FM16 - Players who deserve a massive upgrade

Which players deserve massive upgrade (ca/pa) in FM16 based on his performance during 2014-15 season & this season so far? Share your ideas during this term till the BETA. Would like to see the names to add them into the list of "the first profiles going to look in FM16" :)

Let me start with mine: Anwar El Ghazi

He needs a massive upgrade in FM16 in the terms of both ca&pa - he has scored 8 goals in 9 appearances this season so far.

His style (height, dribbling, finishing ability, long shots, off the ball movements, etc.) is really similar to CR7 - of course he has a long way to go.

Here is his top 10 goals selected by AFC Ajax, impressive indeed:

[video=youtube;WIBMxSShybA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIBMxSShybA

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you feel that this guy is unfairly rated, then maybe you should take it to the Holland Data Issues thread

bear in mind that the data is already locked for FM16 (though it will be revised for the January update)

also note that anyone can play well, so he'll probably not be as all-dominating as he currently is in real life, because the data is based on last season and the summer tournaments (to an extent)

if you feel that this guy is unfairly rated, then maybe you should take it to the Holland Data Issues thread

bear in mind that the data is already locked for FM16 (though it will be revised for the January update)

also note that anyone can play well, so he'll probably not be as all-dominating as he currently is in real life, because the data is based on last season and the summer tournaments (to an extent)

I didn't post it on that thread since it is intended to data issues for FM15.

Data for the game is not based on this season, it's based on last season.

If he keeps up his current form he may well get a bit of a boost in the January data update, but his current run will not have any effect on his rating at the start of the game.

Since we also play the time between September to next transfer window, I think all performances till the release should be evaluated. If he is performing well this season, so when we start the game, it is expected he will do the same. We will start playing 2015-2016 season - so last year's performance mustn't be enough to evaluate the player. For example El Ghazi's form is a lot better than last season; since we will not simulate 2014-15 season, there must a difference.

But if the reason is data lock (there must a point to stop altering data since its huge amount & it must be validated, etc.), it makes sense. But since the data is recently locked, his early performances may still be evaluated.

If he keeps up his current form he may well get a bit of a boost in the January data update, but his current run will not have any effect on his rating at the start of the game.

Data for the game is based on the researchers available information at the time of data submission. At the end of each season season stats are added, attributes are updated and CA/PA is reviewed. This information is never final though and there are ways and means to make changes almost up until data lock.

If we take Martial at United for instance, his goals to game ratio at Monaco was a little better the 1 goal for every 5 games. So I wouldn't expect his finishing and composure to be above a certain level. Now he is at United and scoring goals I think the researcher would be justified in thinking, he is a year older, a year wiser and has started well lets slightly increase his finishing and/or composure saying that I wouldn't expect monumental increases because it is only a handful of games.

Researching is far from an exact science, it is very much based on gut instinct and where possible researchers will use performances from the season to make the data as accurate as humanly possible, but at the end of the day, we are just guessing and making opinions on a players ability.

Data for the game is based on the researchers available information at the time of data submission. At the end of each season season stats are added, attributes are updated and CA/PA is reviewed. This information is never final though and there are ways and means to make changes almost up until data lock.

If we take Martial at United for instance, his goals to game ratio at Monaco was a little better the 1 goal for every 5 games. So I wouldn't expect his finishing and composure to be above a certain level. Now he is at United and scoring goals I think the researcher would be justified in thinking, he is a year older, a year wiser and has started well lets slightly increase his finishing and/or composure saying that I wouldn't expect monumental increases because it is only a handful of games.

Researching is far from an exact science, it is very much based on gut instinct and where possible researchers will use performances from the season to make the data as accurate as humanly possible, but at the end of the day, we are just guessing and making opinions on a players ability.

this was exactly what I wanted to explain above. Until the data lock, everything should be evaluated including transfers, contracts, and also players' abilities. Martial is also another example of this situation.

I'll add my two cents with Riccardo Saponara, the youngster had a tough time at AC Milan but has been one of the top performers in Serie A since joining Empoli last January - 7 goals and several assists in 17 matches from AMC position in 2014-/15, and he started 2015/16 even more impressively. Saponara is also likely to join a big club next january - Juventus, Napoli and now Liverpool (after Jurgen Klopp's appointment) amongst others are said to be interested.

He turned out pretty amazing on my all Dutch Ajax game a while back, scoring roughly a goal pr game as a F9. I changed the tactic a bit the next season and played him as a defensive forward, but he still got 30 goals 16 assists in 33(8) games. I even rejected a £50m offer for him. Sad to see that when I resigned he was sold for a pittance in the next transfer window. I have no idea what his PA, but I guess it could be random so maybe I got a bit lucky. Haven't seen the AI do much with him.

rQjCqaH.png

WcdM8On.png

Doesn't make sense since we don't know how he is rated in FM16 yet.

Doesn't make sense, why would they release game in November if they base data on the previous season? They release game in November so there are three more full months to evaluate players for the new FM, so that it can be most realistic.

Of course players like El Ghazi and Martial, and also non-performing such as RvP should be rated based on their performance this season, not last season.

On the players note, Chris Smalling deserves a significant boost in comparison to FM15.

Januzaj should probably get lower PA.

Rooney should get increased workrate and mental stats, but decreased physical stats and finishing.

Darmian should get higher stats.

etc. etc.

They release game in November so there are three more full months to evaluate players for the new FM, so that it can be most realistic.

Not really.

I'm a researcher for the Danish league and our deadline for submitting data was at the end of August (= the end of the transfer window). So from then on and until the data lock the only ones who have been able to edit data have been the national head researchers and of course they can't keep up to date with every single little issue and evaluate all players from all clubs in their nation.

This means that players and managers will be at the correct clubs as of Sep 1, but their CA, PA, and rep will be based on last season only.

I know that a few major changes after Sep 1 have been included, like Klopp at Liverpool (although I strongly disagree with this, as the game starts at the beginning of the 15/16 season and I think the db should reflect that), but that really is the exception to the rule. And player stats will definitely not have been altered after Sep 1.

Not really.

I'm a researcher for the Danish league and our deadline for submitting data was at the end of August (= the end of the transfer window). So from then on and until the data lock the only ones who have been able to edit data have been the national head researchers and of course they can't keep up to date with every single little issue and evaluate all players from all clubs in their nation.

This means that players and managers will be at the correct clubs as of Sep 1, but their CA, PA, and rep will be based on last season only.

I know that a few major changes after Sep 1 have been included, like Klopp at Liverpool (although I strongly disagree with this, as the game starts at the beginning of the 15/16 season and I think the db should reflect that), but that really is the exception to the rule. And player stats will definitely not have been altered after Sep 1.

Which is also why for me, players should only be based on last season.

That being said, I'd like to see Coquelin and Bellerín get significant improvements after their contributions last term

Januzaj should probably get lower PA.

This is the sort of thing that annoys me a bit. Januzaj showed massive potential as an 18 year old, but hasn’t progressed much since then. That doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t have the possibility to become a world class player, only that he is further away at the moment. A lower CA and a less professional personality should be enough to hold him down from being a superstar in all games. I still think a player like Bojan should have a massive PA, it should just close to never be fulfilled as his CA is so low and he is too old to get massive CA-boosts in most games. But once in a blue moon, you get a game where Bojan reaches his potential. There is a huge lack of predictability for who becomes the best players in real life, in FM it is a bit too easy. Basically no player reaches their potential in reality, and players might suddenly turn into a world star around the age of 30.

Daniel Bentley - Southend United Goalkeeper

Currently one of the highest prospects outside of the premier league, rumour has it just a few weeks ago during ONE game he had 26 scouts....yes 26 watching him! including the likes of Manchester United

Unfortunately it doesn't look likely he is going to renew his contract with us but nonetheless I hope his PA gets a huge increase as I can genuinely see him being Englands number one in the future

lDmQ5Ou.jpg?1

• Administrators

As someone has already said, it's not really worth posting it here as it won't get seen by the people who can make the changes. Probably best to wait for the pre-release beta and if they're not as you'd hoped, raise them in the data issues forum.

But do remember the data issues rules:

• Please note that much of the data in the database is of a subjective nature and many people will have different opinions about this kind of data and this must be respected.
  • We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

1. State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.
  2. State what you think the data should be.
  3. State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.

This is the sort of thing that annoys me a bit. Januzaj showed massive potential as an 18 year old, but hasn’t progressed much since then. That doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t have the possibility to become a world class player, only that he is further away at the moment. A lower CA and a less professional personality should be enough to hold him down from being a superstar in all games. I still think a player like Bojan should have a massive PA, it should just close to never be fulfilled as his CA is so low and he is too old to get massive CA-boosts in most games. But once in a blue moon, you get a game where Bojan reaches his potential. There is a huge lack of predictability for who becomes the best players in real life, in FM it is a bit too easy. Basically no player reaches their potential in reality, and players might suddenly turn into a world star around the age of 30.
Mental & hidden attributes can be very powerful, at times I fee that they are underused but I do understand why they are the most difficult attributes to assess.

Which is also why for me, players should only be based on last season.

Players are and will continue to be evaluated right up until the point that the head researchers say stop. We made several changes to the Swansea City data at the end of last week in response to issues in testing.

It's not worth drawing an arbitrary line between what should be judged and what shouldn't. Being able to use the first half dozen games of a new season is extremely useful when you're aiming for an as realistic as possible simulation. And the previous 38 are just as important.

Players are and will continue to be evaluated right up until the point that the head researchers say stop. We made several changes to the Swansea City data at the end of last week in response to issues in testing.

It's not worth drawing an arbitrary line between what should be judged and what shouldn't. Being able to use the first half dozen games of a new season is extremely useful when you're aiming for an as realistic as possible simulation. And the previous 38 are just as important.

I get what you're saying, to be fair I probably didn't articulate my response correctly. I meant to say largely not only be based on last season.

I had a whole counter argument about Eden Hazard but actually, it kind of proves your point.

Every single year Michael Duff (for Burnley) is under rated, fair enough he's not got much pace what with being 37, however playing in real life he possesses the footballing brain and reading of the game to make up for it, this however is never portrayed sufficiently in the game

Every single year Michael Duff (for Burnley) is under rated, fair enough he's not got much pace what with being 37, however playing in real life he possesses the footballing brain and reading of the game to make up for it, this however is never portrayed sufficiently in the game

Probably fair since he was the best defender in the world for a spell in the game. ;)

He's a remarkable player really, aged 36ish he was still doing a fine job in the Premier League. Granted, Burnley were relegated in the end but thats more to do with lack of goals.:brock:

He's still doing a grand job now in the championship! Going down was definitely due to the lack of goals, Plus the fact we forgot how to defend corners for an entire season also plus the fact we had a snail of a start.

Come the release of FM16 i'll have them up again in no time!

Mental & hidden attributes can be very powerful, at times I fee that they are underused but I do understand why they are the most difficult attributes to assess.

This is spot on. I learned very early in my role as a researcher that not every brilliant 16 year old will make it. What I think needs to happen is a player with a good PA joins United as a 16 year old. He shows glimpses of class and improves quickly before seeming to plateau and stop improving. Investigation shows that his professionalism, determination, ambition are all on the low side so at 19 years old and with a league one CA he is released. In the game he'd probably go to a championship club on his reputation and struggle to get a game. In real life he might drop in to league one or two and 'wake up' play week in week out, see a dramatic increase in professionalism and determination and rebuild his career before returning to the premier league. Similarly, when he is in the last year of his contract at United, I would like to see news items such as 'Joe Bloggs seems to be improving. He is working harder in training and has really been putting gin the effort on the pitch.' This would be tied in an increase in determination etc.

It does happen in the game, but the number of sudden determination ambition and professionalism jumps are too low in my opinion.

It does happen in the game, but the number of sudden determination ambition and professionalism jumps are too low in my opinion.

And the opposite. Let’s say you are a young Brazilian teenage super talent. You have a high determination and a high ambition, but a low professionalism.

Because of your high ambitions and determination you work your way to the top. At 21 you are a multi-millionaire and a Ballon D’Or candidate. This is when the lack of professionalism kicks in. This guy has already achieved everything he wants in football, and he no longer care as much in training. His CA starts dropping, and at 25 he might be back in Brazil or in Qatar/China. Then at 28 he might end up with a professionalism boost due to a good coach or other events (such as growing up). His training level rises, and his CA starts rising again. Perhaps he even gets a new chance in Europe.

I want the hidden mental attributes to play that big a role in a players development, and give out some weird results from time to time. Today it is way too easy to just grab the 10 best 16 year olds in the game, and expect most of them to turn into the best players in the world. I want Barcelona to get a new Jordi Alba and releasing him at 16 because he isn’t good enough, or Anderson to be named Golden Boy and failing to get anywhere close to that level.

And the opposite. Let’s say you are a young Brazilian teenage super talent. You have a high determination and a high ambition, but a low professionalism.

Because of your high ambitions and determination you work your way to the top. At 21 you are a multi-millionaire and a Ballon D’Or candidate. This is when the lack of professionalism kicks in. This guy has already achieved everything he wants in football, and he no longer care as much in training. His CA starts dropping, and at 25 he might be back in Brazil or in Qatar/China. Then at 28 he might end up with a professionalism boost due to a good coach or other events (such as growing up). His training level rises, and his CA starts rising again. Perhaps he even gets a new chance in Europe.

Hiya Ronaldinho, hiya pal! Well, apart from the boost at the end.

Anderson to be named Golden Boy and failing to get anywhere close to that level.

That was one of the most hilarious award results I ever came across. Surely in 2008 there wasn't such a dearth of young prospects?:lol:

I seem to recall Bojan Krkic was properly brilliant then, which makes Anderson winning it even more bizarre :eek:

Well, a few top quality players was nominated as well. Agüero (3), Busquets(7), Rakitic (8), Di Maria (12), Kroos (13), Mata (14), Sanchez (16), Özil (19) and Bale (20) has to be said to be pretty much some of the best in the world at some point. But there are still players like Simao Mate in there. It just shows how unpredictable it all is.

To keep this topic meandering off-course slightly, one of my favourite games was Baseball Mogul, and it utilised a series of curves for players potential. Some peaked very young and then nothing. Some had late career bursts. Some did what we'd hope we'd do and gradually improve throughout their career until their bodies let them down.

I don't know if FM has a variety of curves for player growth, but it would be a MASSIVE (caps ahoy) help to add variety to the game. Just because your newgen could be the next Zico doesn't mean he will be, or he might but you don't know when it will be. At the moment it's "play them in lots of first team football for the CA boost, max out by 20, enjoy 12 years of world class player". Which is a bit too "read paper, click continue" for my liking.

This will get me booed out of the building, but I'm tempted to say Wayne Rooney. Ok, he's on the slide, but he's nowhere NEAR as bad as he was in my save IRL! I think they got it wrong with him & over played the fact that he isn't the speedy, powerful player he once was.

This will get me booed out of the building, but I'm tempted to say Wayne Rooney. Ok, he's on the slide, but he's nowhere NEAR as bad as he was in my save IRL! I think they got it wrong with him & over played the fact that he isn't the speedy, powerful player he once was.

I had a Utd save where he was very good as the deeper forward of a two for quite a few seasons, probably helped he was partnered with vastly overrated RvP or Falcao for the first few seasons, but he got into double figures in goals and assists every season and the team was much more balanced with him in the side.

Januzaj was massively overrated in the DB in FM 2015 in terms of PA. He's one who the researchers just plain got wrong. For an opposite example, Sterling is one that was probably underrated for some time (not sure how he's looking now).

Januzaj was massively overrated in the DB in FM 2015 in terms of PA. He's one who the researchers just plain got wrong. For an opposite example, Sterling is one that was probably underrated for some time (not sure how he's looking now).

He's still only 20, how can you say his PA is too high?

Once a researcher has set a players PA it should never be reduced unless an error was made (i.e the researcher gave a PA of 192 instead of 102). Januzaj clearly has immense potential. Something is stopping him from achieving that right now. That is what the researcher needs to get right and I am confident they will. As was mentioned above mental stats, professionalism and ambition can all help here and is a better way of fixing the issue.

If Ryan Giggs came out of retirement his PA would still be what it was at his peak, his physical attributes would stop him ever getting anywhere near that level though.

Not really.

This is so sad and makes so little sense. Why did the devs put the deadline so early? I wonder if devs can come to this thread and explain, I would appreciate it a lot.

So this means I won't really start playing FM16 until Editor is released, so I can adjust the players' attributes and PA myself, according to September/October performances. (Esp. Martial - I'm 100% sure that in the end of August researchers would give him much lower attrs/CA and PA then he should have got)

Any idea when the editor will be released?

This is so sad and makes so little sense. Why did the devs put the deadline so early? I wonder if devs can come to this thread and explain, I would appreciate it a lot.

So this means I won't really start playing FM16 until Editor is released, so I can adjust the players' attributes and PA myself, according to September/October performances. (Esp. Martial - I'm 100% sure that in the end of August researchers would give him much lower attrs/CA and PA then he should have got)

Any idea when the editor will be released?

It isn't "so sad", and it makes perfect sense. Everything needs to be tested, and you have to stop somewhere to give you a static base to do that. They're absolutely correct to do it the way it is, given that's when most games will begin.

The editor will be released around the same time as the main game, so around November 13th.

jordon rhodes is the best player in the world in rl, but not in fm, why is this?

How's Blackburn Jordan? The North treating you well?

Januzaj clearly has immense potential.

Based on what? Two great games two years ago? He made a big impact as a debutant, but then so did Federico Macheda.

"Potential" is such a nebulous concept, and is based more on popular perception than any concrete data we can point to. It should be continually reviewed year on year based on how the player is actually developing in real life, with mitigating circumstances taken into account.

We shouldn't assign a PA based on first impressions and then, when that sometimes wild estimate isn't fulfilled, dock mental attributes to compensate, unless there is specific evidence of poor professionalism or a lack of ambition.

Archived