Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

Just got new stadium for Dynamo Berlin, 34000 seats (2020 summer) . maybe still too low for Bundesliga. It takes tho 2 years for building, normal such small stadium?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately it was not one that occurred for us here, or myself on my own save (Leamington Spa). I suspect it may be a regrettable case of an issue creeping in very late in the day.

I can only offer my apologies and assurances that we are investigating.

As an aside, are these saves started on 16.3 or continued from 16.2 (or earlier)?

Cheers,

Seb.

Latest one was on 16.3, brand new save. Previously had the same issue on 16.2, but don't remember if it was a save started on 16.2 or 16.1.

Why isn't there an individual creativity freedom option? I'm aware this is currently governed by role and team shape but say I want to give my WM-s lots of freedom whilst the rest of the players have to do exactly what I tell tell them almost all of the time.

Players with higher flair will show more creativity but as you have said if you want more creativity from a player you have to give them a role that gives them more freedom.

Why isn't there an individual creativity freedom option? I'm aware this is currently governed by role and team shape but say I want to give my WM-s lots of freedom whilst the rest of the players have to do exactly what I tell tell them almost all of the time.

PIs are probably your best option.

Question: Ac Milan won Serie A, but they didnt went to Champions League. Juventus was fifth and took their place from CL. why? only reason would be ffp rules what i can think.

I started a new (16.3.0) save in Italy and noticed that the "expand stadium" board request is not available. It doesn't seem to matter which Italian team I'm managing either. The request is available for at least English and German clubs though... Is this the way it should be - no stadium expansion board request in Italy?

Most Italian clubs do not own the stadium they play in & as such any previous ability to request a stadium expansion would have been the bug, exceptions will be Juventus & Udinese with the former having recently moved & the latter currently undertaking an expansion project.

Most Italian clubs do not own the stadium they play in & as such any previous ability to request a stadium expansion would have been the bug, exceptions will be Juventus & Udinese with the former having recently moved & the latter currently undertaking an expansion project.

Then it must be a bug that one can request a stadium expansion while managing Swansea?

The stadium ownership issue did occur to me, but seemingly no matter which Italian club, including Juventus and Udinese, the expansion request is not present. The option to request to buy the stadium is also absent.

Would have been helpful to have mentioned all that that in your first post, if the option is missing for Italian clubs who own their stadium then the chances are it's a bug.

This is the first time I've come to the conclusion that this FM just isn't a very good game. In previous years it's always been a maddeningly addictive, frustrating, flawed but overall enjoyable game. This year with the flaws in the match engine I just can't get into it. I'm not usually one who plays epic 20 season games but in this final patch I'm struggling to even get one season in.

I think as customers we put up with quite a lot- basically spending 6 months being beta testers for a game and to get a finished product with such obvious flaws and issues is a real disappointment.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact same post repeated about every FM for the last 5 years. Every one that comes out is the one that's no longer as good as it used to be.

I honestly don't know how much it should cost, would like to hear what others think too tbh....

I would assume the expansion is capacity only... corporate facilities etc have their own option to improve.

It does seem a bit expensive, then :D

When dealing with large stadiums the cost of expansion can be very high due to the technical challenges along with all the planning & associated costs, expanding the Ethiad by 6,000 seats reportedly set Man City back a tidy £50m & projections suggest that Barcelona will be parting with the best part of £500m to expand & upgrade the Nou Camp, the expansion is less than 10,000 extra seats.

When dealing with large stadiums the cost of expansion can be very high due to the technical challenges along with all the planning & associated costs, expanding the Ethiad by 6,000 seats reportedly set Man City back a tidy £50m.

As far as I can tell from their homepage, that expansion will include a roof being put in and a total of 13,000 more seats on three of their stands.

I want my roof!! :)

Just seen a Daniel Didavi decide to retire a few months after being diagnosed in knee tendinitis, he got his move to FC Bayern & done okay in the the first season but with a history of knee injuries the life of a professional footballer is too much for much.

Haven't seen this happen in ages on FM.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact same post repeated about every FM for the last 5 years. Every one that comes out is the one that's no longer as good as it used to be.

I have no doubt that is true- it's just my opinion on this one. I love FM, have played it for years and I've never had a time where I just don't want to play it but this version is that for me. I'll be back next year and I'm sure the game will be great for me again.

There was a small update to 16.3.1, SI had to change Brazilian clubs to 3 letter short names to comply with club licensing rules.

w19v11.jpg

Just about sums this mess of a game up. 5-3-2 v 4-3-1-2, every player apart from the attacking 4-3-1-2's full backs inside the width of the six yard box. The ball had been in play for more than 2 minutes at this point, so no set piece disruption either. One player was offside 7 times in this game as well, just to rub it in. It's so awful to watch sometimes.

I'm seeing A LOT of goals being scored from crosses. These aren't just in my favour but I'm also conceding a lot. I have had games with Villa, Arsenal and Leamington Spa but this continues to happen. I don't have any specific team instructions, hit early crosses etc, yet 70-80% of the goals I score are from crosses, whilst I no matter if I set CBs up for tight marking or their wide players for closing down always I am conceding quite a lot as well.

Is this common in other peoples games or am I missing something here?

Me too, this is a severe issue neglected by dev..

Back to FM 15

Counter attacks improved my beep. :.) The two supp-duties and nodobody staying deep all season every single minute of play in central mid getting punished by odd chance rather than by school boy error is one thing. But this is back to FM 2015 previous to final patch wholesale -- except that on FM 2015, you'd actually concede lots of goals ATOP of scoring plenty. :Dhttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/357812-goalsgoals-4231-attack.html

Sorry for the wording. :-) It's just frustrating that in a football sim you can violate the absolutely most basic common sense in all of things football. SI should consider that people are also playing the game online, and this should be absolutely rapeable on the break. It's tough balancing, but that's just so basics. If people make their sides play like school kids, they should expect to see results as if their side would play like school kids. Not sure if any FM Live Build had those such basic things off, but naturally this would be hugely frustrating if it was an online game.

FM Live was full of ME exploits & bugs, counter attack decision making has vastly improved over the last two FMs & this also includes players making the wrong decision when the counter is on. How many time do you find yourself spotting an obvious counter attacking pass from the stands or TV irl but for some reason the player doesn't take or see the pass?

FM Live was full of ME exploits & bugs, counter attack decision making has vastly improved over the last two FMs & this also includes players making the wrong decision when the counter is on. How many time do you find yourself spotting an obvious counter attacking pass from the stands or TV irl but for some reason the player doesn't take or see the pass?

The difference is that with the new wave of everybody's favored download, (exclusively) the human side in a save exposes itself every time it goes foward. Every. Single. Time. No team in football does that, as obviously they additionally find it hard to impossible to recycle the ball and rebuild attacks if everybody is running forward too (happens in FM all the same, i.e. the 30+ shots and no goal moaners, if only they would watch play...). However I understand how it's hard to balance. Obviously if say Paul would tweak players to react slower to being caught out of position, that not only rubs off on this, but play in general. Same if he would increase the likelyhood of through ball opportunity taken, as already has happened as for FM 2016 reportedly. Not sure what a fix would be. Obviously you're more likely to be hit on the break for instance if your opponent fields multiple forwards. Those don't track back much and are immediate outlets. However it's strictly against SI's design philosophy to have human players exclusively "cracked", and obviously ever since FM 2012 where this was a BUG in Ai tactics, no AI team does play a midfield with no holding player. [Though I found one in a long-term FM 2015 off a 3-4-3 formation when the AI went desperate overload, likely "thinking" the 3 defend dutys for the 3 cbs would be enough -- allowed me to score 3 goals in the space of like 5 minutes]

Just think that this is a really basic thing and therefore a little worried. It's the basic of all basics, for all the fuss made about shape and tactics and stuff, this is schoolboy positioning error. As for FM Live, no wonders then that this was off to a hard start. Competitive multiplayer is all about balance, games such as Warcraft 3, whilst a different kind of complexity, have seen patches years after their initial release. FM has always attracted bad myth, but when it is actually true, i.e. exploitative tactics a reality, that's when such a game is dead for competitive multiplayer straight out of the bat.

edit: From the 16.3.0 patch notes it appears there was an actually slight tweak exactly applied here. As said, even on FM 2015 at its most overloadable prior to the final patch, you might have scored lots of goals by pushing every single player up, but were guaranteed to concede hell for it likewise. Not a viably thing at all in the final patch FM 2015 anymore. And now in 2016 it is again?

Made teams get back a bit quicker when ball changes hands editedit: Oops, that's actually from 15.3.0, sorry. :D

FM will never be a great MMO game because it will be next to impossible to not have a weakness that people will mercilessly exploit, for me FM-Live was doomed from he outset & it's way I never spent a penny on it.

18 speed? is that pace or acceleration ?

Was your defender in the right position to be outpacing the striker? does the defender have the intelligence and skill to see the run?

A fast defender will not always win against a slower striker.. if that was the case, Onouha would have been a world beater

I must say that I love how good FM16 plays, it is really smooth in comparison to FM15 (ignoring the crossing aspect of it) but the problems with the stadium kill the LLM aspect of the game for me. This is how I love to play the game and how this can be left as it is, it completely shocks me. Surely this is a gamebreaking bug for the LLM fans of the game.

It's football, not Top Trumps. There are so many factors at play, ranging from player condition, determination, positioning through to the state of the ground, context of the incident, mental state of the players that a raw one on one attribute comparison will tell you nothing. Which is how it should be.

I've made a thread for this but thought i'd post here too:

When you start a new game using Winter Update DB you are unable to exit the game (Quit Game and Exit) without a Save dialog coming up. Therefore effectively it does not allow you to quit without saving. I have looked in Preferences and ensured Autosave is unticked.

Is this a known issue?

I've made a thread for this but thought i'd post here too:

When you start a new game using Winter Update DB you are unable to exit the game (Quit Game and Exit) without a Save dialog coming up. Therefore effectively it does not allow you to quit without saving. I have looked in Preferences and ensured Autosave is unticked.

Is this a known issue?

...just select "no" when it asks you if you want to save. It's the way it has always worked.

Having said that i have noticed if i changed it from Full Screen to Maximum Window Bordered it does allow you to Quit and Exit the game without saving.

However upon first starting a new game, a dialog to save comes up with the Cancel button greyed out so it does not allow you to venture forward without saving first.

Is there are glitch with AI team buying young players? Twice now I've had offers of about 800k for decent but average potential youngsters from big clubs, asked for 5m to scare them off and they accepted it without negotiating at all. They're the kind of players that if they'd reached their full potential I'd struggle to sell for that much.

Either you're underrating them or the AI is overrating them, not heard of or seen any issues related to the AI decisions on you to target as a hot prospect, if you think AI clubs are consistently making poor decision in this regard it might be worth raising a few examples (saves before bids are made) in the bugs forum so that SI can assess the AI's decision making.

I checked their potentials in the editor and they wouldn't be good enough at even full CA for the AI clubs who bought them to even think about signing them as squad players. That's not even the problem though as the AI should make mistakes when it comes to judging potential, it's that there was no negotiation from the initial 700k-800k to 5m. Never seen the AI happy to pay 6x what they initially offered for any player.

Now that you mention it I got a freakishly good deal for a youngster a couple seasons ago, very similar thing. I negotiated to a high fee and clauses and they accepted.

Jack McWalter - I sold him to Chelsea for 4.5M€ + 650K€ of installments over 12 months + 40% profit next sale. Then a couple months later I sold the 40% profit clause for 2.84M€.

It's been two seasons and Jack, who's now 19, is still not good enough to play for me nevermind Chelsea.

Well it may be late but after not playing Fm for a few years thought I would give my opinion, yeah after all this time!

+Graphics in 3D engine much better and getting better all the time, particularly the animation of the 'keepers. BUT this seems to create other problems.

+goals from crosses are OK in terms of stats BUT the animations creates problems.

+It is easier to put players into the tactic and see how they play, compared to fm15.

+The 'main screen' is clearer as well and the information available is excellent.

+In general the 3D engine looks much better, it still could do with more or better animations but generally has made great advancements.

-Due to graphics improvements in appears that this has had a knock on effect. Sometimes in the 3D animation the 'keepers come out and just stand there. So better animation perhaps needed here as they look like doing nothing

-The same can be said for crosses. I think people do not realise how many goals have been scored from corners this season, but the animations do not show up very well. The players look all over the place.

-Defenders far too often pass the ball back to the 'keeper and it is nowhere near him, far too many corners conceded this way.

-AI managers still seem to make some very strange signings and sells. I managed to buy Jack Wheelchair for 5million for West Ham. Watford signed Andy Carroll, put him on silly money and 18 months later he has played maybe 10 games. He has not been injured and took a wages whack. From around 115k a week to 70k, not sure he would.

Things I would like to see:

In the tactics perhaps some kind of indication of the ground players/roles will cover. Perhaps to help idiots like me to plan tactics and to counter opponents and help create better attacking shapes too.

Perhaps some kind of bot included that could help you build a tactic to a prefered style.

And this really is a personal preference, maybe the ability to download (paid of course through steam) real world tactics.

Maybe when you take over a club (At the start or at any point) You can keep the previous managers tactics.

That's my two pence worth having now played it for a while (Instead of studying!

Archived