SI please do not treat us with an update for fm 2011

Usually, in my posts I urge for the graphical improvement of the game, requesting SI to make certain proposed changes.

Some the replies that I get are attacks from short-minded indivuals which cannot understand how a good game can become better or excellent.

I insist that the game as it is has fullfill its potential and effort must be made to enhance the graphical side of the game.

Real life stadiums or open platform for users to include their own

Imagine the satisfaction of taking up an amateur team and leading them to Nou Camp after some years.

The human player needs strong representation of its success

Night games

European Game experience

CL games opening ceremony and anthem (without the logos perhaps due to the licence)?

Improved animations

Dribbles & Tricks by star players

Build your own stadium: let the player build its super-mega stadium as an indication of success and club development.

Trophy room with graphical representation

Build training ground feature as with stadium and associate with success and wealth

Other improvements that can be made outside the graphical part are:

Certainly the AI tactics need improvement and responsiveness to human tactics

Increase difficulty. It is very easy to win the CL after 2-3 years if not from the first year

Choose country of pre-season training and associate with success

Improve and allow financial management: sales of replicas, tickets, etc.

Thanks and I hope you take into account some of these

Many of the suggestion can't be done without licenses (Champions League music, trophies, stadium models etc).

Other won't be included because they aren't under a managers remit (designing stadiums, training ground, ticket prices, replica shirt prices).

Many of the suggestion can't be done without licenses (Champions League music, trophies, stadium models etc).

Other won't be included because they aren't under a managers remit (designing stadiums, training ground, ticket prices, replica shirt prices).

Yes but the game need to evolve. And I am not talking about the original ones. They can leave open slots for modders to include the original stadiums, flags, etc

All extremely good ideas (though I think the stadium is too far). However, it comes down to issues with licenses. No matter how much we want it, we won't get things like this until SI decide to buy the rights to project them.

All extremely good ideas (though I think the stadium is too far). However, it comes down to issues with licenses. No matter how much we want it, we won't get things like this until SI decide to buy the rights to project them.

It's not always down to SI "deciding" to buy them. Some licenses are held exclusively by other companies *cough* EA *cough*. Some national associations and/or leagues simply do not license content.

It's not always down to SI "deciding" to buy them. Some licenses are held exclusively by other companies *cough* EA *cough*. Some national associations and/or leagues simply do not license content.

PLEASe pay attention: I did not ask SI to include Nou Camp if they do not have the licence.

But they can leave an open platform to their simplistic 3d models so that they can be replaced by the ones put in by the users.

Their models are not so complex as PES 10, FIFA, etc, They are a sum of some polygons

a new idea: go play director of football or fifa manager. This game is for many different types of computers whether budget or not. Say if you implemented your ideas, some computers would not be able to manage, therefore decreasing amount of people who purchase the game. Also agree with a previous post that this is a management sim, not a chairman/sim city piece of tard. SI do a great job of producing FM and it will get better. The database will improve, more realism and interaction as well a different interface I would imagine. People should stop with stupid ideas that would make a completely different game because it takes the shine of decent feedback that doesnt get as much views because people like the OP just whinge. If you dont like the game's features dont buy it

Some people want these tweaks, but for the life of me I can't fathom it.

Give me leagues not currently in the game (properly, not via the editor) before bells and whistles!

PLEASe pay attention: I did not ask SI to include Nou Camp if they do not have the licence.

But they can leave an open platform to their simplistic 3d models so that they can be replaced by the ones put in by the users.

Their models are not so complex as PES 10, FIFA, etc, They are a sum of some polygons

YOU need to pay attention. My post was in direct response to the post by stemlfc, not your OP. You can tell because I quoted him - and not you - in my post.

Usually, in my posts I urge for the graphical improvement of the game, requesting SI to make certain proposed changes.

Some the replies that I get are attacks from short-minded indivuals which cannot understand how a good game can become better or excellent.

Comments like the above do you no favours and lead to negative responses rather than constructive discussion.

I insist that the game as it is has fullfill its potential and effort must be made to enhance the graphical side of the game.

Others would disagree as would I, there is plenty to improve including the graphics.

Imagine the satisfaction of taking up an amateur team and leading them to Nou Camp after some years.

RL stadiums won't happen due to licences but I could see allowing users to create their own as a possibility in future additions.

Agreed, more recognition of success.

Night games

European Game experience

CL games opening ceremony and anthem (without the logos perhaps due to the licence)?

More individuality about different competitions would enhance the experience.

Improved animations

They were improved this year and I would expect they will be again next version.

Build your own stadium: let the player build its super-mega stadium as an indication of success and club development.

With editor, possibly see ^

As a manager, no thanks.

Again would be nice and enhance experience.

Some people want these tweaks, but for the life of me I can't fathom it.

Give me leagues not currently in the game (properly, not via the editor) before bells and whistles!

i second that, maybe fm2087 might have what you want but ill be long gone by then. please be real we are only in the 2nd year of 3d graphics, maybe other games might be more suitable for you i am not been patronising i just feel you would be happier

Can't find the fm11 wishlist thread or whatever it is called but the main thing I would like to see is a further improvement on player individuality/ styles on the pitch. This has been addressed somewhat wiht things like ppms but I still feel that a lot of players with similar stats will play very similarily in fm but play very differently in real life.

Plus more immersion into things like fan and media reaction, not just that they think a player is playing bad but how they would like to see them playing.

A lot of this will only come with an enhancement of the graphical engine adn I do not know how fully to explain what I am saying.

I would be happy to hear everyone's thoughts on these suggestions?

It is not a game which has ever had to rely on fantastic graphics - it is a text based game and should reamin so as much as possible.

We all want the game to improve, but some things are subjective.

I don't think the game has fulfilled its potential

Again, this is not really what the game is about.

Agreed - there is not enough recognition of success

Night games

European Game experience

Would be a nice tough but may get repetitve don't you think?

Improved animations

No. This is Football Manager. This is not what the game is about

Again what wwould this really add?

Build training ground feature as with stadium and associate with success and wealth

Not really sure what you mean by this. You can upgrade your training facilities

This gets better every year.

Increase difficulty. It is very easy to win the CL after 2-3 years if not from the first year

Try doing it with Portsmouth. If you manager Barcelona or Chelsea it is going to be eaier. If you want a challenge, try LLM.

What do you mean when you say "associate with successs"? You can go on tours of countries in pre-season.

Again, no. This is not what the game is about. Managers IRL do not micro-manage ticket sales, pies, bovril, shirts or anything else.

You're welcome.

If i remember right i asked SI about including a feature that has your team collecting a trophy if they win something, (be it the league, a cup etc...).

They said it was something they were looking at implementing but were concentrating on other things first, like the AI, the ease of access to Tactics, the match engine, the transfer system, the regens etc. etc. etc.

Im all for a better looking game with more variation but i want the gameplay to remain the main focus for SI.

Besides which if you realy want you can use an editor to edit your teams kit every season.

If i remember right i asked SI about including a feature that has your team collecting a trophy if they win something, (be it the league, a cup etc...).

They said it was something they were looking at implementing but were concentrating on other things first, like the AI, the ease of access to Tactics, the match engine, the transfer system, the regens etc. etc. etc.

Im all for a better looking game with more variation but i want the gameplay to remain the main focus for SI.

Besides which if you realy want you can use an editor to edit your teams kit every season.

I agree. SI should spend more time concentrating on improving game play and removing bugs before release than making fancy graphics that would become tiresome a few months down the line.

Great start, you've got everyone onside with this comment

You insist? Well I'm sure SI have taken note and only now are on the phone to Pixar for their advice.

Imagine the satisfaction of taking up an amateur team and leading them to Nou Camp after some years

What do you mean? Games happen at the Nou Camp, San Siro, Old Trafford etc? You want pictures? Use google.

What do you suggest? Bells, whistles etc?

Night games

Last time I checked my team played games at night. And in the day. Imagine that.

European Game experience

Licensing. Enough people make graphics and logo packs for those of you with limited imaginations.

Improved animations

Its going to happen eventually but I and many others would be sorely upset if other improvements didn't happen because they were polishing the animations.

2d classic and a dose of imagination gives me all these and more.

Ah, stadium building that well known facet of Mourinho's job that keeps him busy. No basically its not the managers job so not needed.

You have a pathological desire for pictures? I can only assume this has something to do with the dulling down of educational standards over the last few years.

See what I said about stadiums

Tactical side of the game is constantly being looked at, in line with RL

Not if you are in the BSS you can't.

You can already schedule your own pre season, not sure what it has to do with success though.

You mean, take the finance directors job as well?

See my comments in bold

btw when are we going to hear about 11? dont they release in late september? only 2 months left.

Released in late October/Early November for last few years. Info starts leaking out around August time. Posters get over excited on these forums around June. It would seem we are about on track ;)

@ Edgar555 you are lame, ignorant and give little input to this forum. Instead of mocking the op's questions and giving us you're silly opinions, how about you give us 1 positive feedback or else go feed a dying worm.

@ Edgar555 you are lame, ignorant and give little input to this forum. Instead of mocking the op's questions and giving us you're silly opinions, how about you give us 1 positive feedback or else go feed a dying worm.

He has every right to an opinion as long as he expresses it within the forum rules. You, however have no right to be abusive so cut it out.

Other won't be included because they aren't under a managers remit (designing stadiums, training grounds.

This is not true. Arsene wenger had a big part in the development of emirates and no doubt had a hand in how the training ground was set up.

I myself would love to be able to develop your ground and be able to see it in 3d

He has every right to an opinion as long as he expresses it within the forum rules. You, however have no right to be abusive so cut it out.

Do you consider his answer an opinion?

I would not answer to him as I believe he is probably a 10 year old with plenty of time. Bu sometimes you should, as a moderator, guide him to the right direction

I would not answer to him as I believe he is probably a 10 year old with plenty of time. Bu sometimes you should, as a moderator, guide him to the right direction

Just because he didn't agree with your ideas, doesn't mean he hasn't got his own opinion on the matter, mate.

I for one would prefer gameplay to be improved before cosmetic features such as the ones you've suggested are implimented. As nice as having correct stadiums, etc, would be, I would much prefer SI to spend their time fixing existing bugs and making the game in general better.

Full of pleasantries aren't you. FrazT's already warned you but I'd just like to say that I am not forced to give positive feedback. I don't have any about these ideas because I think they are useless and miss the point of a text based sim (which FM is). I want gameplay improvements ahead of graphical polish thankyou very much.

As for giving little input to this forum? Do you really think so? Maybe you should ask the hundreds of posters I've helped over the years, particularly in GPTG. GD sometimes brings out the worst in me, mainly because its populated by people like you and your mate rossi. You have an idea and think that it must be accepted by everyone. Thats not how life is my friend and once you learn to accept that you'll get along much better.

If you want to know my age then just click on my user name and my profille will tell you.

See my answer above to UAE4life. Just because I disagree with you doesn't stop me putting my opinion across. Yes I was sarcastic and you don't like it because you know that people would laugh. They weren't laughing at you though they were laughing with me, you are just way too uptight and need to get with the program.

I'm sure FrazT thanks you for your moderating advice.

Take care.

I personally wouldn't mind a "feeder club" type request of setting up an academy around the world a la FM Live.

It could very well work out like the feeder club system; if you have enough money and reputation, you can ask the board to set up a youth academy in Brazil, or Argentina or whatever.

It would also be of benefit if say you're managing Chelsea or Man U or any other big club but decide to be the Ghana/China/North Korean manager; you can set up an academy to try to develop those youngsters and dominate the world.

As a Canadian, I know we won't be in contention any time soon (until I legit take over the CSA......) but I like developing the Canadian national team in FM and if I'm coaching at Juventus and want to set up shop in Canada to help develop my national program, that could very well make international management more compelling.

Full of pleasantries aren't you. FrazT's already warned you but I'd just like to say that I am not forced to give positive feedback. I don't have any about these ideas because I think they are useless and miss the point of a text based sim (which FM is). I want gameplay improvements ahead of graphical polish thankyou very much.

As for giving little input to this forum? Do you really think so? Maybe you should ask the hundreds of posters I've helped over the years, particularly in GPTG. GD sometimes brings out the worst in me, mainly because its populated by people like you and your mate rossi. You have an idea and think that it must be accepted by everyone. Thats not how life is my friend and once you learn to accept that you'll get along much better.

If you want to know my age then just click on my user name and my profille will tell you.

See my answer above to UAE4life. Just because I disagree with you doesn't stop me putting my opinion across. Yes I was sarcastic and you don't like it because you know that people would laugh. They weren't laughing at you though they were laughing with me, you are just way too uptight and need to get with the program.

I'm sure FrazT thanks you for your moderating advice.

Take care.

You're feedback is simply provoking, however I have better things to do.

Thanks for the support Mr. moderator.

Any particular reason you seem to be picking a fight with edgar555 in every thread tonight? I wouldn't mind or care normally, but anal little upstarts trolling the opinion of other posters who've a right to share is frankly just annoying.

If you really do have better things to do, please go see to them, that way I can enjoy my visit this fine evening. Thanks.

So you want the mods to support your unprovoked abuse of me. HMMM. Not quite how this forum or life work I'm afraid.

What neither you nor Rossi seem to get is that I am putting across a point of view that is different. Not necessarily right or wrong, just not yours. I want improvements to FM but I'd like the gameplay and certain parts improved (media, training etc) ahead of polish.

A satified customer then. ;)

While I'm at it, that smiley didn't look like a roll eyes smiley, it was only when I quoted that I saw what it was meant to be.

A satified customer then. ;)

While I'm at it, that smiley didn't look like a roll eyes smiley, it was only when I quoted that I saw what it was meant to be.

Nah, it looks like a smilie that's high. Has been nicknamed the 'Ruckus smilie' in OTF. :D

Back on topic -

Real life stadiums - yum! Yes please. Would be nice, but I doubt SI will deliver open platform any time soon.

Night games

Probably something they have thought of, but the 3D was only brought in during 09, so it's just a minor enhancement. But yes, I agree, it would be nice.

European Game experience

No thanks. Unless you have the option to skip it. Pretty cool the first time, annoying thereafter, especially when you play 10 seasons. If I bring Tamworth Town up from wherever they're lingering right now, all the way to the CL, yes, I'll sit through that opening proudly, but probably only the once. An AWARDS ceremony at the end of the competition - THAT's something I'd like.

Improved animations

Again, I'm sure it's always being worked on.

Ditto

I really don't think this is necessary in FM.

Again, unnecessary IMO. Licencing is one issue, but what will it add to the game? A generated picture of your trophies? I can imagine them well enough.

You can already ask for improvements as your club becomes richer/more successful. It's sufficient.

Constantly being worked on...

Not for everyone. Some people still find it difficult to win the CL and League with Man City's billions within 3 years. You'll never please everyone here. If you want a more difficult challenge you can either pick a less able team than whatever big team you choose now, or use the editor to change their financial model/reputation etc.

You can choose to go on tour pretty much anywhere already. this is sufficient IMO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So that's my opinion. Some good ideas in there for improving the look of the game, but I would much rather these take a back seat over gameplay. They still need to sort out press conferences, club reputation (ie, players choosing lower wages at mid-table Liverpool over CL-regulars Newcastle/Villa/Leeds), transfer negotiations, game stability, newgen attribute allocation, AI transfer targets, AI tactical aptitude, board confidence, fan confidence... and some other niggles.

Once they're sorted out, I'll fully support calls for a prettier game.

To be fair, all of the points raised in the second thread regarding FM09 were spot on.

I don't believe so, but regardless, it was not the points raised, but the manner in which they were raised that showed his poor attitude.

I don't believe so, but regardless, it was not the points raised, but the manner in which they were raised that showed his poor attitude.

I see where your coming from about the tone, but coming from somebody who experienced them problems its spot on for me. I didnt have an internet connection at the time so after paying for the game, I then had to phone a Premium rate phone number (from my mobile as I had no landline) to activate the game. Luckily I got my code right from the booklet or I would have had to do it all again at more expense to me. Massive error from SI that year. Glad it was sorted for 10 though :thup:

I see where your coming from about the tone, but coming from somebody who experienced them problems its spot on for me. I didnt have an internet connection at the time so after paying for the game, I then had to phone a Premium rate phone number (from my mobile as I had no landline) to activate the game. Luckily I got my code right from the booklet or I would have had to do it all again at more expense to me. Massive error from SI that year. Glad it was sorted for 10 though :thup:

I didn't suffer the problems that were pointed out, but have suffered other, probably just as annoying problems in the past. It takes very little time and effort to calm down enough to post a sensible, constructive complaint to SI. They are much more likely to respond if people are polite about the problems they are having and don't rant about it. Imo ranting like the examples shown in the links shows a lack of maturity.

Please think before you post.

While we try to read as much as we can on these boards and generally let you guys get on with it sometimes things just get too personal, when they do sometimes I just stop reading. Please recognise that not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you and don't throw a wobbly when they disagree. This board is for discussion not abuse.

The features graphically I'd most prefer is improved celebrations for trophies - skippable if desired and the ability to tour a new stadium. It feels a bit of a downer to finally get that momentous occasion of opening a new stadium only to not really be able to "see" the stadium much. I would like the idea of virtual fly-bys and view of not just stands but roof.

I'd only want it for new stadiums really, as far as I'm concerned if i want to see a real life stadium, I can just look it up on the internet, but for a brand new stadium for my team, I damn well want to see it.

Archived