How often do you go on "Holiday"?

During the season I holiday between nearly every game, I don't think there is much to do apart from checking scout reports which I do after the game as it doesn't take that long. During the summer I never holiday as I am too busy wheeling and dealing.

I find it strange how come people just want to plough on through the summer. For me, the summer can take ages to get through. I usually spend lots of time trying to identify exactly the right players to bring in and then trying to get them in, as well as trying to offload those players I no longer think I'll need. I also take friendlies quite seriously.

Like many others, I've never been on (FM) holiday either.

Always so much to do in the game. Every day there are tasks to be accomplished and things to tweak.

I always try to play the game as "realistic" as possible. If I were a 'real' football manager, I'd watch every first team match in full, rather than disappearing to the players lounge, and popping down to the dugout every now and then to see the "highlights". ;)

Also I doubt my chairman and staff would be too happy if I kept taking holidays when I'm meant to be managing the Club. :):p

In other words, I like to fully immerse myself in the game. I pay attention to everything, and skip nothing.

Never did till a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to ''see the future'' so have been ''on holiday'' day and night since , just checking in now and then to sign players, make sure things aren't falling apart- whether you use it or not, it's a great feature to have in the game, life in the 2030's is great, you'd never believe the advances!

Lol wtf, looks like I'm the only one who takes lots of holidays, I holiday for like, 3 out of every 5 matches. I play FM barely 1 hour every 2 days or so, and I dont want that limited time cut out even more playing unimportant matches.

I only holiday after the league is won, but even then I tell my Ass Man to pick the yout players I want played, its just a way of getting unimportant matches out of the way. Now I change this though on two occasions, when I've a European final after the league, or I'm chasing a record.

Unimportant matches? The only uninmportant matches there are, are friendlies. A match against the last gives no less points then a match against the first.

I manage Chelsea, and the unimportant matches for me are usually against the teams in the last 5 - 6 positions, as I win them regardless of whether I go on holiday, and the opening rounds of the League cup and Fa cup. Like I said previously, I dont get to play FM much, so I like to get ahead as fast as possible.

I manage Chelsea, and the unimportant matches for me are usually against the teams in the last 5 - 6 positions, as I win them regardless of whether I go on holiday, and the opening rounds of the League cup and Fa cup. Like I said previously, I dont get to play FM much, so I like to get ahead as fast as possible.

:thup:

Holiday only against very weak teams, like if i play Arsenal or Man Utd/City and if i play against lets say.. Bradford City .... ill Holiday for sure ;)

Only when I'm managing at the International level, or when I've won the league with a good number of games still left to play, which usually only happens when I'm playing as a club in Eastern Europe. Most other times the league is fairly close down to the last few weeks.

Usually when I'm playing in Hungary or in the Czech Republic I sail away with the league title.

Never, although sometimes I skip the European Championships or the World Cup after the season ends for me (detail level off, holiday until June 29th, get some work done). But rarely - half the time I'm watching the matches like a fan anyway, keeping an eye out on my players (usually watching the 4-5 players involved for Italy, for example).

Archived