Jump to content

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread


deltablue
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/10/2018 at 14:42, oriole01 said:

@deltablue Are you going to put the "featured" tags on the award winners from this year like you did last year? It's a nice touch imo.

Just done.

On 14/10/2018 at 15:46, withnail316 said:

I always thought Mexico was central America too, but it's actually a part of the North. 

 

On 14/10/2018 at 15:48, Deisler26 said:

Ssshh... don't tell Delta

 

On 14/10/2018 at 15:55, BoxToBox said:

Aye, apologies, it's North indeed.

I'm not actually that fussed (though I do consider it the North), it's my dad who denies that 'Central America' even exists. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, noikeee said:

It's central as in there's countries above in the north and other countries below in the south. Just like the US is central in relation to Canada and Mexico.

Trust me, I know globes.

Now, where is my Canada globe just to check you're not lying :herman:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to think I knew what the globe looked like until one particular episode of the West Wing.

This is going to blow your mind. :lol: (or as I'm old, they probably use the new map in schools now and it's just old people like me who don't know what the World actually looks like).

 

Edited by Jimbokav1971
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has anyone ever seen a map or a list of Basque football clubs, (must include France)?

Think I searched before and found a list on wiki.

Edit - Spanish basque one is quite easy to find, french basque not so. I remember seeing Bayonne, Biarritz and Anglet as playable or potentially playable clubs from France. 

Edited by ToMexico!!
edit
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has anyone ever seen a map or a list of Basque football clubs, (must include France)?

The Basque region in France is more of a rugby union area than football, tbh.

There aren't many football clubs (unlike over the border in Spain) but from memory there's FC Pau, Aviron Bayonne, Biarritz and Tarbes Pyrénées. I think at least a couple of those are in the 4th tier.

Edited by withnail316
Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

@Jimbokav1971 FC Pau are actually in the third tier, so available straight out the box.

Cheers. That's brilliant. :applause:

As an ex egg-chaser I'm particularly keen on that area for obvious reasons. Was going to give France a go in FM18 but other than a brief little dabble in the middle I never really managed it.

Pau....... :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Cheers. That's brilliant. :applause:

As an ex egg-chaser I'm particularly keen on that area for obvious reasons. Was going to give France a go in FM18 but other than a brief little dabble in the middle I never really managed it.

Pau....... :cool:

So a Basque theme is your plan for 19 then? A journey from the bottom to one of the three big Basque sides, perhaps? (Might be a stretch to include Osasuna with the two giants, but still.)

Edited by withnail316
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, withnail316 said:

The Basque region in France is more of a rugby union area than football, tbh.

There aren't many football clubs (unlike over the border in Spain) but from memory there's FC Pau, Aviron Bayonne, Biarritz and Tarbes Pyrénées. I think at least a couple of those are in the 4th tier.

Bayonne Crioses is another, there are a few more lower/non-league clubs too, but I can't remember names offhand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

So a Basque theme is your plan for 19 then? A journey from the bottom to one of the three big Basque sides, perhaps? (Might be a stretch to include Osasuna with the two giants, but still.)

It's certainly something I'm considering. At the moment I am considering setting myself up as a Manager with Basque as a 2nd Nationality, starting as low as I can out of the box and then playing as a Youth Development style Manager but opening up the idea of Journeyman only as far as it extends to other Basque clubs. If I get sacked, (I always struggle with a new game), and there are no Basque clubs interested, I might then open up non-Basque clubs but with the same signing rules as before, (so just HG + Basque).

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Bayonne Crioses is another, there are a few more lower/non-league clubs too, but I can't remember names offhand.

Yeah. I would love to have a proper go with an edited database with a really really lowly Basque club, but if I do that I will probably have to skip an edition of FM, (not that I;m not willing to do that as I have done it before). 

Options at the moment are...

  • Gibraltar managing an ex Barnet teenager. (Not sure that Gibraltar is playable in the demo which is a shame). 
  • Iceland Youth Only. (Probably looking like a hot favourite for the demo at the moment).
  • Barnet Youth based. 
  • Basque
  • Regensburg Youth based in Germany. (Don't think I'm capable of doing Youth Only in Germany). 
  • South American journeyman. 

At some point I've got to do a lower league France save. It's been on the list for so long that I've just got to do it. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

13 goals in 35 appearances for San Marino is possibly more impressive. :thup:

 

3 minutes ago, rodesire said:

I assume Nations league matches against minnnows help a bit

I've been in charge of San Marino for just over 2 years now so all but one of those goals have been under my management. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Who's database yo you use @Makoto Nakamura?

If I was going to do one I think it would take me 2 years to do it justice, (but I'm up for that in the right save). 

Claassen's. Although when I manage San Giovanni in FM19 I'll be editing Claassen's database so the Sammarinese sides have a reserve team as well as an U19 team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might I also suggest loading every European league on view-only? I only have San Marino as playable and the rest (all of Claassen's European leagues) as view-only and this was the 2024/25 Europa League group stage, some smaller teams in it already! (Last season saw Brentford make the Quarter Finals!)

681762ba73c0006bb971a56917ebd8c2.png

ae9483c7715a775bd463d9f44d943a6e.png

bf802123b69f2393e6a9033b2ff78fd2.png

Even the Champions League had a Europa League looking group! (Group D)

9758b6c6f6b64377e67ef24637323aed.png

6aeff9782a036ae886c009922a67e472.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Might I also suggest loading every European league on view-only? I only have San Marino as playable and the rest (all of Claassen's European leagues) as view-only and this was the 2024/25 Europa League group stage, some smaller teams in it already! (Last season saw Brentford make the Quarter Finals!)

Could've told me before I started my permanent save on FM17 :rolleyes:

(Just kidding, it's not that important to me. I'll keep it in mind for future saves on 17, if there's gonna be any)

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Could've told me before I started my permanent save on FM17 :rolleyes:

(Just kidding, it's not that important to me. I'll keep it in mind for future saves on 17, if there's gonna be any)

Yeah, I have to agree, having extra nations and ticking the `players in continental competition teams` has really improved the game balance away from big5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2018 at 19:39, BoxToBox said:

Bayonne Crioses is another, there are a few more lower/non-league clubs too, but I can't remember names offhand.

I've just looked at the database we downloaded for that French lower league thingy and that seems to work with your Newgens at Avirons have Basque 2nd Nationality for example, but if I look at the starting squad for Pau on the other hand, not a single player has Basque as a 2nd Nationality. 

Who created the database we used?

If you still have that save, would you mind having a look and seeing if Pau generated Basque players in it please? 

[Edit]

Don't worry, it was Claasen and I've checked and for some reason the smaller clubs in the edited part of the database, (such as your Aviron Bayonne), produce Basque youngsters, but Pau who are in the Basque Country and playable out of box do not. That's sooooooo frustrating. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've just looked at the database we downloaded for that French lower league thingy and that seems to work with your Newgens at Avirons have Basque 2nd Nationality for example, but if I look at the starting squad for Pau on the other hand, not a single player has Basque as a 2nd Nationality. 

Who created the database we used?

If you still have that save, would you mind having a look and seeing if Pau generated Basque players in it please? 

[Edit]

Don't worry, it was Claasen and I've checked and for some reason the smaller clubs in the edited part of the database, (such as your Aviron Bayonne), produce Basque youngsters, but Pau who are in the Basque Country and playable out of box do not. That's sooooooo frustrating. 

I had been thinking of it since, I knew there must be a reason I didn't have Pau shortlisted as a Basque club.

EDIT: It's very rare, but Basque newgens can pop up at any French club, fwiw, I've seen them at PSG, Toulouse, and random non-Basque lower league clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BoxToBox said:

I had been thinking of it since, I knew there must be a reason I didn't have Pau shortlisted as a Basque club.

It's because Pau is not actually in Basque Country but an adjoining region called The Bearn. I've been looking into it this Afternoon. Interesting, bit not good news at least as far as a French Basque only FM19 save is concerned. I loved what you did with Aviron Bayonnes though and might give that a go when Claasen sorts the database out again depending on what happens with wherever I start. :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's because Pau is not actually in Basque Country but an adjoining region called The Bearn. I've been looking into it this Afternoon. Interesting, bit not good news at least as far as a French Basque only FM19 save is concerned. I loved what you did with Aviron Bayonnes though and might give that a go when Claasen sorts the database out again depending on what happens with wherever I start. :cool:

Ahh, that explains it, be worth a crack when the databases are out, quickly became one of my favourite things to do in FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

So we've lost the German 3rd tier but we've gained the French 4th tier, Norwegian 4th tier and Romanian 3rd tier.

7749e78f507a2ac8649535ef8a7e2c8e.png

Never mind. We haven't really gained those tiers.

Lost the 3. Liga? Oh dear.

At least give us the Tweede Divisie and Welsh First Division :rolleyes:

Are the National 2 and Regionalligaen playable straight out of the box?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to make my (totally not) long-awaited return to FMCU with a thread tonight.  Have missed writing for here, and hoping having to do that will keep my interest in the game a little longer than with 18.  Going to try and make things a little different too, rather than just endless screenshots with obvious accompanying text.

Oh, and Hamish Glengarrie is back.

Edited by forameuss
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Hoping to make my (totally not) long-awaited return to FMCU with a thread tonight.  Have missed writing for here, and hoping having to do that will keep my interest in the game a little longer than with 18.  Going to try and make things a little different too, rather than just endless screenshots with obvious accompanying text.

Oh, and Hamish Glengarrie is back.

We've missed reading your posts more than you've missed writing them. :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Hoping to make my (totally not) long-awaited return to FMCU with a thread tonight.  Have missed writing for here, and hoping having to do that will keep my interest in the game a little longer than with 18.  Going to try and make things a little different too, rather than just endless screenshots with obvious accompanying text.

Oh, and Hamish Glengarrie is back.

YAAASSSSS KWEEN

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.