Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HemHat said:

@Sostenos, I'm upset you've made me google Watford, but here's a game where they scored two from only one shot on target, apparently.

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/01/13/england/premier-league/watford-football-club/southampton-fc/2463022/

not comparable at all

they have the worst southampton side since the mid 90s

the burnley side i was playing with was packed with 4.5*+ players thanks to the in game editor.

no excuse for the terribly innacurate stats from both screenshots i posted. 

1 minute ago, Sostenos said:

not comparable at all

they have the worst southampton side since the mid 90s

the burnley side i was playing with was packed with 4.5*+ players thanks to the in game editor.

no excuse for the terribly innacurate stats from both screenshots i posted. 

4 goals from 7 shots on target against Chelsea

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/02/05/england/premier-league/watford-football-club/chelsea-football-club/2463052/

or is this the worst Chelsea side since Ken Bates?

1 minute ago, HemHat said:

4 goals from 7 shots on target against Chelsea

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/02/05/england/premier-league/watford-football-club/chelsea-football-club/2463052/

or is this the worst Chelsea side since Ken Bates?

It certainly is a **** poor chelsea side; they play an overly conservative formation and tactical setup with a **** target man as their only source of goals... 

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/03/17/england/premier-league/liverpool-fc/watford-football-club/2463098/

now that is an accurate comparison; its a comparison to watford playing against an all out attack mentality... 

:idiot::idiot:

yes, you are quite clearly delusional. you tried to compare the results from my ultra attacking formation and high player quality team vs watford to games against either inferior opposition or an overly defensive approach. 

I compared it to a situation where they played another ultra attacking formation with high player quality. 

18 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

Wow, amazing how defensive people get when you point out a game is broken and that someone who insulted back should be punished equally

considering that you only joined yesterday, you have managed to upset a lot of people in a very short space of time, carry on like that and you will find your forum career very short lived

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

considering that you only joined yesterday, you have managed to upset a lot of people in a very short space of time, carry on like that and you will find your forum career very short lived

I'm just winding down time until I can go to the pub, I couldn't really care less whether he thinks the game is broken or not. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

So? If you don't like an opinion then don't comment; not my fault they don't know that. 

I'm just winding down time until I can go to the pub, I couldn't really care less whether he thinks the game is broken or not. 

The game IS broken and there's literally thousands of posts proving it over many different threads.

3 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

The game IS broken and there's literally thousands of posts proving it over many different threads.

If the game is broken or not is not the point.  You are entitled to express an opinion, as we all are, but you need to follow the house rules if you want to stay part of the community

It's pointless comparing the match stats of a game (which nobody on these forums seems to follow in real football in any kind of way from my experience) that allows both sides to be set up so that upon any interception, the opponent has  a free route to goal. I've reported some of the (far more curious) stuff caused by various FMBase stuff throughout the years, but I got no reply. Expect any random garbage to pop up at the worst moments of the seasons. The above, doesn't show anything. The same applies to the majority of tactics populated on the download sections here too.

How that stuff is still supported without an FAQ is beyond me. The wider fanscene is FM Myth central, thousands of players never having "learned to play". Here it's underminig the few decent stuff left, right and centre.

11 hours ago, XaW said:

For you maybe, but a lot of us are enjoying the game and that could be the case for the user as well. You are entitled to you opinion, but I don't agree what so ever.

I played the demo whole day yesterday, I think the interface is quiet complicated, they've certainly added alot of things, even coming from FM17 theres quiet a learning curve..

I'm playing as Atletico in Spain. I have 3 south american players who are considered as FGN. You can only register 3 FGN players in the spanish league. So I bought another one because I saw that one of my FGN players will be eligible for spanish citizenship at the end of the season so I thought he would not be considered as FGN at the start of the new season and I could register another one instead.

But, the player who is eligible to get spanish citizenship never got one. On his profile page it says "citizenship: awaiting paperwork". And the whole summer passed, the new season started and he still has that status. Ususally this is automatic and fast, I have no idea why this takes ages to get done?? Because of this now I could not register the new player who I bought from Colombia..

4 hours ago, aditya said:

I played the demo whole day yesterday, I think the interface is quiet complicated, they've certainly added alot of things, even coming from FM17 theres quiet a learning curve..

Yeah, there are some new stuff added, but for the most part I like it. Let me know if there's anything you're struggling with and I'll help as best I can. :)

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

I'm playing as Atletico in Spain. I have 3 south american players who are considered as FGN. You can only register 3 FGN players in the spanish league. So I bought another one because I saw that one of my FGN players will be eligible for spanish citizenship at the end of the season so I thought he would not be considered as FGN at the start of the new season and I could register another one instead.

But, the player who is eligible to get spanish citizenship never got one. On his profile page it says "citizenship: awaiting paperwork". And the whole summer passed, the new season started and he still has that status. Ususally this is automatic and fast, I have no idea why this takes ages to get done?? Because of this now I could not register the new player who I bought from Colombia..

Just because a player is eligible for citizenship, does not necessarily mean that they will apply for it and that does happen quite often in the game, particularly with players who may not feel there is any benefit.  This may not be the case here, but it is worth bearing it in mind.

39 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Just because a player is eligible for citizenship, does not necessarily mean that they will apply for it and that does happen quite often in the game, particularly with players who may not feel there is any benefit.  This may not be the case here, but it is worth bearing it in mind.

Well.."awaiting paperwork" means he applied and is waiting for passport,no? It's just that it takes ages in this case.

When a player doesn't want it I think it says in his profile.. "sees no benefit" or something like that.

29 minutes ago, Carlos92 said:

Is there a reason why there are approximately 3 million offsides per match?

In my last one I had 3 and my opponent had 1. In the game before I had 1 and the opponent had 2. Are you sure this isn't due to your tactics?

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

In my last one I had 3 and my opponent had 1. In the game before I had 1 and the opponent had 2. Are you sure this isn't due to your tactics?

No, because most of them weren't close to being offside. In a lot of cases, free kicks are being given despite there being several defenders behind the ball and ahead of the player being called offside

Watching games on comprehensive I agree the number of offsides shown during the highlights is disturbing.

@XaW It's surely something variating from match to match but, for a more reliable comparison, could you have a look at your whole season on how many offsides have been called instead of your last match only?

2 minuti fa, Carlos92 ha scritto:

No, because most of them weren't close to being offside. In a lot of cases, free kicks are being given despite there being several defenders behind the ball and ahead of the player being called offside

Honestly, I haven't seen a bad call since FM14 probably. That sounds like a bug and you should report all of them here.

2 minutes ago, Carlos92 said:

If you have many examples of your players being called offside "despite there being several defenders behind the ball" then you should upload all of the pkms to the Bugs forum and open a thread there.

10 minutes ago, Carlos92 said:

That would seem like a bug and I would post it in the bugs section like others have stated.

10 minutes ago, Federico said:

Watching games on comprehensive I agree the number of offsides shown during the highlights is disturbing.

@XaW It's surely something variating from match to match but, for a more reliable comparison, could you have a look at your whole season on how many offsides have been called instead of your last match only?

Yes, but I can't be bothered to check each and every game. And when he states there are 3 million in every match (hyperbole much?) then I would expect to see it quite often as well. If you know an easy place to see offsides per match without going through each and every match, then feel free to let me know.

Has anybody else noticed players needing several touches to bring simples balls under control? A lot of the time, players on both sides play as though they've just woke up from a coma.

Having just moved from 17 to 18, the difference is like night and day. Play into space in 18 seems to be double speak for lump it in a random direction, regardless of whether there's anybody there or not.

It is also annoying how my centre halves keep chasing people into the corners, leaving the keeper and his fellow centre half under real pressure. Is this why a lot of the formations I see on tactics forums feature 3 centre backs?

Edited by Carlos92

I encounter many offsides that have the Ball never come close to the Player that is said the reason for the offside decision - so for example IF my Poacher is offside (which he almost never is bcs he tumbles around somewhere in the offensive midfiled most often and makes me Freak out about it) and my Complete Forward is not offside but gets the ball i get often an offside decision bcs my Poacher was offside but never had the Ball - so could it be with any other Player.

Edited by Etebaer

33 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

I encounter many offsides that have the Ball never come close to the Player that is said the reason for the offside decision - so for example IF my Poacher is offside (which he almost never is bcs he tumbles around somewhere in the offensive midfiled most often and makes me Freak out about it) and my Complete Forward is not offside but gets the ball i get often an offside decision bcs my Poacher was offside but never had the Ball - so could it be with any other Player.

Again, if you have examples of this please start a thread in the Bugs Forum (ME Issues section) and upload the match pkms for the devs to take a look.

5 ore fa, XaW ha scritto:

That would seem like a bug and I would post it in the bugs section like others have stated.

Yes, but I can't be bothered to check each and every game. And when he states there are 3 million in every match (hyperbole much?) then I would expect to see it quite often as well. If you know an easy place to see offsides per match without going through each and every match, then feel free to let me know.

Unfortunately I don't know any other way around to spot offside statistics. But still I'd encourage, both of you guys, to make statements on a solid base and not using "hyperbolic/last-match-I-had" examples.

As I said earlier, according to my experience playing comprehensive basically every offside is shown in the highlights. So that even 4-5 (or more) of them can bother massively, although perfectly in line with real life statistics.

14 minutes ago, Federico said:

Unfortunately I don't know any other way around to spot offside statistics. But still I'd encourage, both of you guys, to make statements on a solid base and not using "hyperbolic/last-match-I-had" examples.

As I said earlier, according to my experience playing comprehensive basically every offside is shown in the highlights. So that even 4-5 (or more) of them can bother massively, although perfectly in line with real life statistics.

Well, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, so I'd encourage you to present data showing that there is an issue. I can only show anecdotal evidence showing the issue is seemingly not present in my game.

If the amount of shown offsides in comprehensive is too much, then I would advise posting in the suggestion subsection and suggest customizing what kinds of highlights should be shown or something like that. I can't say I'm bothered about it, so for me it can stay as it is.

Well i have noticed this offside bug both in fm17 and fm18, that player who is not close to the action is deemed offside and free kick is awarded, its seems like it enough that a player is offside on the pitch then offside is called. 

1 ora fa, XaW ha scritto:

Well, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, so I'd encourage you to present data showing that there is an issue. I can only show anecdotal evidence showing the issue is seemingly not present in my game.

If the amount of shown offsides in comprehensive is too much, then I would advise posting in the suggestion subsection and suggest customizing what kinds of highlights should be shown or something like that. I can't say I'm bothered about it, so for me it can stay as it is.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I already did my part speaking the truth.

Heh. I skipped last 3 or 4 FM editions, because.. you know, terrible ME, that just getting worse for year to year.

Today I had a moment of weakness, I wanted to buy FM18 for some reason, haha. But me are smart! I came here to read some opinions and was amazed by amount of negative feedback, it's seem even worse than in previous years..

Thank you guys for saving me some money.

5 minutes ago, Theos said:

Heh. I skipped last 3 or 4 FM editions, because.. you know, terrible ME, that just getting worse for year to year.

Today I had a moment of weakness, I wanted to buy FM18 for some reason, haha. But me are smart! I came here to read some opinions and was amazed by amount of negative feedback, it's seem even worse than in previous years..

There will always be negative feedback in topics like this. Some of the criticism is constructive; some of it is less so.

More to the point, how can you say that the ME is terrible and getting worse year-on-year when you haven't actually played the last 3/4 versions? Have you not even tried the free demos?

5 hours ago, Theos said:

Rather than listen to a vocal minority (the entire active population of this forum is a tiny subsection of the ownership of the game), just download the free demo and try it out. It costs you nothing, and then you can listen to the best reviewer - your own experience with a product.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Rather than listen to a vocal minority (the entire active population of this forum is a tiny subsection of the ownership of the game), just download the free demo and try it out. It costs you nothing, and then you can listen to the best reviewer - your own experience with a product.

That's the normal advice, however there is a flaw in that advice and that is some of the issues in the game do not appear until the second or third season  and do not appear in the demo which only lasts six months.

13 hours ago, Theos said:

So you thought about buying the game and decided to come into the feedback thread which is basically somewhere to vent your anger when your not winning every match 10-0 and decided not to buy FM?

Genius.

8 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Rather than listen to a vocal minority..

Well, when people are saying 'players not listening to orders' .. 'all goals are following same pattern' .. 'defensive players are dumb and slow to react to anything' .. 'players shooting it terrible and unrealistic and they keep missing the goal from very close range' itc itc - I tend to trust them, because I experienced that myself in previous versions so many times.

So.. Sure I understand that people come here just to complain, when things not going their way. But still I see ME has the same old problems, because of which I quit the game..

3 minutes ago, Theos said:

Well, when people are saying 'players not listening to orders' .. 'all goals are following same pattern' .. 'defensive players are dumb and slow to react to anything' .. 'players shooting it terrible and unrealistic and they keep missing the goal from very close range' itc itc - I tend to trust them, because I experienced that myself in previous versions so many times.

So.. Sure I understand that people come here just to complain, when things not going their way. But still I see ME has the same old problems, because of which I quit the game..

And i can say the opposite from my experience with the game.

Goals, both for and against, have had a great variety.
Defensive players are doing what you tell them to do, to the best of their capabilities. As a manager you have to identify what they can and cannot do and adjust accordingly.
Player shooting is pretty much spot on from my experience. Have my players missed from close range? Absolutely. But they've scored a lot more than they've missed, from close range. Even the useless ones :D

Would you trust that?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb roykela:

Have my players missed from close range? Absolutely. But they've scored a lot more than they've missed, from close range.

Of course they do, 90% of all goals are coming that way. Goal variety was so much better in 17 (more long shots, free kicks and so on).

I do not see great goal variety at all.  I see the "long ball into the channel -> received by pacey striker -> dribble -> cross -> score" pattern over and over and over again.  I play a narrow formation and the vast majority of my assists are crosses from fullbacks and strikers.  The ME is not well balanced right now.

I really, really don't understand how anyone can say shooting accuracy is "spot on".  And there are other issues with defensive pressure and reactions as well, which can cause some oddball stats you see very infrequently in the real sport.

Tbh I see a huge amount, split passes, volleys, had an overhead kick pass set up recently, Rabin assists, low long range rifled shots, long range top corner belters. And my forwards are finishing with conversion rates considerably higher than their real life counterparts