Patch Speculation - There's no point in discussing it...but...

Hahahahaha,so now since ONE GUY felt the urge to defend himself from a few Greek users,the patch is delayed by a day?

Just admit you're behind schedule and don't make up such BS...

Dose it matter if they are behind as its probably people like yourself that once the patch is released you'll find the slightest thing wrong then flame them for rushing the patch or not testing it propley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can i make a statement. If the patch takes soo long to make, and theres soo many issues and bugs to fix... the game should never have been released in that state in the first place. not to mention there has been a patch already AND a hotfix.... am i right or wrong? if the game was in such good working order and playable for EVERYONE as it should be from release date, a small patch should never take so long. why would they release a game thats so broken? and you cant say its not broken because if it wasnt you wouldnt have thousands of people on a forum talking about it everyday. the forum is proof that the game should never have been released in that state.. JOKE IS same thing happens EVERYYEAR. dont SI or whoever is in charge learn from mistakes?

The thing is, it's a vicious circle. SI don't find out about a lot of the bugs without the paying public 'testing' the game between the boxed version and the last patch. The paying public can vote with their wallets and not buy the game until the final patch, but the problem is then SI have lost their unofficial testers i.e. us. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I think what it proves though is how good SI are at marketing because every year, they pull us back in for more and the vast majority buy the boxed version at first release. I've been threatening not to for years, and I get pulled in with the rest of us. This year I won't be doing it, i'll be waiting for the final patch this time and won't be unofficially testing. It's the only way you're ever going to get a year's worth out of gaming out of the final version.

So thanks to those people the patch will be out later? :/

Do you guys seriously think that because ONE person couldn't work (actually,decided not to) the patch is delayed by one day?

Is that one person the only one working on the patch then??? Nice way from Miles to announce a further delay AND manage to blame it on us CUSTOMERS!

Dose it matter if they are behind as its probably people like yourself that once the patch is released you'll find the slightest thing wrong then flame them for rushing the patch or not testing it propley

I honestly won't give a damn since there won't be any future patch anyway. Stop labeling people just because they think differently from you ffs...

Using 'ooh somebody called me names on twitter' is a bit of a pathetic excuse for the patch being delayed by a day dont you think? Why not just ignore the name calling and concentrate on the patch rather than responding to it.

Im sure miles is bigger than that hes probably just sick of people tweeting him "whens the patch out" :)

Im sure miles is bigger than that hes probably just sick of people tweeting him "whens the patch out" :)

I really hope he is and it was just a tongue in cheek response. If its not then basically he's saying the patch is delayed because somebody called him names and he wants to act like a 10 year old about it. I hope thats not the case :D

They must be able to tell us a rough estimate on how many days or weeks we are looking at. It would stop most of the moaning and speculation every 4 hours between now and then at least

Sick of answering questions about his job? Coming from the people that basically pay him? Aaaaaawwwww,poor Miles!

so you think its right to publicly hound someone and abuse them based solely on a computer game?

Is this honestly what our population is coming too? If a computer game can cause this amount of hatred and anger then we really are in a bad way.

The thing is with all the haters saying things like "hurry the **** up" etc, when the patch comes and maybe you find something wrong with it, you'll be complaining "you didn't test it well enough, why didn't you fix this".

Just let the guys do their job, and be thankful when the patch does actually come out, hopefully fully tested and raring to go.

Maybe if they didnt have all the secrecy there wouldnt be people hounding for an answer. Thats is all that people want. Straight honest answers. If he has time to update twitter every day telling people he's going on a family meal, im sure he has time to say 'not today people'

Sick of answering questions about his job? Coming from the people that basically pay him? Aaaaaawwwww,poor Miles!

3 days & 33 posts and every single one of them has been negative bordering on abusive.

Your not the only one but the amount of users who are ungrateful and lack patience & basic manners is shocking.

what angers me is this happens every single year with every release.how can they release the game always knowing its gonna take 3 patches for it to be fully playable?

i mean,what other game/company on day of release tells you that there will be a patch 3 coming out in feb/march?

ridiculous!!!

3 days & 33 posts and every single one of them has been negative bordering on abusive.

Your not the only one but the amount of users who are ungrateful and lack patience & basic manners is shocking.

its actually sickening to read some of the people on here alone, yet everywhere else where he has been abuse and insulted, all because of a bloody computer game, it really is shocking to see what the internet does to people and the disgusting way people act on it. I think its very sad and pathetic to be honest.

Some people should just chillax and be glad that SI is actually a very communicative company.. especially in this kind of business.. Not many developer firms spend as much time on the forums, discussing their game like Miles and co does. The more nonconstructive flames and heat they are presented with here on these boards the more you will see them withdraw, and just run their own race.

They are actually not obliged to reveal anything to anyone, but they still do, and this is something we should all be glad about.

Maybe if they didnt have all the secrecy there wouldnt be people hounding for an answer. Thats is all that people want. Straight honest answers. If he has time to update twitter every day telling people he's going on a family meal, im sure he has time to say 'not today people'

i agree...if its not gonna be this week just say...then we all know well there is no point in checking ever 20mins see if its here or not

what angers me is this happens every single year with every release.how can they release the game always knowing its gonna take 3 patches for it to be fully playable?

i mean,what other game/company on day of release tells you that there will be a patch 3 coming out in feb/march?

ridiculous!!!

Why is it rediculous its honest and just the way it is with fm, Do you not honestly think they would prefer a bug free game on release FM is a massive game with loads of coding and data its probably impossible to never have bugs on release

haha, i must admit the twitter posting made me laugh. mostly because i had a picture in my head of miles leaving the office with gaffer tape and a shotgun muttering "some people need teaching a lesson, i'll be back by lunch".

oh the joys of this thread

Archived