1 things you want from FM10

list the 1 thing you want to see in the new game over everything else. but not new features as that's for wishlist.

1: i say it year after year. The abilty to change the kits for away games and at the end of the season. Yes the manager doesn't have much imput but for instance if i manged a team i would make sure the kits reflected the team and that we wore certain colours against certain teams. Also as hundreds have said, it gets boring seeing the same colours seasson after season.

list the 1 thing you want to see in the new game over everything else. but not new features as that's for wishlist.

1: i say it year after year. The abilty to change the kits for away games and at the end of the season. Yes the manager doesn't have much imput but for instance if i manged a team i would make sure the kits reflected the team and that we wore certain colours against certain teams. Also as hundreds have said, it gets boring seeing the same colours seasson after season.

the manager doesnt have much input??? damn right he doesnt, its nothing to do with him, so why should he?? if the board decides they go out n play in green n yellow polka dots each week, then so be it. why on earth would the manager have any say in this whatsoever ??

the manager doesnt have much input??? damn right he doesnt, its nothing to do with him, so why should he?? if the board decides they go out n play in green n yellow polka dots each week, then so be it. why on earth would the manager have any say in this whatsoever ??

I'm sure managers get a say. Shankly chose Liverpool's red on red for example. I know that was a while ago but I still think a manager could influence a decision especially if he's been at the club for a while.

It was on i think CM4.

Attributes that shows you like a real coach - Attack coaching etc, all starts off at 10 and then changes.

Say my team are renowned for scoring lots of goals and being technically good, but goalkeepers were poor, often tired and conceded a lot in last 10 mins:

Attacking 18

Technique 19

Coachin GK's 8

Mentality 7

Fitness coaching 11

I just think it adds an extra element.

I'm sure managers get a say. Shankly chose Liverpool's red on red for example. I know that was a while ago but I still think a manager could influence a decision especially if he's been at the club for a while.

Klinsmann also selected Germany's current away kit, as follows:

The away jersey color has changed several times [...] The last change, from black to red, came in November 2004 on the request of Jürgen Klinsmann, citing that teams in red are statistically more successful, and perceived as more intimidating.

Personally, I think it might well be a nice little touch to add a kit editor in a future version of the game.

As for what I want from FM10, it's massive improvement in most areas to be honest.

I hope that it will be quicker, smoother and a return to FM08 speed. I hope that the 2D view might hugely improve and that the 3D might even improve too. I want the whole experience to be a bit more dynamic and enjoyable.

Regards,

C.

Which applies to a fairly large proportion of Football Manager's content.

Its not up to the manager to negotiate wages and transfers usually either, but thats still in the game.. i think its a good idea

The ability to cancel a substitution, if the player you've already decided to substitute scores before the substitution takes place.

It makes no sense that a manager would go through with substituting a goal scorer seconds after he scores. He'd tell the guy warming up to be the replacement to sit back down in the dug out.

FM10 should give you the option to cancel it. It could also be following by some commentary saying that the manager should've had more faith / player x bucks his ideas up after seeing substitute warming up etc...

This option could also apply to when a player gets injured before the confirmed sub comes on.

If that makes sense?

Its not up to the manager to negotiate wages and transfers usually either, but thats still in the game.. i think its a good idea

the manager will have a lot more input to wages and transfers than kits. kits are set in stone really, especially the "first" kit you really think any manager could go up to their board and change the kit colours ?? SAF can go and say, hang on glazers, i think we oughta play in all blue, and theyll accept it ? no ? so theyll sack him instead? no ? kits = sod all to do with manager. wages = part of transfer budget so its EVERYTHING to do with manager. wages come out of the oerall transfer budget.....

This is sad, I would wait until Christmas for FM to be released if I knew it had realistic newgens.

How is wanting it released the same day as Europe sad, we wait 2-3 weeks usually here in the States for the same game. I dont see that as sad but to each thier own.

The ability to cancel a substitution, if the player you've already decided to substitute scores before the substitution takes place.

It makes no sense that a manager would go through with substituting a goal scorer seconds after he scores. He'd tell the guy warming up to be the replacement to sit back down in the dug out.

FM10 should give you the option to cancel it. It could also be following by some commentary saying that the manager should've had more faith / player x bucks his ideas up after seeing substitute warming up etc...

This option could also apply to when a player gets injured before the confirmed sub comes on.

If that makes sense?

I agree you should be able to cancel a substitution, but don't agree that it "makes no sense" to take off a goalscorer seconds after he scores. I do it all the time, mostly because I only have 1 decent striker, so if he scores to make it 2-0 I get him off and save him for the next match.

I agree you should be able to cancel a substitution, but don't agree that it "makes no sense" to take off a goalscorer seconds after he scores. I do it all the time, mostly because I only have 1 decent striker, so if he scores to make it 2-0 I get him off and save him for the next match.

You're right. If you're saving him, his condition was low, or there was another game in a few days it would make perfect sense.

I suppose it depends on the match situation, but it would be nice to just have the option.

If I could have one thing it would be the ability for a league's reputation to increase based on the performances/reputation of the teams therein.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would be willing to fellate up to three SI employees in return for this feature.

Thanks.

If I could have one thing it would be the ability for a league's reputation to increase based on the performances/reputation of the teams therein.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would be willing to fellate up to three SI employees in return for this feature.

Thanks.

In before me. :D

But i'd like to add that maybe if league reputation does change quite a bit then Champions League and Europa league allocations should change as well, either to add more places or less depending.

Strips is all to do with the brand name who makes them, for instance Nike, Umbro.

The design the home strip , in the traditional colours and style, and then make the away strip look good so they can make money. The club only has a little say, that desision doesnt even ciome close to reaching the managers table.

i wouldn't say that seeing the same colours is particularly boring.

my choice would be to cancel substitutions though.

I'd like to have one match where i didn't have an injury in game (green/red cross). Also, to have long term games feel like they continue rather than just a season and then another season after where achievements from the previous season have been totally forgotten.

Strips is all to do with the brand name who makes them, for instance Nike, Umbro.

The design the home strip , in the traditional colours and style, and then make the away strip look good so they can make money. The club only has a little say, that desision doesnt even ciome close to reaching the managers table.

should still be in the game though.

the manager just doesn't decide.

In before me. :D

But i'd like to add that maybe if league reputation does change quite a bit then Champions League and Europa league allocations should change as well, either to add more places or less depending.

The allocation of European places does change each year depending on the co-efficent rankings, which are based on the last 5 years.

You're right. If you're saving him, his condition was low, or there was another game in a few days it would make perfect sense.

I suppose it depends on the match situation, but it would be nice to just have the option.

Sorry to bang on about substitutes, but it would also be nice if they sat a bit closer together in the dugout. At the moment they seem quite far apart. Surely they'd be sitting closer to each other? Unless they disliked one of the other subs.

a drastically improved 3d match engine, that looks neat and tidy instead of looking like something from the 1990's! kinda like champ mans match engine which looks tidy and smooth

On the pre-release video:cool::rolleyes:

I would like more build-up around younger players for new articles. Like talking about whether they are big prospects for the future.

Managers used to have input in to these things, I think now they would still have some input in to it, perhaps just to say yes or no.

To say they don't would be forgetting the Liverpool example above and the fact that when Don Revie took over Leeds he changed their kit to all white as he wanted to emulate Real Madrid.

So the suggestion isn't a bad idea really, I think his point too could be stretched to more areas to make the manager feel more a part of the club he is managing.

3 Things i want

-Possibility of having a son higher :D

-Make it easier to get on the Favourite/Icon/Legends list

-Realistic transfer fee's (e.g. i had to pay £54 million to get luka modric, in real tottenham would probably have accepted a £25 to £30 million pound bid for him)

well, mate, LUKA is the best midfield player in English premier league now, so that big fee is normal.

Well for me the ability to interact more with non-eu players and persuade them that it would be in their best interests to take up dual nationality when they are eligible would be the first thing I would like because as it currently stands some players don't take it up and there is nothing you can do to encourage them and imo it makes the whole work permit thing a real pain especially if your managing in the uk.

I also would like more discussion with my board before they accept offers from other clubs for members of my backroom staff.

1 thing (2 actually but they are closely related) I want from FM10 is improved interaction and media across the board.

I want to have dialogue options available to me when a player becomes unhappy so I can address any concerns or try to persuade him to stay, rather than having to get rid of him.

I want conferences either removed, toned down, or improved significantly so they aren't so repetitive and so the news item that follows one isn't simply a cut and paste job of a random question and your answer.

I want more news stories, especially concerning big events (cups won, big derby games), so it immerses me more.

I'd like the interaction and media on a match day improved so big matches are distinguished between small matches, and the pundit feedback needs adding to so I don't have to keep reading the same few lines "No one will be happier than manager blah blah that his side won today"...yeah, whatever. Also the depth of CM10 team talks should be noted by SI.

Media and conferences can't be half done, or it becomes repetitive too quickly and they damage the game rather than add to it in a positive way. Lots more diversity needs to be added to make them worthwhile features.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to the 50 contributors already, but what's the point of this thread? SI have already finalised all their ideas for FM10 - there's nothing more to be added. They'll tweak away and drip info up to release date, but they sure as heck won't be adding any new features just because its suggested in this thread!

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to the 50 contributors already, but what's the point of this thread? SI have already finalised all their ideas for FM10 - there's nothing more to be added.

Thats not necessarily true. If they get something really good here then there is nothing stopping them from adding it in one of the patches that will inevitably be needed for the game.

Archived