Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

40 minutes ago, roykela said:

If you're using a custom skin then that might be the problem, if the skin hasn't been updated after the latest big update.
The teamtalk screen changed a tiny bit.

That's it! Had the Andromeda skin loaded. Reverted back to FM dark skin and teamtalks are back for me.

Thanks a lot mate! :thup:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Vinnie BBQ said:

That's it! Had the Andromeda skin loaded. Reverted back to FM dark skin and teamtalks are back for me.

Thanks a lot mate! :thup:

Glad you solved it. Happy to help :)

Just had an interesting conversation with my right back - I warned him about his drop off in performance, to which he replied that his for had been ok. Looking at it 5 games ago he got a 7.4 then he got a 6.8 the last three games a 6.2 - it looks like a drop off to me.

3 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Just had an interesting conversation with my right back - I warned him about his drop off in performance, to which he replied that his for had been ok. Looking at it 5 games ago he got a 7.4 then he got a 6.8 the last three games a 6.2 - it looks like a drop off to me.

I think that the game's interpretation of current form is measured over the last 5 games, so perhaps his first 2 games are keeping the rating high enough for the player not to agree with the warning.

13 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

I wouldn't warn him about his performances, just drop him for a few games, if he complains then explain about recent form.

This ME is knackered and makes playing this years game very frustrating. We have good strikers with excellent long shots rating missing the goals from the penalty spot by a good 5-6 yards, then we have top midfielders with excellent passing stats kicking the ball into the back of the legs of either their teammate or the opponent. Also we have the return of the wonder keepers playing for lower division teams that keep every shot out in a friendly game, the beta engine was very good this year, god knows what SI have done to turn it into the rubbish it is now, very disappointed to say the least.

Why is there no option to say to a player in a private conversation that his performance was pure ****? He misplaced passes (one that led to an clear cut chance and a goal), gave away a penalty and didn't offer anything going forward before getting substituted off at HT.  

Like, I could criticize one aspect, but that's not going to do justice to how bad his play was.

And in the next match my AMC got a second yellow card for a shove that shouldn't been even called as a foul. I can't say the referees made a mistake by sending him off and I can't tell the player he shouldn't be getting red cards.

What's the point in having conversations with players and press if you can't even talk about what happened? 

Edited by juspe15

Why does the coaching staff of a top flight club always tell you to consider opening contract talks with a player who has 3-4 years left on their current deal? Seriously? Why is this a thing? It nonsense.

If a player has 3 years left on their deal and they are making 180K a week, why on earth would I want to offer them a new contract. They will want more money and it will just mean I end up paying them more for those three years.

By far the biggest problem this year is the AI's difficulty to build squads that abide to HG rules. I took over a team in Norway and upon arriving I found out 3 good players were not even registered in the league due to HG limits.

The same thing happened when I arrived in Turkey, the team had 3 foreign GKs when the league rules say there needs to be 1 HG goalkeeper in the team sheet for every game.

2 hours ago, kingjericho said:

By far the biggest problem this year is the AI's difficulty to build squads that abide to HG rules. I took over a team in Norway and upon arriving I found out 3 good players were not even registered in the league due to HG limits.

The same thing happened when I arrived in Turkey, the team had 3 foreign GKs when the league rules say there needs to be 1 HG goalkeeper in the team sheet for every game.

I had a different problem - there were AI teams that had more than 9 non HG players registered in Norway. Just stopped playing the save after that.

Thoughts on when "Use Fake Players" are enabled for a save, that it seems to only be the name that is fake? Maybe some of attributes have been moved around, but that's kinda it? The nationality, age etc. of the player the fake player is based on haven't really changed. I understand completely randomizing this might be a challenge to ensure well-proportioned teams, but it seems it's just based on the real world players with minor changes. Thoughts? Examples attached of what I would assume is based on Zlatan, Messi and Hazard.

zlatan.PNG

messi.PNG

hazard.PNG

Unless something has changed in recent years the use fake names option only changes the name of real players, everything else on the selected database remains unaltered.

It would be nice if SI could use the newgen code to create an entirely fictional database but I suspect that to ensure the game start point retains a plausible distrubution of abilities & is truly random on each new start would require some very complex code which generally means a high risk of gamebreaking bugs that in this case might only manifest many years into a save.

Well I gotta rant somewhere, might as well be here, I'll keep it rather short though: 150 hours of gameplay and none of 'em were fun. Couldn't get any save going or any sort of consistency in results (other than the inevitable losing streak). For me the game's become way to too complicated and it feels like an overpriced RNG generator. Game time aside, I've probably spent double than that reading and watching guides, but to no avail - which adds to the "waste of time" tagline that best describes nowadays FM for me. Nevertheless, sales seem to be going and some people appear to enjoy it, so what can I say, good luck with it. I've skipped a couple of releases since I felt about the same regarding FM 15 and it's pretty obvious what I think of FM 18 now. Oh well, magic's gone, time to move on I guess.

On 20.04.2018 at 01:21, GOODNAME said:

Why?

- Hazard has 19 penalties and missed 8 of 10 pens in my whole season.

- GK dive before shots 

- Shooting from distance is horibble

- And we cant score a goal from free kicks

And they happy with the ****** ME.

I think it's something with his morale maybe? This year i had so few pks missed that i don't feel any emotion when i have one. Messi, Fabinho have scored all.

Just started a game as a really low level manager (feburary 2018)

Got hired by Tamworth and played 7 games. Won 4, draw 1, lost 2

Good form for a mid table team

Out of nowhere my Dressing Room Atmosphere is very poor.

Had no unhappy players, no team talk problems, no broken promisses, no terrible games, nothing. It just dropped and morale is terrible now. 

Is it because I am a low level manager? If so, what can I do do prevent this sort of thing from happening?

Everything was fine, and then all of a sudden I am in trouble

What says in my Dressing Room Atmosphere:

Green:

Tamworth recent form 

We currently have no unhappy players

Yellow:

There are no very happy players

Wide range of ages (this one is not even true; ages are very balanced)

Many contrasting personalities

Could some of my players have gotten into a fight? I dont know...

Edited by AEJ

Player transfer value seems wonky at times. Have a few day-one newgens who have been developing into wonderkids. After the 2nd season, the first them of them to go was sold to RB Leipzig for 30m plus add-ons. He was a two season starter, value was about 7m, and he was already playing for the national team as an 18 year old. The bid was reasonable, club needed the money, and there a replacement in-house. Didn't want to lose him, but it made sense. 

A year on, my star player is a 19 year old striker who rotated in season 2 and was the star in season 3. Starts regularly for the NT and value is 9.5m. On a pretty big, long-term contract too. He's wanted by a bunch of clubs from Germany. And the media is saying he could leave in a "deal worth 10.75m". WTF? Why would any club sell their superstar for 10% above face value when there is literally no reason to? I would ignore it as media speculation, but it will probably result in the German club making a way-below-market bid, trying to unsettle the player, and a meeting with the player when they demand to be sold and want to set a value at an unreasonably low number. 

Edit - and another one. The replacement RB, worth 7.25m and on a 4 year contract, wanted by Benfica. Who will spend up 8.25m! 

Edited by Bigpapa42

4 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

the media is saying he could leave in a "deal worth 10.75m"

Media rumours are an entirely different beast to transfer bids. In a Man Utd save I've often seen 'stories' linking all and sundry to a bid for Pogba, rated in game as £75m, for around £65m. Never gonna happen. I've also seen stories linking United with a £100m-plus bid for Icardi or Kane when I had less than £20m in the transfer kitty. Never gonna happen.

And the AI will usually try to low-ball bids for your players, usually as non-negotiable so you have to reject them. I understand the attempt to unsettle the player and don't really mind, but I'd certainly like to see a more varied approach to transfers from the AI.

Lies, damned lies -- and clear-cuts.

There is a saying that goes: "Never underestimate your customer". This is still a screen that's not very much of use, and I hope it doesn't fuel into other areas of feedback (the "chances created" tables). Not completely unlike in football, a decisively long-term advantage of over 20% in conversion such as here (opponent barely converts half, own team almost 2 in 3) doesn't come from the fact that one side has the much better players -- or any other such clichés perpetuated by media endlessly. It comes about by the simple virtue of the fact that your side creates chances that are evidently easier to convert than the chances it concedes -- consistently. These stats have always been wooly -- further highlighting them by gifting them their specific screen only fuels further misconceptions. In particular naturally if this goes the other way around -- the opposition having the edge here.

ccco1qjb.png

"Never understimate your customer", that saying goes two ways, after all. If you don't believe it, simply look around where your customers gather. :) The screen considering that there is such a thing such as "chances FOR" and "chances AGAINST" is a massively plus though! The shot tables in the league are all about shots FOR without considering the AGAINST. Without an AGAINST, that's always half the picture at best, as sides can be incredibly attacking whilst leaking like hell at the same time. Likewise, Atletico at their very best never ever had near as many shots as Real Madrid, heck, Ronaldo with his 7 shots average per match may have matched them alone on his day. However, they conceded the fewest shots in perhaps all of Europe. Naturally, raw shot data aren't quite as "telling" as they can be in football. No less as you as well as AI can set up teams in such a way that every time the opposition gets the ball, they have a free route towards their goal. A thing that is rather unheard of in top level football, let alone at Atletico. :D

Edited by Svenc

There's a big problem with questions regarding a resignation. In my save I resign after I win a league/cup and move on to a different nation. Every question I receive has to do with doing badly at the club or falling out with the club, when the reason is far from that. I leave clubs just like Conte left Juventus, for example. I win and then I leave to try something different.

A tiny little question.
When i'm on the Preferences screen it's nice and smooth, as it should be.
But when i'm clicking the Cancel button it takes quite a few seconds for the game to go back to the previous in-game screen again.
Not like when i click Ok.
It's like it's reloading the chosen skin all over again, in spite of "Reload skin..." being unticked and "Use caching..." is ticked.
This is regardless of which skin i'm using. A rough count now takes me to 10 seconds after the Cancel button is clicked until i get back in-game.

Anyone with any idea as of why?

Here's another thing that has been bugging me. Players sign contracts with release clause (that he asked for), then a team from higher division shows interest and the player comes to discuss about it. When I say that he's free to go if the clause is activated, he gets pissed and says the clause is too high for anyone to activate it. THEN WHY ARE YOU AGREEING TO IT IN YOUR CONTRACT!??! Don't come whining at me when a Premier League team isn't willing to pay 5.5 million for you when you said you wanted exactly a clause with that amount in it.

Okay, now he wants to leave to get first team chances. He's my star player that plays every time he's healthy. Is he mentally a bit ********?

Edited by juspe15

The only things still annoying me in the game are players with good stats unable to hit a barn door from 10yds and players just kicking the ball into the back of their teammate instead of passing it

So much that needs improving in this match engine.

Players constantly shooting from distance and poor angles inside the box even if you've told them to work the ball into the box and to shoot less often and when they've got several open passes to a team mate on.

Players do the moonwalk and shoot first time from outside the box. What a silly animation, one that I've never seen in real life.

Tame shots all the time inside the box from world class players.

There are no downward headers in the game, I've never ever seen one. Doesn't matter if they're 2 yards out or further away from goal, never do they head it down.

Players making a pass to a team mate that isn't even looking.

All this and more just make it so frustrating to watch.

Hello, in previous versions of FM you could choose the pitch size before the season, at 18.3 FM, having started several saves in different leagues, the pitch size can not be selected. Is it my bug or SI that removed the change in the pitch of size?

On 4/22/2018 at 15:32, warlock said:

Media rumours are an entirely different beast to transfer bids. In a Man Utd save I've often seen 'stories' linking all and sundry to a bid for Pogba, rated in game as £75m, for around £65m. Never gonna happen. I've also seen stories linking United with a £100m-plus bid for Icardi or Kane when I had less than £20m in the transfer kitty. Never gonna happen.

And the AI will usually try to low-ball bids for your players, usually as non-negotiable so you have to reject them. I understand the attempt to unsettle the player and don't really mind, but I'd certainly like to see a more varied approach to transfers from the AI.

They are different... but one often leads to the other. And it did. 

Since then, I've had a few fairly reasonable offers for the young stars on my squad. My wonderkid striker went to Dortmund for 38m because they his release clause. And right at the end of the window, his replacement - who is 19, also has wonderkid status and starts regularly - gets a 8.5m value bid. For a player with a value of 7.75m. The clauses could take it "all the way to 10.5m". So basically less than a million above his value. The offering club has 40m available. What's the point of that kind of offer? 

On 4/26/2018 at 23:33, kepov said:

Hello, in previous versions of FM you could choose the pitch size before the season, at 18.3 FM, having started several saves in different leagues, the pitch size can not be selected. Is it my bug or SI that removed the change in the pitch of size?

Must be a bug your end as I get asked for pitch dimensions by the groundsman during pre season.

I've recently started to notice a lot of "buggy" situations when someone is passing a really long pass thats on-side. Has something changed regarding this?

In a single season I've seen the defence simply ignore a long range pass which have allowed a striker who wasn't even close to the ball to simply jog forward and then be 1on1 with the goalkeeper whilst the defence just stands further up, apparently not even aware of the ball. I haven't seen this once in my first 800 hours of playtime, but now, in a single season I've seen it happen 6 times in different shapes.

On 27/04/2018 at 02:38, craigcwwe said:

So much that needs improving in this match engine.

Players constantly shooting from distance and poor angles inside the box even if you've told them to work the ball into the box and to shoot less often and when they've got several open passes to a team mate on.

Players do the moonwalk and shoot first time from outside the box. What a silly animation, one that I've never seen in real life.

Tame shots all the time inside the box from world class players.

There are no downward headers in the game, I've never ever seen one. Doesn't matter if they're 2 yards out or further away from goal, never do they head it down.

Players making a pass to a team mate that isn't even looking.

All this and more just make it so frustrating to watch.

Seen most of these things in the game. To add to this:

- Midfielder playing a ball to a team mate with their back towards them, ball hits the team mates heel and bounces away

- Way too many deflected crosses going out for corners. In FM you never quite see a winger run up the wing with the ball and cut back inside as you in real life

- Defenders playing simple balls back to goalkeepers which veer out for corners, very annoying, happens multiple times a game.

I've gone from the conference up to League One at the moment so not sure if all of the above happens just in FM lower leagues or happens in the Championship/Prem as well.

I am getting a ton of these offers of a bit over value. Players worth 9m and 10m getting 10m and 11m offers. Not even with a whole bunch of clauses to make it potentially 20m or something. These are full-blown internationals for the 27th nation, under 5 year contracts with no release clauses, and not unhappy. Why are clubs making these offers? I negotiate to ask for way more and they walk. I'm willing to sell any player, but not for face value. At least Liverpool offered something like 23m for my American DM (10.5m value), but balked when I asked for way more. These clubs have more money available to offer. 

I just had to pay 8.5m value to get a 5 star newgen central defender from another big Mexican club - 17 years old, tons of potential, but not really ready to start at this level. But Benfica and Sporting are expecting me to take 11m for my star 24 year old central defender? Makes sense. 

Edit - Bayern Munich, sitting on 118m, just offered 7.75m for the same defender. Who is worth 10m. If this is just an "opening offer", why are they unwilling to negotiate when I counter with something bigger? 

Edit Version 2.0 - and a 13.25m offer for a player worth 14.5m. Also got an offer for another player for almost the same price I paid for him six months ago.... that's generally not how "buying  young talent" works, Brazilian clubs....

Edited by Bigpapa42

I've just started season 3 on my save and Brexit has just happened. I believe that I've had one of the harder Brexit options with a maximum of 17 foreign players being allowed to be registered for Premier League teams, whilst the Football League teams appear to require all foreign players to gain a work permit.

Whilst I think I comprehend the basic implications of this Brexit type for my team, a bit of further information and explanation here certainly wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps some brief articles from a director or scout to explain what the upshot might be.

For instance, as I'm West Ham (and have just been promoted back to the Premier League) the article or news story might say these players are our home grown players (I currently have 10 players here so this is a positive looking at the rules) and these players are exempt from the rules until they sign a new contract when they will count towards the 17 foreign players. 

Then it would explain that any new players you do sign (who are not classified as Home Grown) count towards the 17 players on the foreign players list. 

The article might also mention what the implication of being relegated would be i.e. to sign any foreign players would need a work permit test to be passed and that this would mean signing foreign players would become much more difficult were the club to be relegated. This may therefore make Home Grown players more valuable in the Football League and highlight the importance of a strong youth system. It may also mean that buying Home Grown players becomes more competitive and costly than in previous years perhaps.

It might also look to answer some other queries. For instance I would like to know whether I can sign more than 17 foreign players overall. I suspect that the answer is yes, but that I can only register 17 of them.  Perhaps that the article could mention that younger non-Home Grown players could be loaned out to a potential partner based in the EU for instance.

Basically, I would like the rules to be fleshed out a bit more in future. Although I guess by FM19 we may know more about what the rules will be. Although I still think some information explaining the implication of the changes would be very helpful to the player.

aIIhJN4.png

It's been like this ever since I started playing 18.3.

This is my first season on a new save.
Played 3 seasons with Stuttgart prior to that, so it's just a random occurance.

I'm not even going to talk about my tactics or points, that's irrelevant.

Just look at those tables, United with the most points in top5 leagues, 76 after 34 games.
That's just ridiculous.

It's like there's some kind of artifical equalizer to balance things out.

4 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

aIIhJN4.png

It's been like this ever since I started playing 18.3.

This is my first season on a new save.
Played 3 seasons with Stuttgart prior to that, so it's just a random occurance.

I'm not even going to talk about my tactics or points, that's irrelevant.

Just look at those tables, United with the most points in top5 leagues, 76 after 34 games.
That's just ridiculous.

It's like there's some kind of artifical equalizer to balance things out.

:lol:

9 hours ago, socceroos said:

:lol:

What's so funny?

In my Bundesliga seasons, both Bayern and Dortmund struggled a lot, sitting mid-table halfway season through.

Not even  PSG is dominating.

And all this leads to game becoming boring after 4-5 seasons because AI keeps getting worse.

And there will be plenty of other saves where people complain of the same AI team winning the league every year.  Bayern won it something like 20 on the spin in a previous one.  You can't take the results of one save - particularly just one screenshot - and draw any kinds of conclusions about the game at large.  Even if you went away and produced detailed results from 100 saves and tried to draw a correlation through them, then you'd still fall far short of probably the most basic soak tests that are performed on the game in-house.

It's trite and almost too obvious, but had you taken a screenshot of the league table at 34 games prior to Leicester winning the league, it would look very much like one of those.  Having a few countries with the same is unlikely, but not impossible.  Given there's nigh on infinite possibilities as to what can happen in every save, is it really that hard to accept that sometimes you're going to see things like that when most of the time you're not?

As a loyal patron, my 2 cents :

Press Conferences, Interaction - as AI improves over time, I would like to see them be able to develop a more personalised capability to answer questions and get a more immersive human feel to the social feeds, conversations and interviews as well as your own responses. 

Unresponsive player AI - eventually the unrealistic behaviour by goalkeepers, defenders and attackers has to go. Poor team instructions does not equal below pub league incompetent behaviour in any circumstance. Poor instructions leading to 50 yard pot shots is not an excuse, real players in real life sometimes ignore instructions but that doesn’t lead to stupidity. 

Transfers and negotiations - It is very suspect that you can go 300 days with no interest in one player, and upon offering him for a cut price £2.5m you get 3 identical offers for £1.3m + instalments and the exact same wage contribution from 3 different private bids. 

Contract negotiations have improved but not in the sense of the game being relatively the same for 10 years. 

Staff - scouts don’t feel intuitive and like they are giving £2k a week input. Horrendous lack of people with the tactical knowledge attribute in the game also.

Sports Scientists, DOF and HOYD feel like rushed and poorly implemented inclusions into the game and are still inneffective or unclear, are of far less helpfulness than scouts and coaches. 

Staff attributes are as a majority horrendous. DOF and HOYD can not be trusted to sign or approach decent players despite being paid thousands show little common sense to justify their positions. 

Youth Recruitment - The most broken dated part of the game, HOYD poorly implemented, Youth are not selected IRL based on one persons personality and certainly not based on one persons footballing outlook over the manager or the clubs. The current Intake setup is a series of random spawns leading to the database bloating with a lot of 0.5-2* players better suited to keeping their day jobs.  This needs an overhaul so that over the course of the year a HOYD identifies 15-20 candidates that you yourself meet or have a look at, and have to pursuade to join your club and not a rivals.  - The alternative is that’s you are basically paying someone £2-10k a week for one nights work that even then they often mess up. 

Tactics - Have improved since the sliders, but could be refined.  There is an abundance of misleading titles, descriptions on different settings that accidentally mislead a user and will inevitably lead to frustration for people new to the game.  Some player roles should be explained better and scrapped off pretentious foreign names. 

Like in Pro Ev, the ability to break down instructions to when in position or out of possession would be good. 

Greater control over vertical and horizontal width between defence, attack and midfield. Again, based on in or out of possession is desireable.

Passing into space is a tactic better suited per player rather than a blanket team instruction. 

Applying tactics should yellow warning tactics that will definitely or may cause contradictions or problems based on the opposition being narrow/wide or other reasons. 

A defensive, rigid tactic should effectively grey out any or nearly all individual instructions on players. 

After 5 years at the club, learning from you, your assistant manager should not suggest that you play direct and pump the ball into the box if that’s something that you guys have never ever done. - advice needs to be far more meaningful. 

The ability to have a meaningful conversation at half time or from the touch line and ask a player “Why are you not picking out X’s runs and laying the ball off to him faster or at all?”

Edited by roger redknapp

I'm sorry to say that I think I'm going to have to uninstall FM 2018 once and for all, as the game has been unplayable on my machine since day one. This isn't a moan about the ME or tactics not working. This is a complaint that I am being penalized for having a laptop with a 4K screen.

I have a Dell XPS 15, 9560 (32GB RAM, i7, 1TB SSD) with a 4K screen. I'm sure you would agree, quite a decent spec. However, as soon as I load FM up, the fans go crazy and before long, the hold laptop stutters and the mouse becomes unusable! I can only assume this problem occurs because the game is running in 3840 x 2160p. That is my only resolution option in the in-game preferences. Apart from windowed or full screen, the resolution is full 4K. 

Why does FM not allow me to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1080P for instance? I'm sure the game would run smoother if so.

10 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I'm sorry to say that I think I'm going to have to uninstall FM 2018 once and for all, as the game has been unplayable on my machine since day one. This isn't a moan about the ME or tactics not working. This is a complaint that I am being penalized for having a laptop with a 4K screen.

I have a Dell XPS 15, 9560 (32GB RAM, i7, 1TB SSD) with a 4K screen. I'm sure you would agree, quite a decent spec. However, as soon as I load FM up, the fans go crazy and before long, the hold laptop stutters and the mouse becomes unusable! I can only assume this problem occurs because the game is running in 3840 x 2160p. That is my only resolution option in the in-game preferences. Apart from windowed or full screen, the resolution is full 4K. 

Why does FM not allow me to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1080P for instance? I'm sure the game would run smoother if so.

You can always change your windows resolution first and than run the game. (I had to do this on my Surface Pro who has a huge default resolution too)

I bet you can even make 2 script files: 1 file that changes the resolution & automatically launches FM and another one that changes the resolution back to default.
Saves you some time instead of going to display preferences each time.

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

You can always change your windows resolution first and than run the game. (I had to do this on my Surface Pro who has a huge default resolution too)

I bet you can even make 2 script files: 1 file that changes the resolution & automatically launches FM and another one that changes the resolution back to default.
Saves you some time instead of going to display preferences each time.

I really don't want to have to change the resolution of my entire laptop every time I want to play FM. I'm more of a casual gamer where I like to switch between windows, so I wouldn't want my other windows to suffer.

I have no idea how to create a script file.

very disappointed in the Scottish side of the game yet again! year in year out the same mistakes made from the disciplinary side which as ive pointed out in the league specific bug forum has a major flaw this year! to the development league, dates and times for games.

as I say very disappointed!!!

5 hours ago, GJS93 said:

very disappointed in the Scottish side of the game yet again! year in year out the same mistakes made from the disciplinary side which as ive pointed out in the league specific bug forum has a major flaw this year! to the development league, dates and times for games.

as I say very disappointed!!!

You pointed it out in there in late March which is wayyyyy too late for them to do anything for this release.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:10, oulzac said:

Why does the coaching staff of a top flight club always tell you to consider opening contract talks with a player who has 3-4 years left on their current deal? Seriously? Why is this a thing? It nonsense.

If a player has 3 years left on their deal and they are making 180K a week, why on earth would I want to offer them a new contract. They will want more money and it will just mean I end up paying them more for those three years.

I think it's a squad status thing - if a player you have as 'Rotation' is playing more games than his status, then you might get nudged to offer a new contract as First Teamer. 

It's happened to me a couple of times in my current save and it's always been a lower status playing a good run of games for whatever reason.

Why am I having a backup player come to me before the second friendly of pre-season complaining about his first team chances? Why? There is no logic to this what so ever.

On 07/05/2018 at 11:15, McClane29 said:

I really don't want to have to change the resolution of my entire laptop every time I want to play FM. I'm more of a casual gamer where I like to switch between windows, so I wouldn't want my other windows to suffer.

I have no idea how to create a script file.

Can't you play FM in windowed mode?

Anyway, it looks like you can set resolution manually: https://community.sigames.com/topic/418103-change-resolution/?tab=comments#comment-11059095

Edited by endtime

10 hours ago, oulzac said:

Why am I having a backup player come to me before the second friendly of pre-season complaining about his first team chances? Why? There is no logic to this what so ever.

Did he not play very much in the previous season?

11 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Did he not play very much in the previous season?

That shouldn't matter. Its a new season, which hasn't even started.