The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AcidBurn said:

How is everyone? Been a long time since I posted in here!

It's going pretty well. The community has a strong base of committed users to hold it up, and we're still getting new users popping up every now and then and consistently posting. There was a lot of activity on here when FM18 was released, so that was pretty awesome to see. It's calmed down considerably now, but there's still plenty to read. Hope you stick around!

On 4/2/2018 at 00:42, oriole01 said:

It's going pretty well. The community has a strong base of committed users to hold it up, and we're still getting new users popping up every now and then and consistently posting. There was a lot of activity on here when FM18 was released, so that was pretty awesome to see. It's calmed down considerably now, but there's still plenty to read. Hope you stick around!

It does look busy in here which is nice to see! I've not posted for so long as I've struggled to really play a proper save long term, will read some threads and see if it inspires me to start anything up :)

11 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

We'll start our own internet! With blackjack, and hookers!

In fact, forget the internet....

and the Blackjack.

Edited by Maw74

10 hours ago, AcidBurn said:

It does look busy in here which is nice to see! I've not posted for so long as I've struggled to really play a proper save long term, will read some threads and see if it inspires me to start anything up :)

Oh it is :) It always slows down around Easter but it's certainly very active this year.

Back on here after a small hiatus because my hard-drive gave up and had to be replaced so lost everything including my Moldovan save. Started a new save with a England down to level 10 update and picked AC London, the club formed after the London riots in 2011. An amateur club that starts in the Combined Counties League Division 1. I was promoted first time of asking, breezing the league by 8 points with just four losses, we scored 113 goals along the way. Now I am in the Combined Counties Premier Division and I sit 3rd after having played 14 games. I may start a thread in a few seasons time if my interest is still enthused for this save. 

Not really settled into fm18 so went back to fm17 and my Gainsborough Trinity save I had won the league in season 1 and had a pretty decent pre season, started off well in the Vanarama National League but then Bray Wanderers from the Irish Premiership approached me they were 2nd in the Division with only around 8 games to play so I made the decision to leave for them.

I managed to win the league at the end of the season and have made some really good transfers and am looking to build a squad to dominate Ireland for years to come!

season 2 has started well with a Presidents Cup win to give Bray a 2nd Trophy.

I am going to try and win everything over here before moving on for pastures new.

2 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Still off work with a broken heel and after clearing up with Metz been struggling to get in to a save, Deportivo or Bilbao/Sociedad has been tempting but just like Metz I know once I win the CL I get bored :D Any other suggestions bearing in mind I can only do FM09-15 :D

How about somewhere with a strict homegrown requirement? Norway or Sweden are both fun.

17 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

I'm actually thinking maybe Almere might be a choice, or someone else in the  Eerste Divisie now you mention Holland :thup: I do like the idea of any of the nations you said though as they're different to where I usually go. Thanks :) 

Seeing my club get successes would be excellent :thup:

16 hours ago, withnail316 said:

How about somewhere with a strict homegrown requirement? Norway or Sweden are both fun.

Had a few seasons with Rosenborg recently so fancy a different area, thanks though

8 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Seeing my club get successes would be excellent :thup:

Still possible but i'm looking at Cyprus also for something different :p 

Man City just signed Daniele Rugani from Juve for £125m, ridicolous fee for a CB. Looking at the leading transfers that not the most spent so far in the 2.5 seasons of this save. PSG signed Thomas Lemar for £149m from Monaco. Whist Man Utd signed Dybala for £103m and Icardi for £98m. 

FM just won't stop tempting me back after horribly failing many times :p

This time I redownloaded the claassen's Megapack (plus real names and logos so now it's back to what it was a month ago) and am gonna try my hand at an old favorite, the Micronesian competition. We drew against the title favorites in the first match while our expectation is mid-table, so I have faith of finally not getting sacked. One big positive about the competition is that it's empty and short, which makes it easy to breeze through the months without getting immensely fatigued.

Today's Crazily-Named Football Club Of The Day Or However Long Inbetween I Post These: King Faisal Babies / Babes

King Faisal was king of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to his assassination in 1975.

The team is from Ghana...

First season done, finished second to last unfortunatly. However, i'm happy enough that i've not been sacked (though 43% confidence isn't exactly safe sailing), and sure enough I get the feeling this might be the save i've been looking for. It went by quickly enough to not be tedious but slowly enough for me to keep up properly. Now to find a slightly better tactic.

Going well with Bray in the Irish Premier, signing some good young players and building a strong squad. Got Stephen McManus coming in on the 30th June but he will only have a year until he retires also just managed to sign Bradley Fewater from Middlesbrough to partner Rhys Healey up front. Currently leading the Irish premier after 10 games and have also won another cup and going well in all the other competitions, one problem I might have is how close games are together! If I beat Dundalk I will have 2 cup quarter finals in 2 days!! I will need a big squad to manage this fixture list! One problem I have though is finances though only being with the club a few months I haven’t had any European competition so hopefully I can get group stages of the euros next year or I will have to sell a few youngsters when they develop   a bit more to balance the books.

really enjoying this save at the min and want to develop the club and youngsters until I move on

Alright, so I'm looking for inspiration to start a save that I could hopefully get me hooked until FM19 comes out. Any suggestions? Preferably something in a smaller league so that it gives me a chance for nice progression while also not being terribly time-consuming as real-life coaching makes it impossible to dedicate as much time to FM as I used to. Any ideas will be much appreciated. :thup:

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Alright, so I'm looking for inspiration to start a save that I could hopefully get me hooked until FM19 comes out. Any suggestions? Preferably something in a smaller league so that it gives me a chance for nice progression while also not being terribly time-consuming as real-life coaching makes it impossible to dedicate as much time to FM as I used to. Any ideas will be much appreciated. :thup:

Plenty of good saves worth reading. Plenty of nations added in like Cyprus, Lithuania or extensions to nations like down to level 10 of England like i'm doing or down to level 22. 

I think just have a read and that should give you the inspiration you need. 

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

I've yet to read about a Latvian, Macedonian or Kazach save...

Latvia would be great, that's a country I have a weird unexplained affection for and would love to manage in one day.

Those small leagues can be demotivating though, once you're dominating them you're onto a very boring domestic league and only yearly real tests in Europe and the Champions League.

This boring domestic league could actually be perfect for the quick sessions of just one or two games, which is probably going to be how I will mostly be playing.

Thanks guys, I may or may not set up a thread in a couple of days to have another thing to motivate me to keep going. :thup:

Just started a save in the Tweede Divisie of Holland in my own little database (just the proper rules so it works the same as IRL + a fix for one club that apparently isn't set to the correct stadium) and I got smacked 7-2 by a team who loaned 2 really good Feyenoord players and a load of Jupiler League guys. Woo.

Edited by Minuy600

On the topic of Dutch football, just won the CL in my second season with Ajax. Really pleased, totally unexpected early success, because it's the Eredivise and because it's FM all my players still want to leave. So out of anger I applied to the vacant Bayern job but now that I've been offered it I don't know...

I'm torn between the continuous recycle of players and the challenge of building another winning side.

Edited by dnlwrd
Edited for spelling

On the CSE forums I have created an experiment where I will pit the best players from Youtube saves against the best players from SI Forum saves. If you guys could go over to that thread and offer suggestions for both those teams, it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question but I'll go ahead anyway and if there's a better subforum then a mod can move it there...

I have an idea for a career thread. Is it okay to blend narrative elements of the FMStories thread?

My idea involves following my character's career with genuine analysis but maybe using the a story telling style.

12 minutes ago, Atarin said:

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question but I'll go ahead anyway and if there's a better subforum then a mod can move it there...

I have an idea for a career thread. Is it okay to blend narrative elements of the FMStories thread?

My idea involves following my character's career with genuine analysis but maybe using the a story telling style.

That's not problem, in fact quite a few people have a lot more of a 'story' to their threads with some interesting characters and they tend to be very popular.

22 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Returning to the forum after 6 months more or less completely off the forum.

Image result for coming back gif

In my thread, Northern Ireland won Euro 2020 and Scotland won the 2022 World Cup.

(And I had a season where there were loads of own goals, players leaving open goals, late equalisers/winners, players getting injured every match or coming off the physio's bench cleared from injury, clear cut chances all being skied, and more BS leading to sudden relegation.)