Most annoying message you've ever had....

Just a bit of fun this.. What news item has made you want to launch your laptop through the window, or at the very least, free transfer the player involved?

A bit ago I got my Championship side to the FA Cup final. It was 1-1 in the 89th minute and my striker missed a penalty. Blazed it well over the bar. Awful penalty. He then missed two sitters in extra time and a penalty in the shootout, which we lost. By one.

Less than a week later he popped up demanding a transfer because he wanted to move somewhere where he might be able to lift some silverware! Grrrr!

I sold him as soon as I could just because he'd been so irritating!!

Liverpool chairman Tom Hicks has decided not to extend your contract, you are now released from the club.

After finishing second in the league two years in a row i think that is harsh, i won the F.A cup, and league cup and PL runner up twice.

My talented Paraguayan striker was attracting a lot of attention from a wealthy club. Eventually my chairman was smitten by the mega-money on offer and went above my head and accepted an astronomical bid for him. I shrugged my shoulders and started mentally spending the money.

However, my striker rejected the contract offer, and the next thing I know he is angry with ME! I see his status and he says he is 'incensed' that I accepted a bid for him, and was trying to force him out of the club.

I nearly wept with frustration and injustice!

(Ironically, his anger at me coincided with his best run of form that season, so every cloud has a silver lining.)

My talented Paraguayan striker was attracting a lot of attention from a wealthy club. Eventually my chairman was smitten by the mega-money on offer and went above my head and accepted an astronomical bid for him. I shrugged my shoulders and started mentally spending the money.

However, my striker rejected the contract offer, and the next thing I know he is angry with ME! I see his status and he says he is 'incensed' that I accepted a bid for him, and was trying to force him out of the club.

(Ironically, his anger at me coincided with his best run of form that season, so every cloud has a silver lining.)

nothing will beat that!!!

lol yes i hate coming to the end of a season, you need to 3 points for the premiership league win and player x pops up with a goal in injury time 'and that's his first goal of the season, he sends the fans in to raptures' blah blah "^%*("£^$%

Liverpool chairman Tom Hicks has decided not to extend your contract, you are now released from the club.

After finishing second in the league two years in a row i think that is harsh, i won the F.A cup, and league cup and PL runner up twice.

HAHA wow the game did well on tom hicks..

my most hated message told me that my star striker who i spent all my budget on a week ago would be injured for 6 months...:(

I just promoted to the PL for the first time and spent 10m of my 11m budget on a striker who was way better than any player I had at the club - 1 week after signing him I got a message saying he would be out for 8 months! He ended up missing the entire season but went on to become a club legend.

Imagine, although you're the start of season underdongs, you go on an immense unbeaten run, lead the league by a massive margin, yet the media still thinks your cack! That annoys me. ;)

Too true. I took my Toronto FC team to the top of the league (when our expectations were low) and when asked "Who will win the league?" I naturally replied that we would...then the media laughed at me and my players threw a fit.

Too true. I took my Toronto FC team to the top of the league (when our expectations were low) and when asked "Who will win the league?" I naturally replied that we would...then the media laughed at me and my players threw a fit.

That in itself is the single most annoying part. I was 25 points clear in the league and exactly the same thing happened to me. :confused:

Maybe there's a lesson here, don't put all your eggs in one basket ;)

At least I had the last laugh in the end...too bad SI didn't give me the option to hold a press conference while holding onto my trophy, just to rub it in a tiny bit!

Doesn't really do it so much on the '09, but on previous versions of the game it always used to go on and on about the fact that a goal had been disallowed for offside: extremely frustrating when you think you've just scored..... commentary went something like:

"Oh but no!!.......

"It's been disallowed.....

"Their player was judged to be offside....

"He strayed past the last defender.....

"He thought he'd scored but he hasn't.....

"The goal won't stand!.....

"It'll be a free-kick to XYZ United....

etc etc until you scream and start throwing things.

Oh also,

the most annoying message i've NEVER had, was when i recently completed my first ever undefeated on any FM/CM... EVER, and was expecting a huge fanfare in my inbox...... and there was nothing.

Not so much a message in the inbox but on the analysis screen when it says 'X goalkeeper has not conceded in X number of minutes', or 'X player is suffering a goal drought having not scored in X number of minutes'. You can guarantee if it's your 'keeper he will concede and the player will score against you.

As bolton, just before the start of my third season.

Signed Oleg Husyev for 13m 6 months previous and had set about building the side around him, only for Phil Gartside to accept a £27m offer from chelsea for him.

My best player gone, half my squad wanting to move to a bigger club/annoyed that i've rejected bids for them. So i've had to COMPLETELY rebuild my team 2 weeks before the start of a new season.

I find that whenever i look at the statistics before the match, i.e "Wayne Rooney continues to suffer a goal drought, having not scored in 886 minutes", that almost guarantees him to score against me.

Also, i HATE it when the scouts come back and recommend Kaka, Beckham and Messi.

My mum could recommend them to me!!

Player X 'doesn't believe he will benefit from changing his game'

Right, you little sod. I've jst seen you blast 65 one-on-ones at the 'keeper. I'm your boss and I am telling you to TRY AND LOB HIM.

I don't really give a damn what you want. I pay your wages.

^ hahaha

The "and thats his first goal for..." sometimes i get so annoyed with that i just shout "no its not his bloody first goal for them!" and exit it! Sucka i win....

Either that and "And thats his first goal of the season"

Currently managing Man Utd and during a conference,

"There is a rumour stating that you are looking to sign XXX..."

Well, when I look at the player stat, I found that I have never heard about him and he is awful..

I was just disappointed that why will he links to my team.

And somemore the rumour shows "you want to sign this player..".

A better player please!

Sigh... :p

As Man Utd manager, I win the Prem & CL in my first season and two messages I get at the beginning of the next season make me angry. First "Ben Foster is looking for a new challenge" Unbelievable, he played at least half the games last season, won a EPL & CL medal and he wants a new challenge!! I have already bought Akinfeev (who I know is better but that's not the point) to replace VDS so I've now got to go and get another keeper! Then at the start of August....... "The board are satisfied with your performance as manager. Blah, Blah. However they are slightly disappointed with the signing of the 17yr old right back you paid £500,000 for last season and who is touted as being able to be better than Gary Neville! Argh!!!!!!

Yeah i hate signing young kids to train and they go

"Dissapointed that he's played so few games"...no crap he's like 16/17 i ain't gonna start him over Sergio Ramos lol.

One that annoyed me was this:

"Rodrigo Palacio doesn't feel motivated to play under you because you have a poor reputation"

my reputation is World Class his is continental. If i'm the one with poor rep your's must be shockingly poor that really annoyed me lol selling him just because of that dropped him to Real Madrid C as well

Oh and another one.

'And that's his first ever goal for.....'

It is so annoying! I thought it was just me that hated it when this happens, but thankfully, I'm not alone!

Another annoying little thing (not a message) is when someone bangs in a 30-yard screamer, and then when you look at their stats, their long shot attribute is 8 or something!

I like this one to be honest :D
"Steven Gerrard has broke his leg, he will be out for 6 months"

Soon to be changed to "Stevie G will be out for 6 months due to a stretch in Walton Prison":p

In a press conference, I found out my reserve left-back (would have been first choice but for a loan) talks about a lack of harmony, when we were on a 6 game winning streak, plus he wanted to play more, so I packed his bags for him and punted him from FC United all the way to Queens Park in Scotland. Hopefully that is the last I ever see of him.

I've always laid the law and walked out when anything like that has happened....If the chairman is more interested in money than there club going well, then i dont particually wanna be there, cause whose the say the next star i bring in, or bring through the ranks isnt a wonderkid, and then bang, 2 years down the line, there the next messi, and my charimans just sold him for 15 mill!

With my Rushden team in League 1 I had found a gem of a young player, he was in my first team at 16, had 20 assists and 15 goals by Janurary and he was a CM (not on laptop with the game so can't do screen shot) but I got offered 20mil for him by Everton, Liverpool and Newcastle. The chairman accepted and I was loving it, 20mil to play with in League 1! Check my inbox and it tells me he turned down each contract offer because he wanted more money... greedy git!

Was so angry, I had a whole new defense lined up on the money I would have got from selling him... To add insult to injury he demanded a move a few weeks later. Ended up selling him for 5mil in the summer after his form dropped :/

He's now an England regular at Everton on 80k a week... greedy greedy man!

My most annoying one was my keeper got injured in the last game of the season, and i was given the options of leaving to physio, or giving him an injection allowing him to play in the champions league final against barcelona! i have never given the painkilling injection before, but i thought this was an extreme case and surely any player would want to play in the final!

Nope, not my goalie, who rejected the injections and spent the next season wanting to leave the club because he was unhappy with me!

My most annoying one was my keeper got injured in the last game of the season, and i was given the options of leaving to physio, or giving him an injection allowing him to play in the champions league final against barcelona! i have never given the painkilling injection before, but i thought this was an extreme case and surely any player would want to play in the final!

Nope, not my goalie, who rejected the injections and spent the next season wanting to leave the club because he was unhappy with me!

yh i got that gerrard refused injection on fm 07 desoite the faxt we need ed to win to win the league, misse d apenalty tht would have wn us it grrr :mad:

and i raise my players contrat to the highest at the squad he stil complains hes not reiceving enough as bournmouth in fm 07 5,00 a wek in 2014 is enough, so he goest west brom, but we won promotion we eat them in play offs his goals g=could do nowt lol

Archived