Patch Speculation - There's no point in discussing it...but...

Of course I am too,can't wait to try and win the treble again with Inter Milan :D

But I just wish people would stop insulting me,and others,just because we dare complain about the game having bugs and the patch being released in March.

But you should't be really moaning about patch been releaded in march as that was part of the timeline from day 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyways, i have been a lurker in the forum for years now, but I have only registered now and posted something and there is a chance I might get a straight red along with the thread, if so, I am sorry to the thread starter. I hope they would let you start another one.

So you lurk for years and choose your 1st post as a time to attack me? Well done. Welcome to the party pal. Or is it an alias?

You are way off base with your attack, if you've been lurking so much you'll see that I don't brown nose and will criticise and praise when each is due. What I don't do is sit there and take it when people attack me or are just completely unreasonable.

Before today I hadn't even been in this forum for months so I really do think you are disturbed.

Anyway. **** off. ****.

But you should't be really moaning about patch been releaded in march as that was part of the timeline from day 1

First time I came on the forum to check,it was "last 2 weeks of February".

And anyway,one should be able to discuss how it SEEMS like it's a bit too long a wait without having to be labelled "kid","fake user" or even "****ing idiot" like milnerpoint did a few posts before.

And anyway,one should be able to discuss how it SEEMS like it's a bit too long a wait without having to be labelled "kid","fake user" or even "****ing idiot" like milnerpoint did a few posts before.

No its always been mid feb early march from day 1 like i said, and im not picking sides here but you've posted your fair share of rude post aswell

Firstly, get well soon Edgar. Health is everything. I don't think I'd have time to post here if I had a serious illness, nor indeed would I worry about patches or the like. I think if you wanted this thread closed, you could have simply asked the mods to do so.

Thanks for your concern. I'll take your advice on how I should rehab under advisement thanks.

the patch has ALWAYS been scheduled for the end of feb start of march, its been like that since before the game was launched.

were you involved in the personal attacks? If so then yes it was directed at you for that action.

No its always been mid feb early march from day 1 like i said, and im not picking sides here but you've posted your fair share of rude post aswell

I never insulted anyone just for having a different opinion! At the most,I replied to posts like the one on this page. If you have examples of me insulting people,I'd love to see 'em...

On my second day on this forum I had to have a mod intervene so that a couple of guys,milnerpoint included,would stop calling me a fake. That's just because I was saying "that's a long time for a patch to come out,couldn't they release the DB first and then the fixes".

This is a forum,people are supposed to DISCUSS. And this is a thread about speculating on the patch,so we might as well talk about the patch,its release date,what it might or might not fix,and our overall opinion on how SI handle the patch system! Some people,instead,would just want this to be a "thank you SI for releasing a patch,love your game,keep up the good work" thingy,which would be pretty pathetic and false.

OMG you lot LEAVE IT OUT!

Remember what this thread is here for - PATCH SPECULATION.

Call me forum police all you like but the bollXX above just isn't wanted or needed.

To be honest, I think if a mod were to close this now that may be a good thing now as Miles has been big enough to post on here and tell us a bit more, so we can all speculate that the patch will be out next week or later.

This was only ever meant to be a place for light-hearted banter about release dates and crazy theories about why it would be on this or that day...

But as usual, some of you just can't help yourselves and away yuou go with insults and abuse, tit for tat playground nonesense...

Can't you just PM each other and leave the thread to people who wanna read nice and funny things?

Some people,instead,would just want this to be a "thank you SI for releasing a patch,love your game,keep up the good work" thingy,which would be pretty pathetic and false.

Some people are just greatfull for what we have and work that go's in perfect or not, nothing false or pathetic about that

whats pathetic is how people make this game and its patches to be a matter of life or death

Some people are just greatfull for what we have and work that go's in perfect or not, nothing false or pathetic about that

whats pathetic is how people make this game and its patches to be a matter of life or death

What's pathetic is wanting all people to think alike,and having zero discussion...

So you lurk for years and choose your 1st post as a time to attack me? Well done. Welcome to the party pal. Or is it an alias?

You are way off base with your attack, if you've been lurking so much you'll see that I don't brown nose and will criticise and praise when each is due. What I don't do is sit there and take it when people attack me or are just completely unreasonable.

Before today I hadn't even been in this forum for months so I really do think you are disturbed.

Anyway. **** off. ****.

edgar every time i see you on a thread you are having a right old ding dong with someone please chill out

miles you deserve a holiday with all this stick you have been getting you keep up all the hard work :p

SI just need to be better at keeping people informed of where things are at. A simple, 'look folks, we're working as hard as we can on the new patch. Please bear

with us while we sort it. We promise it will be with you as soon as we're 100% happy with it. Until then we appreciate and thank you for your patience.'

Not hard that is it?

edgar every time i see you on a thread you are having a right old ding dong with someone please chill out

I don't ask for it. People take objection to what I say and the sometimes blunt manner in which I communicate my points. But its not like I'm the only person in the world like that. But anyway he launched an unprovoked attack on me for no apparent reason. He only signed up to do that it appears. So I think that was justified. If a little harsh at the end.

As someone who has worked in the games industry i have to say that this gen of games has shown me why i got out of the industry in the first place. Far too many developers now are more than happy to release a half finished product for full price and then turn around and say "oh we'll patch it eventually" and in some cases they don't even have the decency to do that because what do they care, they've got your money already and they rely on misguided loyal fans of the series to defend it for them.

I'm amazed at how many consumers are willing to accept basically getting ripped off. Maybe i should go into the building industry, tell someone i'll do their kitchen, knock up a few rickety shelves, a few cupboards where the door falls off and then tell the customer "oh i'll be back in 5 months to fix it" i wonder how many people would be willing to accept that as well, apparently quite a few judging by this thread.

Finally while i don't condone any type of personal attacks i can't believe a deadline was actually delayed because of having to deal with such things, that is one of the most unprofessional things i've ever heard. You know how you deal with that which takes all of 5 seconds? You shut down your twitter and get back to work, never heard anything so ridiculous and i've worked in a company where we were told to ignore certain bugs and glitches because it'd take too much time and effort to fix. You put out an announcement and get back to work, if little kids want to start throwing their toys out the pram then let them, you don't need to read the comments and answer them, you're not putting anything up that will get you good feedback for future games so there's no need to go through it. Just smacks of an excuse rather than a reason to me

No one as to think alike so not sure were your getting that from but there's a way in which to act about it

You're not getting my point. I was saying that people are getting labelled for complaining about the game - be it bugs,release date,SI's comunication. Anything.

Now,on a forum you discuss...so why does one have to be labelled all the time? You think the game is playable,user Y doesn't,just let him be! Don't treat him like some spoilt kid only because he believes the bugs are too serious,or because he is criticizing any aspect of the game.

BTW,I am honestly tired of having to get in a "crawl" every time on this topic...enough OT. Just hope that milnerpoint stops acting more arrogantly than The Special One (who,at least,can afford it). :)

I don't ask for it. People take objection to what I say and the sometimes blunt manner in which I communicate my points. But its not like I'm the only person in the world like that. But anyway he launched an unprovoked attack on me for no apparent reason. He only signed up to do that it appears. So I think that was justified. If a little harsh at the end.

Justified?

How?

And more to the point, how in this particular thread, given that what you and several others have been typing, all of which was waaaay off the original topic suggestion.

Like I've said, PM someone instead of being a thread keyboard warrior

As someone who has worked in the games industry i have to say that this gen of games has shown me why i got out of the industry in the first place. Far too many developers now are more than happy to release a half finished product for full price and then turn around and say "oh we'll patch it eventually" and in some cases they don't even have the decency to do that because what do they care, they've got your money already and they rely on misguided loyal fans of the series to defend it for them.

I'm amazed at how many consumers are willing to accept basically getting ripped off. Maybe i should go into the building industry, tell someone i'll do their kitchen, knock up a few rickety shelves, a few cupboards where the door falls off and then tell the customer "oh i'll be back in 5 months to fix it" i wonder how many people would be willing to accept that as well, apparently quite a few judging by this thread.

Finally while i don't condone any type of personal attacks i can't believe a deadline was actually delayed because of having to deal with such things, that is one of the most unprofessional things i've ever heard. You know how you deal with that which takes all of 5 seconds? You shut down your twitter and get back to work, never heard anything so ridiculous and i've worked in a company where we were told to ignore certain bugs and glitches because it'd take too much time and effort to fix. You put out an announcement and get back to work, if little kids want to start throwing their toys out the pram then let them, you don't need to read the comments and answer them, you're not putting anything up that will get you good feedback for future games so there's no need to go through it. Just smacks of an excuse rather than a reason to me

Well said ;)

Prepare to be crucified now,though.

Well if you worked in the games industry you of all people should know how hard it is to make a game and keep everyone happy its impossible

And im not taking a swipe at you even though it may sound like i am but it dose my head in when people use the old examples of if i built a house or if you bought a car etc, its totally irrelevant and a totally different argument

Justified?

How?

And more to the point, how in this particular thread, given that what you and several others have been typing, all of which was waaaay off the original topic suggestion.

Like I've said, PM someone instead of being a thread keyboard warrior

When I contributed, an admittedly slightly humorous comment on topic I was attacked. Since then I've done nothing in here other than defend myself. And now I do it again.

I take it (and cba to check) that you are the thread starter? What were you really expecting opening this thread in this forum? Its a car crash waiting to happen. How its still open is an absolute bloody mystery.

But anyway back on topic.

The patch will come when its ready (I'm guessing its this kind of what I call reasonable comments, that get me attacked and called 'fanboi'). It always has it always will.

Now if everyone goes back to the blogs before launch before you all paid your hard earned money, before I paid my money. Go back to those blogs and Miles talks about the patch strategy and says final patch in feb/march.

So to me, that means that we, the people, can only get arsey and demanding about a patch on April 1st. Til then they haven't broken any promises and let anyone down. Its as simple as that. If you all calm down and think about it.

It's actually a very apt comparison, if you've paid for a product or service, you expect it to be in 100% full working order. If it's not then you as a consumer have the right to complain and to get it fixed.

I am very well aware of how hard it is to make a game and the pressures people get put under. That's why you as a developer don't put yourself under any more unnecessary stress. Put up an announcement and then get back to work, simple.

When I contributed, an admittedly slightly humorous comment on topic I was attacked. Since then I've done nothing in here other than defend myself. And now I do it again.

I take it (and cba to check) that you are the thread starter? What were you really expecting opening this thread in this forum? Its a car crash waiting to happen. How its still open is an absolute bloody mystery.

But anyway back on topic.

The patch will come when its ready (I'm guessing its this kind of what I call reasonable comments, that get me attacked and called 'fanboi'). It always has it always will.

Now if everyone goes back to the blogs before launch before you all paid your hard earned money, before I paid my money. Go back to those blogs and Miles talks about the patch strategy and says final patch in feb/march.

So to me, that means that we, the people, can only get arsey and demanding about a patch on April 1st. Til then they haven't broken any promises and let anyone down. Its as simple as that. If you all calm down and think about it.

Fair enough, wasn't having a direct pop at you, just fed up that so many threads end up being a bag of *****.

It won't be this week. It might be next week. Please note the use of the word "might", meaning "maybe, and we'd like it to be, but we're only going to release it when we're happy with it", not meaning "will".

I now won't be looking at this thread until next Monday, when I'll give a further update.

Cheers nobody needs to ask now do they

It's actually a very apt comparison, if you've paid for a product or service, you expect it to be in 100% full working order. If it's not then you as a consumer have the right to complain and to get it fixed.

I am very well aware of how hard it is to make a game and the pressures people get put under. That's why you as a developer don't put yourself under any more unnecessary stress. Put up an announcement and then get back to work, simple.

If your refering to the patch in the last part of your post how many times and how many ways can "we hope to have the patch out mid feb early march" be said

What can I say edgar555, disgraceful-macho-geek-jocks such as yourself bring it out in me. Someone needs to tell you that you are just foul to some people on here. Do you feel you are right because you are defending SI? or that because you are fighting for SI's cause, you have them as your shield? Why the disgraceful attitude to people that feel different to you? Darling, you need to get off that high and mighty pony of yours. At least spare me the "but he said this first" talk, you get what you give. Don't think you are any better Miss Edgar.

I'm referring to a studio director of a company getting involved in petty internet wars instead of finishing his product.

You put your announcement up "Mid feb to early march" and then leave it at that and get back to work, you don't need to say anything else until it's finished or mid march if there's still nothing out and you definitely don't need to spend a day in the production cycle answering personal attacks.

In my last post I mentioned the blogs that were released prior to game release that stated their patching strategy. That to me suggests that they knew it wasn't 100% and by announcing this the customer therefore knows. Simple. Not the same at all as a building job. I realise this is dependent on the consumer reading the blogs but I'd wager a fair percentage did. Plus anyone who's ever bought a previous FM game will know that they are always patched. Its the way it is. If more people carry out their threat of not buying til the final patch things may change, but as you well know its not just SI, its the whole industry and I don't think this forum can effect an industry wide rethink of releases and patching. Shame.

What can I say edgar555, disgraceful-macho-geek-jocks such as yourself bring it out in me. Someone needs to tell you that you are just foul to some people on here. Do you feel you are right because you are defending SI? or that because you are fighting for SI's cause, you have them as your shield? Why the disgraceful attitude to people that feel different to you? Darling, you need to get off that high and mighty pony of yours. At least spare me the "but he said this first" talk, you get what you give. Don't think you are any better Miss Edgar.

Who are you? What are you on about? You really are deluded. You did attack me first, its clear, it was your first post, there was no way I could have started on you. You are a complete and utter mentalist. Seek help. Immediate medical help.

Archived