Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young was the standout for me, again. Obviously, Martial really came to life and Rooney played pretty well, but Young was good right up until he was subbed. Should be playing every match for us. Preferrably on the right, but I don't really care as long as he is on the field.

LVG ON JONES AND YOUNG SUBSTITUTIONS: "Jones is injured, more or less the same injury as before. Young has played a lot of matches in a row, so he was stiff and had to be changed. It was not voluntary, I changed them because I needed to change. With Herrera, it was because I wanted to waste time, as Swansea did all match."

Makes me very glad it wasn't a stupid sub, but equally annoyed that Jones is hurt. Again. Enough. He isn't the guy. Move on. We need a CB who can actually play 15 matches with out going down for 15. In his case, 5 matches would be nice. Maybe train Powell to be a CB?....

And, it isn't Blind. Never gonna be.

We'd be 6 points at least at the top of the table with just Aguero. Thats all we need, 1 top class player.

Chelsea, Arsenal and City all have one, we just need to find our own.

Better question would be what position would we be if we didn't have LVG as manager this season.

It's not like you need world class players to avoid getting destroyed and played off the park by Norwich, Bournemouth and Stoke back to back.

Wasn't counting DDG, he is more the reason we are 6th and not 16th. Not the player who would take us to 1st. And thats only because he is a GK.

Arsenal have 2, Chelsea have 1 (who isn't right now) and City have 1. Silva, Toure etc are a level below Aguero.

Luckily Arsenal have some sort of squad mentality deficiency, and if they don;t win the league this year they never will. They should be 10 points clear.

We haven't got 1 out field player right now.

Wasn't counting DDG, he is more the reason we are 6th and not 16th. Not the player who would take us to 1st. And thats only because he is a GK.

Arsenal have 2, Chelsea have 1 (who isn't right now) and City have 1. Silva, Toure etc are a level below Aguero.

Luckily Arsenal have some sort of squad mentality deficiency, and if they don;t win the league this year they never will. They should be 10 points clear.

We haven't got 1 out field player right now.

We have 3. Plus that bit about us potentially never winning the league again is hyperbolic nonsense.

We have 3. Plus that bit about us potentially never winning the league again is hyperbolic nonsense.

Who's your third world class player who can turn a draw into a win? Who is on par with Aguero, Hazard and Sanchez? And after I've already said I'm not counting goalkeepers?

And I was more saying this is your best chance you will ever have to win the league. You better take it.

Who's your third world class player who can turn a draw into a win? Who is on par with Aguero, Hazard and Sanchez? And after I've already said I'm not counting goalkeepers?

And I was more saying this is your best chance you will ever have to win the league. You better take it.

They have Ozil, also I am not sure how you can rank Alexis next to Hazard and Aguero but say that Silva and Toure are not up there. Aguero is in a league of his own but when you allow Hazard and Alexis into his club, whatever criteria gets them in also gets Toure and Silva in. :)

Aguero gets knocked down to the level of Hazard and co. because he's not fit enough to turn as many losses/draws into victories.

In theory, the expensive Depay and Martial should be your two attacking talisman?

They have Ozil, also I am not sure how you can rank Alexis next to Hazard and Aguero but say that Silva and Toure are not up there. Aguero is in a league of his own but when you allow Hazard and Alexis into his club, whatever criteria gets them in also gets Toure and Silva in. :)

Sanchez is up there, and us having him would transform us just like Aguero would. I wouldn't class Ozil as the same but knew if I didn't we would get loads of Arsenal fans in here telling me otherwise :D

Don't rate Silva as high. Good player, and the stats tell you he is top notch but he isn't going to grab a game and say right I'm going to win this. Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard can all do this. Ozil is the very same, as is Mata. The stats tell you they are top players but match winners when things are going against you they aren't.

Toure can also, but then the games where he can't be bothered lower him imo.

So I counted Sanchez and Ozil as Arsenal 2 top players, and we aren't counting Cech. So I'm very interested to know who Arsenals third is.

Aguero gets knocked down to the level of Hazard and co. because he's not fit enough to turn as many losses/draws into victories.

In theory, the expensive Depay and Martial should be your two attacking talisman?

At 21 and 20 not they aren't. Far too much has been expected of them already.

And at £19m Depay wasn't that expensive. Martial was but if he continues to develop over the next few years it will look a bargain.

Sanchez is up there, and us having him would transform us just like Aguero would. I wouldn't class Ozil as the same but knew if I didn't we would get loads of Arsenal fans in here telling me otherwise :D

Don't rate Silva as high. Good player, and the stats tell you he is top notch but he isn't going to grab a game and say right I'm going to win this. Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard can all do this. Ozil is the very same, as is Mata. The stats tell you they are top players but match winners when things are going against you they aren't.

Toure can also, but then the games where he can't be bothered lower him imo.

So I counted Sanchez and Ozil as Arsenal 2 top players, and we aren't counting Cech. So I'm very interested to know who Arsenals third is.

Going by who posted it he is talking about Ramsey

World class footballers do not suit playing anti-football. Look at di Maria, he is class but couldn't fit LVG's anti-football style of play. Who knows how the likes of ozil will do under LVG?

Right now I don't think it is all about what players we bring in, it is the style of play. You really think our players are so bad they should get played off the park at home to Norwich?

Palace's next two games: Chelsea (H) and Aston Villa (A). Two easy games for them. Not even considering Chelsea's form this season, Palace have a very good recent track record against Chelsea, even effectively ruining their title charge in 2014 and I believe they won at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. Aston Villa are a sinking ship.

How's that working out for Palace?

Excluding Cech we have two, but why would you exclude goalkeepers?

Because I was talking about the type of player we need. I'm not talking about saving points. or stopping draws from being defeats or wins from being draws.

A goalkeeper can't take a game by the scruff of the neck and turn a draw into a win, and thats the type of player we need.

We are trying to turn 0-0s and 0-1s into wins. The best GK whoever lived isn't going to do that.

U21s beat Spurs 3-1, James Weir and two from Andreas Pereira, including one direct from a corner. Will Keane missed a few chances from what I've read, but Ben Pearson looked excellent. He needs a Championship loan really now he's back from Barnsley, but it wouldn't surprise me if Van Gaal wanted a look at him in the first team.

It's been a hit and miss approach, there have been a few decent ones (McNair, Pereira, Lingard and potentially CBJ) and yeah a couple of Tyler Blacketts but at least they're being given a chance to prove themselves and I reckon a few of them can lay claims to be first teamers in the future (CBJ could at least be the main backup for Shaw for a while - meaning he'll play a lot cos Shaw's injuries)

Come on Pep, you know it makes sense.

I seriously think he wants the United job, if we don't offer it him or don't pay enough or whatever then we're even more incompetent than I thought we were.

This. If we offer him everything we can within reason and he says no, then fair enough. If we fail to do that, then that's utterly unacceptable

This. If we offer him everything we can within reason and he says no, then fair enough. If we fail to do that, then that's utterly unacceptable

I think Phil McNulty said something mad along the lines of "United might choose to not go for Pep, just in case he joins City and they end up with egg on their face".

Archived