Jim Bristow/Serpico has died

bell

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something more subtle, like listing him as a Hull legend would be better IMO.

Like that idea and the black ribbon & status is a nice touch.

If he does stay in as a regen, he could have his own biography/coach report, like the SI staff do. Think someone else mentioned that.

I'd probably get infracted for the abuse that I'd aim at anyone who dared criticise an addition like that.

I don't know if it would be a critiscm, more a "Who is Jim Bristow/Serpico and why is he on the favoured personel list?"

I'm sure when explained it would be ok but there will be the odd **** who fancies a bit of "but it's not realistic"

I like the spokesperson idea, and I'm sure Jim would've liked that as well.

Terrible, terrible news. Never really had much interaction with him myself but he was a mainstay of this place and always seemed like a nice, helpful chap. :thup:

Is really sad coming on here at the moment and seeing that so many people held a great affection for him. Is kinda silly but you can't help but feel a pang of emotion when you see how much this has genuinely affected people, it's quite touching and really lovely to see.

I didn't know Serps really, in all likelihood he helped me out with something on this forum, and in all likelihood I thanked him and moved on. I'm sure I read his posts here and there, had a laugh on occasion, growled on others, thought on some 'who is this bloke' and on more 'I wanna buy that guy a beer'....

The outpouring of grief here says something of his character, his personality, him. I can only hope he knew how well he was regarded whilst alive.

My thoughts of course are with his family and friends. RIP Jim.

Excellent idea. Must be able to enter a specific name for that...

I don't think there is so they'd have to change it, I know there was an idea thrown about a few years back that the club's researcher's name could be the club's spokesmen in the game, but nothing ever come of it

cannot believe what I've just read!

Serps goes waaaaaaay back to the "old school" of posters around here, and I don't think there are many on the forum these days, who would not 'know' Serpico!

don't post/log-on as much as I used to, certainly won't be the same without Serpico!

RIP Jim! :(

cannot believe what I've just read!

Serps goes waaaaaaay back to the "old school" of posters around here, and I don't think there are many on the forum these days, who would not 'know' Serpico!

don't post/log-on as much as I used to, certainly won't be the same without Serpico!

RIP Jim! :(

What Dingus said, Serpico was a gentleman. RIP mate.

Everyone - I'm one of Jim's Hull City supporting mates and the administrator of the Tigers' mailing list in which Jim was a regular poster. I also used to help Jim compile the Hull City stats in the early CM days.

It has been so uplifting to see the sheer number of replies in this thread - Jim would have certainly chuckled at a lot of them. As you all know he was never afraid to share his opinions - whether they be on Hull City, poker or driving instruction! – but whatever the subject he was always worth listening to. He was one of the friendliest guys I’ve ever met, always willing to help others - a point reiterated by so many of you on here, and which made him such a great mod.

His usually insightful, direct and often witty contributions to my HCAFC mailing list will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with his friends and family. And, as some of you have mentioned already, his beloved Hull City did him proud on Saturday.

In fact, we are currently speaking with Hull City to look at the possibility of including a tribute to Jim in the next City match programme - if his family approve.

So if anyone has any (clean!) Jimbo anecdotes, memories or just simple tributes then please send to jimbo@hullcity.com and we’ll collate and get something to the club within their print deadline.

Please feel free to forward this message to others.

Andy Medcalf

(List Administrator, Tiger Chat)

Back on the forums after a weekend of drinking, even raised a glass in Serps' honour. My mum even raised a glass despite the fact that she can't understand why I'm on the forums most of the time.

Amazing to see how many posts have been made since Friday night, and very special to see a lot of people paying their respects.

I post in OTF rarely but I've been on these forums for over 10 years and Serpico's name has been synonumous on these forums.

It's is such a great shame that he's died so young and I wish to give my heartfelt condolences to his parents at this difficult time for them.

Many thanks for the laughs you've given me when reading some of your posts in OTF.

RIP Serpico/Jim

Archived