Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

If that IS the route they've gone down, then it would be utterly impossible to start the game as unemployed with a Sunday League rep and EVER get a job. It might be more realistic in that IRL, you're right, no chairman would offer a job to such a person, but given that option is available at the start of the game, there has to be openings that the player can apply for with some degree of likelihood of success.

It could be a bug for sure. It could also be that SI are thinking of this re. the lower league add-ons that many people make. Or just to make people think a bit ;)

That is true. But this is a game. If they wanted to make it more akin to IRL, they could just remove the Sunday League/Semi-Pro option.

But then again, there are always exceptions in real life too. AVB was basically a manager without any playing experience, but a very qualified scout/coach.

Yeah but AVB, Mourinho etc. came from within the game and presumably with qualifications as per my previous post, certainly with contacts in the game.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly does 'going to pot' entail if you tell us they never score anyway?

Player loses confidence and consequently his stats drop due to this

I will lay my last penny that you don't get over 15 corners in every game.

Are you now a fecking wizard that sees all my games and are now calling me and many others on here liars, this has been mentions by a very large number of people but on you go, have another we usual dig.

At the very most, your set piece to goal ratio will be close to 40%. Around 10% higher than real life, so perhaps too high. That said, I'd actually be surprised if it's as high as that. If you can show stats to back this one up, I will stand corrected.

As has been pointed out a gazillion times, the AI uses the same match engine, and has no advantage over the human player. If the computer can score with a good passing move, so can you. In fact, if you're seeing the opposition regularly score in this fashion, then that actually proves how good shape the match engine actually is. That you can't get your team doing the same is wholly down to you. Sorry, but that is an undeniable fact.

Another thing being argued on here is the way the AI seems to score with just the 1 or 2 chances it gets, or is this another thing dozens of people on this board are lying about. My team scores goals, averaging 3-4 a game(mostly by defenders from corners), scoring isn't the problem, it's the fact that the AI team score with it's only chance in the game, every game is the annoying thing.

The only thing I agree with you on. I'm not sure why that's started happening.

No offence here, but for SI to take your match engine complaint seriously, you really need to show evidence. However, having admitted that the AI are scoring good goals and playing good football, you've kinda shot yourself in the foot there.

There you go again mis reading what I said, AI scores a good goal YES but with it's only attack of the game. The fact that so many people are finding they are dominating games, their strikers are struggling to score goals, most goals come from set pieces, passing is now shocking and the AI manages to always score with it's only attempt while you watch your team hit posts and bar, have the ball saved by evostik gloved keepers and every shot miss by yards instead of inches.

Try trawling through the mess in this thread caused by another poor update and you'll see a pattern happening, or you could just carry on nit picking and slag off every post that differs from you viewpoint, when did you in fact become the all knowing pain in the arse would be moderator you wish you were, I've yet to see a post from you that's in the slightest way constructive, Knob.

Try trawling through the mess in this thread caused by another poor update and you'll see a pattern happening, or you could just carry on nit picking and slag off every post that differs from you viewpoint, when did you in fact become the all knowing pain in the arse would be moderator you wish you were, I've yet to see a post from you that's in the slightest way constructive, Knob.

This!!! +1

I'm still frustratingly wasting hours upon hours attempting to understand the ME by myself but it really isn't helped at times by over the top heavy touches in dangerous positions by any one of my back four, Keystone Cops type corner scrambles and my Full Backs either not sticking a foot in or flying into a player and giving away a penalty.

Cheers for cheering me up though jc1, "the all knowing pain in the arse would be moderator you wise you were" gave me a chuckle!

I dont care what anyone says. Ive played enough fm/CM/video games in general in my lifetime to know when im being pawned by the AI. Seriously 18 shots, 13 on target, 5 clear cut chances with strikers with high stats/morale. Guess what half saved my GK with match rating of 6.8, 4 hit the woodwork and the rest get shanked wide.

This is a frequent occurrence. Ive tried one up top, two up top, wingers, 352, 442, 4231, slow tempo, cut out long shots, you name it I've done it.

AI scores with on average 2-4 shots on target. This seriously is doing my nut. Its just so blatant its disgusting. I've never seen a team hit the woodwork >2 times a game, every game. Its NOT realistic in any shaoe or form. Now whether this is some way keep scores realistic & stop my team destroying the AI by 5 to 8 goals a game is something i've contemplated. I just dont understand why a team can nearly every game have worse shot conversion than the AI on such a consistent basis.

I think this needs to be addressed because dominating and losing/drawing games on such a regular basis on different saves, different tactics with different variables tells me its the ME & not my tactics.

To all Moderators and some smart-arse-wish-to-be-moderators, from now I will refer you as you:

We, loyal customers, have been playing and paid this game for years. You opened a feedback thread so that we, again LOYAL CUSTOMERS, can provide some feedbacks and criticisms, and yet after skimming through all 17 pages of this thread, I have never seen anyone of you openly acknowledge the critical failures of the ME (Maybe after some arguments then you reluctantly agree?). You always argue that we have done something wrong with our tactics. If a lot of people raise some issues, then there must be some issues otherwise, how do we make those up? Examples:

1. Strikers, even ones with good attributes, have difficulty scoring in one-on-one situation. How can it be a tactic if Luis Suarez keep on hitting the ball straight to GK in ooo situation?

2. Concede so many goals from corners and freekicks after some rubber and ping-pong effects in the penalty area no matter how much we tweak the set pieces. How can it be a tactic?

3. Poor first touch! Tactic?

4. Woodwork, woodwork, and woodwork. Tactic?

5. GK doing stupid mistakes. Again you blame us on Tactic?

6. GK easily beaten in near post. Tactic?

7. Players keep on attempting to shoot instead of pass in a very tight angle area? Tactic?

8. IF, and only IF, a lot of us think that the Mods have not done a good job then maybe YOU in fact have not done a good job.

I will expect you to reply me with argument about my tactic and what I have done wrong, so I will let you know about my save game. I have done one season with FC Barcelona winning the league and champions league. My league record is 36-2-0 with goals record of 105-11 playing attractive possession based football. Yet even with what I have achieved I still have to acknowledge the critical failures of the ME as I have pointed above. If those things do not happen to my team then they happen to AI teams.

But of course, since FM is the best in its genre with basically no rival, SI will not be worried about losing their customers. And this kind attitude is reflected by, of course, the attitude of their Mods. I hope I am wrong.

Enjoy your new year everyone!!

To all Moderators and some smart-arse-wish-to-be-moderators, from now I will refer you as you:

We, loyal customers, have been playing and paid this game for years. You opened a feedback thread so that we, again LOYAL CUSTOMERS, can provide some feedbacks and criticisms, and yet after skimming through all 17 pages of this thread, I have never seen anyone of you openly acknowledge the critical failures of the ME (Maybe after some arguments then you reluctantly agree?). You always argue that we have done something wrong with our tactics. If a lot of people raise some issues, then there must be some issues otherwise, how do we make those up? Examples:

1. Strikers, even ones with good attributes, have difficulty scoring in one-on-one situation. How can it be a tactic if Luis Suarez keep on hitting the ball straight to GK in ooo situation?

2. Concede so many goals from corners and freekicks after some rubber and ping-pong effects in the penalty area no matter how much we tweak the set pieces. How can it be a tactic?

7. Players keep on attempting to shoot instead of pass in a very tight angle area? Tactic?

8. IF, and only IF, a lot of us think that the Mods have not done a good job then maybe YOU in fact have not done a good job.

I will expect you to reply me with argument about my tactic and what I have done wrong, so I will let you know about my save game. I have done one season with FC Barcelona winning the league and champions league. My league record is 36-2-0 with goals record of 105-11 playing attractive possession based football. Yet even with what I have achieved I still have to acknowledge the critical failures of the ME as I have pointed above. If those things do not happen to my team then they happen to AI teams.

But of course, since FM is the best in its genre with basically no rival, SI will not be worried about losing their customers. And this kind attitude is reflected by, of course, the attitude of their Mods. I hope I am wrong.

Enjoy your new year everyone!!

You cant have been reading particularly closely them if you think there are issues that not been acknowledged. In fact it's hard to take this post seriously when its misguided from the start. The fact that you think every post is answered that way suggests further you haven't been reading closely enough, in which case, you probably shouldn't cast aspersions

Lots of evidence showing to the contrary in many games, so where so you start drawing a line.

Also possible to not concede goals at all. In fact the real debate whether there are too many goals from corners, or whether the ratio is correct, but that there are too many corners in general. Already long discussed that corner deliver is too generic

Facetious post. First touch was too good in difficult takedowns originally especially in lower level football. It could well still need to be balanced the other way. If there are specific examples, people need to be posting those Pkms

Long been noted woodworks are slightly high, have you really been reading any of the feedback?

There are still aspects of weak keeping, again long pointed out. Now I'm certain you haven't read this well enough at all.

Again, seeing specific examples? Bug thread.

8. IF, and only IF, a lot of us think that the Mods have not done a good job then maybe YOU in fact have not done a good job

This is where i refer you to the house rules. The fact that you think we are on one side is where your post falls down. Secondly it isn't on you to judge our job, but SI. More to the point we're not here to be your punching bags. If you actually have a specific complaint about the mods use the contact us link. Making digs at SI, Mods and other users will see you not lasting long here.

Oh and by the way, moderators are also customers, and long term players (many of whom have been playing since the beginning,) who give up their own time to moderate these forums :thup:

I too found that after the patch my all conquering stikers were suffering in front of goal, particulaly directly in front of goal and in one on ones. After the first 20 or so matches I also had most of my goals coming from defenders and midfielders. However a few tweaks to a few player roles and now my main striker has 23 goals in 25 games.

What I have seen in my save is that the source of goals has shifted. Before 14.2 most assists came from my AMC now it is my ML who has by far the most assists.

I have also experienced games where the AI has a 100% shot conversion rate (for example losing 0-3 to a team that had 3 shots in the whole match to my 23) but this is not new to this patch and does not happen often. The occasional comedy GK/first touch errors aside I am happy with the ME.

Oh believe me, I do see a 'pattern' in the feedback for this update, a very distinct one at that.

And just a few minutes before I typed that response, I was uploading yet another save to the SI servers regarding an issue in the game. That's pretty constructive, I'd say.

Certainly more so than repeating generic moans with no evidence to back it up.

Hope this helps.

Having uploaded various pkms/games, I'll have a moan as well as be constructive...

I'm half English, half Welsh. Given I was born in Wales, I choose my place of birth, thus making me Welsh for the purposes of FM. I start unemployed, I get no jobs. I switch nationalities, using my current location as my place of birth (in England) and I get jobs.

This, plus several broken match engine elements in 14.2 - first touch, dodgy keepers, bizarre passes etc, mean I don't want to play the game right now. I loved it until 14.2, and I'm sure I'll love it after 14.2. But 14.2 is, IMO, the worst patch in a very long time.

So...

And yet...

My league record is 36-2-0 with goals record of 105-11 playing attractive possession based football.

You've conceded 11 goals in a whole season, yet your complaint is that you 'concede so many goals from corners and free kicks'.

Run that one by me again.

The bigger issue around this bug is when players get sacked or resign, as it almost forces you to start a brand new save. I can imagine that being annoying if you're many years into the game.

"Annoying"? That's an understatement!

And for the last time: if you are Manchester United manager and have an international reputation, the unemployment bug will likely not affect you (yes Lord Rowell, I'm looking at you). If, however, you are a true LLMer and want to start the game unemployed and with a low reputation, you WILL NOT get a job. Period. There are THOUSANDS of LLMers who like to start at the very bottom and work their way up, and this bug (along with the wage bug) has absolutely killed the game for us. I still can't quite believe this bug is in the game, but it is and it needs to be fixed now. It's not funny anymore.

I received a Google Nexus 7 for Christmas and I'm half tempted to buy FM Handheld. Does anybody know of any game breaking bugs like this one in the handheld version?

There is a kind of workaround for the unemployed bug until it gets fixed. When you first start the game, on the set up screen, choose the option where only clubs without a manager can be chosen to manage. When the game loads up, there will only be a handful of available jobs. Simply pick one that you would realstically have got before this issue was discovered, then off you go. Not ideal, but at least it gives you a start. I've just did this myself, and am now managing in one of the Danish lower leagues.

In terms of getting another job if sacked/resigning, hopefully by the time that happens in your game, the issue will have been resolved.

There is a kind of workaround for the unemployed bug until it gets fixed. When you first start the game, on the set up screen, choose the option where only clubs without a manager can be chosen to manage. When the game loads up, there will only be a handful of available jobs. Simply pick one that you would realstically have got before this issue was discovered, then off you go. Not ideal, but at least it gives you a start. I've just did this myself, and am now managing in one of the Danish lower leagues.

In terms of getting another job if sacked/resigning, hopefully by the time that happens in your game, the issue will have been resolved.

Thanks for the tip Dave. I will probably wait for the game to be fixed and may even give FM Handheld a bash, but it's an option I guess.

Does that mean the sacked or resigned AI manager also facing the same problem?

Presented without further comment.

Mix up between defender and keeper. :p

Na, clearly a bug, so you'd be advised to upload it.

Does that happen often? When these kind of things happen in my game (thankfully VERY rarely), I just put it down to defensive balls-ups. I'd only be concerned if it was happening regularly.

This patch means goodbye FM14 for me. Given it two and a half seasons, but it's just not fun any more. The tweak to player first touch has to be dialed back because as it stands now it's ridiculous. Sad because I enjoyed the match engine up to this patch which has sadly ruined any enjoyment I got out of this game. The corner issue is also a big problem, but mostly the fact that world class players no longer can receive passes into their feet without the ball bouncing several yards away from them is deeply disheartening.

It happens my goalie sometimes to pass the ball straight to the opponent strikers for no reasons: no pressure, easy short pass. Individual instructions are the most cautious I could set up.

And about goals conceded from corners, I noticed leaving the default settings solved *almost* entirely the problem.

Aaaand I quit, for now. Since the patch my Gateshead side, which previously took part in half-presentable games of football, has found itself engaged in bizarre contests to see whose goalkeepers and defenders can commit the least number of glaring blunders. Distribution from the back and play through the middle are as if conducted by mentally subnormal children. I've tried 3 or 4 different tactics, none of which were tremendously complicated, all of which previously produced something like coherent team performances even if they weren't world-beaters, and the result has been that on any given day my team is quite likely to forget how to play the game of football entirely.

Inshallah, sooner or later a company like EA Sports will jump in and provide some competition that will make releasing a buggy, unfinished game at full price each year a non-option

So...

And yet...

You've conceded 11 goals in a whole season, yet your complaint is that you 'concede so many goals from corners and free kicks'.

Run that one by me again.

See, there you go again, I think he was meaning that of the goals scored against him, the majority if not all are from corners and freekicks, not the amount but the frequency of them regarding how they're scored.

The majority of the eleven goals he's conceded all season? Well, that's a soak test and a half!

Oh here we go again with the overly witty rebuffs(not) tell me Dave, have you applied for a job as a Mod here yet, maybe you're not being sarcastic and cheeky get enough for them but carry on, it'll happen some day.

Anyway back to the FEEDBACK which this thread is about.

I've tweaked my tactics making IF's play narrower and allowing my WB's to overlap and the corner issue seems to have abated for now, only seeing 10-12 per game for my team, which seems more realistic.

Made my striker a complete one with support duties, also made him close down more, meaning he'll harry the defenders when not on the ball, strikers seem to be scoring more, with less goals from set pieces.

It's just a pity that after every new patch, tactics have to be seriously looked at each time.

Due to the death of one of our U19 players in real life, I've started a new game and using the editor, I've deleted him from the squad, it was very hard playing the game and watching his name every week.

But the overarching point made by me and many many others, which is that it is not the done thing to peddle severely borked software in this way, stands

The problem you have is that the software is not in any way "severely borked"

The only issue I would consider in any way gamebreaking at present is the unemployed bug which appeared during the last patch, I'm also pretty certain that SI didn't introduce it on purpose so its one of those unfortunate bugs that appear when you patch software.

The ME will never, ever be perfect and will always be tweaked/refined to improve it. If you use logical tactics the ME is perfectly playable producing realistic performances and results most of the time. I'm not saying it doesn't have issues but by far the biggest issues in this and others threads are of the users making. Poor tactics & unrealistic expectations and understanding of football is the biggest problem many users have.

Oh, and a three month injury on a player with high natural fitness, 26 years old and in his prime leading to a whole star of CA and PA decrease? Please. I would understand it if it was a broken leg or a knee injury, but this is just lame.

I don't think there's anything 'poor' tactically about a very rigid 442 whose only distinguishing feature is that the left back has been asked to attack and the left winger roam / cut inside, but that is what I used in my last game. What I saw unfolding in front of me was nothing like football whatsoever, with all the bugs mentioned in here presenting themselves on a constant basis. The game was eventually decided by my goalkeeper collecting a back pass and waiting to be tackled.

The tactics, which are rather conservative and have steered Gateshead into the Skrill playoff positions thus far, are not to blame - and if we're to suppose for a second that they are, that would be a further indictment of this patch because no team in the world could be expected to make such a hash of interpreting "4-4-2 with target man". An understanding of football is useless when assessing a match like the ones I'm seeing now because nothing that is occurring on the pitch has any relation to the instructions given. There is no "please don't whack half your corners out of play" instruction, no "don't dither and wait to be tackled" instruction for keepers, no button that reminds my keeper and defenders that there is a designated target man on the pitch and perhaps to try and hit him... we could go on and on.

The point of abolishing sliders was suppose to be that users could no longer issue nonsensical instructions that produced weird, disjointed matches, but that is exactly what I'm now seeing, and with a truly bog standard set of tactical instructions. The same was true to a certain extent on previous patches but there is no doubt at all that this one has brought about a sharp deterioration.

Mix up between defender and keeper. :p

Na, clearly a bug, so you'd be advised to upload it.

Does that happen often? When these kind of things happen in my game (thankfully VERY rarely), I just put it down to defensive balls-ups. I'd only be concerned if it was happening regularly.

I'd consider uploading this had there been a normal way to do it.

Downloading some third party tool which I have nothing to do with, just to report a problem that should've never existed in the first place in a product I'd paid for is not something I'd like to do really. I certainly have far better uses for my time.

This is a very rare that a second "big update" makes so much problems. We now have problems like ME and contract bug and ofc the unemployment bug. All of these thing i dont think cant be fixed within a normal time. I havent played FM since the update and i dont know how long will all of this gamebreaking bugs persist. I wish we can just rollback...

I don't think there's anything 'poor' tactically about a very rigid 442 whose only distinguishing feature is that the left back has been asked to attack and the left winger roam / cut inside, but that is what I used in my last game. What I saw unfolding in front of me was nothing like football whatsoever, with all the bugs mentioned in here presenting themselves on a constant basis. The game was eventually decided by my goalkeeper collecting a back pass and waiting to be tackled.

Seriously?

Every formation has inherent strengths & weaknesses and a rigid 442 is no different.

You have no-one in the DM strata giving any opposition AMC/L/Rs lots of space to work in and even if the opposition don't use AMs and lineup in a standard 442 at best you are lining up man for man where the attacking team always have a slight advantage over the defence.

Going forward you have a lesser issue in that you have no-one in the AM strata which can be exploited by opposition deep playmakers and to a lesser extent fullbacks. While attacking its somewhat negated by at least some of your wingers/MCs having attack orders.

The tactics, which are rather conservative and have steered Gateshead into the Skrill playoff positions thus far, are not to blame - and if we're to suppose for a second that they are, that would be a further indictment of this patch because no team in the world could be expected to make such a hash of interpreting "4-4-2 with target man". An understanding of football is useless when assessing a match like that because nothing that is occurring on the pitch has any relation to the instructions given. There is no "please don't whack half your corners out of play" instruction, no "don't dither and wait to be tackled" instruction for keepers, no button that reminds my keeper and defenders that there is a designated target man on the pitch and perhaps to try and hit him... we could go on.

The corners going out of play is annoying and is something which I expect to be refined in the next patch.

An understanding of football and tactics to some degree is required as is the ability to convert them to "FM speak" which is where the tactics forum and its users can help.

Target man is chosen simply by choosing that role as is playmaker therefore not needing a specific tick box as previous versions had.

The point of abolishing sliders was suppose to be that users could no longer issue nonsensical instructions that produced weird, disjointed matches, but that is exactly what I'm now seeing, and with a truly bog standard set of tactical instructions. The same was true to a certain extent on previous patches but there is no doubt at all that this one has brought about a sharp deterioration.

Unfortunately whilst stopping those tactics that were exploits it hasn't stopped users making poor choices in terms of roles/duties and team orders.

It's just a pity that after every new patch, tactics have to be seriously looked at each time.

You really must learn to qualify these statements :) the less complex your original tactic the less chance an update will seriously affect them in my experience.

I get really fed up with people stating "facts" which it often transpires only apply to them or to a limited number of people.

Let's at least be properly factual when claiming things are facts eh? :)

Seriously?

Every formation has inherent strengths & weaknesses and a rigid 442 is no different.

You have no-one in the DM strata giving any opposition AMC/L/Rs lots of space to work in and even if the opposition don't use AMs and lineup in a standard 442 at best you are lining up man for man where the attacking team always have a slight advantage over the defence.

Going forward you have a lesser issue in that you have no-one in the AM strata which can be exploited by opposition deep playmakers and to a lesser extent fullbacks. While attacking its somewhat negated by at least some of your wingers/MCs having attack orders.

The corners going out of play is annoying and is something which I expect to be refined in the next patch.

An understanding of football and tactics to some degree is required as is the ability to convert them to "FM speak" which is where the tactics forum and its users can help.

Target man is chosen simply by choosing that role as is playmaker therefore not needing a specific tick box as previous versions had.

Unfortunately whilst stopping those tactics that were exploits it hasn't stopped users making poor choices in terms of roles/duties and team orders.

You miss my point. Yes, the 4-4-2 has its strengths and weaknesses as a formation and if those were exploited by the opposition in the game I'd notice it and try to address it, and that would be fine. None of the 4-4-2's inherent strengths and weaknesses, though, would tend to result in goalkeepers humping the ball to opposing forwards, dithering until tackled, or carefully weighing up their options before punting the ball down the wing when there is a target man waiting specifically to have them kick him the ball. See what I mean? Each match is becoming a series of mistakes and irrational decisions, none of which have anything to do with the tactics selected. An understanding of football is of no use in trying to figure out why my goalkeeper just dinked it onto his own centre back's head, because that is behaviour so basically wrong as to render tactics irrelevant. If the players' only errors were tactical I'd be delighted but that is obviously not the case when players are behaving as if on ketamine.

I know target man is automatically chosen. That's why I'm quite dismayed when I see my keeper and back line totally ignore his presence. That's not my tactics - I've told them wha

t to do, which is aim for him. So... they don't.

The ME is borked.

So its generally acknowledged that I'm going to have to wait for a hotfix before I can play now I've been sacked? The clubs that have interviewed me have been managerless for almost a season now.

If you apply for jobs within your own country, you can have some success in landing one. In my experience, it seems to be foreign jobs I don't seem to be able to get whilst unemployed.

You miss my point. Yes, the 4-4-2 has its strengths and weaknesses as a formation and if those were exploited by the opposition in the game I'd notice it and try to address it, and that would be fine. None of the 4-4-2's inherent strengths and weaknesses, though, would tend to result in goalkeepers humping the ball to opposing forwards, dithering until tackled, or carefully weighing up their options before punting the ball down the wing when there is a target man waiting specifically to have them kick him the ball. See what I mean? Each match is becoming a series of mistakes and irrational decisions, none of which have anything to do with the tactics selected. An understanding of football is of no use in trying to figure out why my goalkeeper just dinked it onto his own centre back's head, because that is behaviour so basically wrong as to render tactics irrelevant. If the players' only errors were tactical I'd be delighted but that is obviously not the case when players are behaving as if on ketamine.

I know target man is automatically chosen. That's why I'm quite dismayed when I see my keeper and back line totally ignore his presence. That's not my tactics - I've told them wha

t to do, which is aim for him. So... they don't.

The ME is borked.

Goalkeepers dithering is generally tactical with a dose of player attributes. Its usually caused by him trying to follow your orders but not being able to because of other orders, an example would be trying to pass the ball out but not being able to find a passing option within the range and risk level you have assigned to him.

I can see a case for more general balls forward being hit towards a target man rather than just cleared although it would need further investigation as I do see a lot of balls aimed towards my ST already.

Overall though you need to understand that errors happen all the time IRL, Arsene Wenger once said every goal scored is the result of a mistake at some point.

You really must learn to qualify these statements :) the less complex your original tactic the less chance an update will seriously affect them in my experience.

I get really fed up with people stating "facts" which it often transpires only apply to them or to a limited number of people.

Let's at least be properly factual when claiming things are facts eh? :)

I never said anywhere it was a fact, I stated that when you find a tactic that works for a particular ME(bugs and all) then the ME changes due to certain bugs being fixed, tweaks are needed but with that more bugs seem to appear which were different from the others. So just as soon as you suss out your tactics for one ME, update comes around and you then have to look at your tactics all over again to correct fixed bugs but also to counter new bugs which seem to crop up.

There is a number of people complaining about their game not working since the new patch, this'll be due to their tactics from previous update not compatible with the new updated one.......too many corners.....goals only from these corners........strikers not scoring etc

You and in fact many of the mods on here always state that people should check the tactics 1st before complaining, if these things continue, then visit the bugs forum, my post where you took the quote above from, stated that I've fixed a couple of the annoying things in this ME by tweaking my tactics, the fact is it's taking a wee bit longer this time to fix which has been very annoying.

So far we've had 3 ME in this years game, all with different bugs and problems, seems when one ME is tweaked, the next seems to gain different problems but that's just my view point. I'm enjoying this years game so far, just seems to be too many things to tweak every update.

Archived