What's your favourite FM game?

FM11 for me. FM08 was my favorite before that.

In the end, I think the save that you enjoyed the most picks your favourite version of FM. I haven't enjoyed any of my saves as much as FM11 long Portugal/Spain save.

The last few versions, I have restarted after 5 or 6 seasons. Just can't get connected to my club or players.

FM12 was probably the easiest, but FM10 is my favorite. FM05 is great for the nostalgic feels too (my first FM). FM14 and 15 are very great releases but FM10 was just so great. I didn't have the most successful career on FM10 but I had the most fun on that.

FM10 is great for pick-up and play given that player interactions, man-management, and pre-match preparation were much less of a burden at that point. Not to say I don't appreciate those aspect becoming more in depth with time, however I do sometime enjoy being able to focus more on the matches and trying to execute a game plan within the 90 minutes rather than the whole week leading up to the game.

A lot of nostalgia for CM01-02 as well, but it is somewhat difficult to go back to now as I just can't go back to a situation where I can't have instant feedback to see how my tactical changes have altered things.

I'll also give a shout out to FM07 as that is probably the FM edition I put the most time into over the years, partly mitigated by me not getting either 08 or 09. I had some wicked long term saves in that game and it's hard to believe that it came out 8 years ago now.

This one. The ME is vastly superior to anything we've had before, and there is still presumably another update to receive once the Winter transfer window closes.

The ME is better on this one (although I wouldn't say 'vastly'), but the other in-game mechanics ran a lot smoother on the last version, so that still gets the nod from me. This current one is comfortably 2nd, however.

FM13. Before that I thought I was addicted and that a 20 year career mode was 'mental'. Little did I know...

14 just wasn't for me so I played 13 up until the release of this years. Wish I'd stuck with my Stoke game mind, it wasn't far off 2100 before I stopped playing it. Does FM do anything for you being in control of a club for 1 hundred years?

This years could beat FM13 for me though, I need to be a lower team to fully compare the two but it could be in with a shout.

FM12 - Easiest FM I've ever played but it was just pure enjoyment. 2000 hours and one of my favourite games ever. Always want to go back to it at some point, in my Arsenal save my top striker Gabriel Lopez is now 33/34 in the year 2047 and has scored 1231 goals in 856 games (in all comepetitons) (excluding the amount in his current season).

He's second in my top-appearances table behind one of my other favourite FM regens ever Pedro Jose Pajuelo who played for me till he was about 37 and made 917 appearances in total and scored 465 goals (mainly from RW until he moved to CAM during his later years).

My favourite save and FM game ever, can't seem to recreate that magic since.

Finding this year's one much more challenging than 14, and 13 was even less challenging, so definitely 15 is my favourite so far. None of the ones prior to that came close to 13/14 for me, just because of the incremental reduction in features every year.

I know some people whine about all the extra stuff we have nowadays but... I don't care, I love all of it, even the monotonous press conferences. :p

FM13 for me. Gone back to it not too long ago and enjoying my save on it where I started off getting the Lincoln City job where I'm still at. Currently in my 4th season on the game and I'm in my first season in League 1, 9th place after 28 games. A quick run through of my division, media prediction and actual finish looks like this

2012-13 Conference Premier, media prediction: 12th, actual finish: 4th with 85pts (lost in playoff semis on pens)

2013-14 Conference Premier, media prediction: 8th, actual finish: 1st with 86pts

2014-15 League 2, media prediction: 21st, actual finish: 2nd with 90pts

2015-16 League 1, media prediction: 24th, currently 9th with 38pts after 28 games

Might just stick with FM13 til I pick up my pension in about 30 years! :lol:

FM11 for me. It had a good balance all around and isn't brutally difficult as the latest versions.

FM14 would probably be my favorite if I wasn't too stupid to play it. While I have won both the league and CL in my Liverpool save, I've never really had control over the tactics to get consistant performances.

FM2007, FM2008 and FM2015 are my favorites if I remember correctly.

Esecially this years' game. I haven't really been playing FM the last 3-4 years, but FM2015 took me back! I love the new user interface and I'm surprised how fast the game has become. Playing with 20 leagues is much quicker than playing 10 on FM2010 - and my computer is 5-6 years old! Thank you SI for brining me back!! :)

FM14...

I've played CM 01-02, FM 05,12,13,14,15.

CM 01-02 is too old. I never liked FM 05, well i was like 8-9. FM 12 and 13 i found too hard, Fm 14 i prefered more as my teams would play to their ability more (no more mid-tables with one of the best squads in the league). I tried FM15 and didn't like it, however, i will try again because I have laid my 2014 save to rest.

Archived