I'M a grown 28yo man

I should disapprove but thats Genius!

I have a two year old and now when the missus goes out I get him to sit on my lap watching peppa pig on my i-phone while i play FM11. Ocassionally i get guilty and take him to the park but its useful thinking time to mull over tactical changes and new signings.

Download a game called tozzle, I just hand my two yo the the phone and off he goes. Keeps him occupied for a while and teaches him a lot too. There are loads of other great apps for toddlers and they all teach them something so you don't feel so guilty.

Only thing is he's found angry birds now so he's hooked on that which ist so good.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Download a game called tozzle, I just hand my two yo the the phone and off he goes. Keeps him occupied for a while and teaches him a lot too. There are loads of other great apps for toddlers and they all teach them something so you don't feel so guilty.

Only thing is he's found angry birds now so he's hooked on that which ist so good.

thanks will do!

talking cat did amuse him for a while but i feared for my phone when he worked out he could smack the cat.

Fortunately the new player interaction model will equip him to deal with these situations.

->Interaction->Have Private Chat->Performance->Last Night

"Your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time"

Exchange a few harsh words and it will invariably end with her saying "I stand by what I said. I think I should leave now before I say something I'll regret."

Above: Contender for "Best post of all time." IMO :D

This tactic is not working for me. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? What's your going out settings?

Like goalkeeper training, 'going out' is nil. She's like the extra coach you need to keep the workload light; she's constantly on hand to provide food, drinks and massage when my legs cease working after a marathon sesh.

Obviously your 'coach' needs the right attributes. Almost impossible to find a 5* wife; it took me three years to train mine to bring her CA up to spec. Of course, you leave yourself vulnerable to having someone come in and poach her, having invested all that time and effort in developing her, but I'm hopeful her loyalty rating is 20.

Yeah. I met my (then) girlfriend in 2000 but I'd been addicted to CM (as it was then) since 1997! My wife says she doesn't mind my addiction as at least I'm home at nights and she knows where I am and what I'm doing.

That's exactly the spin I put on it. The wife was telling me about a girl at her work who caught her husband cheating.

"You'll never do that, will you" she said.

"No, never" I replied, "but i will spend a long time on FM"

Since then i've had a free pass for FM playing as much as i like!

Almost impossible to find a 5* wife; it took me three years to train mine to bring her CA up to spec. Of course, you leave yourself vulnerable to having someone come in and poach her, having invested all that time and effort in developing her, but I'm hopeful her loyalty rating is 20.

Mine has had nearly 5 years training, and she's got a PA of -10, so if I get lucky with the fixed PA, I'm laughing. In those years she's gone from the u18's academy to the first team, and is scoring with me regularly. I play with her up top. And boy, does she know how to dribble balls, and trap it with her chest...

The key is getting a partner with the right personality. It needs to be balanced, or determined, not ambitious. Otherwise it's likely the partner will retire before reaching her PA level. You'll be hopefull the next regen will be as good if not better, but you'll need to ask the board to invest in 'apperance' and 'going out', as well as 'mates'.

Look out for 'finishing' and 'positioning' for a good sex life.

That's exactly the spin I put on it. The wife was telling me about a girl at her work who caught her husband cheating.

"You'll never do that, will you" she said.

"No, never" I replied, "but i will spend a long time on FM"

Since then i've had a free pass for FM playing as much as i like!

What a stroke of luck!! I'll make up a story like that and casually mention it over dinner!

I am sitting here at work now, helping people on the forum whilst contemplating whether or not to spend £40.5m on a regen. My transfer balance is £40.5m and that is also his release clause. My bank balance is £22m so I will be bankrupting the club by doing this.

Start of the 5th season, I don't need him, but he looks like the best player in the world, if not now, soon.

20, Brazilian called Marcos with 16,17 and 18 nearly all the way down each column. Beautiful.

I already have Suarez, Kadlec and Bueno so don't need this guy, but I can't pass up on the best player in the world can I?

I am sitting here at work now, helping people on the forum whilst contemplating whether or not to spend £40.5m on a regen. My transfer balance is £40.5m and that is also his release clause. My bank balance is £22m so I will be bankrupting the club by doing this.

Start of the 5th season, I don't need him, but he looks like the best player in the world, if not now, soon.

20, Brazilian called Marcos with 16,17 and 18 nearly all the way down each column. Beautiful.

I already have Suarez, Kadlec and Bueno so don't need this guy, but I can't pass up on the best player in the world can I?

Sorry Big Danio, but this doesn't really relate to the funniest thread I've seen in a while. My girlfriend has the following ppms:

- Winds up Opponents

- Arrives late in opposition's area

- Likes to beat man repeatedly

My girlfriend is the same and thinks it's sad, but really she (and all FM-WAGS) should be greatful. We could be out boozing until all hours, sleeping around, drugs, crime etc. At least we're doing something that doesn't hurt anyone and we're at home and they can watch the soaps in peace because we're upstairs wondering why we lost after 16 atempts at goal to their 2.

Fortunately the new player interaction model will equip him to deal with these situations.

->Interaction->Have Private Chat->Performance->Last Night

"Your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time"

Exchange a few harsh words and it will invariably end with her saying "I stand by what I said. I think I should leave now before I say something I'll regret."

quality post..

with regards back to this thread though, i remember a couple of years ago during the start of uni, my mates gf rang him up crying cause she'd been sacked by middlesborough! ha wtf

I was in a particularly bad mood a few days ago until I won promotion to the Premier League with Southampton and it put me in a good mood for the rest of the evening.

Tell me about it! I just had a go at my GF because of my anger accumulated out of a streak of 5 games without a win with Southampton. It's my second season with them, won the League 1 easy but i'm finding life REALLY TOUGH in the Championship, and my GF is getting the consequences, for the time being.

I'm 46!

There was a funnys thread about some of the crazy things people do. Here's a few I recall:

One guy confessed to giving post interviews in his head whilst sitting on the pan

One guy got dressed up in a suit to play an Fa Cup final even waiting until 3pm on a Saturday to start the match

One poor chap actually got divorced as his wife said he was spending far too much time playing the game

Maybe this thread is still around. I actually had tears running down my face reading it :)

With a wife and a son and a responsible job, and yet here I lay in bed in the dark obsessing and fuming over the fact that in a video game I have just been beaten by an opposition I believe to be inferior. A game, ffs and I literally can't sleep cause I'm so annoyed.

My wife is right, I'm a sad ****er. :(

Tell me I'm not the only saddo out there who can let this game affect their evening.

You might be like the rest of us, just grown, but not grown UP! :)

But beware, if your missus finds out that you can actually think.....

I bought my missus a Netbook and encouraged her to ger an Iphone 4 so when she next says you spend all your time on computer I can say so do you = free pass for FM :-)

I also suggested to her to work overtime for the 3 days between christmas and the new year as it will be good as we can add it to our savings to buy a bigger house - the real reason is because I know patch 1.2 will be out and I can freely play FM for 3 days straight as my office is closed for that period :p

Tactical Lad.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to thank you again!

Tozzle is class. My 3 yo boy loves playing it along with his thomas and friends game. Like you say pretty educational and great for hand eye coordination. At first he got all wound up and I had to guide his finger to show him how to play it but a few weeks later he was completing the puzzles in no time. Love the way the puzzles become interactive after they are completed. Best £1.79 i ever spent on the nipper.

Now he isnt the slightest bit interested in my laptop and sits happily on the iphone when he gets bored of his toys.

Im thinking its going to be a lifesaver next time we fly as well.

With a wife and a son and a responsible job, and yet here I lay in bed in the dark obsessing and fuming over the fact that in a video game I have just been beaten by an opposition I believe to be inferior. A game, ffs and I literally can't sleep cause I'm so annoyed.

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

Tell me I'm not the only saddo out there who can let this game affect their evening.

LOL - im a 30 year old married man with 2 kids and i too get obsessed and moody over the game...........constantly sit at work thinking how i'm gonna claw back 9 points to reach the play-offs etc

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

I feel your pain mate!

My girlfriend plays Civilisation, so over Christmas I brought Civ4 on steam for £5 and now if she doesn't like me playing FM then I boot up Civ4 and we play together. I like to think she's well trained :D

I've been an FM (previously CM) addict since I was in my late teens, so now at the age of 33 it's rapidly approaching half of my lifetime spent shouting at commentary text/little dots/3D players.

I've been with my current girlfriend for 2 years, and we're getting married next summer. When we met I did put FM on the back burner for a while (yes, she's that great a girl!!), until the initial flurry of dates etc had passed. But there came the time when my laptop started accompanying me to her house, and while she watched soaps/reality tv/dramas, I'd be sitting playing FM. This was ok, but she'd occasionally want to look something up on the internet, and so my FM time was interupted while Next or River Island's websites were perused at great length.

The solution to this was buying a new laptop, and generously/cunningly* giving her my old one. I also bought her a Nintendo DSI XL for Christmas, so she has plenty to occupy her while I'm FM'ing. To her great credit, she does sometimes ask how it's going, but I think she quickly regrets it when I start telling her a long involved story about a relegation dogfight or a new player I'm trying to sign. The other day I literally facepalmed after one of my players missed a sitter, and she looked at me as if I'm mad.

I wouldn't change her one bit though, I love her with all my heart. I love my girlfriend too.

*depends on viewpoint

I hate you all...

My wife left... took the kids, the car and the bank balance (I got to keep the house... it has power and internet, yay! :D)

I wouldn't have minded but I only play FM when I'm at home, it's not like I play it all day or anything... and I know that going to bed at 4am after that crucial game is going to mean that I'm tired at work and too tired to entertain the missus but we have to get the priorities straight and FM is the priority... (isn't it?).

As far as kids go, my daughter used to love watching me play FM, well she did until she grew up and got a life anyway... The wife was a technophobe, even the most basic cell-fone was too complicated for her... I now discover that she has Facebook and MSN accounts... o.O (daughter's influence? probably... :p)

If I were to meet someone now they'd have to realise that certain things take precedence in my life, FM is one of them...

I started playing CM2 as a wee nipper of 7 years old (i was rubbish) and am still playing, well since I met my girlfriend I made it quite plain to her I love FM. So we actually combine the time. She reads her girly magazines and watches the girly stuff on TV whilst I am on the computer next to the TV playing FM - we are doing our own thing, but still talking together etc. My training regime is a little bit demanding

Soaps - Low

Sex - High

FM - High (me)

Magazines - High (her)

Work - High

Films - Low

Conversation - High

28, have responsible job and long-term girlfriend. The last fact itself pretty much proves that she's accepted this addiction of mine (let's say that I don't smoke, so it evens up this part). She has acquired a great PPM - pretending to listen when I talk about my players, results or transfers so it has to be match made in heaven.

In addition - I've made it really easy for her to choose my Christmas present - new FM has been more than enough for 4 years now.

84 posts in, and I will be the first to say it.

IT'S YOUR TACTICS :D

Try a less aggressive style and use a formation that invplves one 'man' up front. He'll 'score' quite a bit with the right support. ;)

84 posts in, and I will be the first to say it.

IT'S YOUR TACTICS :D

Try a less aggressive style and use a formation that invplves one 'man' up front. He'll 'score' quite a bit with the right support. ;)

I think that suggestions about right kind of PPM training would be on spot in this particular point.

I'm 37 with two kids. I cant say I'm addicted. I'm not obsessed and dont let my mood change after a loss or a win, and my interest to play "ups" and "downs" through the year. But in an "up" (like present) I play FM most weeknights and just let the netbook run in the background all weekend. It's not the fastest pc so on weeknights there's plenty of time for conversation with the missus during processing. She watches tv all weeknights so I'm actually perfectly up to date with the reality soaps as I sit on the sofa with her (and my netbook ;-). I probably play about 3 to 4 matches in an evening, not a lot of tweaking tactics and training. So I do a lot of other things inbetween.

And the beauty of a turn-based game like FM, you can always walk away from the pc to play with the kids or do some household task or something like that.

Sometimes the missus nags a bit "you and your stupid netbook", but when I counter that with "at least I am 'resposive' during my hobby instead of your zombie-tv-watching or magazine reading", the nagging usually stops. I throw in the occasional "this player I just bought for my 5th division club, he's proven to be a great piece of business!", but then I just get a sigh in return.. ;-)

Great thread this. I'm a 30yo married man with a very severe fm addiction, bought the wife an Iphone, DS and allow her to watch all the tv she wishes. The computer is in the living room so can still chat with the wife.

However she is very aware of my fm addiction and takes full advantage whilst I am playing with me making brew's, fetching drinks and generally anything that needs doing of an evening.

A small price to pay however for 4-5 nights a week of fm !!

....I also spend most of the week trying to convince her that she hasn't spent enough time with her mum since we got married and that they should do something over the weekend. If it happens then its 10am til she comes hom occasionally moving for a toilet break or food !!!

Usually get one weekend in 3 lol

I hate you all...

My wife left... took the kids, the car and the bank balance (I got to keep the house... it has power and internet, yay! :D)

I wouldn't have minded but I only play FM when I'm at home, it's not like I play it all day or anything... and I know that going to bed at 4am after that crucial game is going to mean that I'm tired at work and too tired to entertain the missus but we have to get the priorities straight and FM is the priority... (isn't it?).

As far as kids go, my daughter used to love watching me play FM, well she did until she grew up and got a life anyway... The wife was a technophobe, even the most basic cell-fone was too complicated for her... I now discover that she has Facebook and MSN accounts... o.O (daughter's influence? probably... :p)

If I were to meet someone now they'd have to realise that certain things take precedence in my life, FM is one of them...

Wow.

Bloody hell.

Glad i'm not married any more,my ex never could understand why I played it even thou my son's did as well so I spent more time with her which ended when she had an affair.

Thank god for FM

she must have had an affair because of your tactics

Archived