Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neymar wants a new contract then :rolleyes:

Don't they know Chelsea and City pay just as much and even more, link yourself with them ffs :D

Big Eddie should just stroll into Barcelona and offer £200m for Messi :cool:

Still not especially bothered by the whole thing, Mata on the right is fine by me. Just wish we'd buy a striker or a defender.

Much happier now we have Depay outwide, he gives us the pace we want. Just have to sort Rooney out and we are looking ok.

Should have been Schneiderlin off for Herrera unless the Darmian substitute was forced. Even then would rather have had Young at rightback then ****ing Valencia.

Krul and Coloccini had binders but it's still frustrating how much better we were with Carrick and Hernandez on the pitch.

That was a disgusting performance. Did absolutely nothing, barely even attempted to play football. Slow and non penetrating passing even made Newcastle look good.

If anybody had delusions about this tit not being a troll :lol:

(sorry for quoting it, was too tempted to see what it had written)

We were dreadful in the final third. Just like we have been every league game so far. Really disappointed in our performance after the way we started, but 7 points from the first 3 games isn't too bad, especially with all the other title challengers dropping points in previous weeks (apart from City).

So incredibly frustrating.

Had a few good chances but couldn't take them. Started very well in the opening 20 mins, didn't get the goal and then started to play the sideways passes, not many if any penetrating passes forward, only went for it in the last 10 mins.

Carrick and Hernandez improved us in the final third, Rooney poor as usual, start Hernandez for a few games, Rooney at no.10 or on the bench.

Defensively solid again, four straight league clean shhets now. Offensively its going to cost us games, not at the back.

Two massive points dropped.

No it doesn't. Those stats don't tell us anything.

On their own they don't necessarily say too much - all shots could have been from 40 meters - however, I'm not sure how one could watch that match and think United didn't deserve to win. United was quite clearly the better team.

We battered them for about 20 minutes in each half, the problem was the 50 in the middle where we meandered through the game without really working them. Schneiderlin just wasn't needed that game, he's great at covering the defence but just not good enough on the ball for those types of games, doesn't abuse space and is too willing to play the easy pass and let the game slide by him.

Main thing I have a problem with is the style of football. It's ugly play focussing on keeping the ball, high numbers of possession but without doing anything with it. It is completely pointless.

Under Fergie, we had less possession but when we got the ball we knew what to do.

The very short periods of time we looked a bit more dangerous is when we scrapped the systematic ***** style of play and played more direct, however a few minutes over a 90 min match is not enough.

You think the Darmian off for Valencia thing was a Valencia is more attacking (or fresh legs) situation?

Personally, I think Darmian gets up pretty well down the line

I think he over-rated Valencia's attacking ability and thought because Darmian wasted a few chances down the right Valencia might have more joy. In fairness he might have if he ever tried to exploit the 3 or 4 1v1's he found himself in instead of lofting in a cross or passing it back to Schneiderlin or Carrick.

I think he over-rated Valencia's attacking ability and thought because Darmian wasted a few chances down the right Valencia might have more joy. In fairness he might have if he ever tried to exploit the 3 or 4 1v1's he found himself in instead of lofting in a cross or passing it back to Schneiderlin or Carrick.

Strange when subbing a RB for a RW appears like a defensive move.

You could tell today after 30 minutes that we weren't going to score.

Don't see us signing a striker in this window either, who would we sign anyway? Kane? Can't see us paying the sort of money that Spurs would want for him this summer. There's a real dearth of top level strikers around these days.

Would take Mane, put him on the RW, got a lot of pace and an eye for goal, can get in behind and stretch teams we we really lack atm.

Not the top level sort of signing we seem to be looking for but he is only 23 and has room to improve and would bring a different dimension to the side. As good as Mata is, he isn't a winger and drifts inside too much, doesn't really look to get in behind the opposition defence too often and of course doesn't have the pace anyway.

You think the Darmian off for Valencia thing was a Valencia is more attacking (or fresh legs) situation?

Personally, I think Darmian gets up pretty well down the line

he does get up and down well. reason valencia came on was because darmian was exhausted and could barely run forward after about the 70th minute. but then valencia just kept squaring it to carrick for no reason instead of having a run anyway.

Just finished the match. Well that was incredibly frustrating.

Thought Depay was really poor today. Misplaced several passes, gave the ball away often, and no real end product due to poor crosses. Not a fine showing for the lad. Januzaj was poor again and compounded a usual lackluster display with yet another pathetic attempt at a dive that he was quite frankly lucky not to get a yellow for. Rooney was again pretty useless and ineffective, though looked a lot more useful once he moved behind Hernandez.

Really not sure what the Darmian off for Valencia move was all about, unless he had a knock or was just knackered? Thought he and Smalling were - as is becoming quite the theme - both fantastic again today. Really would like to never see Valencia in a United shirt ever again, though in fairness I felt that way well before this game.

Looked more threatening and sharp around the opposition box than we have, but still far too lacking in pace and incisiveness, though at least we created more openings today. We just had some bad luck - Smalling with a great header on the foot of the post, Hernandez having a chance well saved that he may well have converted had he played more regularly coming in to the chance - but also perhaps tried to be a touch too clever when in and around the box. Carrick also unlucky to see a deflected show go an inch wide.

Have said this probably after 2 of the 3 previous matches already this season, but please can Januzaj go somewhere on loan. Play regularly, cut out all the ****** tricks, cut out the embarrassing diving, and just learn a lot more than he has so far.

Can ask for a striker etc., but the team is so rigid. No movement at all, and that isn't all on Rooney.

It reminds me of something I read comparing van Gaal's Bayern to Heynckes'. Can't remember where I read it. But the comparison came because they both played 4-2-3-1, and it basically said that Heynckes' team was more fluid, had more movement, whereas van Gaal's was rigid and seemed to value possession too highly at times.

I didn't see van Gaal's Bayern much in the Bundesliga, but it definitely rung true in the Champions League (the comparison). That's what I see here tbh.

The extent of the movement is Mata coming in off the right wing. Can blame Rooney, say he's rubbish and whatever, but getting a new striker isn't going to solve the issue. You'll just have someone who can get you out of a hole more often through individual brilliance. Which Rooney can do btw, just maybe not as often as in the past. Although I still like him.

That said, I think Man Utd will do really well in Europe this year. Because of the way van Gaal insists on playing. Tailor-made for Champions League.

januzaj took his sweet time getting off the pitch when he was subbed as well. proper strolling about. dickhead.

Oh yeah, that was something else I intended to mention but forgot to, after listing all his other faults. I was almost waiting for him to really whinge about being brought off despite being absolutely terrible. Just hate his attitude what with the diving and trudging off when we need a goal.

Can ask for a striker etc., but the team is so rigid. No movement at all, and that isn't all on Rooney.

It reminds me of something I read comparing van Gaal's Bayern to Heynckes'. Can't remember where I read it. But the comparison came because they both played 4-2-3-1, and it basically said that Heynckes' team was more fluid, had more movement, whereas van Gaal's was rigid and seemed to value possession too highly at times.

I didn't see van Gaal's Bayern much in the Bundesliga, but it definitely rung true in the Champions League (the comparison). That's what I see here tbh.

The extent of the movement is Mata coming in off the right wing. Can blame Rooney, say he's rubbish and whatever, but getting a new striker isn't going to solve the issue. You'll just have someone who can get you out of a hole more often through individual brilliance. Which Rooney can do btw, just maybe not as often as in the past. Although I still like him.

That said, I think Man Utd will do really well in Europe this year. Because of the way van Gaal insists on playing. Tailor-made for Champions League.

there's no movement because rooney hardly moves when mata comes inside. and when he does finally get it it usually bounces off him, he just slows everything down. we should really be starting with hernandez until we find someone better, at least he runs in behind and drags people with him even if he doesn't always get the ball. so yeah, rooney is rubbish. a new striker will hopefully move about more in front of what is a rigid set up.

We battered them for about 20 minutes in each half, the problem was the 50 in the middle where we meandered through the game without really working them. Schneiderlin just wasn't needed that game, he's great at covering the defence but just not good enough on the ball for those types of games, doesn't abuse space and is too willing to play the easy pass and let the game slide by him.

Yeah, this was one of those where we needed Herrera in for one of the CMs and/or Mata switched with Januzaj.

To quote LVG in case he's playing English games. 'We are not selling De Gea'... Get him in the team next game then.

What I'm wondering is if he's not gonna be sold... and he's not being played because his head's not in the right place... is he gonna be on the bench all season?

When the window snaps shuts it will bump his head into the right place.

Speaking of the window, we're apparently signing some Norwegian who's EVEN BETTER than that Ödegard fellow, who's obviously ****ing amazing seeing as how Real Madrid signed him.

Now awaiting confirmation said 17 year old prodigy has signed a new contract with his current team :brock:

Archived