How do you watch your game? Key highlights, extended, full match?

How do you watch your game? Key highlights, extended, full match?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch your game?

• Full Match
    • Comprehensive
    • Extended
    • Key
    • Only Commentary

Comprehensive and 3D. Matches are short enough to get through them and allow a career to develop, but long enough to allow you to get a feel for how the tactics are working without suddenly finding yourself conceding goals without warning.

Key all the way. The only time I've switched to Extended was when I was trying to turn Frenkie de Jong into a Libero on FM18 and wanted to see why it wasn't working. I rarely focus so much on a position though, so have no need.

I tend to switch to 2D if I'm playing a 442 - I find watching the two banks of four defend more satisfying that way for some reason.

Comprehensive in 3D. I can't detect tactical flaws quickly enough to be able to rely on Extended, so I need to watch more of my games in order to identify patterns and make adjustments. If I don't get to see much of the action, I tend to have no idea what is going on, since my tactical mind isn't sharp enough to draw conclusions from just a couple of highlights.

Thanks for all the answers so far. Comprehensive seems to be more used than what I thought, I'll give it a shot in my next game since I will play against Real Madrid in Champions Legaue (I'm playing FC Porto), so it's a tremendous game to watch carefully.

Key and in 2D. Can see my tactics better in 2D but I personally think over analysing has become something we're being almost told to do in recent FMs. FM has always been the best players win you games. I took Leyton Orient to 7 Champions League wins on FM17 without looking to see who was passing where and why. 

22 minutos atrás, Scorer15 disse:

Key and in 2D. Can see my tactics better in 2D but I personally think over analysing has become something we're being almost told to do in recent FMs. FM has always been the best players win you games. I took Leyton Orient to 7 Champions League wins on FM17 without looking to see who was passing where and why. 

I can't enjoy 2D. Yes it was the best we had in CM (I played a lot CM4) but once FM introdiced 3D never went back. I know a lot of people only play in 2D tho :)

5 horas atrás, bestbrother disse:

Not played 19 yet but im assuming Commentary Only is still and option...either way thats how I play the game on the fastest setting, blitz the matches as quick as I can.

It is yes, but personally haven't used that option since... well, since 2D came out. CM4 I guess, not sure.

I must say I am surprised, given the general mantra that you 'need to watch full or Comprehensive to see how the tactic behaves' I would have expected a lot more responses in that direction. 

I am a Comprehesive 3D watcher, pretty much every game. Only drop to Key or extended for occasional pre-season games.

Archived