Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

It's actually the case IRL now that they do play matches on different days. I was surprised too. (It's actually a late Sunday kickoff, not Monday.) One thing that is very traditionally Serie A is that Cagliari have, both times I've played this out, beaten 2nd place Lazio away to stay up; Lazio have nothing to play for as Juventus won the title a month ago.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me? Having started a new game I generally find version 16.3.0 much slower than before, particularly during matches - I believe with the same speed and highlights configuration it takes at least 50% time plus to play a full-match and this makes no sense at all.

Regards,

Ricardomail

Is it just me? Having started a new game I generally find version 16.3.0 much slower than before, particularly during matches - I believe with the same speed and highlights configuration it takes at least 50% time plus to play a full-match and this makes no sense at all.

Regards,

Ricardomail

If you post in the Technical Issues/Crashes section, it can get looked at.

Twice now in recent weeks I've had a player complain about being dropped into the u21s after I've had to promote him to the first team squad for a few days to prevent him playing in a reserve team match just before a first team game I want him to play in. It really is silly that I can't just tell the reserve team manger not to play him as I'll be needing him fresh.

You can deselect a player from being available for the U21s without promoting the to the senior squad, right click on the player & then select Make Available for U21 & click the 90 mins option, this will stop the manager form selecting him. When he's no longer needed for senior squad matches you can then make him available to the U21s.

Not sure why the option would work, trying deleting the cache, temp & preference folders. If that doesn't bring back the UI function raise it as a bug.

It doesn't make any sense to be a deliberate change, I'm managing in Germany so I do not have a middle age group reserve team.

Edit: You're right, just added a manager to Arsenal & there is no way to remove an U21 player from being available for selection, only managed in Spain & Germany on FM16 so I never gave it any thought.

I would certainly have logged this as a bug had I spotted it.

johnhughtom, can you do the honours & also include the unhappy player example to demonstrate the consequences of this?

Thanks.

When i mentioned a similar thing, somewhere and at some point for FM16, i was told (nor do i remember by whom) that the only way i could deal with

youngsters and/or reserve players not playing matches when i need them to be fresh was to move them to the main squad.

Upon where i said that it was pretty silly and unfortunate having to move players between squads just to keep them fresh, instead

of just setting them to not being available.

I can't say for sure, but i do believe i raised it as a bug, and that it was there i was told it was deliberate.

-EDIT-

I can't find it in my bug threads, so it might have been in one of the feedback threads.

Just searched for your posts in the .bugs section & there was no match for this issue, maybe you asked somewhere else. Still surprised by the claimed response & I would raise this myself if I had an example of it causing a player to become unhappy.

Edit: If you can check your post history to see if you can find the thread I'm more that happy to use the contacts I have to have it revisited.

I loosened the lid in saving you from searching the bugs forum, had moved to searching GD but my browser was still thinking about it.

In my own defense i was just browsing my subscriptions list for the bug threads.

Why didn't i do a search? Because...uhmmm....that damn wild rabbit, running outside, threatens to come inside everytime i open the door.

It distracted me. Yeah! That's it. It's because of the rabbit :D

At least it wasn't me replying to you :D

Have asked an SI employee the question. I've used the option a fair bit in previous FM's when a reserve/youth squad player needed a rest from a match but was not fatigued enough to justify sending them on holiday.

Yeah it doesn't seem right, but a way to get around it is to select the U21 player in your first team squad. When the news item appears, you can exclude that player from the U21 match as he is selected as a first team player.

At least it wasn't me replying to you :D

Have asked an SI employee the question. I've used the option a fair bit in previous FM's when a reserve/youth squad player needed a rest from a match but was not fatigued enough to justify sending them on holiday.

That would've been quite funny had it been you :D

Did the same thing in previous FM's. It was a very easy, convenient way to have that, for me, needed control to give other players rest.

Yeah it doesn't seem right, but a way to get around it is to select the U21 player in your first team squad. When the news item appears, you can exclude that player from the U21 match as he is selected as a first team player.

That's what i'm doing at the moment.

Gets pretty annoying at times when i have a packed schedule. Moving players back and forth all the time.

But it does work. Do want the old way of doing it back though.

That's what i'm doing at the moment.

Gets pretty annoying at times when i have a packed schedule. Moving players back and forth all the time.

But it does work. Do want the old way of doing it back though.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but don't move him into the squad. As you've found, it may upset the player when he gets 'dropped' back. Just use the filter options on the first team page.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but don't move him into the squad. As you've found, it may upset the player when he gets 'dropped' back. Just use the filter options on the first team page.

Ah, i see.

I misread your post. That i don't think i've tried, even less so, given it a thought.

If that works then i'll probably start doing that instead.

Thanks to the stature of the club i'm at i've been fortunate enough to not have any unhappy players due to being 'dropped' back.

Been lucky that way.

Will give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

There really needs to be two setting to tight marking when it comes to opposition instructions - tight mark in the defender's 'zone' and tight marking at all times.

Absolutely sick to death of teams keeping possession from long balls and defensive clearances because attackers who come deep aren't marked.

What about this goal I just scored? Those who are content with the way the game is made need to make more noise and this example of a good team goal is fantastic. My very first friendly and only Sinkgraven didn't touch the ball in the build up which I'm gutted about!

[video=youtube;44ImpLEge_I]

Maybe because every time they went for one the ball was passed away?

That is probably the case but in the 3D view it doesn't really reflect that at all well.

great goal indeed. however, the defending is just apalling here. not one defensive principle was followed here. for years it was defending, combined with closing down, that are absolutely below par.

on the goal in OP you see the team with the ball never plays against the other team, it plays always against one player. the idea of defending is to defend as a group. the team taht defends is spread far too much vertically and horizontally to be able to defend effectively. SI is really far from reality in this regard.

this is how it should look btw.

[video=youtube;AtIAhX5xhLs]

Always annoying when real life performances levels are miles in excess of what everyone expected, Payat's level of consistency has been a massive surprise this surprise.

You can just add a profile picture like you used to have in preferences if you prefer.

Thanks, mate. Will give it a go.

Is there a way to avoid the training screen resorting the players seemingly at random every time I enter it? I can't sort it back, it just scrambles the names all over the place.

EDIT: This applies to sorting on all screens for me.

Always annoying when real life performances levels are miles in excess of what everyone expected, Payat's level of consistency has been a massive surprise this surprise.

this season? :D

I don't think anyone doubted his talent but his ability to perform at his best game after game was in doubt, if it wasn't he'd probably have ended up at a bigger club than West Ham. This also wasn't helped by the fact that the top of the French research team was new for the summer & his ratings are based on their submission or even due to the transfer to England the submissions of the previous structure.

I don't think anyone doubted his talent but his ability to perform at his best game after game was in doubt, if it wasn't he'd probably have ended up at a bigger club than West Ham. This also wasn't helped by the fact that the top of the French research team was new for the summer & his ratings are based on their submission or even due to the transfer to England the submissions of the previous structure.

To be fair his free kicks taking is rated 16 in the game and finishing is 15 but he hasn't scored one free kicks for me! My post above points out the low level of goals from indirect free kicks and tbh if one is scored against me I am surprisingly rather pleased!! Set pieces are IRL a major source of goals and I just think with various "exploits" over the years they have been toned down far too much. It seems a case of either too many goals or not enough! A player with the above stats along with 15 for long shots and 16 for technique should be scoring the odd free kick or two and tactics can't be blamed for poor direct free kicks!

Database ratings & match engine outputs are different issues, based on how he takes free kicks 16 is probably about right so that moves us to it being a match issue & afaik people have commented on low goals from direct free kicks.

Database ratings & match engine outputs are different issues, based on how he takes free kicks 16 is probably about right so that moves us to it being a match issue & afaik people have commented on low goals from direct free kicks.

I must confess if I am chasing a game in this version if I get a free kick or corner with seconds to go I am gutted because I know it's just gifting back possession which is a shame because it should be a good attacking opportunity rather than a waste of possession. The frustrating thing is that I mentioned a lack of goals from corners since the first patch and the same re direct free kicks second patch but sadly nothing was done.

Do you know the real life conversion rate for attacking set-pieces to goals?

I found this (https://www.whoscored.com/News/x1zvoofyguw7n-txng7ana/Show/Stats-Analysis-Chance-Conversion-from-Set-Pieces) from 2012 about Stoke City, saying the convert 17.5% of their set-pieces, ranking at 5th in the EPL ("the proportion of chances from throw-ins, corners and free-kicks that directly set up a shot, and result in a goal (and an assist for the provider)")

RE-EDIT: EDIT: In my league the 5th ranked team (in goals from set-pieces) has 4 goals from corners and 3 from indirect free kicks from 20 matches (there's only one direct free kick goal overall in the league!). Throw-ins are not counted, unfortunately. By a quick look they had about 50 set-pieces in the last 5 matches (I counted corners and attacking free kicks, as they are called in the statistics in-game), so let's say 200 set-pieces in the 20 matches. 7 goals from 200 set-pieces are only 3,5%, but again that's without throw-ins.

That's what I wanted to see, it's easy to make claims without taking the time to provide supporting evidence, thanks for the input.:thup:

Do you know the real life conversion rate for attacking set-pieces to goals?

Really difficult to find an in depth site but I came across these stats although I don't think they are up to date as they only showed Payet and Willian having scored two goals each from direct free kicks and I think it's at least double that for those two.

However it stated for the EPL this season : Free Kick Goals 39 Direct Free Kick Goals 20 Goals from corners 96

Set piece goals total for the EPL so far was 176, that doesn't include penalties but looks like it includes throw ins.

In the in game seasons I played and counted the number of direct free kick goals there were 8,9 and 8 for each season which is very low.

These are the links :

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/PlayersGoalScorersTypeOfPlay?comp_id=515

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

I've said it before i'll say it again, A real frustration of mine in this game is how bad form is played out. Too often i find poor games are generally made up of loads of chances being missed and then a stupid error. I've struggled to enjoy this years FM since the November (or roughly around then) update (i was only 100 hours short so soon into the release than i had played in any previous fm) and often when my team hits poor form is when i have to close the game down. Not going to go into detail because nothing that is happening is bugs but, for me, i feel this is one area the game needs to improve in. Form has to come down to more than watching chances missed and defensive howlers. It says something when i'd hope my team (Which is dominating the league) would struggle to create chances and concede a good goal

What sort of numbers are you seeing Robert?

This isn't a thread to report bugs.. it's for all feedback, and if you feel there is an issue, we'd love to see what sort of numbers you are feeling are wrong in terms of shots etc? .. Otherwise nothing will improve and nothing can be discussed.

This is the worst FM I have ever played.

Opponent crosses are way to overpowered, or the defenders are just underpowered.

Also those long shots en long balls from opponent, are always perfect..this is just insane.

Defenders are NOT doing their job in setpieces or whatever, they look like amateurs...really?

What sort of numbers are you seeing Robert?

This isn't a thread to report bugs.. it's for all feedback, and if you feel there is an issue, we'd love to see what sort of numbers you are feeling are wrong in terms of shots etc? .. Otherwise nothing will improve and nothing can be discussed.

It's nothing to do with bugs. Nothing i have mentioned is a bug. It's all down to how form in interpreted. This is nothing less than feedback from a personal point of view and that personal point of view is that too often bad form isn't poor performances but chances being missed and defensive errors. This is merely feedback, no bugs to report :thup:

Sorry, the point was lost in the text, I meant BECAUSE this isn't anything to do with a bug, it would be great to get feedback from your experience here, i.e it's all good saying ' yeah this isn't right' ..... but it would help and be useful and constructive if we had numbers to go by... i.e how many chances do you feel is too much when out of form? what would you like to see change.. in real terms?

I have been trying out the game more but scoring time after time (both for & against me) from a cross just gets so boring after a while. :( I don't know why FM15 is so laggy for me as FM16 plays perfectly.. makes zero sense.

Archived