Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need Mourinho in, I just can't think of one reason why not to get Mourinho in charge. He would be perfect for us especially now.

Got to be honest, I'm not a fan of his. I think he would bring the club into disrepute or turn it into a circus.

The way Rooney & co were celebrating you would have thought we won the champions league. LVG will no doubt say that it was all planned & a deserved win. A lot of the lower league teams conceded late goals today, which probably points to the better teams having superior fitness. Certainly nothing to gloat about though, as we were poor again.

No interest in promoting youth.

The phrase "Parked the Bus" was most commonly used when referring to his Chelsea.

Parking the bus is extremely attractive football compared to what we have been seeing with LVG. Also he doesn't exactly park the bus at home to Sheffield, PSV, West Ham, Middlesbrough etc.

Well, what can you say after a performance like that.. not sure it's the best idea to officially blast out "Booooooring, booring Man Uniiiiiiiiiiited" post-match :(

Everything looks so bloody pedestrian. Even when we win the ball in decent positions (even very good ones), there is no urgency. No runners, players taking 3-4 touches on the ball, then a pass hither and tither. It's like watching football in slow replay, without the goals and action. Must be eating up Giggs inside. No wonder Scholes had a bit of a rant.

Thankfully Memphis took a chance at the end, and got rewarded for it.

Van Gaal: "How many chances have Sheffield United created? Nobody is talking about that."

He is amazing :D

There's nothing special about them not creating anything if at the same time we couldn't either. :D Yes, well done, you've shut out a L1 side. :rolleyes:

Van Gaal: "How many chances have Sheffield United created? Nobody is talking about that."

He is amazing :D

You wouldn't really expect many League One sides to create many chances at Old Trafford would you? Is he really proud that we struggled to create any decent chances against a League One side...LVG needs to go.

why are we playing like that against a league 1 side.

for a guy who has won a lot of things he really is clueless.

still.. we could be Aston Villa :lol:

Rafa Benitez has also won a lot as well and doesn't mean he is the right man, difference between him and LVG is Rafa hasn't destroyed teams. LVG destroyed Barca, Bayern and United. United need a new man to undo everything LVG has done and start from scratch like his predecessors did at Barca and Bayern.

paul scholes has come out today and said what we can all see

added to that I don't envisage any new signings...... or change in style under lvg he will play 2 dm constantly, even at home and against lower opposition he is a stubborn old fart,

cant wait for Bundesliga to start again and watch some decent attacking footy, I have been a Utd fan for over 40 years and gone to watch us when we were relegated, didn't mind us losing games then as we always had a go, this is getting too painfull to watch, its become a chore to watch the club I love....

the sad thing is I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel...there will be no Pep coming in the summer/ there will be the constant courting of a big name signing in the press that wont happen as any real top class player will not want to come to a club going nowhere and playing with the handbrake on, those that will are at the end of the career and for a last big pay day

these are worrying times as it looks like the powers that be don't care as long as the cash keeps coming in;)

we are just bluffing away through season after season now fingers crossed someone at the top grows a pair and acts accordingly

It was some turgid, miserable ****.

Not sure how this will go down but I'm quite happy to say that, in the grand scheme of things, LVG is, at best, doing no better a job than Moyes did. Considering he is in his second season, the money he has spent, the performances we are churning out and the fact that, in general, we are playing some of the most miserable displays I can remember, I'm actually confident that we'd have been in a far better position in Moyes 2nd season than we are now with LVG, and indeed in what would now be Moyes' 3rd season I think we'd be doing immeasurably better than we are now.

I can't argue with the facts. Whatever LVG has done in the past has worked brilliantly. But I think we are past the time now of resting on his past performances and should be able to say with confidence that it simply is not working out with us. It's pretty difficult to see how things are going to change under LVG unless he drastically shifts from his current philosophy, and I don't see that happening.

LVG destroyed Barca and Bayern so I'm not sure exactly why that is counted as a success. I mean who can't win a league title at one of those teams but the fact he destroyed them is disturbing. He is doing the same at united but without any success at all. Last season we were lucky with Rodgers at Liverpool (and losing Suarez) and Spurs still finding their feet but it was still awful style of football but this year has been worse. Moyes was completely incompetent and useless but his team was at least watchable and played some decent football at least in the CL.

It was some turgid, miserable ****.

Not sure how this will go down but I'm quite happy to say that, in the grand scheme of things, LVG is, at best, doing no better a job than Moyes did. Considering he is in his second season, the money he has spent, the performances we are churning out and the fact that, in general, we are playing some of the most miserable displays I can remember, I'm actually confident that we'd have been in a far better position in Moyes 2nd season than we are now with LVG, and indeed in what would now be Moyes' 3rd season I think we'd be doing immeasurably better than we are now.

I can't argue with the facts. Whatever LVG has done in the past has worked brilliantly. But I think we are past the time now of resting on his past performances and should be able to say with confidence that it simply is not working out with us. It's pretty difficult to see how things are going to change under LVG unless he drastically shifts from his current philosophy, and I don't see that happening.

I would beg to differ. While I do agree LVG is doing no better a job than Moyes did, but Moyes has tried everything he knows (which isn't enough) to win matches. Our team could be playing possession football in one match, to 81 crosses in the other match. He tried basically everything in his arsenal and we were still ****. I wouldn't be sure if 3 seasons he would be doing better or not, but at that moment of time it was getting really hard to defend our performances because you know there was no way we could improve.

With LVG however, he is the most arrogant, stubborn person I'll ever see. He's like that one old man who don't use technological gadgets into it's full capacity. He has the best keeper in the league (De Gea), the most improved defender (Smalling), Chelsea's Player of the Year two years in a row (Mata), a world-class midfielder (Schweinsteiger), England's best player for years (Rooney), and two of the most promising forwards in football (Memphis and Martial). On FM, all you need would be a decent tactic and you'll be challenging for the title, if not win it if you're pretty good at it. Any other world-class manager would be happy to work with that squad with the attacking talent we have. And we're still flunking it. Thats down to the manager who can't realise the potential of this team.

What we need is not a change of manager, but a change of play style. Everything Scholes said in his rant the other day is exactly whats been bothering me the whole season and its if he took the words straight out of my mouth.

With LVG however, he is the most arrogant, stubborn person I'll ever see. He's like that one old man who don't use technological gadgets into it's full capacity. He has the best keeper in the league (De Gea), the most improved defender (Smalling), Chelsea's Player of the Year two years in a row (Mata), a world-class midfielder (Schweinsteiger), England's best player for years (Rooney), and two of the most promising forwards in football (Memphis and Martial). On FM, all you need would be a decent tactic and you'll be challenging for the title, if not win it if you're pretty good at it. Any other world-class manager would be happy to work with that squad with the attacking talent we have. And we're still flunking it. Thats down to the manager who can't realise the potential of this team.

I agree on de Gea and Smalling, but Mata has been awful of late and, without wanting to get in to the whole Rooney thing again as it has been done to death, he has been awful for 2 years.

What we need is not a change of manager, but a change of play style. Everything Scholes said in his rant the other day is exactly whats been bothering me the whole season and its if he took the words straight out of my mouth.

In essence I agree with this because, having been used to having Fergie at the helm for 26 years, I am not one for chopping and changing manager all the time, but I also accept that the reign of Fergie is a very rare thing in football, especially these days. As reluctant as I am to keep changing manager, I feel the only way we get a change in play style is by changing the manager, because he sure hasn't shown much willingness to stray too far from his core philosophy. As you yourself allude to, his stubbornness knows no bounds, so as I say the only way we see a much needed change in style is by replacing him. Of course, that brings us on to another much discussed subject that doesn't need much re-treading, of who would we get in ie who is available.

Curious to know what inspired the incisive high tempo attacking football in the first half against Chelsea and the second against Swansea. Was so un-LvG like, to the extent that he criticised the Swansea half.

There were some games at the end of last season as well where everything seemed to click. Pace of passing seems to be the key.

What we need is not a change of manager, but a change of play style.

The two things contradict each other. The latter is far more important, so the manager has to go. As you said Moyes tried everything, at least he was winning to try to make up for his ridiculous decision to get rid of all backroom staff.

Blanc yesterday, Pochettino today. It's like we're not actually looking at anyone.

Convinced it will be LVG, Giggs or Pep in charge. Most likely still LVG. If he can survive the run he went through, he can survive anything.

Archived