SI originally outlined, then you have a reason to moan.

Yes i am, as you said, he blamed 4-5 greek people for the delay of the patch, and you know what? I find that a good enough excuse to cancel the patch all together, people need to shut up and do something else, if you get to a point where FM is a drug to you, well, that's a bit of an issue, the patch will come out when it's done, stated many times over, yet people STILL complain(not just those 4-5 greeks, mind you).

The only part of the post that was targeted at you was the beginning, which we both provided our opinion on now and that is that :), the rest of it goes out to everyone in this thread and anywhere that is complaining about this patch being "delayed"(did we actually get a release date though? NO, IT HASN'T BEEN LATE OR DELAYED, USE YOUR BRAINS). Either way, I'm hoping the patch will come out fairly soon as well, but i'd rather have it come out in a week and with ONE more fixed bug, than now with that bug still not being fixed.

Firstly I am pleased you have recognised my wiseness. Well done.

I am however completely chilled. I'm playing FM11 (don't listen to the hyperbole, its perfectly playable) and cruising the forum. In bed. Doesn't get much more chilled.

If you want to be involved, then volunteer for beta testing next time they ask.

As for owning the product as much as they do? No we don't, we own a licence to play the game, we don't own jack. Unless you have a dvd copy. In which case you own a dvd case and a dvd which allows you the licence to play their game.

The community works well as it is. There is plenty of co operation already.

If they were to produce a list of the issues there would then be fights about what certain consumers vs others see as priorities and you would then get factions advocating one fix over another and the only result would be carnage in the forums and SI then being no closer to knowing what is or isn't a priority.

I'd sooner leave the prioritising and fixing and all the game making in their court.

Cheers.

First of all, just the fact that you laying in the bed in the middle of the day explains everything about you. Second, your assamption that FM11 is perfectly playable is your subjective opinion, many here on forum does not agree with you. So you dont need to **** on everybody else just because you are satisfied with a product. Third, I said that we “technically” own the the product, wich means without the customers that would not be SI or FM. And yes, as a customers we have rights. Fourth, community here on forum doesnt work as it should, and both cooperation and communication between management and members could have been much better. Fifth, you dont know a jack about my involvment as beta tester, this is the third time you are making statements that are pure speculation. Sixht, I didnt ask them to release full list of changes they have made, I just ask what is causing the delay and if we could help. I dont know if you have notice but the fight between the members about what should be prioritized in the next pach has taken place since FM 11 was released, I do not think you need to worry about the intensification. And as the last one, I realy dont care what they do, it was just innocent questions I sent to Miles in light of the postponement as he has announced. I have more important things to do.

First of all, just the fact that you laying in the bed in the middle of the day explains everything about you. Second, your assamption that FM11 is perfectly playable is your subjective opinion, many here on forum does not agree with you. So you dont need to **** on everybody else just because you are satisfied with a product. Third, I said that we “technically” own the the product, wich means without the customers that would not be SI or FM. And yes, as a customers we have rights. Fourth, community here on forum doesnt work as it should, and both cooperation and communication between management and members could have been much better. Fifth, you dont know a jack about my involvment as beta tester, this is the third time you are making statements that are pure speculation. Sixht, I didnt ask them to release full list of changes they have made, I just ask what is causing the delay and if we could help. I dont know if you have notice but the fight between the members about what should be prioritized in the next pach has taken place since FM 11 was released, I do not think you need to worry about the intensification. And as the last one, I realy dont care what they do, it was just innocent questions I sent to Miles in light of the postponement as he has announced. I have more important things to do.

Ok then. You want to play the punk then so be it.

I am in bed in the middle of the day because I am recovering from a severe illness. I am very much better now thanks for asking. Well done for assuming that I'm unemployed or whatever you obnoxious **** wit or that it says anything at all about me. But just to point out that there are a lot of valid reasons for being in bed in the middle of the day. That is pretty much the most annoying thing that anyone has ever said to me on these forums. ****.

I never said I was perfectly happy with FM just that it was playable. Now who's making assumptions? There are big problems that need fixing, just none of them 'break' the game ( I realise and appreciate that some unfortunates have crash issues, my sympathies to those)

The community works fine. Show me how it doesn't?

I said if you want to be involved then be a beta tester, if you are already then good for you. That was not speculation. It was advice on how to 'get involved'

Yes as a customer you have rights but I don't see what anyone gains from them opening up their patch to you.

Anyway. Take care.

You guys: See you all next monday! I´m hoping there will be some goods news...!

here in greece we have some **** football managers so we want to play the game because our eyes are hurting by the selections managers do

that's why some people become so hostile and impatient while waiting for the patch

thats no excuse for abusing a person on his twitter and facebook accounts, nothing at all to do with this game can excuse disgusting behaviour like that and what we have seen on this thread.

Hey - I don't make the decisions - I'm just reporting what I know...:) SI do it the way they want to do it. I think it's pretty clear that there are an element of the audience who would like more info, but that's never changed the way they've done stuff. Miles and Neil come in here when they feel they have something to say.

I'm just managing expectations - in my experience, you won't see them in here updating every day.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want or expect an update every day if there is nothing new to tell. Actually, what Miles just did is fine - "It won't be out this week, but next week is a possibility. More info on Monday".

It just needs to be more visible (having its own sticky and locked patch thread for example) and needs to be consistent (like being updated every Monday). Then people can easily find the information they're after and they know what to expect and when to expect it - which will hopefully kill of a lot of the speculation and unrest. And it would only take 5-10 minutes of Miles' time every Monday.

Personally I would like a bit more information about what they're working on and what the issues are. But that's because I take a keen interest in FM from a game design perspective as well.

Archived