Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw in change log that in new patch regens are improved in view-only leagues, is anyone loading view-only league because of that and did you noticed better regens in view-only leagues. :)

The conversion rate for corners was fine, which is what SI said. There were too many corners in a match though, resulting in us seeing more goals from corners. The headed clearances were also not the best, so that was fixed too.

That's what I thought too, but then I read this.

Actually I completely understand why it bothers you, the fact that there is a problem in this area bothers me too. Unfortunately all I can say is that it will be addressed for FM15 and that, despite this issue. I am at least satisfied that defending from corners is better in this patch than in the previous one, where corner goals were much higher (unrealistically so).

It appears that not everyone is on the same page. (Apologies but I don't know if Tony is a member of the testing team or something else)

Anyway, what's done is done.

It appears that not everyone is on the same page. (Apologies but I don't know if Tony is a member of the testing team or something else)

Anyway, what's done is done.

I hate to be pedantic, but......

Tony's point is consistent with that of PaulC in the last feedback thread, who said:

Quick update.

- Corners. We are still working on this. Main issue now is there are slightly too many of them at top levels.

Cheers,

Paul

The conversion rate for corners was always fine, but the number of corners was too high, which resulted in the excessive number of corner goals on 14.2.2.

Fewer corners + same conversion rate = fewer corner goals. There is no confusion.

Has every one noticed the amount of chances needed for goals to be scored? Is just me? Is my tactics? Is the CCC's interpretation to blame? Cause I'm going mad seeing the amount of CCC's my strikers miss. I'm pretty satisfied with my tactic, it gets the job done, my teams create lots of chances to the point of me feeling guilty of abusing the ME but my God the conversion is bad.

Has every one noticed the amount of chances needed for goals to be scored? Is just me? Is my tactics? Is the CCC's interpretation to blame? Cause I'm going mad seeing the amount of CCC's my strikers miss. I'm pretty satisfied with my tactic, it gets the job done, my teams create lots of chances to the point of me feeling guilty of abusing the ME but my God the conversion is bad.

I have games that go both ways. I think CCC's are the most abused stat to be honest. You see that and you think they are really clear cut, but the way they are calculated when you watch them back many of them are not so great at all. It's all about players being in a specific spot on the pitch and taking a shot, and doesn't account for player stats, how rushed the chance is, etc. I've read it described as a chance where a player should score, all things being optimal. But, they almost never are. When you watch them back are they just bottling sitters, or are they snapped off shots in traffic? Are they coming from a tough angle, or is the keeper well positioned? Sometimes strikers just blow them too :)

I think 2 out of 5 are misinterpreted. Watching them over and over again I noticed that my strikers struggles inside the six yard box. Before the update it was easier to score from an angle. Now(at least in my case ) my goals are scored from shots outside the six yard box and farther central position. What frustrates me the most is that after a mouth watering attacking movement where a simple tap-in should do the trick they miss. Now I'm at a point where my tactic does the job 80% and then nothing, hence my frustration...

I think 2 out of 5 are misinterpreted. Watching them over and over again I noticed that my strikers struggles inside the six yard box. Before the update it was easier to score from an angle. Now(at least in my case ) my goals are scored from shots outside the six yard box and farther central position. What frustrates me the most is that after a mouth watering attacking movement where a simple tap-in should do the trick they miss. Now I'm at a point where my tactic does the job 80% and then nothing, hence my frustration...

Maybe post up your tactics and some screenshots of blown chances in a thread in the Tactics forum, because there is likely a solution for whatever is ailing your strikers :)

Currently I'm gathering screenshots:)

Have the same issue here, mate... Still think it's from the game... The tactic is perfect because it is creating chances, but how you will improve to make the strikers score...

Have the same issue here, mate... Still think it's from the game... The tactic is perfect because it is creating chances, but how you will improve to make the strikers score...

It's not the game. If it were, everyone would have that problem, and there are plenty of folks who don't. If you are creating tons of chances and not scoring from them, then something is wrong with your tactic and isn't perfect.

It's not the game. If it were, everyone would have that problem, and there are plenty of folks who don't. If you are creating tons of chances and not scoring from them, then something is wrong with your tactic and isn't perfect.

Well, please tell me what it could be? We had this discussion earlier today. What in the tactic can make Cristiano Ronaldo to miss twice or even three times when in the six yard box and only the keeper to beat?

Not all problems are tactical, there are motivation issues to consider that could result in a player being overly complacent or just plain uninterested.

That's a good point, but if it's happening consistently game in and game out with different strikers as implied here, then it has to be tactical :). Saigon, let's clarify, is it just Ronaldo that is missing chances or is this happening throughout your whole team on a regular basis?

That's a good point, but if it's happening consistently game in and game out with different strikers as implied here, then it has to be tactical :). Saigon, let's clarify, is it just Ronaldo that is missing chances or is this happening throughout your whole team on a regular basis?

I can say all the strikers are missing a lot... They create amazing chances from playing, set pieces, etc., but the finishing it's not good.

sorry if this is in the wrong place, but since the patch, when i start a new game and select the default database, and use my own editor data file, when the game starts it has all the changes of the 14.3 database and none of my own, any ideas?

I can say all the strikers are missing a lot... They create amazing chances from playing, set pieces, etc., but the finishing it's not good.

Well, if you are interested in trying to find a 'fix' for it, open a thread in the tactics forum and post some screenshots of your tactic and some of your worst misses and folks there will do their best to help you try and solve it.

Honestly, what I've seen reported here on the forum and I see playing is still very weak, EM urgently need more adjustments!

A disappointment a game that had everything to be the best ever be a failure ... the beta in my opinion was the best shot! Patches were leaving and getting worse every patch, this 14.3 has improved very little, miss fm 12! How I love this game and I'm sad about the neglect that has been treated!

Honestly, what I've seen reported here on the forum and I see playing is still very weak, EM urgently need more adjustments!

A disappointment a game that had everything to be the best ever be a failure ... the beta in my opinion was the best shot! Patches were leaving and getting worse every patch, this 14.3 has improved very little, miss fm 12! How I love this game and I'm sad about the neglect that has been treated!

If you have a specific observation about 14.3 post it here. Just general whining and spamming that whining isn't helpful or wanted.

- Players losing many goals face to face with the goalkeeper, and the finalization of them are 16

- Goalkeepers like robots, machine like ninjas doing impossible defenses and both my hows the computer not doing any movement, advocating standing

- Many cons goals and many near goals coming from corner kicks or kicks totally unrealistic

- Indents fully infant ball, resulting in bizonhos and unrealistic goals

- Chutões forward and defenses that do not fight opponents

Basically this, the old patch was unplayable so rotten that it was ME, this improved exchange of passes, the dynamics of the game as well as the set pieces as a whole, most still give 0-10 note 4 to this 14 fm, rest of the game is perfect!

4) I'd give my first born for one of my wide players to drill it across the six yard box when they get into the box. Please, please stop shooting wide of the near post when you're in a crossing position and you have players arriving in the box.

Agree to this !!

I've read it described as a chance where a player should score, all things being optimal. But, they almost never are. When you watch them back are they just bottling sitters, or are they snapped off shots in traffic? Are they coming from a tough angle, or is the keeper well positioned? Sometimes strikers just blow them too :)

Depends entirelly on the defintion. Here's the one from Opta stats, which clearly doesn't apply for FM:

A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range.

And for CCCs (as defined per Opta) here's there 2011/2012 statistics on the Premier League's best converters:

http://eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Most-Clear-Cut-Chances-in-Premier-League.png

http://eplindex.com/14159/opta-stats-analysis-epl-strikers-reliance-clear-cut-chances.html

It is thus only the very best forwards that even convert more than 50% of those, throwing the misconception that a CCC (even one defined far more rigidly) would be a chance that should have been a goal out of the window. Bearing in mind that FM's definition is far more liberal, you can do the Maths. :) Never understood why people focus entirelly on a few key statistics without any context anyway. Maybe because in text-sim iterations of CM/FM, the stats were almost everything you could go by. But it is the match play forming the statistics, not the other way around. You can have what the game classes as 5, 6, 7 CCCs in a game, if none of these went it, that's what's happened. Likewise, just because you have just "missed" a CCC, the chance of the next one being converted will be no higher than with the previous one. Football is a game of crazy pain occasionally.

Please hot fix!!!

Honestly, ninjas goalies are ridiculous! Attackers lose goals in the face of the goalie, lost rebounds, throws off the reality of football can happen, nor fm 13 had a poor match engine was worse than that ... I bet everyone saw it, that the goalkeeper is fully unreal in this game!

All in all a pretty decent patch IMO. The one issue I have noticed though is that most of the opposition seem to play the same (ie I my case pass it around like Brazil). There don't seem to be too many different styles it all seems to be a deep defensive line and pass, pass, pass and even teams at the bottom of the League seem to make possession based passing moves at home or away. I'm doing ok, get a 0-0 away at Arsenal, a narrow 0-1 defeat away at Man City and yet 19th placed Southampton and 20th placed Stoke come to Upton Park and pass me off the pitch!! It may be a motivational issue on my part to be fair but teams at the bottom IMO play with too much confidence and purpose and even if you get a goal up they rarely capitulate. Passing at times it too crisp and not enough errors made. So some variations in strategy on AI teams would have been nice rather than what seems a vary generic approach by the AI.

Its not ninja keepers for me, its players never trying to aim for the far post. If they placed shots in the far corner, top players would be more successful. The wingers/full backs hitting the near side netting would be fixed too, as top players would cut the ball across goal like the classic cross come shot.

AI Teams are unable to sign free players. After couple season squads are full of 16-year old regens and half of original players are already retired.

Has this been raised anywhere?

I just scanned through the Sweden and Finland League Specific threads in the Bugs Forum, and saw no mention of this specific issue in either thread.

Good find HUNT3R!

Looks like it has been escalated to the Dev team to look at.

It isn't clear from that thread if the use of an edited database has contributed to the issue, so would be useful to hear if anyone playing in Finnish or Swedish leagues on the default database is experiencing the same issues.

Its not ninja keepers for me, its players never trying to aim for the far post. If they placed shots in the far corner, top players would be more successful. The wingers/full backs hitting the near side netting would be fixed too, as top players would cut the ball across goal like the classic cross come shot.

I've noticed since the patch that the players bring the ball down to the goal line and just smack the ball into the side netting as hard as they can, too many times a game.

Guest El Payaso
text
Good post.

Goalkeepers also 'slide' lots of crosses to corners (I'm saying sliding because I watch the game in 2D classic so can't see what actually happens). Generally I would say that these small streams make rivers: I see people complaining about quality of finishing but I think that we (and hopefully SI too) should be more worried about the amount of good chances that we regularly get in the games. That really doesn't make you rely the defences at all when there are games where players are through on goal 5-10 times and getting also other kind of free chances. And to those that talk about narrow angles in finishing and CCCs not being always easy chances: what makes a quality striker? - Ability to finish also from half-chances and from narrow angles. Torres has been quite a laughing stock in his Chelsea-career because he has missed a few sitters but the fact is that he doesn't get too many chances in every game, there are games where he gets none. Never seen him having over 3-4 good chances in a single game and that is how it generally works in real life. No player in the world at top level is that bad finisher as some seem to be in the game (especially when you start getting huge amount of chances in games) and no team in the world get that many chances regularly as we get with 'decent' teams.

If they're going to worry about finishing, first worry about defending and the amount of chances produced.

I have the same problem. A lot of possesion and good chances in front of the goal an they miss almost all. Now I see that more people have this I am beginning to think it is the game.

I have the same problem. A lot of possesion and good chances in front of the goal an they miss almost all. Now I see that more people have this I am beginning to think it is the game.

Other people can have the same problems as you, but it doesn't mean it is the game. If you really want to find out, instead of agonising over it, why don't you create a thread in the Tactics forum?

I would say what it is, but it would make no difference. I'll give you a clue though, it isn't the game...

No player in the world at top level is that bad finisher as some seem to be in the game (especially when you start getting huge amount of chances in games) and no team in the world get that many chances regularly as we get with 'decent' teams.

Might be. It might also be an interesting research. Speaking of which, posts like this would quadruple in credibility if they weren't based on gut-feeling (which was often proved wrong on many many things before), but rather facts. Gut feeling this is all this is, see the CCC conversion ratio I linked to above, that is the real-life one, in which the chances are accessed and individually classified by humans (which is subjective to a degree too, and CCCs differ in quality too), not an immediately obviously flawed algorithm in which the lines are drawn much loser on many an individual occasion and sometimes even downright impossible shooting angles or distances don't matter any.

As flawed as the CCC stats algorithm is, it would be an interesting start to actually have a CCC conversion ratio stat in the game. Maybe SI have one of these for internal soak testing, but who knows.

9_screenshot031.jpg

9_screenshot033.jpg

Same pattern, central defender smashes the cross into his own net. Some would say it's my tactics, but San Jose scored exactly the same own goal. I guess, it's still my tactics. Good game, keep up the good work.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i've only played about 2/3s of a single season since the new patch so far and i've had 3 instances in matches of a player crossing from the right, the keeper sort of limply diving at the ball and diverting it straight into the net and its given as a goal for the crosser despite it not even being on target.

2 of these have been in my favour and 1 against. at least one of them there was literally zero pressure on the keeper, he had yards of space all around him.

so two things, 1st, I can understand a mistake like this cropping up once in a blue moon, but certainly not this regularly.

2nd, theres no way should that be credited to the guy crossing, its got to be given as an own goal.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i've only played about 2/3s of a single season since the new patch so far and i've had 3 instances in matches of a player crossing from the right, the keeper sort of limply diving at the ball and diverting it straight into the net and its given as a goal for the crosser despite it not even being on target.

2 of these have been in my favour and 1 against. at least one of them there was literally zero pressure on the keeper, he had yards of space all around him.

so two things, 1st, I can understand a mistake like this cropping up once in a blue moon, but certainly not this regularly.

2nd, theres no way should that be credited to the guy crossing, its got to be given as an own goal.

Can you raise this in the bugs forum please? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Details of how to upload a PKM: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Archived