[FM13] Will Hughes

nick1408

willhughesoverview.png

I have him signed at Dortmund at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't screenshot him from the start and the above is at 31 October 2013 after being on heavy Wing BCack training since his purchase on 01 January 2013. I plan for him to take over from Marcel Schmelzer in a couple of seasons. I don't think too many people would go down this path but with Dortmund's young attacking strength I felt he could easily dominate the LB position. I also have the luxury of having a very versatile layer and he has held down AMR as an inside forward and MC as a deep lying playmaker in both support and defend.

I purchased him for five million pounds, which considering the years of service I feel will pay for itself. I am payinmg him 800k per year but again, I am not concerned considering the service he will provide.

willhughesoverview.png

I have him signed at Dortmund at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't screenshot him from the start and the above is at 31 October 2013 after being on heavy Wing BCack training since his purchase on 01 January 2013. I plan for him to take over from Marcel Schmelzer in a couple of seasons. I don't think too many people would go down this path but with Dortmund's young attacking strength I felt he could easily dominate the LB position. I also have the luxury of having a very versatile layer and he has held down AMR as an inside forward and MC as a deep lying playmaker in both support and defend.

I purchased him for five million pounds, which considering the years of service I feel will pay for itself. I am payinmg him 800k per year but again, I am not concerned considering the service he will provide.

Im actually amazed you're training him to be a LB when he has everything for an amazing central midfielder, id train him to dictate tempo and watch him run games.

Nothing wrong with making him a wing back, he definitely has the attributes although his creativity would possibly be a little wasted wide.

I'm more disgusted how a player of his ability has ended up playing for Stoke, never has a player suited a club less :D

Yeah, as I said, I don't need midfielders at Dortmund as I have plenty of talented young guys to fill these spots. What I don't have is the attacking full backs/wing backs to support them. I sort of knew people wouldn't like seeing this but it was a need and I identified him to fill it. Also, I think it shows the versatility he has in his game.

I bought him with Newcastle in Jan 2014, after 6 months he is now awkward as LB. He has played 10 games at an average rating of 7.18 - which got him called up to the England squad for the world cup, as the youngest member of the squad.

Just started a game with Derby. Playing him as an AMs on top of a narrow diamond midfield. Scored 5 goals in the first 12 league matches and had some assists too.

Looking good :thup:

As finances are fairly tight I'm afraid that one day I'll have to let him go in order to make some money unless I win promotion before that day comes. Gor how much does he move in the game, i.e. how much would I be able to make off him if needed?

I have him at Stoke, bought him for £6 mill in 2014 and he has been excellent.

Playing him as an AM in a 4231 formation and his worst average has been 7.31

He is now worth £18.5 mill got 18 months left on his contract but have just offered him a renewed 4 year contract wpaying him £125k p/w

Here he is on my Derby save in November season 2. He has developed really fast and as you can see is getting high ratings as an AMC in my first season in the prem. Scored 15 goals in the championship from midfield last season but is playing a little deeper now behind 3 strikers in the prem. Plays some awesome through balls.

o7lra1.jpg

Yeah i have him 50% of the way to learning "tries killer balls often", Guess i'll just have to persevere with him. It's a shame there is nobody to really tutor him in the Birmingham squad. unless i can get somebody in after promotion.

I Just bought him in my Man utd save for 5milj (euro) + 5 milj (paid over 18 months) and extra 15 milj if he plays 20 EPL games.

over paid ?

Possibly. I'm not sure which season you're in, but as I posted a few days ago I have just bought him for my Liverpool team at the beginning of the second season. He cost £6million in total, £4million upfront and £2million based on league and international appearances.

whats the best position to play him?

his technique and flair isnt the greatest and his physical attributes are pretty good so i think its best to play him in MC and not AMC, and as a deep lying playmaker.

what do you guys think? also, what is his PA?

whats the best position to play him?

his technique and flair isnt the greatest and his physical attributes are pretty good so i think its best to play him in MC and not AMC, and as a deep lying playmaker.

what do you guys think? also, what is his PA?

Having played him in around 20 games as a CM and 20 as an AMC, I can say that in my personal experience he has been a decent playmaker from the CM position, but when put further forward he becomes an assist-making machine. He was pivotal in helping my team secure a Europa League spot. I'd go AMC - Advanced Playmaker with him.

Possibly. I'm not sure which season you're in, but as I posted a few days ago I have just bought him for my Liverpool team at the beginning of the second season. He cost £6million in total, £4million upfront and £2million based on league and international appearances.

I'm at the start of my third season.

Valued at 12 million now for me in March season 2 and just ripped Arsenal a new arse at their place in the league playing as an advanced playmaker in the AMC position, scored two and assisted 1 in a 3-0 away win with the mighty Derby :D

Have him set as playmaker and my central striker as target man, run onto ball, and he threads balls through the back line like Gazza!!!

This kid and also Mason Bennett from Derby are two awesome talents. I have tried for a couple of months now to sign both, but derby always refuse (even a 12mil cash bid) but then they went and got promoted which made it even harder to try and sign them!

Into 2018 now and he is an England regular. He moved to Celtic on a free transfer from Derby in 2017 and was far too good for the SPL. I found this quite disappointing really as he should of been moving to a better league (no offence Scottish readers) and Derby had just got into the Premier League as well. Luckily, he only stayed at Celtic for a year before Fulham paid 8m for him. Will be interesting to see how to does in the English Premier League but he very much looks the part.

• 5 weeks later...

Have my scouts looking at him start of second season, but we're being quoted prices like £17 million for him and considering some of the more experienced players who are rocking up on the transfer list going in to christmas I doubt we'll be making a move for him yet.

Will keep him shortlisted though.

• 3 months later...

Signed him as a free transfer in 2015/16 on a Dortmund save. Now 3 seasons on in 2018/19 but I still can't see him as a first choice CM or AM because attribute wise he's just consistently good but not excellent at everything.

Each season he's not part of my first team plans at the start so I tend to send him on money spinning loan deals, however this season he went to Bayern on loan and was tearing up so recalled him as he was helping their title challenge too much. But since returning he's my only player averaging under 7.00.

Loan Record:

Liverpool (5m loan) - 38 apps; 11 goals; 6 assists; 7.32 rating

Everton (2.5m loan) - 32 apps; 10 goals; 10 assists; 7.50 rating

Bayern (half season 2.2m loan) - 16 apps; 9 goals; 2 assists; 7.60 rating

For me:

Dortmund - 11 apps; 0 goals; 3 assists; 6.98 rating

I tend to play a staggered midfield with a DM (Busquets/wonderkid regen), RCM (Vidal/Gundogan), LAM (Bittencourt/wonderkid regen) so in theory he could actually be my ideal RCM as being left-footed he can attack nicely. And with Vidal & Gundogan both on the brink of starting to decline as footballers (Gundogan's also had a poor season) it could work out nicely, but he's just not cutting it at the moment. For AM Bittencourt has developed into a fantastic player and I can't see Hughes ousting him.

After seeing this thread I'm now considering a foolish idea of training him to LB & training Alaba to take over in RCM...

Nothing wrong with making him a wing back, he definitely has the attributes although his creativity would possibly be a little wasted wide.

I'm more disgusted how a player of his ability has ended up playing for Stoke, never has a player suited a club less :D

I'm sure that comes with experience of watching him every week with your derby county season ticket!

Signed him as a free transfer in 2015/16 on a Dortmund save. Now 3 seasons on in 2018/19 but I still can't see him as a first choice CM or AM because attribute wise he's just consistently good but not excellent at everything.

Each season he's not part of my first team plans at the start so I tend to send him on money spinning loan deals, however this season he went to Bayern on loan and was tearing up so recalled him as he was helping their title challenge too much. But since returning he's my only player averaging under 7.00.

Loan Record:

Liverpool (5m loan) - 38 apps; 11 goals; 6 assists; 7.32 rating

Everton (2.5m loan) - 32 apps; 10 goals; 10 assists; 7.50 rating

Bayern (half season 2.2m loan) - 16 apps; 9 goals; 2 assists; 7.60 rating

For me:

Dortmund - 11 apps; 0 goals; 3 assists; 6.98 rating

I tend to play a staggered midfield with a DM (Busquets/wonderkid regen), RCM (Vidal/Gundogan), LAM (Bittencourt/wonderkid regen) so in theory he could actually be my ideal RCM as being left-footed he can attack nicely. And with Vidal & Gundogan both on the brink of starting to decline as footballers (Gundogan's also had a poor season) it could work out nicely, but he's just not cutting it at the moment. For AM Bittencourt has developed into a fantastic player and I can't see Hughes ousting him.

After seeing this thread I'm now considering a foolish idea of training him to LB & training Alaba to take over in RCM...

Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot of your tactic? I've just started what i think could be a similar tactic on my United save. How has it gone for you?

I signed him for Newcastle at the start of season 2 for £5.75m and he rotates with Sissoko and Cabaye as an advanced playmaker in CM. Screenshot taken in July 2015.

He's done a lot of developing and still has a way to go according to my coaches

WillHughes_OverviewAttributes_zpsd928eaad.png

Sgned him at start for qpr, slowley bled him in, by 4th season was first choice, now won everything with me barring champs league and captains england. Worth 19 million, so consistant 7.86 av over 52 apps last season

• 1 month later...

bought him for 12 million 2nd season for Blackburn. won league and got into Europe but he wasn't happy and wanted a higher profile team to play for. sold him for 40 million middle of 3rd season to Chelsea. one of the best players in the game imo had him alongside goreztska in the heart of my midfield.

• 1 month later...

Bought him for £3m for my Swansea team in January of the 14/15 season. Went straight into my first team and has remained there since. Its now the 17/18 season and he's worth £25.5m and is easily one of the best players in the Premiership. Unfortunately his contract is up at the end of the season and I can't afford his wages. Waiting for a suitable offer to come in before I sell.

Will Hughes

Archived