Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Really daylight :rolleyes:

Yeah really.

You are just being as bad as someone coming on saying "the game is fixed", "SI ninja fixed injuries"

Someone came into the feedback thread and gave feedback on what he seen as a problem and straight away he is being dismissed by you as either illiterate, or as being dumb that he forgot he downloaded some 3rd party file.

Sometimes it is okay for someone to post something that is wrong with the game without having to be burned at the stake for doing so.

We always say that it is a shame that not many of the SI guys post on these boards anymore because of the crap they get from some members, that is also true of some older members of this forums that do not post anymore.

Haha! Bet you've been waiting ages to catch him out :lol:

I can't say it ever crossed my mind to be honest.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah really.

You are just being as bad as someone coming on saying "the game is fixed", "SI ninja fixed injuries"

Someone came into the feedback thread and gave feedback on what he seen as a problem and straight away he is being dismissed by you as either illiterate, or as being dumb that he forgot he downloaded some 3rd party file.

Sometimes it is okay for someone to post something that is wrong with the game without having to be burned at the stake for doing so.

We always say that it is a shame that not many of the SI guys post on these boards anymore because of the crap they get from some members, that is also true of some older members of this forums that do not post anymore.

Well thanks for that feedback, just a shame its a load of bollocks isn't it!

The user brought up an issue and I gave him the two most common causes. He then he confirmed it was neither of those and gave more information which cleaner then used to identify the cause.

Anything else you read into that is entirely in your own mind and you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop being so fragile and grow up ffs!

This is getting silly now. Keeping a low training workout, I'm getting at least 1 injury per game plus a penalty or a red card. Just got a player sent off after HT when I'm winning confortably and all players are calm... Then 2 injuries in same game. Feck sake.

I could not disagree with you any more than I do on this. The roles in the game are shortcuts to getting a general set of behaviours from a player;

Good- that is a good thing. I'm not against roles per se, not in the slightest. I'm against the complete lack of information that's come with them. The problem, and the key point that I'm trying to make, is that the game isn't telling you what those behaviours that you're shortcutting to actually are. At a very basic level, if a player is selected to play a particular role, what is that role telling them to do, and how is that different from selecting them to play a different role?

Imagine you are telling a DLF that you want him to drop deeper, support the midfield and help build attacks from deep, etc. plus any additional instructions you wish to give him. How else would you want to do it? Build a custom role from all available PIs? That would make the game so much more complicated and less accessible.

On the contrary, I don't see letting people build custom roles would make things more difficult- giving more flexibility means managers then know exactly what they're telling players to do, rather than figuring out from SI's vague, often overlapping definitions of predefined roles. It also makes things easier to fix when you notice things aren't working- rather than changing someone's role and everything that comes with it, you just tell your player to change the part of their game that isn't working. Again, exactly as you would in real life.

I also do not understand how you can think that it would - or should even - be possible to master the game tactically without watching matches, trying different combinations of roles, duties, mentalities and the like to find out how they all link together and what kind of football they play.

Slow down- I didn't say anything about mastering the game, or that you should be able to go without watching games at all. I said that you shouldn't have to watch games to figure out what you're telling your individual players to do- that is not a necessary step in that process. I agree wholeheartedly that to create a coherent tactic and to learn how the roles, mentality etc. you've selected interact with one another you absolutely do need to see what happens on the pitch and adapt from there.

This is the difference between taking over a team like Manchester United and having instant success with a big club, and taking over a small team and building them up. It is a steep learning curve, but if you do not want to have such a learning curve then stick to big teams where the quality of players will often be enough in spite of the tactics used.

But it's an unnecessarily steep learning curve. If you are the manager of a football team, you tell your players what you want them to do. Anyone should be able to come to FM and do that. Perhaps what they say is rubbish and doesn't work, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to communicate what they want their team to try and do. And while I can't speak from a great deal of experience in terms of managing big clubs in FM, I don't know how true the point you make about big clubs/little clubs is- surely big clubs face other sides who are just as high quality, and therefore you still need to have a solid set of tactics? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, tactically the game has come on so much compared to having sliders.

I don't disagree. Tactically, the game is more robust than ever. The tools that are available and the possibilities in game are fantastic. They're just not very well explained, and the game doesn't provide anything by way of feedback if you're using them in a way that isn't working.

When sliders existed I did not enjoy tactics, it was a matter of moving them until it randomly worked. Currently it is possible to consistently and intuitively set a team up to play a specific style of football.

I'm not at all a member of the slider brigade- I've never touched a slider in my life. What exists is better than it's ever been. It just needs to become something that the game itself is supporting more, so that the misconceptions aren't perpetuated, and people aren't making the kinds of mistakes that started this thread of comments in this thread. For example- common wisdom on these forums is that it's a bad idea to have all four defenders on a Defensive duty. Common sense, however, says that of course you would, because they're defenders, and the game doesn't even hint that doing otherwise may be more effective.

Lots of excessive injuries being reported, but from what I can gather from the reasons is that the changes to the ME have somehow altered the rate of injuries occurring for some tactical outlooks but not for others. Could the ME changes also be the cause of the excess tiredness that is now being reported too?

On the contrary, I don't see letting people build custom roles would make things more difficult- giving more flexibility means managers then know exactly what they're telling players to do, rather than figuring out from SI's vague, often overlapping definitions of predefined roles. It also makes things easier to fix when you notice things aren't working- rather than changing someone's role and everything that comes with it, you just tell your player to change the part of their game that isn't working. Again, exactly as you would in real life.

The problem with custom roles is that it takes away the level playing field between AI managers and human ones.

At the moment both have access to the same options (like chess so to speak) but if you start letting human users build customs roles it makes it more likely that the ME would be exploited similar to what arrows did for the diablo tactic.

I'm coping with injuries in my team, some normal numbers at any time, but AI is just berserk they got new injured players every two days, perhaps some changes caused it, thing that came to my mind is that their training level is at high/very high all the time... tested it 5-6 times and after 2 months on holiday there are 3-4 teams with 9+ injuries every time... completely unplayable for me, for example playing at home a darby game and the visitors are having 5 players at age 17 from u19...

Ye, this gotta be the first year i moan about injuries. I like to rotate and roleplay these sort of things that happen in real life. However, it got to a point it seriously affects my gameplans and i can't give game time to youngster as i always have 1 or 2 injured players during matches.

Even my keeper had to be subbed and it's early in the season, workload medium.

It's not just me, my u19s get an injured youngster every game, and often for several weeks.

I fear it's something related to player fitness' framework. It's different now. I made a month or two with fitness preparations for the new season. 4.5star coaches. And i can't make it to the 80th minute without half of the team on her 60s. Shouldn't happen. I can't imagine how it's like on boxing day :eek:

Very very disappointed with this latest patch.

15.3 is a step backwards from 15.2.1.

1) Way too many injuries for me even though i changed nothing. Average 1-2 in game injuries per game and 1-2 out of game injuries. Always have 6-10 players injured at any one time.

2) Way too many red cards. Averaging 2-3 red cards every 10 games, when the previous year i maybe had 1 or 2 the entire year. Feels like the players just want continue diving in like crazy regardless whether they are on a yellow card or not.

3) Way too many complaints about not playing, even though they might be the 5th choice 19 year old defender.

4) Way too many shots on goals. I average about 25-30+ a game every game. Last years Man City with 100 goals only had about 17-18. My shot conversion is nerfed otherwise i would be getting 150 goals a game. I am Liverpool by the way. A big team wit good finishers like Sturridge, Balotelli, etc.

I play a very simple 4-4-2 control formation, press high, high tempo. but nothing else really out of he ordinary.

SI should allow players to downgrade from 15.3 to 15.2.1 as the current version is broken.

I'd personally rather play the last version.

Basically, i've bought a full price game 4 mths ago, that is still in beta and will never exit beta.

Alternatively, SI should give existing FM15 users a discount when they buy FM16, for like a tenner.

When you dupe your customer into paying full price for an unfinished game, then you should give them a discount on the next product.

Otherwise, i'm just going to give FM16 a miss entirely until the final patch is out.

Read the comments on the board, then decide whether 16 is worth buying or not.

By that time it would probably be down to 10-15 quid anyway.

There is just no incentive to buy FM games in November anymore.

No point in being alpha and beta testers for the company.

And before you start ranting and raving about me, i've been playing since champ man 2 and I'm 40.

SI have said before that correcting problems in the game is no easy feat, as fixing one thing can have a knock-on effect on 2/3 other aspects, thus requiring them to be fixed also. Could it be that the hike in injuries was not intended in any way, it's just a by-product of them fixing something else within the game?

yes, this is the first patch ive moaned about injuries in twenty years!!!

that's why you haven't seen any postings from me.

without another hotfix or option to downgrade it is just unplayable in the current form.

SI will lose a lot of goodwill with long standing customers like us.

yes, this is the first patch ive moaned about injuries in twenty years!!!

that's why you haven't seen any postings from me.

without another hotfix or option to downgrade it is just unplayable in the current form.

SI will lose a lot of goodwill with long standing customers like us.

SI are a professional company. I agree that there is a problem in the latest patch re. injuries (and I'm sure they do too), but I doubt they will just shrug and say "wait for FM 16". I'm sure that in due course, they will release some sort of fix or updated patch.

I guess one of the problems with how the game is patched is the lack of testing.

Released patches should fix games not take the game back a step.

Not sure if its possible with steam but having the patches classified as beta could be a good option. Let the people that want to test it do so and let the people that dont keep to the previous build.

League stats -> tackles per game shows me a league leader for a Bundesliga season (played entirely with 15.3) making 17 tackles / game, with 23 players averaging over 10 tackles per game. (!)

More tackles per game = more injuries per game

more tackles, also leading to more of these stupid red cards as well and more injuries as you mentioned edj.

the defenders have always been too dumb with fm.

bad positioning, suicidal tendencies to run after the ball past the halfway line, leaving no one to defend, stand still watch the ball go past them, etc, etc. from so called world class defenders.

in real life, they probably won't be good enough to play in a pub team.

defenders should do a better job of containing and positioning. forcing the play sideways, backwards, etc.

that will lower the tackle, injuries, red card, shots count.

which are all ridiculously unrealistic at the moment.

Yes, that would explain the increase in red cards as well.

One interesting effect - in the spirit of playing the game we have instead of the one we wish we had - is that the Tackling attribute is suddenly much more valuable, directly affecting the success rate. As well as Determination and Bravery of attacking players, since you need them to be mentally strong to fight through the increase in opposition tackles.

League stats -> tackles per game shows me a league leader for a Bundesliga season (played entirely with 15.3) making 17 tackles / game, with 23 players averaging over 10 tackles per game. (!)

More tackles per game = more injuries per game

Yes, but as SI have explained, the ME interprets challenges differently from Opta stats, for example. Every challenge with the ball is recorded as a tackle, whether it is a proper tackle or not. This leads to higher stat on tackles, as it always has. This is something they are looking to improve by refining the match engine to dela with physicality.

Yes, but as SI have explained, the ME interprets challenges differently from Opta stats, for example. Every challenge with the ball is recorded as a tackle, whether it is a proper tackle or not. This leads to higher stat on tackles, as it always has. This is something they are looking to improve by refining the match engine to dela with physicality.

Do you know if SI uses analysis of OPTA to refine the ME?

Do you know if SI uses analysis of OPTA to refine the ME?

That I don't know. I do know that in this case, it is a match engine limitation that gives high tackle stats, so in terms of the injuries, nothing has changed from earlier versions. I can ask and see what uses they get out of OPTA, and maybe I'll find something out. Best I can do on this one.

Does no one check their tactics anymore after an update, if the ME has been tweaked then you will also need to tweak your tactics slightly to balance it out, I'm not talking anything major but myself I've went from attacking to control, and dropped a couple of team instructions and I've had very little injuries, just the normal you'd expect from a football team.

Maybe if everyone stopped bloody moaning and have a look at how your team is set up, training and squad management, then you could get on with enjoying the game.

As an aside, I was wondering if your manager profile has anything to do with player interaction as again only a few people are complaining about it. I've set myself as an ex international as I always do to gain respect from players, and with the additions of the coaching stats availiable, I've given high stats for motivation, discipline and determination.

That I don't know. I do know that in this case, it is a match engine limitation that gives high tackle stats, so in terms of the injuries, nothing has changed from earlier versions. I can ask and see what uses they get out of OPTA, and maybe I'll find something out. Best I can do on this one.

Cool. Would think that at some point, machine learning techniques applied to OPTA would be the way to go. Determine what real players do in situations and then use that to inform player decisions. (Haven't ever played with OPTA data myself, so I don't really know what's there and what the limitations are etc... maybe just pie in the sky to think it's useful :) )

Yeah except that in real life, every challenge does not lead to the ball carrier falling on his face, spending the next five seconds getting on his feet again. This takes him out of the game for a very crucial phase, unrealistically boosting counter tactics at the cost of attacking tactics.

As was said above, there is an undisputed increase in the number of challenges in 15.3, which in itself may be a cause for the increased number of injuries. Compared to FM14, a player needs to play more minutes of football to gain the same number of match fitness points. "Contain is the new Attack" - meaning closing down and aggressiveness have been boosted in general; the advice given to people who complain about the number of injuries is to play a less demanding type of football, and it is advice given by people who play exquisitly attacking football by telling their world-class teams to "sit this one out, hoping to stop the opponent, do not try to attack"... as if that made sense.

In addition there might be other factors contributing to injuries; the pitch - did it rain, was it soggy out there? It would make sense that this was a real-world factor contributing to injuries, and that it was therefore added to the game. No documentation about it as far as I know.

When put together, it is just not true that "nothing has been changed regarding injuries". SI have changed a ton of things connected to closing down, willingness to tackle, the tempo and training/fitness part of the game; possibly without also changing the impact of low Bravery, Injury Proneness and Natural Fitness attributes in the database and in the player generation module. They have also given the AI more tactical options, including automatically going Attack/Overload once they are two or more goals down - something which generates a rather unrealistic battle of a football game if you don't meet it by easing off on your own strategy... and quite likely also more injuries. Soak tests are unlikely to reveal this because the AI is of course constantly adjusting to what the opposition team does.

In the same savegame I and my friend have wildly different experiences regarding the number of injuries. While I have few problems, he is often left with no tactical substitutions because 3-4 of his players are carried off in a game. Yes - often! He plays a 442 Contain tactic by the way.

I am still sure that SI's average injury rate is correct and even slightly lower than real life, but averages are not always telling the truth. The average woman gives birth to...what is it, 1.7 kids? Poor second toddler is a little bit off a full human then, and it's a shame isn't it? We can come with our own rosy tales of "no harm done in my save", but the truth is that a lot of SI's customers are experiencing that they have to carry off one, two, three of their players on a stretcher so often that it feels like "every game", and nothing in the game itself suggests that they are doing something wrong. Yes tell everyone that the previous Very Heavy training regimes are now not intended to work for long periods of time, and that low condition/match fitness increases the chance of injury - and tell them that pushing up and pressing high may cause more injuries especially when the opposition team also does the same, but don't continue this "we have not changed anything regarding injuries" nonsense, because you know it is a blatant lie.

Yeah except that in real life, every challenge does not lead to the ball carrier falling on his face, spending the next five seconds getting on his feet again. This takes him out of the game for a very crucial phase, unrealistically boosting counter tactics at the cost of attacking tactics.

Biggest issue in what is otherwise a very good match engine. far too many attacking players taking poor first touches and running/walking into challenges and falling over, leading to inflated tackle stats and over-powered counter attacks.

Simmed through a few seasons on full match processing to test the AI in the Czech and Champions League.

- Still way, way, way too many unrealistic looking rebound goals. This has been a problem since the beta and kills the immersion at times. I would estimate at least 20% of the goals I've seen, and probably 80% of the set piece goals, coming from rebounds where the goalie is completely motionless. I have no idea why this is so difficult to correct. :/

- There's an odd trend of players making a challenge just for the ball to slide right to the feet of an attacking player in the box. Like... way too often. Almost as if there is a magnet or something. It's really bizarre but if you play enough you'll see this over and over.

- Shots... wow. Liverpool just outshot Bayern 48 to 1 in the Champions League Semi-Final. 48 to 1. Come on. As others have posted, this is a ridiculous total for a game that strives for realism.

Sorry to be a bit annoyed, was just hoping for a bit more polish this far into the game's release. All in all, it's still great.

Simmed through a few seasons on full match processing to test the AI in the Czech and Champions League.

- Still way, way, way too many unrealistic looking rebound goals. This has been a problem since the beta and kills the immersion at times. I would estimate at least 20% of the goals I've seen, and probably 80% of the set piece goals, coming from rebounds where the goalie is completely motionless. I have no idea why this is so difficult to correct. :/

I've noticed, post-patch, that balls coming into the box carrom amongst the players like demented bumper pool. Of course, the ball will never find the net in this instance unless the goalkeeper taps it in with his heel.

- There's an odd trend of players making a challenge just for the ball to slide right to the feet of an attacking player in the box. Like... way too often. Almost as if there is a magnet or something. It's really bizarre but if you play enough you'll see this over and over.

the "rag doll" physics engine is now rather robust, with defenders slide-tackling the ball away in the box and the offensive player cartwheeling to a stop, flat on his back. No red cards, rarely a PK, but a simple nudge at midfield always results in an early bath.

- Shots... wow. Liverpool just outshot Bayern 48 to 1 in the Champions League Semi-Final. 48 to 1. Come on. As others have posted, this is a ridiculous total for a game that strives for realism.

I haven't really noticed a significant difference in shots in my games.

Sorry to be a bit annoyed, was just hoping for a bit more polish this far into the game's release. All in all, it's still great.

I had adapted to the last patch, got my custom skins back up and running...now the logos won't load and every time I have to make an injury substitution, the game crash-dumps. If this is, as they claim, the "finished state' of the game...it's not done..but I am.

There's an issue with the 'allow squad registration anytime'

You should be able to change your list like before. Now you can't, the players who weren't registered just show ine, then as soon as you try to change it, the player you took out the squad also changes to ine..

Proving the point. The very worst screenshot you have come up with is about the same as the very worst in real life, and it's an outlier. Go over every playable league and you will see the averages are very low.

My league in FM right now, maximum for any team is 5, then three teams on 4, three teams have 0. This is the day after a match, near the end of the season when everyone is more tired.

In the entire English system of 7 divisions in my game, one team has 6 players out. That is staggeringly lower than real life.

Small sample sizes combined with an utter lack of awareness of real life equivalent stats is usually the answer.

To add to that some users are quick to blame the game rather than review what they are doing in relation to influencing the issue.

Maybe SI did tweak something that had a knockon effect, match condition possibly dropping quicker/more is starting to get mentioned but in general injuries are managable.

Just to give some perspective these are mine since the patch hit (I've played Nov-May with one club before taking over a new club in the summer where I've played pre-season + one league game).

Club A (Nov-May)

GK - 1 (Back Strain 3 weeks out) - Training

GK - 0

GK - 0

DC - 1 (Bruised shin 6 days out) - Training

DC - 1 (Concussion 6 days out) - Match

DLC - 0

DLC - 1 (Cold 2 days out) - Cold

DL - 0

DL - 0

DR/DM - 0

DRC - 0

DR - 0

MC - 0

MC - 0

MC - 1 (Torn hamstring 3 months out) - Match

MC - 1 (Groin strain 2 weeks out) - Match

MC - 4 (Groin strain 2 weeks out, sprained ankle 4 weeks out, virus 11 days out, chest injury 10 days out) - 1 match, 2 training, 1 virus ***Injury prone player***

MRC - 1 (Gashed leg 9 days out) - Match

MRLC - 1 (Bruised thigh 5 days out) - Match

MRL - 0

ML - 1 (Bruised rib 5 days out) - Match

ST - 2 (Groin strain 2 weeks out, cold 2 days out) - 1 match, 1 cold

ST - 0

ST - 2 (Pulled hamstring 3 weeks out, Achilles tendonitis 3 weeks out) - 1 match, 1 training

ST - 0

Thats the 25 players that were in my first team squad and they suffered 17 injuries in 7 months between them.

13 players didn't suffer any injuries

9 suffered 1 injury

2 suffered 2 injuries

1 suffered 4 injuries

The total time out for all injuries was approx 39 weeks.

Of the 17 injuries only one was over 4 weeks out while 9 were 11 days or less with the remaining 7 between 11 days & 4 weeks out.

9 of the injuries were in match, 5 in training while 3 were cold/virus.

I've since changed clubs and these are the injuries the team has suffered in pre-season:

Twisted Knee 2 weeks out (ML)

Twisted knee 2 weeks out (MC)

Twisted ankle Out for 2 weeks so far (MC)

Chest injury 11 days out

Cougar, how many of those occurred during training, and how many in the match?

Just realised that I haven't counted injuries that don't turn into anything after a match.

Just for completeness between Nov & May the team played 38 matches.

Looking at the match stats for each game in the 38 matches the team suffered 10 yellow & 9 red injuries of which 9 turned into injuries after the matches - so around 50% of injuries in matches became full injuries after the match.

Of the 38 matches 24 were injury free (My team), 10 had one injury, 3 had two injuries and I had one match which had 2 yellow & 2 red injuries in it.

I've recently started an FMC game with Bath City, and I currently have 8 first team players injured. In the last five games, I've had at least two stretchered off, with multiple other orange injuries. If they'd all been serious, I'd wouldn't have a single player currently!

It's the first time across any save on this year's FM I've had bother with injuries. Because it's FMC, I'm just firing through matches quickly, and I've only realised my reserve side have big gaps between games. Add that to the match fitness of part time players taking ages to get up to speed, and it's becoming apparent why I'm getting so many knocks. Having to now schedule lots of friendlies for the reserves, and make players available to bulk up the match fitness. Hopefully it'll settle down soon.

Proving the point. The very worst screenshot you have come up with is about the same as the very worst in real life, and it's an outlier. Go over every playable league and you will see the averages are very low.

My league in FM right now, maximum for any team is 5, then three teams on 4, three teams have 0. This is the day after a match, near the end of the season when everyone is more tired.

In the entire English system of 7 divisions in my game, one team has 6 players out. That is staggeringly lower than real life.

I've showed the extreme screen because i'm playing that league, more or less the situation is similar in other leagues for example France : http://www.dodaj.rs/f/29/QE/4jq0isq1/ligue-1-stats-injury-tab.png, every other league i have loaded have the situation that max for any team is some 8-9 injuries, most of the others is in range 5-7

Of course. Your players' condition will reduce quicker and thus make them more susceptible to injury, particularly later in games.

Cheers - Reason I ask is that without wanting get to get too embroilled in the "injuries are terrible in latest release" debate I seem to be getting more injuries in-match than ever before even though my tactics have remained the same.

I've got no issues with training injuries whatsoever and haven't noticed any increase :)

Ahh man, I feel like I've really tried with this update to give it a fair shake but I've got to say it feels like a big step backwards.

Lots of the more annoying foibles of the previous patch seem to remain (players passing it our for a corner) with added new annoyances (keepers diving to keep out shots that are going a yard or so wide) but I can cope with that- my main problem is every game for me seems to have settled into a pattern- I dominate, create a ton of chances but don't take many of them, the opposition plays on the break and maybe gets 3 or 4 shots a game. Every game seems to go like this and I end up winning 1 or 2 nil OR one of my defenders makes a mistake and I lose 1-0. There is no variety, no excitement in the game. In the last version I felt like each game was unique and presented different challanges, now it just seems to be send out my team and keep my fingers crossed that the strikers actually put away their chances.

I'm really gutted as for me FM15 has been the best FM in quite a while and the last patch was great with only a few minor annoyances. I'm afraid this new one has sucked the fun out of the game for me somewhat.

Lots of the more annoying foibles of the previous patch seem to remain (players passing it our for a corner)

What level are you playing at?

Compared to FM14 this is something I almost never see now. When I started at a lower level in the early patches I saw it now and again but on the latest patch playing in the Championship/Premiership I can't remember the last time I saw it where it didn't look normal so to speak.

If you have examples I would post them in the bugs forum but in general I suspect it comes down to player attributes, mentality & tactics.

Will the bugs be fixed? Stuff like the in game editor not working with squad registration etc?

It's up to SI to decide but there are no plans for any more updates - as has been repeatedly stated.

What level are you playing at?

Compared to FM14 this is something I almost never see now. When I started at a lower level in the early patches I saw it now and again but on the latest patch playing in the Championship/Premiership I can't remember the last time I saw it where it didn't look normal so to speak.

If you have examples I would post them in the bugs forum but in general I suspect it comes down to player attributes, mentality & tactics.

Premier League. It almost invariably happens when a defender is facing his own goal with the ball on his weaker foot, often under little pressure.

Archived