The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

i have a quick question, i have started this challenge with Padroense. First year promotion to the third tier, i could make a B team so i did. But i want to change the tactics to my tactic but the settings seem a bit all over the place...

I can't change anything in the tactics screen and in my training screen no option for my tactic. 

428908641_ScreenHunter978.thumb.png.06bdd9fe205a79d05608a9cbdfb06c10.png842289752_ScreenHunter979.png.5d83f55dd865758251a8f58152f8d8dd.png513008265_ScreenHunter977.png.b17170d884ad01af04c144a4f84ceda7.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badge.jpg.bd3ae59626dd27a663b630ca4c02b8cc.jpg

SEASON 2 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

MANAGER PROFILE - CHARACTERISTICS - ATTRIBUTES

CLUB PROFILE - GENERAL - FACILITIES - HONOURS - FINANCES - TRANSFERS

LEAGUE CUP

After winning the cup last season and getting ourselves into Iceland's highest division, I was hoping we could have a real go at this trophy this year. We (just) got through the group stage on goal difference after 3 wins, 1 draw and a loss. The semi-final though was our last stop with a 3-1 defeat to Valur. Not bad though and an improvement on last seasons group stage exit.

LEAGUE

As cup holders we started our main season with the Champions Cup against league winners KR. A 2-1 defeat not the worst result and maybe a sign that we could hold our own in this league. Well that sign was soon proved to be wide of the mark. We started the season with 5 straight losses. There were some slight signs around July that we may be able to string a few wins together and we had our head just above water with 5 games left, but 4 straight losses mant we were down before the last game. A 4-0 win at home to 4th place KR adding more frustration than anything, as it left us wondering where these performances had been all season.

ICELANDIC CUP

Real dissapointment in the cup this season. Going in as holders I was hoping we would at least put up a fight, but it wasn't to be. Out at the first stage to Por, who are from the league below.

EURO CUP II

Entering Europe well earlier than expected meant I wasn't quite sure how we would fair. We drew Faroe Islands side HB in the first qualifying round and was 4-1 up at one stage in the first leg. The first leg finished 4-3 and a comfortable 3-0 home win meant we was through to play FC Midtylland of Denmark. A much tougher test. The away leg was first and we literally hung on for our lives. Despite being battered we took the lead with around 10 minutes to go. A late equaliser meant we came away with a draw and an away goal. What a result!! The joy was short lived though, as we came crashing back down to earth with a 7-1 home defeat and that was that.

THE PLAYERS

Getting relegated and underperforming in most of the competitions meant there wasn't really much to write home aboout. Aron Skuli Brynjarsson finished top goalscorer again and goalkeeper Oskar Sigporsson finished with a 7.06 av. rating, although he did concede 66 goals in 34 matches. Pall Magnus Valdimarsson broke into the first team, but only managed an average rating of 6.60, whilst attacking midfielder Hallur Huni Porsteinsson chipped in with another 11 goals from midfield.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Another promising intake, with Patrekur Sverrison a particular highlight making 5 appearances at the end of the season with an average rating of 7.26. The preview had once again predicted a golden generation.

1993309441_ClubFacilities.PNG.b600900878a8790d985b55c7d0472a66.PNG

470820893_PlayerInfo.PNG.b327d36bd9b6682318714d4a50168c12.PNG

203426478_SeasonInfo.PNG.fe673d02c2be35435d2e2a036842de8d.PNG

2 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Does somebody know the the date for france to get different teams?

You want to have the CFA active (4th tier). You can see it, but you can't pick a team in it. Just save in January, then save scum to get the team you want promoted.

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - Overall, a better season than last year and a good run in saw the club finish sixth and qualify for the play offs.

Play Offs - A tough draw away to Gateshead in the first round put paid to our promotion hopes as we were well beaten 3-1.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We had more maddening inconsistency, but we were always in and around the play off hunt.

F. A. Cup - A tough draw away to National League side Harrogate Town saw the club eliminated at the fourth qualifying round stage for the second year running.

F. A. Trophy - We went out at the first time of asking, in the second round, at home to Chester, just like last season.

Pre Season Friendlies - Much better than last season with just two defeats in our ten matches.

Squad - Much stronger than last season with some outstanding young players.

Squad Dynamics - Pretty solid as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Two departures, with our best player, Barry Wardrope being sold for £100,000, being the biggest deal.

Youth Candidates - A phenomenal intake this year with several outstanding talents.  Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33 being the obvious stand out player.

Finances - We are still in the black, though we don not have as much cash as we used to, largely down to the upgrades for the youth academy.

Key Players

Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33 - The best player at the club who refuses to sign a contract.  He will probably go this summer Everton are already sniffing around him.

Johnny Connerton YP24J42 - Very young goalkeeper who has performed well.

Chris Doyle - Another good season from the central defender.

Curtis Jones - The Jones & Doyle centre back partnership continues to perform.

Regan Linney - A better season from the striker who will struggle to get game time going forward, with the emergence of Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33.

Next Season

Making the the playoffs again will be the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National C ↑           6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑
2023/24    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑           8 ↑   8 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   6 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑           Adequate ↑         Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑     Good ↑↑            Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Exceptional ↑↑     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42
2022/23      51 ↓      22 ↓     11 ↓     18 ↑        89 ↓            77 ↓               +12 ↓
2023/24      51 =      24 ↑     13 ↑     14 ↓        97 ↑            84 ↑               +13 ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42              316 days
2022/23         111        55       23       33         215             161                 +54              673 days
2023/24         162        79       36       47         312             245                 +67            1,048 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        3rd       Third round                     N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Quarter final of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North       10th ↓     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Lost in first round of promotion play off.  Second round of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ross Holland YP22A1                       6
2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                       40
2023/24    Scott Jones YP22F6                       56

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Scott Jones YP22F6                     1
2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                    13
2023/24    Scott Jones YP22F6                    14
           Ryan McCormick YP23C19                14

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0
2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                      1
           Tim Barker YP23L28                      1
2023/24    Ryan McCormick YP23C19                  5

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    Scott Mason YP22G7                         1
2023/24    Scott Mason YP22G7                         5

My star man has gone.  For peanuts too.  You may be wondering why I accepted this.  Well, clubs were bypassing the club and offering him a contract directly and the tribunal fee was a paltry £7,500 plus an sell on clause of only 15%.  So I accepted the £800 offer from Newcastle with a 50% sell on clause.  Time will tell if I am right.

LBafCpN.png

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

My star man has gone.  For peanuts too.  You may be wondering why I accepted this.  Well, clubs were bypassing the club and offering him a contract directly and the tribunal fee was a paltry £7,500 plus an sell on clause of only 15%.  So I accepted the £800 offer from Newcastle with a 50% sell on clause.  Time will tell if I am right.

LBafCpN.png

That sucks man.  100% the right call in my opinion, now you just have to pray the Newcastle AI doesn't screw you over!

Canet Roussillon FC 2019.png

Canet Roussilon FC 2021/22 Season

9c039bbb41c64d8471881d4b1bc2e2c3.png

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Squad

Youth Intake (2021/22) Youth Team (involves 20/21 Intake)

In what started out as a fairly average season, we actually nearly stumbled our way into the playoff spot, but couldn't keep up the pace towards the end of the season. After our first 17 games, we hadn't lost at home or won away and was sitting pretty comfortably in the middle of the table. Then I lost at home and all hell break loose, losing only 1 of our last 16 games. Funnily enough, that loss was at home. Against Creteil....

Whilst we've got a couple of decent youth players, they're actually in positions where we have an embarrasment of riches. Joel Bopesu can play either left back or left wing and he's a natural at both. On the other side, we've got Quentin Martin who is almost a copy of Bopescu. Can play right back or right wing. Jean Vercruysse topped our goalscoring charts with 17, with Toufik Ouadoudi getting the most assists and the highest rating in the team.

67302ecbd06f5c55a06adce727c3ecef.png

- Bit of a note at the end. None of the National teams got entered into the French Cup? It seemed to completely skip our league out, @witticism did you experience this with Rouen?

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Youth Candidates

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

Good grief.  I have an absolute monster.  A beast.  The rest of the intake is pretty special too.  Quite a few are immediately going into the first team squad. I am signing the entire lot to contracts.

85no7Bo.png

UBjWUpt.png

cXdSJcx.png

dVIDl69.png

4rD9y8L.png

WOW! I never get players like that so early on.

Edited by Padders

20 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

LBafCpN.png

Oh no, just read that you got him, now he has gone! Gutter!

Brora Rangers - 2037/38

47800a555b00754ac2e37b3c132939ba.png

4f56faecd63493f10cda0f87bb9e4f9d.png

Fantastic season by us! We were never even near relegation zone except the first two rounds. Gerard Fox continued being absolutely fantastic. Now there are two not that great things, firstly Taylor Foulds would not renew his contract so I sold him to Hibernian for 800k. Funnily enough, they accepted the departure date to be on the end of the season so we stuck with Taylor for whole season. Second thing is that we are currently in takeover talks (for two months already) so I could not upgrade anything as I was waiting for the prize money to come our way. Balance is now 2mil so we could have upgraded a plenty. There's also been talks about new manager if takeover goes forward and something about changing philosophy from youth setup away :( Lets see how it all goes.

b6d41605738edee519d4fbfc17ffc978.png

Transfers | Youth in-take

Key players: Gerard FoxRoss Rae & Taylor Foulds

Youth watch: Russell GrimmerDavid McGuffie & Cameron Irving

c4ccc45d213f42bd0f3d83d848b66657.png

Academy graduates:

Spoiler

9c8fef63d8c305bc1602a0673586ec29.png

2 hours ago, Anners said:

You want to have the CFA active (4th tier). You can see it, but you can't pick a team in it. Just save in January, then save scum to get the team you want promoted.

I did exactly that.

Just to make it clear and right, I can take one of those 4 promoted teams?

https://i.gyazo.com/67ae7bcc484e275e4478ec05c84297ca.png

Badge.jpg.e4c2ec371f3f18a8bc75cc91e952e960.jpg

SEASON 3 - ICELANDIC FIRST DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

LEAGUE CUP

3 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw see's us progress to the sem-final again. This time we come up against HK who are too strong for us as we crash out 4-1. A semi-final defeat for the second season running. 

LEAGUE

So back to the first division to see if we can do it all again. We start the season away to Prottur R. and things get off to a bad start with a 3-1 loss. Alarm bells are ringing, but they shouldn't be, as we follow this defeat with 5 wins on the bounce. A couple of setbacks with losses to Keflavik and Prottur V. would mean that we weren't having things completely our own way, but after 18 games we have established ourselves a 6 point lead over Fram and an 8 point gap to 3rd place. The title isn't quite wrapped up, as we go on a 3 game winless streak, including a 2-0 loss to Fram. We go into the last game of the season knowing that we needed to better Fram's result to take our 2nd First Division title. A 5-2 win at home to Prottur V. meant we had kept our end of the bargain. The shock of the day came as Fram lost 5-1 away to Keflavik and the title was ours.

ICELANDIC CUP

After last seasons dissapointment, I just wanted a better showing. A 4-0 win away at Njarovik and a 4-1 win at Arborg meant we could be satisfied. Drawn against Premier Division Breioablik, I just wanted to see some fight. It wasn't to be and a 5-0 home defeat meant we went out in a dissapointing manner.

THE PLAYERS

Once again Aron Skuli Brynjarsson was our top goalscorer, only this season he really kicked on. 29 goals in 31 starts and 24 in 22 league games made for a very impressive season. Marteinn Bergsson worked his way into the team, managing 11 goals in 11 starts and right back Kristinn Petursson had a solid season, with an av. rating of 7.02. Youngsters Patrekur Sverrison and Pall Magnus Valdimarsson made first team slots their own, with Sverrison finishing the season with an impressive av. rating of 7.42.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

A very similar intake as the previous two, although this time dubbed excellent, rather than golden generation. Kjartan Stefansson and Gylfi Sigurjonsson looking like the two who could push on.

OTHER NEWS

Of the pitch, the financial situation isn't getting any easier, with us £600k in the red. Not sure how we can turn this round at the moment, without an injection from the board.

Info.PNG.37add7d5be4462cc32157ed015ac04f6.PNG

SD Gernika Club.png

I don't like to play in Spain, but with a new division available, I'm starting with Gernika Club in the Segunda División B Grupo II. I hope to make the city known not only for the Nazi bombings and for the Pablo Picasso famous painting.

The first season is going to be super tough, we only have 12 players in the squad - and no goalkeepers at all! I'll be more than happy to survive in the league, despite our media prediction of 8th (of 18 teams).

Squad | Staff (or lack of) | Finances | Manager Profile

Badge.jpg.d9376dea1160d9c2de8bbc1cabdb6320.jpg

SEASON 4 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

LEAGUE CUP

Not as good as previous seasons, with only one win from five games and two defeats. This meant for  a dissaponting League Cup campaign, crashing out at the group stage. 

LEAGUE

So 2nd time lucky with the Premier Division? Lets see. Pre-season odds of 900-1, suggest we have a major task on our hands. We start the season with a 3-1 loss at home to Fylkir, but manage to follow this up with two wins, including an impressive 2-1 away win at KR. Two losses away from home to Valur and Breioablik (who we are yet to beat), show all the signs of an inconsistent season. A couple more wins at KA and at home to HK, mean things aren't quite as bad as our first go at this division, but they still aren't great. With 5 games to go we are two points above the relegation zone and clinging on for dear life. The surprise of the season comes in the next game. An 8-1 win at home to KA would surely make a big difference, helping morale and our goal difference for that matter! This is followed up with a dissapointing 4-1 loss at HK then three home losses on the spin, meaning we go into the last game of the season in the relegation zone on goal difference. In the final games, FH are away to IA and we find ourselves travelling to bottom of the table Starjan. 2-0 down at half-time and it looks like it's all over for us again. Into the second half and 2 goals in 2 mimutes has us level, whilst 5 minutes later FH go behind. If it stays this way, we are up!! But it wasn't to be. With 2 minutes remaining FH find an equaliser and to add insult to injury, we concede in injury time to lose the game 3-2. Relegation again. It felt different this time around, however it wasn't to be. As Stevie G once famously said, WE GO AGAIN!!

ICELANDIC CUP

Survival was all that mattered this season, so as dissapointing as a 5-2 home loss to Valur is in the 4th round, it wasn't so much of a priority.

THE PLAYERS

It almost goes without saying now, but Aron Skuli Brynjarsson is the top scorer and he carries on last seasons impressive form with 27 goals in total, including 17 in the league. Kjartan Stefansson has a good breakout season with 7 goals in 14 starts whilst Patrekur Sverrisson continues his form, finishing with an av. rating of 7.01. Not too bad for a young centre back, in a struggling team. 

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Every season the intake has been pretty similar so far. Jon Gunnarsson being the standout this season.

OTHER NEWS

I managed to reach the milestone of 100 games.

260840281_SeasonInfo.PNG.947f6b8442bf56291ddab73b39ba3f3d.PNG

2 hours ago, Gbrexiton said:

Is it just me or are the intakes younger this year? I used to get 16/17, now they are 15/16

Obviously not for this challenge, but I've noticed you can sign 14 year olds. Maybe this just passed me by on previous years but it's the first time I've noticed it.

27 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

@Shankly84 i know that the seasons in iceland are short but u played a season in 40 minutes ? :o wow 

No, I have played the first 6 seasons without uploading any of the images. So I am basically trying to catch up. I have one more tonight, then I actually want to play the save for a bit haha.

Edited by Shankly84

Badge.jpg.891ee74f6bd71eabf608606c8793bc4b.jpg

SEASON 5 - ICELANDIC FIRST DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - COMPETITION REVIEW

LEAGUE CUP

Once again, we don't progress past the group stage. 3 wins, inculding impressive 7-1 win at KF, but the Premier Division opposition had too much.

LEAGUE

With pre-season odds of 7-2, this was the most expectation we had ever had on us. We didn't dissapoint! We opened the season with 4 straight wins. A 3-0 battering at Magni might of suggested our start was too good to be true, but we bounced back with a run of 7 games unbeaten, with 6 of them wins. By the time we reached the 18th game it was all but sewn up, despite a 1-0 loss at Stjarnan. 4 more wins meant we had broke the Division points record and romped home. 3rd time First Division champions, we just need to take that form to the premier Division now!!

ICELANDIC CUP

As with last season, this wasn't a priority, promotion was. Nevertheless, three great results of 7-0, 4-1 and 4-1 again, had got us to the quarter-final with little effort. There we met Breioblik, our bogey team. Despite confidence running high in the team, we still managed a home 5-1 loss, and it was a quarter-final stage exit again.

THE PLAYERS

Top goalscorer, you guessed it, Aron Skuli Brtnjarsson, managed 31 goals in all comps. This beat his previous best of 29. A change in formation though had meant that two players previously playing in wide positions, were now central and they added to the goals. Kristoffer Jonsson bagging 19 in all comps and Kristofer Dan Pordarson 20,

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Slightly less exciting than previous years, although Kristofer Hinrikson looks like we could have some fun with him. AMR doesn't fit the current tactic, so he was played twice as a complete wing back (scoring on his debut), and twice as a right sided striker, where he managed another goal. Maybe a breakthrough season next year.

186817354_SeasonInfo.PNG.49dd872e9ac68a3b02fab7d7622e2783.PNG

7 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

LBafCpN.png

That could prove to be a massive windfall, especially if he keeps getting better there. I reckon you made the right decision, hopefully the money comes in before you don't need it anymore!

20201120_223615.jpg.4bab02d7bb55331bff52c998ceff8516.jpg

The honeymoon is over. I made the classic mistake of panicking too soon, after a poor start to the season. We hit 23rd at the low point, things were very bleak that week.

After a slight rebound (returning to same formation after all the panic switching), I'm having a break. Hoping to guarantee our safety tomorrow. Bloody stressful.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Sanno11

South Shields November-December 2022 Update

2145977910_January12023Table.png.31818fa3dbc787b572ac174bbce13c69.png1701835901_November-December2022Fixtures.png.310ce0421f6f3fd0531d7844223de15c.png

Some good status quo and maintaining our position in the playoffs.

2047527456_2023YouthIntakePreview.png.a803c3232dcf280b9985d1e63f996cde.png

Another solid intake but not a golden generation.  Probably time for a new HoYD because our facilities are good for this level.

562934162_2023FACup3rdRound.png.2820532374891fc6204f55686e037986.png

Biggest draw/win in club history.  We have drawn Everton at Goodison Park in the 4th round.

I put my Freamunde save on hold. There are to many bugs in the Portugees leagues. I've started already a new youth challenge in Belgium with the team that I support in real life: Racing Mechelen. I had to go for 4 years on holiday efore they became playable. I hope that is OK @darren1983?

Edit: Steam works again,so added screenhot of my appointment.

Edited by Bartrcm

Too bad you can't check your costs for this challenge before upgrading to youth recruiment, youth coaching, YT and training facilities. Now you don't really know what it will cost you annually and youth setup costs are extremely high for many people.

29 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

I put my Freamunde save on hold. There are to many bugs in the Portugees leagues. I've started already a new youth challenge in Belgium with the team that I support in real life: Racing Mechelen. I had to go for 4 years on holiday efore they became playable. I hope that is OK @darren1983?

As Steam isn't working today for me, I can't upload any screenshots.

Yeah that's fine mate, as long as they're not playable season 1 you can be any side even if you wanted to holiday 5-10 years or so.