What is in your opinion the best league (and club) to play and win with developing and selling youngsters but not be dominant in the first season like I would be with for example Ajax?

dioniz

I'm thinking of starting my FM20 journey with Feyenoord as I like to buy, play and develop youngsters and then sell big, but I don't want to be too easy like it would be with Ajax. Top5 leagues are too good to develop youngsters and you end up loosing and sacked because of too many young players. What do you think? Maybe Sporting lisbon?

31 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

RB Leipzig. Had a lot of fun managing them. Great youth prospects.

Agree with this, I played as Leipzig on FM 17, was my favourite save for years, started following them in real life on the back of this 

Try FC Krasnodar in Russian prem. They have enough class and budget to win the league on first or second season, but raising youth (they have prospects and facilities) is another way to go.

Somehow AI always ditches their talents and starts buying foreigners, maybe you can make it as it's supposed to be

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

How about further afield, perhaps Brazil or Argentina.  Loads of great youth prospects there, plus the clubs tend to make a career of developing youth before selling big to the European teams.

You'll need a big squad though ;).

I prefer to play in Europe somehow. Never managed outside and enjoyed it. 

How about Belgium? 

What about Crewe Alexandra? It's know for it's great youth categories and plenty of premier players started there.

They are now in the 4th level of the English ladder but used to play in the championship.

It's one of the saves I aways play in every FM version to the point that I follow them in real life despite being Spanish myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crewe_Alexandra_F.C. 

3 hours ago, dioniz said:

I prefer to play in Europe somehow. Never managed outside and enjoyed it. 

How about Belgium? 

Belgium would be fine with a special Playoff system. Anderlecht have all the youth prospect but Standard and Genk have fine youth academies IRL.

Antwerp is the new contender for the top 5/6 , they are rebuilding their youth . So this could be a big challenge.

Perhaps Monaco they have a lot of great players from 16 to 23 to start with and great youth facilities to develop more. From England I feel Southampton is a great choice, they have some decent young players already and good facilities if I remember correctly. Another choice could be Bilbao, they produce incredible regens in every save but it's definitely a more difficult option.

probably benfica or sporting but theres a good chance you could win the league with them.

leeds united is worth a shout because they are in the championship, have good youth set up and training facilities.

they already have peacock farrell, jack clarke, kalvin phillips, jamie shackleton, tyler roberts, robbie gotts, tom pearce, temenzhukov etc too who all become good players.

I would definitely recommend you AZ in Holland or Braga in Portugal. Very high level of youth facilities there, many talented players in the squad and challenge of overtaking Big 3 in both leagues. And also big advantage that both teams have B teams in second leagues.

I'm doing this with Sporting Gijon and it is really fun. You'll start in Spain's second league but with great facilities and a fair chance to get promoted in the first or second season. 

The only downside being that in Spain your B team is actually a seperate club and you can't really switch players between your first team and your second team during the season. It's also impossible to find good coaches for the B team. The club doesn't want to hire more than a handful and the good ones will prefer the u19 over the B team.

Other than that, I'm having some great prospects already in my third season. You start with homegrown youngster Pelayo Morilla who can become one of the better AM in the game. 

Em 20/09/2019 em 11:33, killerkoala disse:

Portugal, with teams such as Braga or Vitoria. Good youth, but still a challenge to overtake the top three, who have way more money.

This. I had great fun developing Braga's youngsters and won the portuguese league in my 3rd season (placed second, only one point bellow the first, in my 2nd season).

Francisco Trincão did wonders for me and ended up selling him to Juventus for an absolutely record fee (for Braga).

Rubin Kazan in Russia

Braga in Portugal, hwoever you will find it tough against the big 3

Red Bull Salzburg in Austria

Toronto or New York City in MLS if you know or fancy learning the rules.

Any Australian team, they are all pretty even.