Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Oh yeah, there's about two dozen new crash reports in the MAc section just in the past 24 hours :/

Only 7 people have bug reported a crash when loading the others are for different reason or at different times in the game so please count properly if you're going to quote numbers :)

Can anybody else add to the info so far given on this specific crash please in the bug reports, so I can point it out to the Devs?

Edit: I was wrong only 3 reports of similar problem to you today the others are crashing on loading the game, hope somebody can get back to you all asap but it is Saturday afternoon here and even SI get some time off :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you understand the issue..

It's crossing effectiveness vs the ability to either stop those crosses coming in, and your center backs being able to pick up players attacking the cross..

..and the sheer amount of crosses the opponents use..

lol - I play diamond with no wingers and my full backs stay back...Crossing not a problem guys.......

But I do understand the issue, there isn't one.

If you play with wide men you will get loads of crosses, if you play with WB on attack then they will leave space and in lower leagues the CB's are not good enough to cover. Big problem I hear is people saying I manage a conference team and this and that is happening, maybe it's because they're trying to get a very poor to average bunch of players to play like Chelsea or Real, something they cannot do.

Too many people moan about so many things and basically the majority is all to do with tactics/training and level of teams they manage, I'm not the only one havingvery few problems with these issues.

Oh and I had crosses come in and my players dealt with them no problem at all.

Just some statistic backup to end posts like "I never concede through a cross" vs "every single goal comes from a cross!".

Here http://eplindex.com/21057/analysis-premier-league-goal-assist-2011-12.html

it is written that 2011/12 about 16% of all goals in the prem came from crosses, against about 58% from non-crosses (set pieces excluded! they amount to about 26%).

In my Serie A season 50% of all goals (note: in the matches I took part in) came from crosses, and about 40% from normal passes. That's since the full release, of course.

So there IS an issue with crosses, and a pretty big one (you can make your own conclusions with the analysis tab for your own team).

Feel free to post your statistics, of couse mine are only for one team in one season.

So I've just started my first game and when looking at my staff I see scouts, coaches and physios are all lumped under other staff. I know there was an other staff amount on FM14, but I just checked an old save for reference and noticed that scouts are separate, and other staff essentially covers coaches and physios.

Now is this board specific depending on the club you're managing, or are scouts always included in other staff now? If so I feel like there needs to be more flexibility. I am currently allowed four other staff (upped from 3 on board request) but I am allowed a Director of Football, Head of Youth Development and Under 21 and Under 19 assistant managers. When you're managing a smaller club these positions are less important than coaches and scouts. I feel there should be a way of making an adjustment in a similar way to the budget adjustment so, for example, you can have an extra coach instead of a Director of Football.

Concede far too many goals from the goalkeeper taking a freekick, kicking it straight to an opposition player who punts it downfield into the open goal

Anything more specific you can bug report? like how many times in X period, maybe a pkm or 3? isn't something I've noticed, actually thought my gk was kicking it too long:)

If you play with wide men you will get loads of crosses, if you play with WB on attack then they will leave space and in lower leagues the CB's are not good enough to cover. Big problem I hear is people saying I manage a conference team and this and that is happening, maybe it's because they're trying to get a very poor to average bunch of players to play like Chelsea or Real, something they cannot do.

Too many people moan about so many things and basically the majority is all to do with tactics/training and level of teams they manage, I'm not the only one havingvery few problems with these issues.

So because it's not an Issue for you, it obviously isn't a problem..

Despite a massive recurring theme in the 47 pages of the Beta thread, continued in this thread, and threads being made in the tactics Forum????????

You're delusional..

I play in the Bundesliga, which I won season 1, am currently top of season 2.

My fullbacks all have work rates above 15, their pace and acc. stats are all above 16 - The same goes for my wingers. They are also set to close down more, both TI and PIs, fullbacks and wingers, and the wingers are set to mark opposition wingers via opp. instructions.

Nothing wrong with my tactics, my possession rates and attempts and clear cut chances are always superior.

My centre backs are also very good.

However, I concede almost all of my goals from crosses/set pieces..

SI themselves have confirmed there is an issue and there has been since the Beta. Take a look in the Bugs forum.

I'm sure its exaggerated a lot on here but its something that is slightly out of kilter at the moment.

Don't really understand your 1 man crusade to prove everybody else including SI wrong but good luck with that anyway.

I repeat: It is extremely easy to give exact statistics for your own team about how many goals are scored or conceded through crosses. Go to Tactics -> Analysis -> Goals -> Assist, add up all goals with a calculator, write down that number, add up the goals scored / conceded from crosses, write down that number and divide it through the overall number of goals (like 100 goals overall, 40 goals from crosses, calculator: 40 / 100 = 40. That's 40% of goals in your matches coming from crosses).

This should stop you from argueing about whether crosses are an issue or not. There's - as every year - too much subjective opinion going around and too little objective evidence (the same for injuries). But this is a case where you can really easily back up your opinion with evidence, so please take the time to do that. That's what I would call constructive feedback.

So because it's not an Issue for you, it obviously isn't a problem..

Despite a massive recurring theme in the 47 pages of the Beta thread, continued in this thread, and threads being made in the tactics Forum????????

You're delusional..

I play in the Bundesliga, which I won season 1, am currently top of season 2.

My fullbacks all have work rates above 15, their pace and acc. stats are all above 16 - The same goes for my wingers. They are also set to close down more, both TI and PIs, fullbacks and wingers, and the wingers are set to mark opposition wingers via opp. instructions.

Nothing wrong with my tactics, my possession rates and attempts and clear cut chances are always superior.

My centre backs are also very good.

However, I concede almost all of my goals from crosses/set pieces..

Not delutional, just pragmatic.............I seen the excess crosses in BETA and when the game was released, but I adjusted my team to lessen the problem. I had my WB on attack and reverted them back to support, changed my CB to cover and made my 2 CM run wide to fill in the gap in the pitch infront of my WB. Surely also if your team is doing so well and winning so much, then it's only natural that lesser teams will only get success from either set pieces or out wide as they aren't going to pass the ball through you, are they now.

Can I get a refund? Nearly every goal is from a cross. UNPLAYABLE. Been playing since CM4 but will never be buying football manager again.

This is your 2nd post! - Send me your address and a refund is on the way :D

SI themselves have confirmed there is an issue and there has been since the Beta. Take a look in the Bugs forum.

I'm sure its exaggerated a lot on here but its something that is slightly out of kilter at the moment.

Don't really understand your 1 man crusade to prove everybody else including SI wrong but good luck with that anyway.

Not a one man crusade, just a wee bit OTT there ???

Yes I'm sure there is a little issue with it but people do seem to exaggerate it all too much, you can negate it with tactics till SI tweak it. Like last year tactics had to be tweaked regularly with every update, things have been reported and SI have acknowledged some issues, but the amount of moaning on here is ridiculous at times, it's not as bad as made out, same goes for injuries.

Is the sorting broke or is it just me? Any time I try to sort things by a specific column it does not work. Only CA, Recommendation and one other works. For the record, CA is only there as a means of testing - I'm not a cheat! Honest!

See here; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B17kYv7CUAACToH.png:large hoepfully that works. Is this a known bug and is there any way to sort it out? Kind of hampering my selection process, I've got pretty weak vision so sorting everything out into things into the columns I want to investigate really helps. Would really appreciate any responses regarding this, it's putting me off playing so far as I'm struggling to be able to read the jumbled up positions and wages etc. accurately. Not a problem nay people will have but really does do me in!

Cheers.

I repeat: It is extremely easy to give exact statistics for your own team about how many goals are scored or conceded through crosses. Go to Tactics -> Analysis -> Goals -> Assist, add up all goals with a calculator, write down that number, add up the goals scored / conceded from crosses, write down that number and divide it through the overall number of goals (like 100 goals overall, 40 goals from crosses, calculator: 40 / 100 = 40. That's 40% of goals in your matches coming from crosses).

This should stop you from argueing about whether crosses are an issue or not. There's - as every year - too much subjective opinion going around and too little objective evidence (the same for injuries). But this is a case where you can really easily back up your opinion with evidence, so please take the time to do that. That's what I would call constructive feedback.

That's irony, mine for the last season is exactly 40% :)

Not delutional, just pragmatic.............I seen the excess crosses in BETA and when the game was released, but I adjusted my team to lessen the problem. I had my WB on attack and reverted them back to support, changed my CB to cover and made my 2 CM run wide to fill in the gap in the pitch infront of my WB. Surely also if your team is doing so well and winning so much, then it's only natural that lesser teams will only get success from either set pieces or out wide as they aren't going to pass the ball through you, are they now.

Even if you have somehow stumbled on the exact magic formula to stop all goals from crosses it doesn't mean there isn't an underlying issue.

Players shouldn't be channeled into playing 1 exact tactical set up to combat bias in the match engine.

And it works both ways, human managers can exploit the match engine and hammer teams by setting up to ping in crosses all day which is a bit simplistic and boring and very unrealistic.

Smart tip!

Thanks!

Here my numbers:

Matches: 21

Goals 73

Assist from crosses 44

% =60,2%

I set "Exploit the middle", to lessen the issue

Not a one man crusade, just a wee bit OTT there ???

Yes I'm sure there is a little issue with it but people do seem to exaggerate it all too much, you can negate it with tactics till SI tweak it. Like last year tactics had to be tweaked regularly with every update, things have been reported and SI have acknowledged some issues, but the amount of moaning on here is ridiculous at times, it's not as bad as made out, same goes for injuries.

While I agree with you about injuries, in my game (not lower leagues, but Serie A) about 50% of all goals were scored from crosses. This is way off compared to the real life 16% (for the premier league). So while this isn't the end of the world, it is a serious issue because it completely changes tactical thinking. Systems without wingers (that is also systems with inside forwards, Barca e.g.!) will be heaviliy underperforming versus systems with straightforward wingers. SI will fix this, but please stop telling other people that there is no issue when there's evidence in every one's game

Is the sorting broke or is it just me? Any time I try to sort things by a specific column it does not work. Only CA, Recommendation and one other works. For the record, CA is only there as a means of testing - I'm not a cheat! Honest!

See here; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B17kYv7CUAACToH.png:large hoepfully that works. Is this a known bug and is there any way to sort it out? Kind of hampering my selection process, I've got pretty weak vision so sorting everything out into things into the columns I want to investigate really helps. Would really appreciate any responses regarding this, it's putting me off playing so far as I'm struggling to be able to read the jumbled up positions and wages etc. accurately. Not a problem nay people will have but really does do me in!

Cheers.

There is an issue but I'm pretty sure somebody in this thread came up with at least a partial workaround, have a browse back through to start with, get back if you don't find it :thup:

The problems with GPU rendering mentioned here reminds me that I've been playing on software since the beta. This is what happens when I use GPU rendering (I have a Radeon HD 7850):

image.jpg

Basically, as the mouse cursor moves around, different rendering artefacts appear, elongated triangles stretching across the screen.

It runs perfectly well on software, so this isn't really a big problem, but I seem to remember the same thing happening on FM14 as well.

The problems with GPU rendering mentioned here reminds me that I've been playing on software since the beta. This is what happens when I use GPU rendering (I have a Radeon HD 7850):

image.jpg

Basically, as the mouse cursor moves around, different rendering artefacts appear, elongated triangles stretching across the screen.

It runs perfectly well on software, so this isn't really a big problem, but I seem to remember the same thing happening on FM14 as well.

Should report it in the Crashes and Tech issues bug forum, GPU should of course be better so there's an issue of some kind.

Your DXdiag would help them get started.

Honestly I fully understand this, and I respect and commend you in finding a way to minimize the damage from crosses..

I've created a tactic that works for me too.

This does create an issue in and of itself though, in that you're needed to set up in specific ways to combat a ME bias. Which kind of destroys the point of a Football Management simulation..

The ME is kind of like seeing the fruits of labor coming to fruition. No one wants to be stuck with just a few choices, being forced to buy certain types of players, or tactically setting up the same way each time..

So I've just started my first game and when looking at my staff I see scouts, coaches and physios are all lumped under other staff. I know there was an other staff amount on FM14, but I just checked an old save for reference and noticed that scouts are separate, and other staff essentially covers coaches and physios.

Now is this board specific depending on the club you're managing, or are scouts always included in other staff now? If so I feel like there needs to be more flexibility. I am currently allowed four other staff (upped from 3 on board request) but I am allowed a Director of Football, Head of Youth Development and Under 21 and Under 19 assistant managers. When you're managing a smaller club these positions are less important than coaches and scouts. I feel there should be a way of making an adjustment in a similar way to the budget adjustment so, for example, you can have an extra coach instead of a Director of Football.

I asked a question then added a bit of feedback, which is secondary to my initial question. Not sure why it's been moved to feedback but if anyone can answer it'd be appreciated.

I asked a question then added a bit of feedback, which is secondary to my initial question. Not sure why it's been moved to feedback but if anyone can answer it'd be appreciated.

I can tell you it's part of the game now and not board specific, so it pretty certainly won't be changed at this stage.

This is atm the right place to register your approval or otherwise but actually getting it changed would now be something for the future versions wishlist I'm quite sure.

Even if you have somehow stumbled on the exact magic formula to stop all goals from crosses it doesn't mean there isn't an underlying issue.

Players shouldn't be channeled into playing 1 exact tactical set up to combat bias in the match engine.

And it works both ways, human managers can exploit the match engine and hammer teams by setting up to ping in crosses all day which is a bit simplistic and boring and very unrealistic.

I agree but that's the way it is in this game, we have a ME that has some flaws.

No magic formula, wish it was because I hated FM13 and last year was very so so, just couldn't take to them, I just watch the games and adjust tactics where necessary to combat what the AI team is doing.

I can tell you it's part of the game now and not board specific, so it pretty certainly won't be changed at this stage.

This is atm the right place to register your approval or otherwise but actually getting it changed would now be something for the future versions wishlist I'm quite sure.

Thanks for that. I thought maybe if I was managing a different or bigger club I'd get a separate scout allowance like fm14. I'm not keen on the format but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

I have played every FM-game since CM2. I didn´t buy (or play) FM 14 at all beause I was so annoyed after the launch of FM 13 (which didn´t get playable until the spring patch). I consider myself to be a very experienced and skilled FM-player, usually winning the Champions League with Swedish team IFK Gothenburg within 6-8 seasons. Now, playing FM15 and dedicating my one wife-free weekend for half a year solely to this game (and beer), I am yet again a tiny bit annoyed. I have played 15 competetive games, using mainly two formations (a diamond 4-4-2 and a 5-4-1 with both wing backs and wingers). Out of the 38 goals I´ve scored so far, 35 has been from crosses/set pieces. Of the 28 goals I´ve conceded, 26 has been from crosses/set pieces, despite me playing with two people on either side entirely focused on closing down crosses combined with three strong centre backs with good heading/marking (15, swedish premier division). Despite me using every game match tactic preparation on defendig set pieces. Even with my 4-4-2 diamond tactic, despite the lack of wingers, i score solely from crosses originating from my full backs (although conceding goals from crosses makes more sense). I am aware that 15 games is not a proper statistical selection, however, the amount of goals originating from crosses is difficult to accept.

I didn´t play the beta, so I can´t compare to how it was before. But why do you again release a game which is hardly playable due to this rather obvious problem? Do I always have to wait until march before I can play FM? I love your dedicated work on the game, I love the game, and I hate the fact that you are always this sloppy and treat me as a betatester for half a year before I can get a game that actually works they way it was intended to. I´ve noticed I´m not the only one sharing the concern over the amount of crosses, so please...can you fix this rapidly? Its ok to score from crosses and set pieces. But when I concede a goal which is not a cross/set piece, and genuinely feel happy about it, something is wrong.

Honestly I fully understand this, and I respect and commend you in finding a way to minimize the damage from crosses..

I've created a tactic that works for me too.

This does create an issue in and of itself though, in that you're needed to set up in specific ways to combat a ME bias. Which kind of destroys the point of a Football Management simulation..

The ME is kind of like seeing the fruits of labor coming to fruition. No one wants to be stuck with just a few choices, being forced to buy certain types of players, or tactically setting up the same way each time..

There will always be flaws in the ME or SI wouldn't keep bringing out a new game every year as they'd have got it right by now, the ME is what it is at the moment and we play it with whatever tactics we can that wins us games, some of us find these tactics quicker than others. In FM12 there was a specific tactic that made your team almost unbeatable as the ME was flawed badly but it made playing the game enjoyable because you were winning all the time. FM13 I hated and just could not get into it at all and this years is in it's early stages and a few more updates needed to make it better but so far it seems more enjoyable than last year and that's all I'm asking at the moment.

Hi

I turned on the game and came straight here...

Hi

Why does the font on Mac look so cheap? (perhaps it doesn't on PC version too)

The font it is very block like and looks cheap. I am rather shocked.

anyone experience the same?

(On a brand new macbook pro)

• Administrators
I have played every FM-game since CM2. I didn´t buy (or play) FM 14 at all beause I was so annoyed after the launch of FM 13 (which didn´t get playable until the spring patch). I consider myself to be a very experienced and skilled FM-player, usually winning the Champions League with Swedish team IFK Gothenburg within 6-8 seasons. Now, playing FM15 and dedicating my one wife-free weekend for half a year solely to this game (and beer), I am yet again a tiny bit annoyed. I have played 15 competetive games, using mainly two formations (a diamond 4-4-2 and a 5-4-1 with both wing backs and wingers). Out of the 38 goals I´ve scored so far, 35 has been from crosses/set pieces. Of the 28 goals I´ve conceded, 26 has been from crosses/set pieces, despite me playing with two people on either side entirely focused on closing down crosses combined with three strong centre backs with good heading/marking (15, swedish premier division). Despite me using every game match tactic preparation on defendig set pieces. Even with my 4-4-2 diamond tactic, despite the lack of wingers, i score solely from crosses originating from my full backs (although conceding goals from crosses makes more sense). I am aware that 15 games is not a proper statistical selection, however, the amount of goals originating from crosses is difficult to accept.

I didn´t play the beta, so I can´t compare to how it was before. But why do you again release a game which is hardly playable due to this rather obvious problem? Do I always have to wait until march before I can play FM? I love your dedicated work on the game, I love the game, and I hate the fact that you are always this sloppy and treat me as a betatester for half a year before I can get a game that actually works they way it was intended to. I´ve noticed I´m not the only one sharing the concern over the amount of crosses, so please...can you fix this rapidly? Its ok to score from crosses and set pieces. But when I concede a goal which is not a cross/set piece, and genuinely feel happy about it, something is wrong.

This is something our match team are very much looking into. Thanks.

But Neil, it's been identified for a long time that there were far too many goals in this ME, and particularly from crosses. It worries me that after that was very clear throughout the beta process people are still complaining about it now (I haven't received my game from Amazon still despite pre-ordering weeks ago!).

This is something our match team are very much looking into. Thanks.

Thank god for that.

I'll be playing on COD until the 1st patch that sorts out the ME.

Sorry, but for me, for the first time ever, this is stopping me from actually wanting to play.

Early perception of the official release having played a full season of the Beta on full detail and 6 games of the official release.

Overall I'm impressed with the U/I, some minor tweaks with regards to the Tactics screen and greater detail in the Performance/ Analysis screen aside, I think this is easily the best user interface yet.

I'm still not convinced that Player Roles provides enough complexity/ individuality now that the sliders have gone forever. The new additions in Player Roles are welcomed but in truth I'm still not convinced by any of their nuances. I can only await for the number of Player Roles to about double and set about trying to figure out their intricacies. I weirdly look forward to obtaining a complete wing-back who I can encourage not to cross so often( Alves) or a centre-back who moves into midfield( Albada) etc. etc.

I have my free-kicks set as short and not once have I seen this adhered to. I have also set 3 players to form a wall or disrupt wall, haven't seen this adhered to either. In-fact I've seen players I've obstructed to man mark form a wall and the players instructed to form a wall man-mark! I'm also disappointed we still haven't got the option for different free kick takers for direct/ indirect free kicks. The sight of my centre-forward banging the ball at the penalty spot from the halfway line still rankles. Remember I've also got them set to short. Similar happens with other set-piece instruction where players appear to ignore the settings at times.

The Match Engine leaves me confused. At times I think it's beautiful and then it's WTF. I have set-up an extreme possesion tactic to test the engine. Team instructions are all aimed at possesion ie, shorter passing, retain possesion, push higher-up, play narrower, close down much more etc etc.. The player instructions the same, shoot less often, cross less often, fewer risky passes etc etc.. Players just appear to inexplicably ignore these instructions on occasions. Players clearing the ball in the direction of no-one is the most common, I can only assume it's something to do with composure but it drives me crazy.

I have seen in 1 game 60 back passes to the goalkeeper and the keeper having the most passes in a game of which were 30+ punts into the opposition half even though micro-instructed not to.

Even with my extreme possesion tactic I'm averaging 57% per game, 83% passing success and about 480 passes per game. In real life Barcelona have 64%, 89% and 660 passes per game. I further notice that I'm averaging about 100 tackles combined per game where it should be about 40 and the number of turnovers is similarly skewed. These figures are now available from sites such as whoscored.com and whilst I understand the difficulty in simulating this it should be surely the intent to do so! If I can't differentiate my team from the AI teams then I really struggle to see the point. It feels as if teams almost always set out to counter my tactics by playing narrow with a much higher line and a high pressing game. I know they'll be them who say I should change my tactics to counter this but I think that's missing the point in a simulation.

I have some other minor niggles( players shooting from the byeline at the near post rather than cutting it back as an example), as I said I generally love the U/I and although I feel the Match Engine has some wonderful moments I still overall remain frustrated. I remain ever hopeful of that fantasy update that produces the perfect Match Engine.

Guys, this is not a rant thread, but a place for constructive feedback, as we've said before. Thanks.
feeding back through a rant. after months of optimism I feel very let down. If my rant is taken as a message that si must do better and stop letting people down with bodged/broken m.e's then good. What would happen if there was a competitor who produced a fotball management game. Maybe these problems would stop happening as si would need to up their game. We all get stale when we are not pushed.

feeding back through a rant. after months of optimism I feel very let down. If my rant is taken as a message that si must do better and stop letting people down with bodged/broken m.e's then good. What would happen if there was a competitor who produced a fotball management game. Maybe these problems would stop happening as si would need to up their game. We all get stale when we are not pushed.

Apart from that not being a particularly accurate statement, it is still not constructive feedback. Thank you.

• Administrators

Please cut out the rubbish posts, thanks. Rants aren't welcome, keep it to constructive feedback. If you want to rant in this manner, then keep it off the forums. Cheers.

Archived