Does your missus moan at you...

I wouldn't call it moaning as such, just the usual comments like "You have a problem" or "You're addicted to that stupid game".

Made the mistake of replying once "I have a problem? Damn right I do, it's been my day off work and I've been managing villa for the last 10 hours straight and you come home from work and start moaning? That's the last thing I need after I've just lost 6-1 to Man City. On the flip side, the first thing I need is my dinner, chop chop"

Never thought she could punch as hard as she did.........

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I reckon we should start a sub-forum on here for all our respective Mrs' to come and moan at each other while we're playing and posting.

My Mrs is toobusy being interested in her own FM save and talking bout mine to use it.

My Mrs has no issues with me playing, I get to play pretty much whenever I want.

My missus and Kids were ALWAYS moaning about me playing the game - however I figured out a solution to their whining - However I am not yet ready to reveal how I have stopped the whinging and moaning....

Yours Faithfully

Mr Josef Fritzl

A bit close to the mark, but made me giggle...

Mine did say she whould like to try it, but she doesnt really know enough about football to give it ago me thinks. Plus I cant be bothered explaining everything to her, just as she cant be bothered to read the manual.

"just teach me!" she exclaims.

Does anyone have any idea how to squash over 10 years of CM/FM experience into 5 minutes??

My wife does not like it but tolerates it. My response is "At least you know where I am!"

Before i had discovered FM, and before we had decent PC's and used PS2's instead, me and a mate used to play LMA. My girlfriend of the time (who I owned a house with), left as I spent more time playing LMA with my mate, than seeing her. She had moved jobs and areas to live with me, only to find I spent all night every week playing football management games with mates. Cost me £18000 to get rid of her in the end and she part blamed my pal for the split!!! It was for the best all in all tho as I would always beat my mate (I won countless Champs Leagues with Carlisle!)

To be honest, one of the things I like about FM (as opposed to RPGs like Dragon Age, NWN, Baldur's Gate, etc.) is that it's possible to play for a half hour at a time; I have two kids, so most Saturdays I'll start it up in the morning and play in fifteen minute spurts throughout the day while the kids and her are doing something else. My youngest daughter is three and likes to watch the games, so we can do that, but I'm never so involved that I can't stop and get up to do something else.

With other games, you become engrossed in the storyline and get to points where you kind of have to keep going; FM's not like that (or at least, it doesn't HAVE to be like that).

I remember watching the video for FM10 that had the guys talking around the pool table. I think it was the text intro that called Miles Jacobsen the "bane of housewives everywhere" or something like that. Suffice to say my wife agreed with that statement. Sad thing is, I have logged a sorry amount of hours compared to most on here so I'm not sure why she complains. Guess it's a matter of perspective.

Right now I have a night shift job, so I play for a bit after getting home, when my wife and son are in bed.

Hahaha this thread is a classic.

I think I am one of the lucky ones on here because of the following.

- My girlfriend has been trained how to play the game basically and can do matches unless changes need made hahaha

- My girlfriend knows how to put me on holiday and press the space bar to continue

- Shes also trained to save the game

- At the start of the realtionship she would massage me when playing........1 year later......that passion has gone :(

- She likes looking at real players profiles. Ie who martin oneil played and managed for etc

Hahaha shes a keeper

Well, I'm not married, so I don't have a "missus" yet, but I do have a girlfriend.

There have been times where I turned down sex to complete a match, and other times where I'll say "okay I'll see you in ten minutes" only to lose track of time during a transfer window and show up an hour later than I expected. Therefore, she (rightfully, in many cases) moans at me about it.

However, last night I was in her room playing and she didn't complain at all. Then, a shocker- she suggested that I teach her how to play the game!!!!!!!!

I'm excited about that, she had some issues trying to choose a team- at first she wanted to play in Chile or Peru, but I told her that wouldn't be a good idea just starting, so I said "Go for Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, Spain, or Italy" (was this good advice?). She ended up choosing Germany as a starting country and chose Wolfsburg rather arbitrarily. It was late, so I didn't show her much, but probably next weekend I'll show her what to do.

So, did she choose a good starting team??

My girlfriend plays Sims 3, so I play FM, whilst she plays Sims 3! Perfect! ;)
Same as for me, gotta love EA for that!

Add me to that list. My wife loves her Sims 3 and 2 before that getting every expansion and stuff pack that's out so I never have any problems.

If it's not Sims 3 it's any of the Facebook games like Farmville and Bubble Spinner so it's more me complaining how much time she spends on her PC rather than the other way around.

The real bonus is that our PC's are next to each other so we still spend time together even if we're gazing at our monitors. :D

I play it on the girlfriends laptop and im under strict rules

1. I can't play it when shes around

2. I can't play it when we have company

3. I can't play it when there is kids in the house because they will want to play it

So that leaves me with playing it when no one is around, so she comes home after me playing it and goes "what have you been doing all day" and i respond "Playing Football Manager" and she replies "I knew it, you and that bloody game, you have to get rid of it"

Sometimes you just can't win

LOL that is very like my informal arrangement, not many kids round my house tho.

Stress levels in the household rise considerably when my lovely fiancee returns home on days when i am off and she is at work all day and finds me vegetating on the couch yet again, pinned down by my laptop looking tense. She inspects the flat to see if ive actually done any of the housework I promised to do, and I make my excuses and prepare to leave the virtual world of sporting success and return to the mundane incompetency of my actual life. I sometimes use the 'one more match card' but that is pushing my luck a bit since either the crowd noises are on, which really pushes her anti-FM buttons (and i can appreciate that the noises would be really annoying!) or if she is trying to talk to me i keep turning away to stare at the screen and pay no attention - or even worse, fall silent for five minutes as I perform one vital but time-consuming final task such as shifting the youth players' training schedule from pre-season to their normal schedules! But if I have to turn it off at a point i deem unsuitable it leads to a lot of childish huffs for the next hour or so!

Ah well she agreed to marry me and I have been seeing Champ/FM for 13 years but her for only 6, so she knew what she was getting into!

So i basically have a relationship with a person who I love very much, and another with "that stupid game on the computer" which of course i love too, and the two cannot overlap. And when I'm at work i dont get to have either of these around me, which gets very confusing. During intense FM weeks I have almost no clue how to behave or interact amongst those who dont care about my career (that is, every person in the real world) which can make things awkward, like i have a serious substance abuse problem which some react to with pity, others with amousement, others with concenr and some with frustration!

But let's be honest, in almost every situation in life there is a list of five possible responses to pick from, and the choice you make will determine how the game, sorry i mean your life, will develop! 'No comment' can be used for hangovers in work or boring chats with the missus as well as cagey press conferences you know! And if they dont like it then 'storm out'! "Theres the door", as they say LOL!

I also like to remind my wife how much money we save by me playing the game. Also, the alternative to me staying in with FM would be going out to the bars. Not only would that eat into our budget, but here in Cambodia the hostesses are ..... never mind

...ladyboys? :)

Hahaha this thread is a classic.

I think I am one of the lucky ones on here because of the following.

- My girlfriend has been trained how to play the game basically and can do matches unless changes need made hahaha

- My girlfriend knows how to put me on holiday and press the space bar to continue

- Shes also trained to save the game

- At the start of the realtionship she would massage me when playing........1 year later......that passion has gone :(

- She likes looking at real players profiles. Ie who martin oneil played and managed for etc

Hahaha shes a keeper

my god i dont even let my assman tinker with my squad let alone a real person! What if she accepts a low bid for a top player! That could really mess up your real relationship! Be wary my friend.

My fiancee likes the photos, she is amused by Rooney's daft face and Ally McCoist in his shirt and tie but is horrified by the regens and their 'cold dead eyes'.

Not often. I made her very, very clear very VERY early in our relationship, that I'm an avid gamer, and I won't stop playing games. So on the rare occasion she does bring it up, I remind her of that, and that she accepted me for who I was back then, and I'm no different now :D

i play via network game with my gf. she chelsea with me arsenal (always). we live in different towns (i go to uni in liverpool-she is in the home land bolton)

4 year rship n fm has been around since the one wer david villa had 24m minimum fee release-coz we used to fight over him haha. fm06 or 07 i think

every sunday when she is working me and my 2 year old daughter play fm, i'm training her to cheer when the screen flashes newcastles black and white when i score. although i try to tidy during saves and when she comes home asking what we did all day then i only played "that game" for half an hour when really it was on all day. sometimes i get other chances to play like giving in a lie in on a saturday for 2 hours play. but generally i won't play when she's around to save my own sanity as well as hers.

During intense FM weeks I have almost no clue how to behave or interact amongst those who dont care about my career (that is, every person in the real world) which can make things awkward, like i have a serious substance abuse problem which some react to with pity, others with amousement, others with concern and some with frustration!

Legendary! :D

I have to be honest here and say she doesn't actually know I play it. We've been together for a little under 2 years and she has no clue. Granted it's more difficult to be a closet-FM'er when we moved in together but when the missus's away, then FM I can play.

Like many before me, my PC time gives the wife a chance to watch telly. I dont really like TV unless their is golf or rugby on, or one or two shows (but we both like them which is good).

After dinner and a bit of TV I go off at about 8pm and play FM for the rest of the night, she watched TV shows about vampires and people who can see ghosts or people who solve crimes and stuff.

We meet again in the bedroom some nights around 1... but thats not to be discussed here

Archived