Patch Speculation - There's no point in discussing it...but...

SI could easily have avoided most of this IF they wanted...They could just say that it is scheduled on 28 feb, and just keep us updated on the progress.

YOU GET THE PICTURE

or alternatively if people like you weren't around to hound them they'd be left in peace

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol Is all I can say to that

you were using an analogy that didnt stand up at all.

i told you this, because if you were going to use this as a reasoned arguement, you wouldnt have got very far.

i apologise for saying you had half a brain. you obviously have a full brain to be able to live and use the internet. you have shown thus far that you are able to confidently use many different areas of your brain including motor skills, emotion and opinion. try and utilise more areas fully, like reasoning.

come on people, lets get to page 13!

This is just like when my wife was up the duff with my first son and she went a week over the due date. Got to the due date and nothing he comes a week later - this is why si dont give us a due date I remember what it was like when the due date came and the little man had decided not he did that he did not want to enter this world yet I was gutted lol

Whats the point?

No one has said you don't have a right to list your issues with the game but the manner in which you have done it borders on abusing other members of the forum/SI.

If you walked into a shop and treated the staff that way you'll be thrown out or be talking to the police, why do you think you should get away with it on a forum?

The call centre I work in I am regularly abused by customers and yet no one has had to speak to the police. I think you live in a bubble where customer service is all please's and thank you's.

Jeez. General Discussion, the front door to SI's forums and top of the pile for days is this little bitchfest descending further into the hands of trolls by the hour.

Bad idea this, gives newcomers the wrong impression.

Exactly - if this thread is closed though, the majority of people who post on here in good humour about what it's supposed to be about lose out and have nowhere else to post!

Please people, just keep to light-hearted humour or responsible comments.

Exactly - if this thread is closed though, the majority of people who post on here in good humour about what it's supposed to be about lose out and have nowhere else to post!

Please people, just keep to light-hearted humour or responsible comments.

Well said. Speculative frivolity in moist anticipation of the update is lovely, the bickering and sniping at SI is pointless, futile, petty and incredibly childish.

The call centre I work in I am regularly abused by customers and yet now one has had to speak to the police. I think you live in a bubble where customer service is all please's and thank you's.

Really?, I have my own business thanks and I have never stood for customers giving abuse to either myself or my staff.

If you regularly take abuse from customers do you not consider this an issue? Have you taken the matter up with your supervisor/manager? Does the company have guidelines on how to deal with the abuse?

PLEASE PEOPLE - STICK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC WHICH IS PATCH SPECULATION

NOTHING ELSE!

We've already been warned that this thread will be closed and this was initially a pretty damn good thread with good posts and light-hearted humourous theories on when the patch was to be released...

STICK TO THE TOPIC!

Hopefully Its released on Monday 28th seeing as they mostly quoted "Last 2 weeks of Feb", So wouldn't want to make anyone mad by releasing in march.

Would rather they kept finding responses on these forums about problems encountered in the prev versions than release some half assed rush job because of pressure from players.

Hey go back to early gaming, You'd be lucky if you didn't have to pay for a totally new game to get any updates, Or have to wait for a game every year.

I know that annoyed me on LMA Manager ps2 where people moved around on loan, Or in the Jan window.

I'm guessing this week. If I start a new game, it will come the next day and I'll have to restart. If I don't it will take a month.. Because thats just my luck. Maybe I should start a new game anyway.

• SI Staff
I dont hate miles or SI i just think a little update on when its coming out like might be this week peeps or its next week peeps. it would be a big help

It won't be this week. It might be next week. Please note the use of the word "might", meaning "maybe, and we'd like it to be, but we're only going to release it when we're happy with it", not meaning "will".

I now won't be looking at this thread until next Monday, when I'll give a further update.

It won't be this week. It might be next week. Please note the use of the word "might", meaning "maybe, and we'd like it to be, but we're only going to release it when we're happy with it", not meaning "will".

I now won't be looking at this thread until next Monday, when I'll give a further update.

Never let it be said si dont listen to customers - thanks miles

The easy way to solve this mystery has evaded you ladies and gentlemen,(Greek and otherwise) much to my great surprise and disappointment. To answer the great question, buy a very big calendar and an octapus, ideally called Paul. History has shown it!

My scouting is complete chaps. I'm hoping for tomorrow, but looking forward to it in any event.

If intended, post of the thread. If not, I think Miles's post essentially cover that.

Posted it before I saw update from miles was just trying to guess the time as I was killing time until miles update now I will go back to current save until monday

thanks miles for the heads up i'll be back on here next week

Thank you for the update - from an ancient mariner of FM!

:cry:

well, at least some information.

PLEASE PEOPLE - STICK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC WHICH IS PATCH SPECULATION

NOTHING ELSE!

We've already been warned that this thread will be closed and this was initially a pretty damn good thread with good posts and light-hearted humourous theories on when the patch was to be released...

STICK TO THE TOPIC!

neenawwwnnnneee nawww forum police, anyways i got a feeling its gonna be friday night ready for the weekend.

I'll now expect hundreds of post from "usual suspects" saying that it's inconceivable that the patch will not be out this week! Miles, Miles... you will me sorry for that post! LOL

I for one am glad for the update and am glad miles has said it wont be out until its ready as we all want it t be great. I hope its monday as im off but will end up being late monday as I am working all week after that until sunday so wont get to play it much. At least we have got some news and know miles will update further monday

For people who ask "why don't we do announcements or have update threads front and centre" - SI, corporately, like to get things done and then talk about them. It's not a strategy that everyone agrees with but it's the way they do (and have always done) things.

I have a lot of sympathy for the philosophy of rather wanting to fix things than talking about them. But it wouldn't really take that much time or that many resources for Miles (or whoever's the most obvious candidate) to post a quick, official and visible update one or two times per week: "The status of the patch is so and so. Outlook is this and that. Next information update will be on Friday". No promises about deadlines have to be made, and it's clear for everyone when they can expect the next information update. It would show that SI know that all the passionate FM-fans are waiting anxiously for the patch, and that they want to be as forthcoming and communicative as they're able to within their means in order to minimize speculation and unrest. And it would make it clear that they're a solid company who are genuine about what they do and who care about their fanbase (which I know they do - they just have to show it on a more visible and consistent basis).

The interesting aspect to this is that there's a LOT of information of this kind in the weeks before the launch of a new game (all the blog updates from Miles, for example) - and surely the development team is just as busy in that period, if not more, as they are now. Yes, the incentive is different (create as much hype about the new game in order to sell as many copies as possible), but you really need to make this kind of information approach a consistent and formalized customer relations strategy, and not just something you put in motion when you're trying to sell units. Otherwise you might risk looking like you only care when you're trying to make money - and that's bad for the long term branding of any company.

And besides, doing something because "that's how we've always done it" is a recipe for disaster. The world has changed since the early 90s. But that's another discussion.

Bottom line: more transparency and information, please. It will benefit everyone.

Hey - I don't make the decisions - I'm just reporting what I know...:) SI do it the way they want to do it. I think it's pretty clear that there are an element of the audience who would like more info, but that's never changed the way they've done stuff. Miles and Neil come in here when they feel they have something to say.

I'm just managing expectations - in my experience, you won't see them in here updating every day.

Wow was this really that hard to do? If this had have been said this morning, the last 5 pages from today alone could have been avoided. When your anxiously waiting for something, even a day is a long time, never mind a week. So now at least people know its going to be at least next monday. So no need to keep pressing F5 every 10 minutes.

But seeing as this post will probably get buried in a matter of hours. I'd suggest creating a sticky with this post in it. So everybody asking when its out can be directed there to read it. Then on monday you can update. Or even thurday/friday if you have any more news by then.

It is intersting though, as people have pointed out, that your full of information prior to release, in the form of blogs, tweets and threads. But when the money is in the bank its back to 'its out when its out' regarding the patch. No daily blogs to let the loyal fans that have already purchased the game how things are coming along. Not even a weekly blog. No nothing until BANG its on the forum. Surely you can see that from a customers point of view it looks like we are being fobbed off once the money has been handed over. If anybody deserves information its these people that bought the game on release (nearly 4 months ago), that are still waiting for this 3rd patch to start a decent save.

Thanks for the news anyway :thup:

thanks alot

This is the first time I can remember getting a sensible, non patronising answer regarding patch timescales.

Thanks very much.

Archived