Most annoying message you've ever had....

With my Rushden team in League 1 I had found a gem of a young player, he was in my first team at 16, had 20 assists and 15 goals by Janurary and he was a CM (not on laptop with the game so can't do screen shot) but I got offered 20mil for him by Everton, Liverpool and Newcastle. The chairman accepted and I was loving it, 20mil to play with in League 1! Check my inbox and it tells me he turned down each contract offer because he wanted more money... greedy git!

Was so angry, I had a whole new defense lined up on the money I would have got from selling him... To add insult to injury he demanded a move a few weeks later. Ended up selling him for 5mil in the summer after his form dropped :/

He's now an England regular at Everton on 80k a week... greedy greedy man!

badly unlucky

just a bit of fun this.. What news item has made you want to launch your laptop through the window, or at the very least, free transfer the player involved?

A bit ago i got my championship side to the fa cup final. It was 1-1 in the 89th minute and my striker missed a penalty. Blazed it well over the bar. Awful penalty. He then missed two sitters in extra time and a penalty in the shootout, which we lost. By one.

Less than a week later he popped up demanding a transfer because he wanted to move somewhere where he might be able to lift some silverware! Grrrr!

I sold him as soon as i could just because he'd been so irritating!!

easy! When your winning by 2 goals and it says mid game can they salvage anything, its like a shaman is saying it because minutes later its 3-2 to the opposition

The most annoying message I've had is "Barcelona score 2 goals in the space of 5 minutes"

Why was that annoying?

Because that was the 7th goal they scored against my Arsenal team in the Champions League quarter final second leg.

Not only that, this was within the first 40 minutes of the game. I ended up losing 7-0 in that match :(

Even more annoying when I had won the first leg 2-0 and only needed an away goal just to put them out. :(

I have three.

First, Gremio was stalking my centerback for a good two months. I wasn't interested in selling, and he wasn't interested in leaving (as evidenced by the repeated comment, "X is happy at Grasshopper and has no intention of leaving"), but after pretty much every game I had a message in my inbox that he was either extremely impressed with his ability, extremely impressed with his potential, or would do his utmost to sign him. Mildly irritating, but harmless.

I also have a bipolar keeper who says he wants to be sold right up until the point where offers for him start coming in. At that point, he asks to be taken off the transfer list. He's done this for each of the last three transfer windows; the last time it happened, I signed him to a big contract afterwards, so maybe I'll get a reprieve.

His backup is an idiot who's showing "Slight Concern" with "Superb" morale after being transfer listed. I also was asked about him in a press conference, where I flat out said he had no future with the club, that he was transfer listed, and that he may never play. That concern, of course, isn't about his transfer status; it's about me saying my centerback would win Swiss Young Player of the Year. Apparently he disagrees...he wouldn't know, of course, because I've never played him.

As Man Utd manager, I win the Prem & CL in my first season and two messages I get at the beginning of the next season make me angry. First "Ben Foster is looking for a new challenge" Unbelievable, he played at least half the games last season, won a EPL & CL medal and he wants a new challenge!! I have already bought Akinfeev (who I know is better but that's not the point) to replace VDS so I've now got to go and get another keeper! Then at the start of August....... "The board are satisfied with your performance as manager. Blah, Blah. However they are slightly disappointed with the signing of the 17yr old right back you paid £500,000 for last season and who is touted as being able to be better than Gary Neville! Argh!!!!!!

Sorry but had to report this. After the bit in bold I went on a search for a replacement keeper for Foster as he 'wanted a new challenge' and had turned down my new contract offers. So I signed Asjeno (spelling) and offered Foster to other clubs. Two days later and Foster decides that he is happy at the club and now doesn't want to leave. I now have four keepers (VDS in last year of contract) and Foster won't leave despite me not playing him! Surely this is bordering on a bug! I'm sure that had I not signed another keeper then he would have still wanted to leave.

Sorry but had to report this. After the bit in bold I went on a search for a replacement keeper for Foster as he 'wanted a new challenge' and had turned down my new contract offers. So I signed Asjeno (spelling) and offered Foster to other clubs. Two days later and Foster decides that he is happy at the club and now doesn't want to leave. I now have four keepers (VDS in last year of contract) and Foster won't leave despite me not playing him! Surely this is bordering on a bug! I'm sure that had I not signed another keeper then he would have still wanted to leave.

This is EXACTLY what happened with my keeper. If you no longer need him, maybe try loaning him out?

I got a message that if a consortium would buy-out Tom Hicks at Liverpool, I would be sacked and Frank Rijkaard would take over.

It was March, and Liverpool were top of the league by 5 points, CL Semi-Finals and still in that competition, still in the FA Cup and winners of the Carling Cup :(

Player X vows to end goal drought or Player X hasn't scored in an incredible Y hours.

Press conferences when you've won the league they constantly ask who will win.( Pre 9.3)

[scout name] updates on ..... assignment

[scout name} was unable to find any players to recommend since his las update

Player X vows to end goal drought or Player X hasn't scored in an incredible Y hours.

Press conferences when you've won the league they constantly ask who will win.( Pre 9.3)

[scout name] updates on ..... assignment

[scout name} was unable to find any players to recommend since his las update

Yes had those too:D

the scout one... once when one was scouting central europe he couldnt find any players:rolleyes: yeah right

"Matt Murphy has told the media that he is finding it hard to motivate himself at Solihull Moors and that he needs a new challenge."

After 11 years - 6 Premiership titles, 2 Champions League, 1 FA cup and 2 League Cup titles - I have to find myself a new Neil Ruddock :(

Happened to me too, with Joe Hart playing as man city. I signed Remy Vercoutre as Asenjos new backup as Hart wanted to leave. Then he suddenly changes his mind when Vercoutre arrives :p loaned him out to Real Madrid for the last 6 months, then newly promoted Reading got him for 1,5 million.

seems like you need to change backup keeper every season. Now vercoutre ha left for barca after being unhappy even though i his contract said he was backup.

You are 0-0 at the last game of the season, with this win you would win the League, score a 90min goal and the assistant referee raises his flag. Then you have a message that you have been sacked.

Thats a real kick in the stones...

Archived